Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

EmmyOk posted:

They had better because I do not have it! Also I bought the RoI OST and it came with a free redemption for an emblem and I went through all the steps and was told it'd be waiting for me with the vendor but it doesn't seem to be. Has anyone had this problem?

if it redeemed correctly it'll show up eventually, you might have to wait a bit or log out and back in

they also do mean the emblem kiosk, not the old lady who sells shaders and emblems, I dunno if you were checking her out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

if it redeemed correctly it'll show up eventually, you might have to wait a bit or log out and back in

they also do mean the emblem kiosk, not the old lady who sells shaders and emblems, I dunno if you were checking her out

I think I checked both but easily could have missed it in the kiosk! Thanks, my pal. Also thanks fishbulb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are there any ghosts or clusters in the Iron Banner area of the temple?

Yes, actually. There's one way the hell down the mountain, just beyond the point where you dive out of the cable car during the intro mission (if you haven't already gotten it while playing that).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how do i get the quest to get thorn?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Awesome! posted:

Iron Lord bounties from Shiro, it is random.

edit: google is saying any bounty can give you the quest

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Awesome! posted:

randomly from turning in Shiro's weekly bounties.

maybe you could get it from other bounties? seems to be only weekly ones though, like Shaxx's and Efrideets, if Shiro isn't the only source

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gross

any other special quests randomly come from bounties?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Not any more

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Iron banner ends tomorrow night or tonight?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Darth Windu posted:

Iron banner ends tomorrow night or tonight?

tomorrow morning at 2AM Pacific

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Got a Clever Dragon with smallbore/braced frame, quickdraw, counterbalance. It's pretty nasty.

What are the good IB scopes?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Pretty sure there are only the 3 scopes

The first two seem good. The second one is weird looking but I like it. The first one is a traditional red dot so that's popular.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Word is that the middle scope produces a vertical recoil pattern.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

9 chances accross 3 chars and no dragon. I got the non adept perdition in trials this week so I got my pulse for the one or two games I'll use it was this supremacy trash is over. Adept wouldve been nice but being super hungover made it harder to be on point.

Also lol at anyone who thinks shotgunning is hard. Running a voidwalker for the first time in a year in pvp i still opened a bunch of games with 10 kill streaks giving folks the sauce and I dont even have a good matador, pc+1, or conspiracy. I was piggybacking off lower ranked match making though.

Im willing to bet the trials map is the trash inside building one on mars this week which might be a little better for sniping. Hope so, gettin tired of running a shotgun.

Anyone tried out the ib sniper I got a perfect roll drop from a rank 5 package and havent tried it yet?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I got the worst possible clever dragon I'm pretty sure. Hammer forged, lightweight, unflinching.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I've been having fun with the accel coils/rangefinder thesan. Easy to make all beams hit even on moving targets. I've one shorted a bunch of people running perpendicular to me. Nothing like seeing some nerd sliding toward you, thinking they are getting an easy shotgun kill then their corpse floats away in purple smoke

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/P7g6QoZ.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

I got the worst possible clever dragon I'm pretty sure. Hammer forged, lightweight, unflinching.

smallbore, lightweight/appended magazine, headseeker/outlaw

it's bad

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

got a parthian shot with braced frame from a vanguard package, and wow this thing is a goddamn laser beam

has anyone used the vendor roll with perfect balance/headseeker because goddamn I think right now a bf/headseeker roll might be my white whale. get it into 5 headshots and a body shot territory, get the fast ttk, nice, tight

I think it'll need braced frame though to counteract the recoil pull, I don't think perfect balance will be enough

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have been accused of lag switching in TRIALS lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If only I had any ability or interest in sniping

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
p sure the 20/20 AMR is pure garbo no matter the perks

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

If only I had any ability or interest in sniping

that gun's base stats are so garbage not even the best loving roll imaginable can save it from garbage tier, don't worry

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Too low impact? Okay good to know.

Is unbent tree with pb, cb good? Also has red dot, and a blah middle perk

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
just need clarification on something: I know you can reroll raid armor but does rerolling change the stat bonuses? Like int/str to int/dis

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

just need clarification on something: I know you can reroll raid armor but does rerolling change the stat bonuses? Like int/str to int/dis

Yes

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

yes, but it won't change the % roll, as far as I know

like if its 50/54 int/disc it'll change to 50/54 disc/str but it won't change to 55/53 or whatever, so you have to keep raiding to hunt the t12 capable gear

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Don't hunt NM raid gear, only the HM spliced poo poo takes ornaments.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Too low impact? Okay good to know.

Is unbent tree with pb, cb good? Also has red dot, and a blah middle perk

It wont 2 shot max armor.

Speaking of bad rolls. Got my first longbow last night. It has shortgaze other 3 perks

Grenadier

Perfect balance
Injection mould
Casket mag

Outlaw

Gg rng gg.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This feels so weird to be absolutely clear of any in progress quests and bounties.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don't hunt NM raid gear, only the HM spliced poo poo takes ornaments.

I feel like I should just save all my Cache keys for HM instead of using any of them on NM.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ularg posted:

This feels so weird to be absolutely clear of any in progress quests and bounties.

I feel like I should just save all my Cache keys for HM instead of using any of them on NM.

Holy moly, Cryptarch lvl 205??

I've been playing Destiny since day 1 and I've only ever done one single raid run.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think im like cryptarch 20 lol

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Holy moly, Cryptarch lvl 205??

I've been playing Destiny since day 1 and I've only ever done one single raid run.

"PLAY FOREVER, GUARDIAN!" - Shaxx... probably.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

deadwing posted:

got a parthian shot with braced frame from a vanguard package, and wow this thing is a goddamn laser beam

has anyone used the vendor roll with perfect balance/headseeker because goddamn I think right now a bf/headseeker roll might be my white whale. get it into 5 headshots and a body shot territory, get the fast ttk, nice, tight

I think it'll need braced frame though to counteract the recoil pull, I don't think perfect balance will be enough

Yeah the recoil is still annoying with the vendor one but it's nice, got second or first in all my games tonight and I'm a bad

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Stellar political commentary

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Trespasser is so drat fun in pvp. Getting that full burst on a second target results in some shockingly fast double kills.

You have to know the range really well though, or you'll get punked by shotguns, and I feel like it suffers even more than normal sidearms in the mag department.

That aside though, it is beastly if you are careful about where you use it, and pairs extremely well with a scout or pulse.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Field report:

I got the Outbreak Prime weapon.

???untested???: Killing Aksis
Extremely Very Good: Killing these spiders you find in assaults
Good: Killing boss
Average: Killing trash

The thing that is hilarious is killing spiders with it. You see a lot of yellow and white numbers flow so quick from the spider legs that is hard to have a idea how much damage is getting.

Handling: suffer somewhat from the "old IBM keyboard" syndrome. It feel mechanical, the clack clack clack is a bit too noticeable, has if the device uses the technology a old mechanical typewriter.

Crucicble: ???untested???.

Seems to be a big burly weapon that is very effective on some scenarios, average / good in most others. It will not snipe for you, and it will not end captain has fast a shotgun or fusion rifle. And may not replace a good scout, if you are into that, and will not replace a imago pistol, if you are into t hat, but is 65% better at being a general weapon than Touch of Malice. ToM was a raid only weapon (bar some cheese) and this one you can use everywhere.

Final score:
7/10

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Ularg posted:

"PLAY FOREVER, GUARDIAN!" - Shaxx... probably.

Grand total of rank 34 in crucible :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Grand total of rank 34 in crucible :cmon:

I've made no claim I was good at Crucible. I'm incredibly happy that I can get the Y1 crucible weapons now like Lord High Fixer because I think I ended Year 1 Destiny at rank 4-5 Crucible.

• Locked thread