Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shaggar posted:

imo just disable javascript in all browsers. that will make them way faster.

have fun browsing sa and literally nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah it would be great. javascript is the worst thing to ever happen to the internet.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

a Free HTML5 accounting package for small businesses that runs offline in their browser
a Free HTML5 video editor that can run offline
a Free HTML5 music production system that can run offline
a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) to teach how to deploy ERP5 accounting
a Free decentralized instant messaging system that everyone can participate without installing anything on their PC or smartphone
a Free blockchain system that everyone can participate without installing anything on their PC or smartphone

lol yeah I'm sure apple is falling over themselves to support that poo poo in a browser instead of an app where it belongs

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
can someone post the thing about how some tech guy was interviewing jobs and he took his phone out to record and jobs looked visibly disgusted about the writer having his iPhone in a case

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shaggar posted:

imo just disable javascript in all browsers. that will make them way faster.

hooray 90's internet

maybe we should all just agree that everything about the internet sucks

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cases only became a necessity for iphone 5 because it would shatter with even the slightest impact and the casing would scratch very easily and then iphone 6 brought us the camera wart

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

the 5 is fine and doesn't need a case. the 4 did because they put glass on both sides for no good reason

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i can count the number of 4s i've seen with even a crack on the case with one hand

whereas the cracked/scratched 5/6/se i've seen are innumerable, even several coming scratched out of the box

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

lol stymie once again inhabiting the bizzaroverse

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
admittedly my experience is anecdotal, but i suggest you consult the internet for many, manifold stories of iphone 5 coming out of the box scratched (along with bent iphone 6 while we're at it)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's almost like they sold vastly more 5 and 6 models so one would see more of them and therefore see more of them broken...

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The iphone 7 bends, scratches, and buzzes with regular use

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

it's almost like they sold vastly more 5 and 6 models so one would see more of them and therefore see more of them broken...

and with a little bit of thought and analysis you learn that the number broken/scratched is disproportionate to the number sold

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

bump_fn posted:

can someone post the thing about how some tech guy was interviewing jobs and he took his phone out to record and jobs looked visibly disgusted about the writer having his iPhone in a case

iirc it was jony, not stebe

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Stymie posted:

cases only became a necessity for iphone 5 because it would shatter with even the slightest impact and the casing would scratch very easily and then iphone 6 brought us the camera wart

now with the iPhone 7 you need a case and a dongle hooray

maybe someone will make a case that plugs into the lightning port to provide a headphone jack and a lightning pass through port so you can listen to music and charge your phone at the same time what innovation

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

maniacdevnull posted:

The iphone 7 bends, scratches, and buzzes with regular use

and explodes.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

My Linux Rig posted:

maybe someone will make a case that plugs into the lightning port to provide a headphone jack and a lightning pass through port so you can listen to music and charge your phone at the same time what innovation

[Ask] me about being on shark tank

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim got caught up in the race to the bottom with android manufacturers and now here we are where the lack of a feature can be considered a differentiator and desirable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iphone 7 comes out of the package pre-bent so you think its normal for a phone to bend.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stymie posted:

tim got caught up in the race to the bottom with android manufacturers and now here we are where the lack of a feature can be considered a differentiator and desirable

its almost as if he's a ceo that cares more about his tied-to-stock-value bonus, and will do anything to raise it at the expense of the long term success of the company

really makes you think

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

the iphone 7 comes out of the package pre-bent so you think its normal for a phone to bend.

once again android users are jealous of iphone design, the iphone safely bends instead of exploding so please recheck your facts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
new Mac Pro update

from Samsung

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i bet it's also going to bomb

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
here at samsung, we BLOW OUT the competition

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the 5 is fine and doesn't need a case. the 4 did because they put glass on both sides for no good reason

agreed but just a protector for the back of the 4

My Linux Rig posted:

this is already literally a thing and it is lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

The Management posted:

new Mac Pro update

from Samsung

and they put the whole speaker, including the bass, at the top, not the bass at the bottom, to resonate and reflect off the surface it's placed on

idiots

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
iPhone 4, you mean the phone where Apple gave away cases for it because it didn't function when being held without one?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that would be the case

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Wheany posted:

have fun browsing sa and literally nothing else

works4me

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

that would be the case

:hfive:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

new Mac Pro update

from Samsung

Beautiful and completely original. Another triumph for Samsung

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Leading by following.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

trails aren't all we're blazing

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
also while iOSx is largely great the new music app sucks big time

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
It's better in some ways but worse in others. Jimmy Iovine giveth and taketh away.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my early 2011 macbook pro is starting to die... where are the new laptops timb

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

that app store dev whos account was killed by Apple has recordings proving apple has been lying about the whole thing. his only mistake was paying for a dev account for a scummy relative. the company, it's a piece of poo poo

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

posting from a mac pro and literally no one has ever recognized it as a computer

ask a pc enthusiast to name a cylindrical pc and they'll say 'what?'

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

also lol that it's 2016 and i'm posting on the top-of-the-line most recent mac pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the one that came out three years ago?

congrats on the museum piece i guess, hope you're keeping it mint

• Locked thread