Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This game is like pieces of MGS4 (gameplay and cutscenes densely intercut) padded out with the latter half of Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (tons of grind).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
As a side note, when the game ends you can continue so you can choose the alternate ending(s) without having to play through the game again. It saves just before you make the final choice. You can also play through the side story character missions with Vito and the others and do all the collection poo poo if you want.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Utnayan posted:

Just finished. Holy poo poo watch through the credits.

Fantastic story. One of the best told in games. Fantastic voice acting. Great character building. Fantastic music. And the end missions in each story arc / district were very fun to play through. Execution was horrible, bugs were plentiful, and the PC version is still a train wreck. Too many filler missions doing the same thing over and over and needed variation in the mission structure during those times leading up to the final mission, of which all were very good. Just needed a lot more of them.

But the story (especially the last scene after the credits) made up for the monotony.

yeah thats whats disappointing. if it wernt for the tech problems and the repetition(i dont mind the repetition myself but some doesnt work that well) it would be a game of the year for a decent amount of people. It sucks about the PC glitch.

so i have finally gotten all the dudes and i am planning on how to divide it out. Vito will get a good amount because i liked him from 2, I am probably gonna give a decent chunk to cassandra and idk with burke. how should i do it?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

Just finished. Holy poo poo watch through the credits.

Fantastic story. One of the best told in games. Fantastic voice acting. Great character building. Fantastic music. And the end missions in each story arc / district were very fun to play through. Execution was horrible, bugs were plentiful, and the PC version is still a train wreck. Too many filler missions doing the same thing over and over and needed variation in the mission structure during those times leading up to the final mission, of which all were very good. Just needed a lot more of them.

But the story (especially the last scene after the credits) made up for the monotony.

Glad the story continues to be great to the end. The trickle drip of story stuff is keeping me going.

Did you try to do any loyalty missions/is there a worthwhile payoff? I'm seeing a giant amount of games + PSVR arriving in the near future and wondering if I should just blow through it.

I just had the "sit down," how far am I from finishing?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Glad the story continues to be great to the end. The trickle drip of story stuff is keeping me going.

Did you try to do any loyalty missions/is there a worthwhile payoff? I'm seeing a giant amount of games + PSVR arriving in the near future and wondering if I should just blow through it.

Well there are a sit down after each major story killing, if that's what you're referring to?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BigglesSWE posted:

Well there are a sit down after each major story killing, if that's what you're referring to?

No I'm referring to an actual mission/cut scene where you call a sitdown with your three buddies in some abandoned mansion in the swamp and see Vito/Cassandra/Burke interact together for the first time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

No I'm referring to an actual mission/cut scene where you call a sitdown with your three buddies in some abandoned mansion in the swamp and see Vito/Cassandra/Burke interact together for the first time.

You ain't even started, boi.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BigglesSWE posted:

You ain't even started, boi.

Figured as much, just wondering if I am like 25% complete or closer to 50.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Figured as much, just wondering if I am like 25% complete or closer to 50.

there are 2 rackets to take over in each territory, and then 1 or 2 story missions, and then 2 more story missions at the very end of the game, so basically, your percentage complete is the number of territories owned. It's very formulaic and repetative.

i finished it. kinda dumb that they throw the n-word around, but can't say KKK. Still, the best part of the game was going to the not-KKK rally and tossing a grenade into the crowd of those fuckers, even though you're only supposed to kill the 7 ot 8 armed baddies

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Powershift posted:

there are 2 rackets to take over in each territory, and then 1 or 2 story missions, and then 2 more story missions at the very end of the game, so basically, your percentage complete is the number of territories owned. It's very formulaic and repetative.

i finished it. kinda dumb that they throw the n-word around, but can't say KKK. Still, the best part of the game was going to the not-KKK rally and tossing a grenade into the crowd of those fuckers, even though you're only supposed to kill the 7 ot 8 armed baddies

I did the same thing :dukedoge:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Kontradaz posted:

I did the same thing :dukedoge:

Me too. Fuuuuuuuck ME did that feel good. :coolfish:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Someone spoil this for me with a yes or no please.

Did Joe survive 2 then?

or rather

Does Joe even matter to 3?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

You have a long way to go lol. :) all districts. If you blow through it (get Vito on your side and you can call in his hit team which do tremendous amounts of damage) or should take you about 8 hours. I have done a few of the loyalty missions for Vito, but since I can go back I will do all of them. I was hoping to see if anything happened to Joe.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Powershift posted:

Did you watch the cut scene after the first half of the credits? I think CIA dude was using Lincoln all along to get to sal so he could gather evidence against the people that played a role in the JFK assassination

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Game's running great for me with everything maxed except anti-aliasing. Playing at 1080 on an i7-4770k @ 4.3, 16 gigs RAM, and a GTX 780, game is installed to an SSD.

Enjoying my time with it so far. It looks great and the story is fantastically produced. Combat is solid.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

holy poo poo the credit stinger. Oh my god John donavon is the loving greatest

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

You have a long way to go lol. :) all districts. If you blow through it (get Vito on your side and you can call in his hit team which do tremendous amounts of damage) or should take you about 8 hours. I have done a few of the loyalty missions for Vito, but since I can go back I will do all of them. I was hoping to see if anything happened to Joe.

I've had the hit squad for a while, feels like a cheat code. So weird how they send you on all these missions that are either over in a second or can be completed by ai.

Getting Rise of the Tomb Raider tomorrow (significant preorder discount) and a bunch of PSVR stuff on Thursday, then BF1 and TF2 the next week... And I was still enjoying Destiny and RS Siege... This time of year is annoying/fun.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Roobanguy posted:

Yeah I drat near poo poo my pants. So awesome.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I overclocked my CPU from 3.5Ghz to 4.1Ghz. I gained 5-10 FPS. Super lame. For all the things I dislike about this game, there are some cool details. I was in a neighborhood at night and knocked over a box of glass bottles and a dog barked in the distance. I drove through a tunnel and the radio got all crappy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

IGN finally got their review out. Similar to the goon consensus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11sOrt_FXc

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

I've had the hit squad for a while, feels like a cheat code. So weird how they send you on all these missions that are either over in a second or can be completed by ai.

Getting Rise of the Tomb Raider tomorrow (significant preorder discount) and a bunch of PSVR stuff on Thursday, then BF1 and TF2 the next week... And I was still enjoying Destiny and RS Siege... This time of year is annoying/fun.

How you gonna get a significant preorder discount on a game that came out like a year ago? Man, gaming other than Mafia 3 has been dry AF this month and doesn't seem to be getting better soon. It's the month of multiplayer shooters, which I dislike.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

IGN finally got their review out. Similar to the goon consensus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11sOrt_FXc

Where's the witch hunt to ask IGN to get real jobs and stop complaining.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kontradaz posted:

Where's the witch hunt to ask IGN to get real jobs and stop complaining.

because its a fair review. personally i would give it an 8 but thats just me.

Roobanguy posted:

yeah i love donavan. i like that Lincoln and him seem to be genuine friends or at least genuinely like each other.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Turns out you can kick doors open by meeleeing them.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

This game crashes hard. Just blinks back to desktop. No error message or anything. What a loving doofy port.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

What CPU do you have ?

Was reading steam forum earlier and saw this:

quote:

Thank you for contacting 2K Support, and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to play Mafia III as the game is crashing upon start-up. I want to genuinely apologize that it was not listed in advance that you could not run the game if you have a Phenom 2 processor and that SSE 4.1 is not supported.
Sounds like the dev is working on a solution, however.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

Qmass posted:

What CPU do you have ?

Was reading steam forum earlier and saw this:
Sounds like the dev is working on a solution, however.

It's like when you know you hosed up and are trying to fix it up quick and reaaaaaly hope nobody notices - but then they do and you're like "Ooops, gotta tell the truth now" #2k

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
I'm sure whoever is rocking a phenom II also has some garbage like a 4670, too. I'm not upset that 2k didn't try to get the game to run on an abacus. The random CTD's, though? Go ahead and fix that yesterday. poo poo's annoying.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

Xeremides posted:

I'm sure whoever is rocking a phenom II also has some garbage like a 4670, too. I'm not upset that 2k didn't try to get the game to run on an abacus. The random CTD's, though? Go ahead and fix that yesterday. poo poo's annoying.

I got lucky, I literally had one CTD and thats's probs because i tried plugging into tv mid game. Start to finish no other crashes.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I've honestly never had a crash, and that's despite poking around with CE's VEH debugger! The only glitch I had was the weird lights in the bayou and that's completely ignorable.

That being said the repetitive nature of the game is downright dire.

Which is a shame since the gun play is loving fantastic. Miles better than GTA.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Turns out you can kick doors open by meeleeing them.

There's some cool moments to be had with kicking doors open and hip-firing with the shotgun.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There's an achievement on Xbox, and everything else I assume, if you get a kill within 2 seconds of kicking a door in. With the rackets is it just a case of deciding if you want to keep everyone happy but have the weaker favours or sacrifice one ally to get better stuff from the others? I'll probably just try to keep everybody on board.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
holy poo poo donovan

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So is there any point in keeping money once you unlock the speed dial option to store your money?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

So is there any point in keeping money once you unlock the speed dial option to store your money?

Nope. Though if you're going to buy stuff right away it takes from the wallet first.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

holy poo poo donovan

He's so great

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Xeremides posted:

A 6870, if you please :colbert: Welp, extra glad I didn't buy this at launch then. Apparently, NMS and some other new game had the same issue, but were patched. Hope this gets that too.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Had my first crash last night. When heading to the meetup if I drive across the right bridge it crashes in a very exact location. Had it happen twice last night. Going to take the long way around and see if that'll fix it.

Remember GTA III's island loading?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Had a friend who bought it for PC

Resting CPU temp 39C, when Mafia III is started it jumps to 95C

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Had a friend who bought it for PC

Resting CPU temp 39C, when Mafia III is started it jumps to 95C

:psyduck: