Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

gloom posted:

At this point in the season I'd take the win. If it looks like a bunch of teams will be clustered together with similar records, and points could affect playoff seeding, I might take points.

I'm actually pretty far in front points-wise but not record-wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
If it's close enough that a stat correction could give the other guy the win, I'd definitely chase the points.

Realistically, I would anyways because I believe in running up the score.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Brockenstein posted:

I'm actually pretty far in front points-wise but not record-wise

Don't bench Olsen. I don't think he'll fumble and cost you negative points. Only time I consider benching a player is when its a defense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I could survive a fumble, I'm up by a little over two points

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 10, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need 32.4 points from Benjamin and Evans tonight in PPR.

I also need Winston to outscore Evans by 30 points in PPR with bonuses at yardage milestones.

I'm actually feeling rather confident in both so I expect Winston to go down with an injury and have Evans rack up a ton of yards while Benjamin does nothing.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I need 7 from Benjamin and Brate and will somehow end up losing.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I need 11 from Benjamin and am not confident. Really wish I would've started Larry Fitzgerald.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Brockenstein posted:

If I bench Olsen I'm guaranteed to win but I'm not up by much. Should I chase points or just take the win

This isn't even a question. You're way more likely to lose on a stat correction than Olsen getting negative points.

And if your tiebreaker is points you'd be insane to bench him, no matter how far ahead you currently are.

e: Need 4.8 from Benjamin in 0.5 PPR. I should be good. I better be good...

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
It sure would be great if Graham Gano could miss a couple of kicks tonight.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Traditionally, backup quarterbacks lean more heavily on their tight ends. Coaches run more TE-heavy sets to give the QB easy checkdowns when they're not running the ball. And Olsen is a top-three tight end - possibly TE1 by the end of the season, if Gronk doesn't shape up.

He is not going to score negative points tonight.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

a shameful boehner posted:

It sure would be great if Graham Gano could miss a couple of kicks tonight.
You are me and I you

I am up by 3 points and the only person she has left is Gano....

Odds of a kicker only getting 1 FG or 3 or less PAT?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Up by 12, standard. My Mike Evans vs his Kelvin Benjamin.

Let's do this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
6 straight runs by Quizz

This game might suck

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just need 4 more points in 1PPR and I'll beat the guy that started Wilson and Kelce even though they're on byes. He also has Zeke.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Please show me something Benjamin/Brate, I don't need much...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This jaquizz seems more competent than I remember. is carolina really bad at stopping the run?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just logged on and Derek Anderson has no points? Is he hurt?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

He just threw away any points he had.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Actually he's Derek Anderson

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
This game, good lord.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Actually he's Derek Anderson

Sit Kirk Cousins because of the windy conditions, they said. Anderson is good for 2 TDs, they said.

All I need is 10 points from a QB. I may be disappointed.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I mean we tell people not to listen to us ever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LmaoTheKid posted:

This game, good lord.

Whoever wins, we all lose.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Was Brate a bad BYE week fill in? Hell, two other TEs have catches

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MrSargent posted:

Was Brate a bad BYE week fill in? Hell, two other TEs have catches

I dunno. I'm using him too to cover Kelce. He's getting dropped anyways.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wow, I start watching and Anderson now has 3 points. Keep it up and get seven more please.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Nadir posted:

I am up by 3 points and the only person she has left is Gano....

Odds of a kicker only getting 1 FG or 3 or less PAT?
My hopes are still afloat

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

LmaoTheKid posted:

This game, good lord.

This utter tire fire of a game is exactly what I need :getin: Facing Derek Anderson, Benjamin, and Panthers D in one league, and at halftime I'm up by 18. In another league there's a small weekly payout for high score. I'm up by 6 on the next closest guy there, who has Jameis and Benjamin.

Please continue to be loving awful

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well I'm glad I said gently caress it and started Olsen

I'm about 100 points scored ahead of second place in my league.. But I have a loss :(

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Docjowles posted:

This utter tire fire of a game is exactly what I need :getin:

Please continue to be loving awful

This is the correct take

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

gently caress Cameron Artis Payne, this is the worst

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

This is the correct take

:smug:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

gently caress this game I quit

jk I'm not out of this yet

Varg fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 11, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Anderson is fantastic for Olsen.

I just need him to also be fantastic to opposing safety Chris Conte and let him get in on those sweet, sweet interceptions.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
All hail the Fantasy Gods

They are harsh but they are fair (just won by 1.1 points because my opponent had Gano for only 2 points)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol Aguallo keeps his job, by winning the game, thus dooming tampa to several more losses from missed FGs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nadir posted:

All hail the Fantasy Gods

They are harsh but they are fair (just won by 1.1 points because my opponent had Gano for only 2 points)

If there are fantasy football Gods they're all Old Testament and poo poo. Like doling out a bunch of wrath to random people because they looked at the wrong bug on Thursday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

I need 32.4 points from Benjamin and Evans tonight in PPR.

I also need Winston to outscore Evans by 30 points in PPR with bonuses at yardage milestones.

I'm actually feeling rather confident in both so I expect Winston to go down with an injury and have Evans rack up a ton of yards while Benjamin does nothing.

Got 32.9 thanks boys :tipshat:

Other matchup wasn't even close. 2-0 weeks are cool.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I am feeling compelled to author a slightly homoerotic paean in honor of The Black Unicorn's performance during Kelce's bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Lol Aguallo keeps his job, by winning the game, thus dooming tampa to several more losses from missed FGs.

Second round picks are expected to win games for you :v:

• Locked thread