Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

slothrop posted:

gently caress today. Get out to my car after a 10 hour shift, hmm that tyre looks a little low. All the petrol stations are are on the wrong side of the highway of course. Nevermind, drive to the closest one, discover their air is out-of-order. Drive further. Check tyre. 13psi. It dropped 4psi in the time it took me to top the others off. Guess I'm changing a tyre tomorrow before work. Get home, discover my growler has spilled beer over the rear footwell ensuring my car will smell like loving stale beer for the next week. Eat a big old bag of dicks Monday.

This post has any English readers sniggering like when you guys talk about having a worn out tranny in your car.

I remember being designated driver for a trip to the pub many years ago where one of my mates pulled a dodgy lass and I think a growler leaked in the back of my car as I drove them home that night. Its never a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Tomarse posted:

This post has any English readers sniggering like when you guys talk about having a worn out tranny in your car.

I remember being designated driver for a trip to the pub many years ago where one of my mates pulled a dodgy lass and I think a growler leaked in the back of my car as I drove them home that night. Its never a good thing.

See the funny thing is I'm a Kiwi. I am fully aware of the connotation, it's just that's what a ~2lt bottle of tap beer is called! I've worked in pubs my whole adult life so I may have run into one or two British people in my time :rolleyes:

slothrop fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 10, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mondays am i right

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

funny Star Wars parody posted:

mondays am i right

Just realised what's missing in my life that makes me so bitchy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I keep the house cold at night because I love blankets, and rascal decided he wanted some blankets and to be my teddy bear and cuddle with me all night and it was so nice and warm

And incredibly hard to get out of bed

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are you and your pup having relationship issues? :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

Are you and your pup having relationship issues? :ohdear:

he usually sleeps as close to my wife as possible and when she works (she's a midnight nurse) he waits at the door for her and leaves me to sleep alone lol

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Is this Micromancer? Or his long lost brother?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is that gun-guitar-underwear, bed greasehair guy?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Pham Nuwen posted:

Looks like an Australian doppelganger.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I made this because Im bored at work. Wish I had some better tools.

John Wick 2 gonna be good.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Watching Keanu bust heads and shoot baddies again is gonna be so gooooood.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

scuz posted:

Watching Keanu bust heads and shoot baddies again is gonna be so gooooood.
The second half of JW1 was mediocre (everything after the nightclub fight), but the first half more than made up for it. And tons of franchise opportunity.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

I made this because Im bored at work. Wish I had some better tools.

John Wick 2 gonna be good.

Yeah boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Guess who's attempted rust belt suspension work without a complete set of impact sockets, a wimpy air compressor, and no angle grinder.

Its me. Time to invest in some tools, I guess.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Guess who's attempted rust belt suspension work without a complete set of impact sockets, a wimpy air compressor, and no angle grinder.

Its me. Time to invest in some tools, I guess.
Boy oh boy have I been there. After acquiring the appropriate tools, what used to take twenty minutes now takes 5 seconds (strut spring compressors by hand) and what had been a 100% pain in the rear end (removing strut mounting nuts) is giggle-inducing.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That reminds me, my brother had a corroded return gas line in his cadillac and tried to fix it himself this weekend and got nowhere. Now it leaks worse than it did before. Some things you shouldn't attempt if you haven't done them before.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

scuz posted:

Boy oh boy have I been there. After acquiring the appropriate tools, what used to take twenty minutes now takes 5 seconds (strut spring compressors by hand) and what had been a 100% pain in the rear end (removing strut mounting nuts) is giggle-inducing.

Fortunately I'm just doing bushings, ball joints, sway bar links, and tie rod ends, so nothing involving the struts. Unfortunately rust exists.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Isn't this someone on these forums?

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Fortunately I'm just doing bushings, ball joints, sway bar links, and tie rod ends, so nothing involving the struts. Unfortunately rust exists.
Yep, impact guns. Oh yeah. So good. If you don't have an air compressor, just get a battery-operated one.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Naw not nearly enough hair.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
He's gotten a haircut. :ssh:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Is that gun-guitar-underwear, bed greasehair guy?

nope i'm an idiot, not scuz's post

No idea if the guy in the meme is actually him, but yes you're all thinking of Micromancer.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 10, 2016

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 207 days!)

IOwnCalculus posted:

No idea if the guy in the meme is actually him, but yes you're all thinking of Micromancer.

I'm the awkwardly placed turtle picture.

If that M3 guy is MM, he's lost a hell of a lot of weight and become vaguely less pasty-white Caucasian.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
I dont think micromancer has a tonner, I don't even know if there are any in the US.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

I'm the awkwardly placed turtle picture.

If that M3 guy is MM, he's lost a hell of a lot of weight and become vaguely less pasty-white Caucasian.

Stupid me for not clicking on the link :downs:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bend posted:

I dont think micromancer has a tonner, I don't even know if there are any in the US.

And I doubt he has a VB stubby either. This guy is probably in Victoria, given it's VB.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Also, it's a different person.

That's the biggest clue to me.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The cinnamon rolls weren't great, but that didn't stop me eating half of them and getting slightly sick because of how much butter was in them.

The curry my wife started this morning and we had for tea was intoxicatingly nice though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

e: Wrong thread - dammit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 11, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Dropped off the dogs, drove to where the customer site is and checked into my hotel. Send a text to coworker to see when we head to site tomorrow morning. He's in the UK, this install got pushed back and I didn't get the memo.

Oh well comfortable hotel with a great breakfast then head back tomorrow. lovely part is I have a flight out of here for a race Thursday morning :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anyone watched Competition Ready? Is it any good? A detailer friend of mine filmed so stuff for their second season and I was curious if it was well regareded.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

This 2016 Jetta might be the best rental car I've driven. 1.8 TSI mated to the DSG is perfect for the car, despite the weird throttle tip-in. Its also really quiet and gets great mileage.

Too bad its a Volkswagen.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Friend has a 2015 he bought new, with the tech and engine package, new for something like $11,200. He waited for three days after the VW diesel scandal hit it big, and told them he had exactly that much money. Salesman must have had to make quota or something, because he told them that he had that much, then walked when they said no. I was there when they called him back two days later accepting that price. It's not a diesel, but dealerships bit it hard for like two months.

I've driven it, and it's a fun car. Manual, not DSG, but it's okay. I think the DSG would make it super fun. Unfortunately, it's the most boring color: VW Dark Brown. Also it'll probably explode worse than a Note 7 within three years.

Also I put this in my thread, but I'm super happy about adding the third brake light.

Not shown, I've added three always-on dash cams, facing rearwards, sides, and inside. Five dash cams total, $35 Amazon jobbies that don't draw too much power.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 11, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Not shown, I've added three always-on dash cams, facing rearwards, sides, and inside. Five dash cams total, $35 Amazon jobbies that don't draw too much power.

Panoptivan

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

If/When I move out and have only one piece of cooking equipment, it's going to be my rice cooker* slow cooker. Those cinnamon buns look delicious, if uneven. I don't think the middle is raw, instead it looks like the outside is a little crunchy, but that's it. Yes, baking is better, but college student / poor dude: yeah, I can get behind it.

*a rice cooker is just a fancy, uninsulated slow cooker with a "fast" setting, and it's what I have. I use my rice cooker as a slow cooker, it's just less efficient.

Toaster ovens cost fifteen bucks.

No excuses.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

For 2½ years of living in a tiny one-room apartment, I cooked all my food on two hotplates with barely adequate ventilation, and a toaster oven I had gotten for 50dkk (~$7.50) at a thrift store. I baked cakes and bread and all kinds of stuff, it's not like I was on the student-standard Spag Bol Diet.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Do you have a thing for Austins? Or would you like to develop one? In either case, you can now bid on an entire museum's worth of Austins - "about 50 in total." Owner doesn't expect to see much more than USD300k so go hog wild! There's even an Austin Gipsy which looks like a retarded Landy!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

KozmoNaut posted:

For 2½ years of living in a tiny one-room apartment, I cooked all my food on two hotplates with barely adequate ventilation, and a toaster oven I had gotten for 50dkk (~$7.50) at a thrift store. I baked cakes and bread and all kinds of stuff, it's not like I was on the student-standard Spag Bol Diet.

I have made quiches in a toaster oven, it actually is almost perfectly sized.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Previa_fun posted:

This 2016 Jetta might be the best rental car I've driven. 1.8 TSI mated to the DSG is perfect for the car, despite the weird throttle tip-in. Its also really quiet and gets great mileage.
Too bad its a Volkswagen.
Had a 2014? VW Corrado rental for a weekend with the 1.8 TSI and a 6-speed. Same strange throttle tip-in but other than that there was nothing I didn't like about the car and would have seriously thought about buying one if they were available in the US. Best rental I've had by far other than prepped race car rentals

So do I do it the right way and pull the whole lower timing cover to remove the oil pump or do I just cut the pump chain and see if I can remove all the bolts with wrenches? 2002 F20, need to pull the pump for the dry sump pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Does that chain run anything else? If no, I'd just cut the chain (if you can do so without filling the engine with metal dust... heavy wire cutters?) and move on with your life.

• Locked thread