Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slick
Jun 6, 2003
Man I hope your around to post some more, possibly in your unique story writing fashion. All that popped into my head is 'call 911' and ask why is SPD bothering you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's 8pm in Seattle in October, so it's dark, cold, getting windier, and the Gremlin and I are working on our respective AMCS and helping the rest of the neighborhood appreciate the appropriateness of the speakers we have set up playing Dopesmoker.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also on day 4 or 5 of installing a 5 minute assembled rebuilt loving carburetor and I'm realising despite its mechanical simplicity compared to any othere carb I've done gently caress this loving piece of loving flaming poo poo and I loving hate it so much

Took it off for the uncounted time to replace the throttle butterfly section from the rebuilt with the original AMX unit because I didn't think to check throttle shaft play and the rebuild was loving garbage.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I decided a gentleman of proper upbringing, good taste, and impeccable class such as myself deserved, nay, demanded, his own personal heraldry.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Phineas Gage'd!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Frenulum Gauged!

Corrected for accuracy :colbert:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Yo 14, I'm the Swedish guy who promised to check out an old Civic in the scrap yard for you a couple of months ago, apparently it's in some sort of purgatory zone because the police wants to check it out or something. I got yelled at for looking at the cars in that area by the wrecker people. I just wanted you to know I didn't forget about you.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

That seems strangely ... appropriate for the ongoing storyline that is 14's life.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I wish the scrapyard could sell you cars here because that tiny Honda looks so sad and I think it needs a home (and new sheet metal).

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cached Money posted:

apparently it's in some sort of purgatory zone because the police wants to check it out or something

The cops are probably waiting to see who's interested it, seems like solid detective work.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seems we have a suspect already too :cop:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

14 INCH INTERNATIONAL FUGITIVE

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
IF YOU LIKE TO GAMBLE I TELL YOU I'M YOUR MAN
YOU WIN SOME LOSE SOME IT'S ALL THE SAME TO ME
THE PLEASURE IS IN PAIN
IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHAT YOU SAY
I DON'T SHARE YOUR GREED, THE ONLY CARD I NEED
SAYS FOURTEEN INCH

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Civic beat the Camaro for the Adventure Roadtrip to a Field, to Die of Gangrene (or: ARFDoG).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I probably shoulfn't have to say this, but don't carry anything remotely illegal in that car. It is still rolling PC (slightly less than the camaro) and the states in between have somewhat less enlightened views toward drugs.
Make sure any scripts stay in labelled bottles too.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CRAPVAN vs. CIVIC

WHO WILL BREAKDOWN FIRST? PLACE YER BETS!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I would have to bet on the van since 14 has replaced almost every critical part in the Civic, he should be able to drive it around the world by now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Civic beat the Camaro for the Adventure Roadtrip to a Field, to Die of Deeznutsentery

Dude at O'Reilly said hey you grabbed the full strength do you want me to go grab the premix and I said sir I intend on taking my 1975 Civic into some loving weather.

Along for the ride is a 180* thermostat to put in to replace either the 165 unit I put in when I had the bad radiator or maybe even nothing because it runs cold as poo poo now.

I am Jack's seething bile duct

Getting both axles, oil pan gasket, inner and outer tie rods, an alignment after, right front caliper replacement, new gearbox and engine oil, new coolant, and some carb tuning.

nm posted:

I probably shoulfn't have to say this, but don't carry anything remotely illegal in that car. It is still rolling PC (slightly less than the camaro) and the states in between have somewhat less enlightened views toward drugs.
Make sure any scripts stay in labelled bottles too.

When I was riding dirty it was a felony no matter how you cut it :cop:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Guess California is more enlightened because simple possession (except ghb because rape) of everything here is a misdo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

nm posted:

Guess California is more enlightened because simple possession (except ghb because rape) of everything here is a misdo.

Gotta keep taxes down somehow.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dude at O'Reilly said hey you grabbed the full strength do you want me to go grab the premix and I said sir I intend on taking my 1975 Civic into some loving weather.

I hate that poo poo. OH sure, yeah, let me pay the same price for half as much antifreeze and $0.40 worth of distilled water. Maybe if you're a clueless person, in a big hurry, or or just need a little bit but if you're buying a new thermostat along with it it's safe to say you're gonna be replacing most if not all of the coolant.

On second thought, I suppose it is possible that Civic's total capacity is a gallon hahah.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I have a dumb question: why rotella?

At least when I was the parts guy I recommended fs antifreeze when people replaced thermostats and radiators.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

QuarkMartial posted:

I have a dumb question: why rotella?

At least when I was the parts guy I recommended fs antifreeze when people replaced thermostats and radiators.

Rotella T is really popular among owners of cars build before leaded gasoline. I used it in the Studebaker too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

Rotella T is really popular among owners of cars build before leaded gasoline.

Look man Im planning on getting around to the nitromethane

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aka LOOK METH INJECTION IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE GET OFF MY NUTS BECAUSE YOU SURE AS poo poo AINT ON MY BUMPER

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Allegedly Rotella used to have higher zinc content for those of us with flat tappets. I think the amount has reduced in recent years, but it's also a generally really good oil for cheap. Between $13-17/bottle, and it comes in weights at both extremes of the scale (for in-store purchases). I buy 20/50 for my bus, 10-30 for the beetle, and 5-30 for the CRV, all for less than $50. And since it's "for diesel" engines, I think there's supposed to be less breakdown with heat, but I haven't read any hard evidence for that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For the price it was O'Reilly black jug or T5, soooooo

Lol

Engine is shockingly good looking inside. Some minor scoring on the cylinder wall section I could see but it's loving 41 years old.

Also yes full aluminum block and head. Go Honda.

Nearly there.

Wait.

It's Fel-Pro too, and definitely from the 1200 kit :eng99:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 11, 2016

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Aka LOOK METH INJECTION IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE GET OFF MY NUTS BECAUSE YOU SURE AS poo poo AINT ON MY BUMPER

Just blow a tootskie into the air cleaner for added HP.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Fffffffffffff

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Does this mean the new axle is too long? Just hit it with a grinder a bit, can't hurt

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Axle on the wrong side?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Axle on the wrong side?

Unlikely.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It needed the cross member put back in.

Getting there.

ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC KEEP MUZZLED

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It should say gently caress you for your patience.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I didn't realize it has disc brakes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For scale that's a 32mm axle nut and a 4x120mm lug spacing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
8.89" disc. My bus has 10.7, but smaller pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You really don't need much for that car. I figured it came with drums.

• Locked thread