Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I recently had ruin under Hark go into a unit of vengers outside of my control area. Smacked one down and repositioned into the others, and used their souls for focus since he was out of control. Pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

His activation ends after he repositions, unless you mean you finished off the vengers on a subsequent turn?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

mp5 posted:

His activation ends after he repositions, unless you mean you finished off the vengers on a subsequent turn?

Yes, you get souls which become focus next turn which means he's not as reliant on control area.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Business Gorillas posted:

so for this list, i'm stuck on the second warjack between a Kodiak (which is apparently p good with Irusk's feat) with a Rocketeer on the Winter Guard or Ruin. which one would be better to try out?*

* - i'm playing against Cryx so i know ruin will poo poo on him, but i'm not sure how ruin works against non-cryx armies

Ruin is always good, but personally under Irusk2 I would want a bombard, so the choice there would be a Destroyer. Put fire for effect on it, shoot, activate irusk2, cast fire for effect on a winter guard, then CRA with them. Next turn to do the opposite. You'll just be pounding enemy dudes with brutal ownage. Remember that the fire for effect shot from the destroyer boosts all it's blast damage, too!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

For_Great_Justice posted:

To the above interaction of sentinels and hero's tradgedy if you vengeance, get KD you cannot stand up later because they were KD that turn.

Okay, that's what I was missing. not sure it would have won him the game, but it could have made things closer for him. He has a bad habit of giving up so we just called the game when I triple scored in Incursion and went up 3-0 on scenario. Having the Kreils and Sentinels in a stalemate would have only made it 2-0 and I think he could have maybe ground the game out.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ruin is always good, but personally under Irusk2 I would want a bombard, so the choice there would be a Destroyer. Put fire for effect on it, shoot, activate irusk2, cast fire for effect on a winter guard, then CRA with them. Next turn to do the opposite. You'll just be pounding enemy dudes with brutal ownage. Remember that the fire for effect shot from the destroyer boosts all it's blast damage, too!

Mortar is way better for that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

Mortar is way better for that.

Can't spend warjack points on a mortar, though, can you?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Thanks for the thoughts on the Fenns guys. I'll probably wait for the book to drop before I pick anything up.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Can't spend warjack points on a mortar, though, can you?

Better to spend 5 points on a mortar and 16 wjp on anything else.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

Better to spend 5 points on a mortar and 16 wjp on anything else.

His specific question was what to pair in a 15 point list where he is already using 13 points on wgrc.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Then I'd go with 6 riflemen, mortar, juggernaut, ruin. In a 15 point game the boosted pow 10 blast damage will do horrible things, more than 4 extra rifles will. And I think the little bit of extra threat and mat are worth getting ruin. He probably won't get much souls in a 15 point but that sacred ward is huge in some matchups. Gaining pathfinder on the feat is way more relevant for a melee jack than a destroyer also, and the mortar out threats the destroyer which lets it leverage the feats LOS more.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

im new and i dont have a mortar :ohdear: here's what i have:

kozlov
scorscha
1 war pupper
2 juggernaughts
1 ruin
1 destroyer
10 winter men

should i look at getting a mortar as i expand to 25 points? i was planning on getting a field gun, comrade joe, and a war pupper

edit: wanted to try irusk2 before buying him

ps: i'm wanting to do a theme list of winter guard with warjack backup since i'm hoping for a cool theme list to come out

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 11, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Destroyer works then. But yeah if you get irusk2 then a mortar is key. Make sure you drop fire for effect if you put the destroyer into melee. At mat7 pow 17 it's still a threat in melee, especially to lights.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Supreme Kommandant Irusk - WJ: +27
- Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4

Winter Guard Mortar Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 5
Winter Guard Rifle Corps - Leader & 5 Grunts: 8
- Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
- Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 4

At 25pt games that field gun is gonna be a big kick in the teeth.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Ask your buddy to let you proxy before you buy because wardollies are expensive.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Not mine. Stole from Facebook.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rydiafan posted:

This is amazing.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

rydiafan posted:

"They say two heads are better than one! I disagree!"

"It's torture! Kill us! Before they put the bear on and we have to suffer even worse!"

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Welp that owns

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Hahaha, amazing

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
How well does Zaadesh run reptile hounds? Was thinking having him with mak2 with Storm Rager would make for a really potent super solo. The two hounds can generate enough fury for him, they can take a hit or two for sac pawn or transfers, and with tag team can do some damage in their own right.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think I may stop playing any games against hordes players until January, I'm just so loving sick of seeing wrongeye and snapjaw and their utterly bullshit rules. They are just miserable to play against. They pretty much singlehandedly took a game that was already an uphill battle to being so completely one sided to where I might as well have not bothered taking turns.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

How well does Zaadesh run reptile hounds? Was thinking having him with mak2 with Storm Rager would make for a really potent super solo. The two hounds can generate enough fury for him, they can take a hit or two for sac pawn or transfers, and with tag team can do some damage in their own right.

Zaadesh runs pretty much everything well. He is skorne's best warlock.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

I think I may stop playing any games against hordes players until January, I'm just so loving sick of seeing wrongeye and snapjaw and their utterly bullshit rules. They are just miserable to play against. They pretty much singlehandedly took a game that was already an uphill battle to being so completely one sided to where I might as well have not bothered taking turns.

My buddy had a Calandra vs Venethrax game in the bag. Then he flubbed and forgot to recast star crossed. Turns out Cryx really likes it when they can hit!

As for me, I learned that the best four words when playing against Wurmwood are "I forgot to feat"

To be fair I did give him a d6 roll and on 5 or 6 the feat would have been applied. His 4 said that Caine 2 made himself a nice new chair. :black101:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Khisanth Magus posted:

honestly I'm getting to the same point. They're just such unfun models to be again. I've played wargames forever, I've played a poo poo ton of GW games and all, I'm very familiar with broken/overpowered/totally mismatched enemy armies and all, but Wrong Eye and Snapjaw are the unfun kind of busted for their cost where near any army that can use them should be using them and they just turn any game they're in into a slog.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Star-Crossed only does anything if you have a decent def to begin with. So it doesn't do a lot for skorne. Cyclops and praetorian spam I guess?

I don't remember Trolls being that high def either but one of our troll players quit a year ago and the other switched to mostly playing circle and khador, so I haven't dealt with it. Only times I've fought them are vs Circle and it made me want to go find someone else to play with.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Star-crossed is the top of my list of spells that need to be loving erased from history.

It's the worst kind of rule where it's not fun to play against, very few ways of stopping it and it makes the game take longer.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Playing ret I have one way to deal with them: discordia. Get unlucky and miss that one spray? Get hosed. Don't bring disco in a list? I'm hosed.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Playing ret I have one way to deal with them: discordia. Get unlucky and miss that one spray? Get hosed. Don't bring disco in a list? I'm hosed.

We've gained the Lys Healer too, since Submerge is an animus she can make them pop out of the ground just fine.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

chutche2 posted:

How well does Zaadesh run reptile hounds?

He runs reps ok but I'd suggest 2 or 3 razor worms with him now. Long leash let's zaa stay in a safe place.

I don't mind Calandra Star Crossed since its it's her thing. But it should be her unique spell imo.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

It's not necessarily star crossed that's the problem. Leave star crossed, get rid of submerge and give them something else. Hell, even stealth would be easier to deal with.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

chutche2 posted:

Star-Crossed only does anything if you have a decent def to begin with. So it doesn't do a lot for skorne. Cyclops and praetorian spam I guess?

I don't remember Trolls being that high def either but one of our troll players quit a year ago and the other switched to mostly playing circle and khador, so I haven't dealt with it. Only times I've fought them are vs Circle and it made me want to go find someone else to play with.

Yeah for the most part Skorne cant leverage wrong eye as much unless of course... You do cyclops brute spam.

Still I just ordered WE&S because they are pretty good with actual minions, and well if it's an arms race I might as well join it. Not like everyone I play doesn't have Lanissa in their lists as well.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

fnordcircle posted:

Star-crossed is the top of my list of spells that need to be loving erased from history.

It's the worst kind of rule where it's not fun to play against, very few ways of stopping it and it makes the game take longer.

I just bought Wrongeye and Snapjaw for my Circle lists because I know how much it makes me go on tilt against Calandra. I am a bad person.

I think I'm gonna run

Kaya 2
Laris
Wild Argus
Feral Warpwolf
Ghetorix
Warpwolf Stalker
Lanyssa Ryssyl
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Sentry Stone
Sentry Stone

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wrongeye and Snapjaw would be fine if Submerge still cost 2, because then he'd have to choose between the two spells.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Not really, at least not in circle. Star-crossed 14s and in some cases 16s on heavy targets seems to be something they overlooked.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Ashen veil satixis raiders under whipping winds, mortal fear, and star crossed are kind of a thing.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 12, 2016

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Can WE have both on him? Both count as spells isn't one going to cancel and override the other? I could just have no idea and be terrible at this game.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

counterspin posted:

Not really, at least not in circle. Star-crossed 14s and in some cases 16s on heavy targets seems to be something they overlooked.

But without submerge you just kill Wringeye and it goes away.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

For_Great_Justice posted:

Can WE have both on him? Both count as spells isn't one going to cancel and override the other? I could just have no idea and be terrible at this game.

You can have as many non-upkeep different names spells (that have different names effects)on a single model as a you want.

You can only have one animi on a model at a time.

You can only have one friendly and negative upkeep spell on a model.

Since Submerge is Snapjaws' animus and Star Crossed is a spell on Wrong Eye's card, casting both of them is completely legal.

Just douchey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I used to love how good WE&SJ are in Mk3 because Wrong Eye is my favorite PP model. But they really need to take a second look at them.

This change of heart is in no way related to me switching from Circle to Ret.