Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

or f the bone fist is in, maybe a fist weapon build...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I thankfully have all my character slots filled with stupid poo poo I've made in the character creator, so it'll be a fun roulette to see which ones are a good soul level for the DLC

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

why do all the weapons feel so good. I'm torn between the halberd and the rapier. cant wait to get an estoc, that was my poo poo back in dark souls 2

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

haven't played any DS3 in like a week, went back today and got brutally owned by the Crystal Sage. i helped a few other people kill him in really short order but he brutalized me in one hit with some kind of move in his second phase. guess i should use those magic resist consumables or something?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

haven't played any DS3 in like a week, went back today and got brutally owned by the Crystal Sage. i helped a few other people kill him in really short order but he brutalized me in one hit with some kind of move in his second phase. guess i should use those magic resist consumables or something?

there are a few tricks to that fight. try it again, but pay attention to him and his clones. generally, just keep rolling and you'll probably be in pretty good shape.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

really should stream pvp sometime

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

really should stream pvp sometime

id watch that

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

gently caress yeah, I had an awesome fight with NIGGA Souls 3 the other day. love seein familiar faces

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Are blue covenant summons still tied to the age of your steam account

arghfist
Nov 4, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Yes. On PS4 I ended up creating a new PSN ID to get my 30 ears.

I'm currently experimenting with abuse of the 'switch user' feature(connect to DS server as new account, switch user to main account, close DS3 and immediately reopen), and in two nights of testing, summons have gone from 1 every 2 hours to 10-15 minutes. Perhaps there's something similar you could try with steam.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Average Bear posted:

What? How does that work? My steam account is from 2004, does that explain why blue covenant never worked for me?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The blue covenant used to be totally busted for most ppl I think it works now though

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Frog Act posted:

What? How does that work? My steam account is from 2004, does that explain why blue covenant never worked for me?

Matchmaking for auto summon covs uses the age of your account to queue you. So older accounts never get summoned.

Sometimes I think the Japanese have lost their minds

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
lmao

of course. of course

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Matchmaking for auto summon covs uses the age of your account to queue you. So older accounts never get summoned.

Lol weird

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Average Bear posted:

that is completely nonsensical, whta possible rationale could there be for that i wonder

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They probably were trying to use it as random number seed. Not that it's a good idea. But it's easy

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah I think they needed some seed for ordering Matchmaking but didn't really consider why account age doesn't work. You can fix it on steam by making a family sharing account and playing on there.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

decided to give the Great Club another chance and i actually really like it. the charge forward on the R2 is fantastic for catching people out, has to be one of my favorite strong attacks in the game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

update: someone thought they got the drop on me and did a running jump attack just in time to catch a fully charged R2, knocking them out of the air like a baseball and instantly deleting their lifebar. very good

arghfist
Nov 4, 2009

Average Bear posted:

On PS4 I think it's a bit more complex than that. I spent a few hours rushing sentinels, restarting the PS4, and waiting an hour for a summon(at lvl25 +2) before creating a new account. It wasn't until I'd created the third account that I had any success. I've since gone back to those first two alts, and haven't been summoned once in the span of a few hours each.

BTW that 'switch user' trick I mentioned above has continued to work over the past few days. I've racked up 23 ears in 5 sessions.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took a break for a little while because i got stuck on champ, but then came back and beat him on my second try. really fun fight. all the CQC stuff he does is sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90zTA4sffUc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i took a break for a little while because i got stuck on champ, but then came back and beat him on my second try. really fun fight. all the CQC stuff he does is sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90zTA4sffUc

lol he caught you with the kick like 12 times. Thats a fun fight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

lol he caught you with the kick like 12 times. Thats a fun fight

yeah, i flail pretty bad in the last quarter of the fight, but a win is a win

Dec 26, 2012

respect the kick

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the fluidity of that fight is amazing. it looks like a real (giant, shoeless, armored) guy moving around the battlefield. i think that's what makes the fight so hard, is that his animations blend seamlessly, and the tells are much more difficult to discern.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Champ was a cool fight and it felt very satisfying to beat him

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

he's my personal favorite kind of dark souls boss: relentlessly aggressive but with a medium health pool. I find those fights a lot more fun than the longer boss fights

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
25 concords away from plat. i really liked playing as a bluecop in ds2, sucks that i can't get summoned in this game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that dark souls 3 has like 10 bosses that are Big Sword Guy but each one is amazing and one of the best bosses in the series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's because they gave them more personality and uniqueness with the animations and movesets this time, and they also usually had some other tweak which was fun like the first phase nameless and 2nd phase pontiff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really curious what the final boss of the 2nd dlc is going to be, since it will be taking the honorary role of final souls boss ever made

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm really curious what the final boss of the 2nd dlc is going to be, since it will be taking the honorary role of final souls boss ever made

dare I say it....boss rush?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

dare I say it....boss rush?

Boss rush of every boss from every game in the DSIII engine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Boss rush of every boss from every game in the DSIII engine

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

include the good bosses from demon souls and I'm in

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

Capra Demon's back baby!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at the date posted:

Capra Demon's back baby!!!!

For maximum feels the very last boss should be that tutorial encounter in Demons Souls thats unwinnable but now you can beat the dragon god

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder if it could be velka... she seems to be one of the central elements of the plot we've never really encountered directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I'd pay 60 fresh ones for a boss rush

• Locked thread