Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tei posted:

Field report:

I got the Outbreak Prime weapon.

???untested???: Killing Aksis
Extremely Very Good: Killing these spiders you find in assaults
Good: Killing boss
Average: Killing trash

The thing that is hilarious is killing spiders with it. You see a lot of yellow and white numbers flow so quick from the spider legs that is hard to have a idea how much damage is getting.

Handling: suffer somewhat from the "old IBM keyboard" syndrome. It feel mechanical, the clack clack clack is a bit too noticeable, has if the device uses the technology a old mechanical typewriter.

Crucicble: ???untested???.

Seems to be a big burly weapon that is very effective on some scenarios, average / good in most others. It will not snipe for you, and it will not end captain has fast a shotgun or fusion rifle. And may not replace a good scout, if you are into that, and will not replace a imago pistol, if you are into t hat, but is 65% better at being a general weapon than Touch of Malice. ToM was a raid only weapon (bar some cheese) and this one you can use everywhere.

Final score:
7/10

Outbreak prime is better at killing adds than killing bosses. The gun wrecks fallen in general and I used it on the raid and I found out that if I used it to shoot the bosses I ran out of ammo a lot faster and did basically the same amount of damage with my heavy and sniper. Still very useful in the raid. Takes out vandals, shanks, captains, tanks, and other adds really well. In crucible I was using it on my hunter with shinobus vow for double skip grenades and outbreak prime while doing iron banner and the fact that I was killing more dudes with swarms from my grenades and siva swarms made my day! Very fun in 6v6s but probably not in 3v3s.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

Outbreak prime is better at killing adds than killing bosses. The gun wrecks fallen in general and I used it on the raid and I found out that if I used it to shoot the bosses I ran out of ammo a lot faster and did basically the same amount of damage with my heavy and sniper. Still very useful in the raid. Takes out vandals, shanks, captains, tanks, and other adds really well. In crucible I was using it on my hunter with shinobus vow for double skip grenades and outbreak prime while doing iron banner and the fact that I was killing more dudes with swarms from my grenades and siva swarms made my day! Very fun in 6v6s but probably not in 3v3s.

About boss battles. I only tested it against the cabal brothers in a heroic assault.

I was doing so much damage to the brothers that all the waves spawned very quick, filling the arena with enemies. Very chaotic.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

I have a waltz with HCR, Perfect Balance and Counter Balance.

To bad I'm lovely with all trigger spam weapons.

Mine is HCR, counterbalance, hand loaded

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Can someone explain the "empowered" bit of Aksis Phase 2?

I get the bit with the servitors/captains etc, its a pain but i understand whats needed.

I also get that the empowered people need to slam the back of the boss when he moves around the arena prior to the damage phase but it seemed last night i was empowered one minute, slam wasn't on my side and i was loosing the empowered buff before i had the chance to slam?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ularg posted:

I've made no claim I was good at Crucible. I'm incredibly happy that I can get the Y1 crucible weapons now like Lord High Fixer because I think I ended Year 1 Destiny at rank 4-5 Crucible.

I hate getting Y1 weapons now because I'm constantly comparing them to the better original rolls I have sitting in my vault stuck at 160 light.

RIP Grim Citizen III.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There is an extremely short list of y1 guns that are any good now. The perk trees on modern weapons make basically everything you get now vastly superior to anything we could get back then.

The only y1 gun I can think of that is still noteworthy is BTRD. Other guns are certainly effective and/or fun, AE is a good auto rifle and Felwinter's Lie is still a good shotgun, but everything else has been made obsolete either by direct nerfs (field scout) or through missing out on two years of development.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hitchensgoespop posted:

I get the bit with the servitors/captains etc, its a pain but i understand whats needed.

I also get that the empowered people need to slam the back of the boss when he moves around the arena prior to the damage phase but it seemed last night i was empowered one minute, slam wasn't on my side and i was loosing the empowered buff before i had the chance to slam?

Empowerment seems to shift every time he gets slammed, so your group needs to call out who is empowered and adjust accordingly after every teleport. It's very common to become empowered and lose it without slamming in my own experience. It's also possible to remain empowered. The key is communicating who has it after every slam and who is covering what plate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hitchensgoespop posted:

Empowerment is randomly shuffled every time he gets slammed, so every player has to continue calling out their status and you need a system for moving people around if necessary after the first and second stuns. You might get it midway through the sequence or you might lose it at any time.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Empowered also shifts if someone who had the buff dies.

Oh, and don't pick up the cannons if you are empowered. It locks you from throwing the Siva charge iirc.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah that's what "charge lockout" means

But you can still pick up the cannon if you have to. Depends on how your group is doing the thing. As long as everyone is on the same page and communicating you can organize who picks up cannons/charges however you want

When we do it we usually try to have the empowered people stay on their sides to get the charges but if you have two people empowered at the same side it's easy for one of them to shift to an unempowered side during servitor killing with a cannon.

Just have to communicate and organize.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Something that helps with coordinating that is if you have your assigned positions 2/2/2, when everyone is stacked in the center dpsing and empowerment shifts, call the empowered from your *original* position. This prevents three people from going 'mid!', and instead you'll get one double up at most just like normal.

Having one person assigned in each pairing as the person who always moves if there's a double also simplifies that communication.

Annnd he won't teleport to the same spot, so that can also simplify your coverage.

That along with whoever grabs the cannon NOT waiting to see the servitor (the empowered player left behind can call it) and things go a lot smoother all fight.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

victrix posted:

Something that helps with coordinating that is if you have your assigned positions 2/2/2, when everyone is stacked in the center dpsing and empowerment shifts, call the empowered from your *original* position. This prevents three people from going 'mid!', and instead you'll get one double up at most just like normal.

Having one person assigned in each pairing as the person who always moves if there's a double also simplifies that communication.

Annnd he won't teleport to the same spot, so that can also simplify your coverage.

That along with whoever grabs the cannon NOT waiting to see the servitor (the empowered player left behind can call it) and things go a lot smoother all fight.

This is good advice and leads to downing the boss quickly. The big thing is getting that redundant left empowered to verbalize that they are going to be dunking for the right. Empowered people shouldn't even bother DPSing, just get in place and get ready to chaos dunk the bad man.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Cheers guys, good answers.

Breezed through the stages upto the final fight in a pretty stress free hour last night with next to no wipes and then spend two hours slamming our dicks into a blender. I think we got to the first DPS phase once, the whole thing seemed impossible.

It seemed similar to the totems in that if you give people clear roles it may be easier but when the bong rips start to flow and people start missing jumps with the void cannon even the "chillest" group gets salty quick.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Honestly you barely even need the Servitor calls, its never the one you picked up the cannon from, so if you were on either side you just zip past the middle, glance to see if that's the right one, if not, you know its the far one. Especially true with raid boots, you loving fly with a cannon in hand.

The mid cannon does need to know, but even they can jump straight up and do a quick scan to see which way to go.

As with basically every part of that fight, its massively easier when each person thinks a little bit and executes on their own.

Oh, and don't stand where he teleports, lost a run because someone moved into the rear position through the teleport pad and got squashed. He's perfectly easy to dunk on from the left or right of the rear with no fuss or time pressure.

And if you are not empowered or switching positions with a double empowered side, you should be banging on the boss the ENTIRE time, he's vulnerable the whole time, so plink away with scout/pulse or sniper while you wait for the space jam to go full dps.

That said, I'd skip the full-time dps even as a suggestion if you're in a new group that hasn't done it though, people have a hard time wrapping their heads around the empowerment shifting every dunk, you don't want people missing calls or moves because they're trying to plink the boss. Once people are comfortable, they'll tend to naturally shoot him when they aren't empowered anyway.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

poor life choice posted:

This is good advice and leads to downing the boss quickly. The big thing is getting that redundant left empowered to verbalize that they are going to be dunking for the right. Empowered people shouldn't even bother DPSing, just get in place and get ready to chaos dunk the bad man.

to add on to this, either of the two on the sides (left or right) should stand near the opening at the front of their platform and whoever is lower light should jump for mid if he teleports there. If you're empowered on the sides, once in position, you should snipe or sleeper Aksis from your position unless he's in the back.

:siren: Something that a lot more people don't know that you'd think was common knowledge by now,
When you have a cannon for both rounds of Aksis, you should shoot and HOLD DOWN THE TRIGGER for it to beep a few times then let go. So shoot, hold and count to 5, then let go and shoot again. This works for any of the scorch/shock/null cannons anywhere in the game including PoE, Taniks, and captains on patrol. The more cannon rounds you have at the end, the better. Don't want to waste 3 rounds trying to down a servitor when you dont have to.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You don't need to hold nearly that long, the cannons do full damage anywhere on Aksis if you fire and hold for ~1-2 seconds. I don't know the exact time, but there's an audible tone and a visual flare (that part being hard to see in the raid).

Go grab a cannon in one of the story missions and experiment with it to learn the timing. Your raid will do a shitload more dps if your highest light players are firing and detonating at maximum speed.

This goes for the Servitors too, you only need that partial fast charge to destroy them in one shot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The new sepiks fight is actually a training mode for that mechanic.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

We have everyone stay on their sides until the third teleport. Not collapsing to center every time really simplifies the fight.

What we do is assign one person to be bomb thrower and one to hold cannon on each side. Bomb thrower never leaves that side. If two are empowered on one side, the cannon holder will go where needed after killing their servitor, since they're leaving anyway. Bomb thrower calls servitor position.

When empowerment shifts, empowered people need to make getting in position their priority. The first two teleport stuns are fairly short, so having only three people DPSing is fine. A missed slam is a wipe, which is a much worse thing than missing out on 10k damage or whatever.

On third teleport, stack buffs and debuffs by collapsing to the side he teleports to. Viking funeral now stacks with tether, use it! Use your cannons here, you can get like 6 shots in.

If something breaks down, you have a couple options for recovery. You can hold off on killing captains for a bit, but not too long. Charges last a few seconds on the ground, so if needed you can have a thrower throw two if you communicate. Basically, the mechanics are set up to make it feel frantic and overwhelming, but if you stay calm and communicate, it's a pretty fun and simple fight on NM.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

A missed slam is a wipe,

Not always. :smuggo:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OK, it's not an automatic wipe, but it will cost you a pillar, and if your team is good enough to do it without needing all the pillars you probably aren't going to be missing slams in the first place.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 11, 2016

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tei posted:

About boss battles. I only tested it against the cabal brothers in a heroic assault.

I was doing so much damage to the brothers that all the waves spawned very quick, filling the arena with enemies. Very chaotic.

In general you shouldn't be using primary for bosses, that's what heavy and special ammo are for.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MarshyMcFly posted:

In general you shouldn't be using primary for bosses, that's what heavy and special ammo are for.

Outbreak Prime is an exception against fallen bosses though, in my opinion. It feels like the nanites have a reduced or eliminated cooldown against ultras, and they do 5x damage on fallen, so it does really good damage. I'd only use it on shield bros with small arms in effect, though.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

Outbreak Prime vs Restorative Mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG2cPZvQ23M

26 seconds

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
OP rips apart fallen bosses and especially if you're a warlock you should be running OP, the crucible vendor sniper that has spray and play, and the raid rocket launcher with the exotic boots.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

victrix posted:

And if you are not empowered or switching positions with a double empowered side, you should be banging on the boss the ENTIRE time, he's vulnerable the whole time, so plink away with scout/pulse or sniper while you wait for the space jam to go full dps.

That said, I'd skip the full-time dps even as a suggestion if you're in a new group that hasn't done it though

You can even headshot him when his head is still folded down if you can find it but yeah, don't even bring this up in a new group, people will miss becoming empowered.

AAB posted:

When you have a cannon for both rounds of Aksis, you should shoot and HOLD DOWN THE TRIGGER for it to beep a few times then let go. So shoot, hold and count to 5, then let go and shoot again.

You wait until the charge grows in size once(first beep) and then let go for both servitors and Aksis damage. Any longer and you're just wasting time.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

xzzy posted:

There is an extremely short list of y1 guns that are any good now. The perk trees on modern weapons make basically everything you get now vastly superior to anything we could get back then.

The only y1 gun I can think of that is still noteworthy is BTRD. Other guns are certainly effective and/or fun, AE is a good auto rifle and Felwinter's Lie is still a good shotgun, but everything else has been made obsolete either by direct nerfs (field scout) or through missing out on two years of development.

All the more reason to remove the ascendant energy, etheric light, etc bubbles from them all and just treat them the same as any other guns. Simplify some of the legacy crap hanging around in the game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
No because BTRD is hosed up and there's still some other broken poo poo like the timepiece and crota pulse with full auto, old matadors that get free kneepads because of a bug, the y1 FWC hand cannon, etc.

Not to mention them all being rerollable.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Fyi the artifacts at the wolf tower are the same as week one but have slightly different stats and distributions, worth picking some up imho. The jolders is int str instead of disc str for example.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Fyi the artifacts at the wolf tower are the same as week one but have slightly different stats and distributions, worth picking some up imho. The jolders is int str instead of disc str for example.

Glad to see they're on a fixed rotation.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

OP rips apart fallen bosses and especially if you're a warlock you should be running OP, the crucible vendor sniper that has spray and play, and the raid rocket launcher with the exotic boots.

The only problem is it uses up a lot of ammo compared to other primaries. During the raid I only really used OP on Aksis when he is still teleporting around so I don't accidentally throw a rocket at him that he'll dodge. On the final dps phases I usually just use my rocket launcher and sniper. Same with Vosik, there isn't much reason to use OP on him when it is your primary weapon against adds. Running to collect ammo all the time sucks and sometimes makes it difficult to stay alive when you constantly have to expose yourself for a single ammo block surrounded by a bunch of adds.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
People in my group were running out of ammo all the time, we'd try to do collection runs immediately after leaving a pillar.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

Emron posted:

Outbreak Prime is an exception against fallen bosses though, in my opinion. It feels like the nanites have a reduced or eliminated cooldown against ultras, and they do 5x damage on fallen, so it does really good damage. I'd only use it on shield bros with small arms in effect, though.

The nanites that are spawning from bosses is from "The Corruption Spreads" perk (Enemies that take repeated hits from this weapon spawn SIVA nanites that attack other enemies. Fallen take extra damage from these nanites), so there is no cooldown on that as long as you are hitting the boss with bullets. Regular enemies will die too fast for this to proc, but you'll see it proc with the yellows.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No because BTRD is hosed up and there's still some other broken poo poo like the timepiece and crota pulse with full auto, old matadors that get free kneepads because of a bug, the y1 FWC hand cannon, etc.

Though it would be pretty cool of them to go back over the y1 stuff, fix the problems, and unlock them for infusing to current light levels. And maybe delete the reroll feature.

I guess there might be one sperg out there somewhere that would get mad about his VoG boots getting switched from heavy ammo to rocket or mg ammo, but gently caress 'em, that was two years ago now.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

ONE drop from the final boss of the raid. Lmaooooo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Snostorm posted:

The nanites that are spawning from bosses is from "The Corruption Spreads" perk (Enemies that take repeated hits from this weapon spawn SIVA nanites that attack other enemies. Fallen take extra damage from these nanites), so there is no cooldown on that as long as you are hitting the boss with bullets. Regular enemies will die too fast for this to proc, but you'll see it proc with the yellows.

That makes sense, I hadn't thought about it just being a matter of more health=more procs.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
OP melts the voltage eaters, easiest way to see the effect. Slow Dps first couple shots and then he gets melted.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh yeah. Re-rollable bubbles should've been on list of legacy poo poo to take off too

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They should bring back rerolling :colbert:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It'd be cool to get one of the Raid shaders. Does it work like Oryx, in that you can have a different class armors in a single character's inventory and that will count as having a complete set? Only thing I'd be missing is a class item.

Which boss/chest drops arms? Just need them for my Titan. Other than that I should just be saving my siva fragments for hard raid at this point, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

el B posted:

It'd be cool to get one of the Raid shaders. Does it work like Oryx, in that you can have a different class armors in a single character's inventory and that will count as having a complete set? Only thing I'd be missing is a class item.

Which boss/chest drops arms? Just need them for my Titan. Other than that I should just be saving my siva fragments for hard raid at this point, yeah?

Yeah it works like oryx but you need the class item which is super rare. Siege machine drops the arms.

• Locked thread