Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

CrashCat posted:

It's funny because most of VR is lovely indie tech demos not sold in stores, so handing people a demo disc presumably in case they don't have internet is completely useless. If they do want anything they won't be able to buy it anyway

I believe VR worlds isn't just demos of full games. It has complete VR experiences that would be unique to the VR worlds package.

There's a lot of VR games you can buy physically, like resident evil or batman VR or battle zone or rigs or drive club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I believe VR worlds isn't just demos of full games. It has complete VR experiences that would be unique to the VR worlds package.

There's a lot of VR games you can buy physically, like resident evil or batman VR or battle zone or rigs or drive club.

VR Worlds and the demo disc are separate things.

The demo disc has actual limited demos of full to-purchase products ; 20 demos in North America, 8 in Europe. I think it even includes a demo for VR Worlds.

VR Worlds is a wholly separate thing where it's a collection of shorter experiences and party games.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pingiivi posted:

Now I'm kinda glad I didn't buy Transformers Devastation. It looks and sounds nice but goddamn the gameplay feels terrible.

Transformers Devastation has some of the best feeling gameplay in any action game ever released. It's possibly Platinum's best combat system--maybe slightly behind Bayonetta 2 and W101, but ahead of Revengeance.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
VR Worlds is Super Scope 6. (Except five...)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

VR Worlds is Super Scope 6. (Except five...)
and Playroom VR is Nintendo Land

and I'm going to safely guess that neither are as good

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

is setsuna ever gonna go on sale :(

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cart Mountain posted:

Yeah it goes on sale constantly as Chrono Trigger.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cart Mountain posted:

It's published by S-E so expect it only during their sale once a year or so

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Yeah it goes on sale constantly as Chrono Trigger.

Hey now, you mean it goes on sale as Final Fantasy X.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A bunch of PSVR/PSVR-related games are already up on the PSN for some reason, so if you really wanna get Thumper or 100ft Robot Golf or whatever now you can.

edit: Web store now has a dedicated PSVR page.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 11, 2016

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Someone please blow your money on 100ft Robot Golf and tell me if its actually good as a golf game. Cause everything its wrapped in looks super funny, but whenever I see them play or talk about the golf part it looks bad. Like they haven't actually played or enjoyed a golf game before so didn't know how to make one bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Someone please blow your money on 100ft Robot Golf and tell me if its actually good as a golf game. Cause everything its wrapped in looks super funny, but whenever I see them play or talk about the golf part it looks bad. Like they haven't actually played or enjoyed a golf game before so didn't know how to make one bad.

The one video Ive seen of the game had some developers talking over it and they admit they've never even watched or played golf, and it shows, so idk why they made a golf game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

There's two posts in the PS4 thread saying it's bad, so.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can't wait until its a PS+ game.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
If this forum has taught me anything is that there's never a shortage of people willing to buy and play the shittiest games.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

keep us updated

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

The one video Ive seen of the game had some developers talking over it and they admit they've never even watched or played golf, and it shows, so idk why they made a golf game.

It started like most great games, as a lets play in-joke.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I watched a developer stream of it and it looked like the kind of game I'd be down for throwing ten bucks at on a PS+ sale but not the $26.99 Canadian the PSN is asking.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

A bunch of PSVR/PSVR-related games are already up on the PSN for some reason, so if you really wanna get Thumper or 100ft Robot Golf or whatever now you can.

The PSVR Demo disc is also available as a free-but-39.992gig download, along with Playroom VR (also free, 2.216 gigs). If you're in Europe and intending to get PSVR at launch, bear in mind the European PSVR Demo Disc only has 8 demos while the NA disc has 20, so you might want to pick up the free download from an NA account if you have one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

I watched a developer stream of it and it looked like the kind of game I'd be down for throwing ten bucks at on a PS+ sale but not the $26.99 Canadian the PSN is asking.

Similarly I was hoping thumper would be cheaper

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can all the vr games be played without vr? Like can I play job sim in 2d?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

El Hefe posted:

If this forum has taught me anything is that there's never a shortage of people willing to buy and play the shittiest games.

I still can't believe a goon bought Solbrain, then wrote an effort post on how bad it was to boot, like gee whiz no kidding.

Doesn't even appear to be available anymore. RIP Sadbrains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pc1nzdG9Pw

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Some, but they're more the exception. 100ft Robot Golf is one of them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

univbee posted:

Some, but they're more the exception. 100ft Robot Golf is one of them.

Thumper is another. New Rez, too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I still can't believe a goon bought Solbrain, then wrote an effort post on how bad it was to boot, like gee whiz no kidding.

Honestly, I thought Solbrain was a goon prank.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of cool that it actually got pulled. If I recall correctly, not only was the game insanely bad but it stole assets left and right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wait i thought they were reposting something they had been paid to write. Lol reviewing solbrain with your own money

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Does this make Solbrain the new PT?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

I still enjoy No Man's Sky okay :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

homeless snail posted:

The wrapper is an indication of the contents. It's not a serious golf game, it lacks the quality of life stuff and precision that makes a real golf game and it has deliberately game breaking stuff like magnet balls to sink your chips and bashing the rubble of buildings into your opponent's way. If you wanted PGA Tour in 3D then wait for that.

Right now the automatch doesn't even work so without anyone on my friends list playing it I can't tell you if it's any better in multiplayer. I played the whole 36 holes tonight and the water and moon levels screwed with me the most because of the physics change. The mountain levels were probably closest to a more traditional difficult golf game since they have sheer cliffs to lose your ball and a lot of vertical changes to negotiate, but much less buildings and no wacky physics.

I like it for the $18 I paid but then I haven't played PGA Tour in a while and I probably should just dig into that again at some point. And I also like less serious golf games since in the end I pretty much suck at golf.

If you need any further proof whether it's for you, you have spin and curve controls but only three clubs with modifiers; high/mid/low driver and wedge, and long/short putter. If that annoys you just reading it don't buy robot golf.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 11, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Get Thumper instead of the lovely golf game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nobody was going to buy 100FT Robot Golf for a realistic golf experience.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so when did that spend $100 thing officially start? i wish sony weren't super loving vague about these promotions.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nobody was going to buy 100FT Robot Golf

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

rabidsquid posted:

so when did that spend $100 thing officially start? i wish sony weren't super loving vague about these promotions.
it started Oct 4th

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i don't like no goblin's games. sorry.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

i don't like no goblin's games. sorry.

Same. I appreciate 100ftRG's aesthetic but.. yeah their stuff isn't actually good/fun.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well I'm all set for Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

univbee posted:

Well I'm all set for Thursday.

Trackmania is gonna be so cool. I'm jealous.

• Locked thread