Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
No Man's Sky was a interesting little indie game that became a TRIPLE AAA TENTPOLE RELEASE through hype and couldn't deliver that..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/boxofmillipedes/status/758292064899518464

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I see twitter has another hatecrush on some douchebag semi-celebrity because he fits the narrative of The Evil Liberals, and for some goddamn reason this thread needs to hear about it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm pretty sure he's not a liberal.

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Alaois posted:

Devin Faraci also loving loved Sausage Party and called it the most woke movie of the year

Excuse me, he called it "so unwoke, it's woke af".

The worst part is that I'm not even surprised. I hope the guy learns from it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

kaleidolia posted:

Excuse me, he called it "so unwoke, it's woke af".

The worst part is that I'm not even surprised. I hope the guy learns from it.

It's some douchebag being shut down argumentwise, but it's not a big deal. It's the internet. That's all people do here, get shut down, and then you take a screenshot of that one moment and share it around and there's no more context and no continuation just brutal owns. Nobody actually stays shut down and none of it ever means anything. It's such crap

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What does woke even mean at this point. Context clues are worthless as I've seen it being used in completely opposite ways. This is so not fetch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's some douchebag being shut down argumentwise, but it's not a big deal. It's the internet. That's all people do here, get shut down, and then you take a screenshot of that one moment and share it around and there's no more context and no continuation just brutal owns. Nobody actually stays shut down and none of it ever means anything. It's such crap

what the gently caress are you on about

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress are you on about

Man I don't even know anymore

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
In non-deplorable news Brad Jones posted a new Shot on Shitteo production vlog (!) and announced he will be finishing and releasing it (!!!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gb5EhROAWI

:woop:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARrBh8bpIQ

Re:Zero review, in which neither people like it and make fun of Rem being a dumb fantasy for lame and lonely otaku.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SunAndSpring posted:

Re:Zero review, in which neither people like it and make fun of Rem being a dumb fantasy for lame and lonely otaku.

uh is this supposed to be ironic?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Augus posted:

uh is this supposed to be ironic?

Well it's anime so I think you've answered your own question

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

They have poo poo taste and should feel bad. The former because he hardly makes any videos and the latter packpedals when his predictions backfire on him hilariously.

"I can't believe it's not Attack on Titan will be the anime of the season" to "it was supposed to be stupid all along guis"

"Let's ignore how Rem's infatuation with Subaru parallels Subaru's infatuation with Emelia, or how the entire show was about Subaru maturing into a better person by accepting what he can and can't do, literary devices in muh animu, what's that?" Or how about the entire last arc was a critique on the Otaku mindset in another world with absolutely no remorse or half hearted gut punches to Subaru and by proxy that archetype. Yeah totally Otakubait, seeing a show pretty much saying that Subaru's Nice Guy tm act is a load of crap and the female protag just cuts it off with him is what Otaku want to hear.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 10, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Annointed posted:

They have poo poo taste and should feel bad. The former because he hardly makes any videos and the latter packpedals when his predictions backfire on him hilariously.

"I can't believe it's not Attack on Titan will be the anime of the season" to "it was supposed to be stupid all along guis"

"Let's ignore how Rem's infatuation with Subaru parallels Subaru's infatuation with Emelia, or how the entire show was about Subaru maturing into a better person by accepting what he can and can't do, literary devices in muh animu, what's that?" Or how about the entire last arc was a critique on the Otaku mindset in another world with absolutely no remorse or half hearted gut punches to Subaru and by proxy that archetype. Yeah totally Otakubait, seeing a show pretty much saying that Subaru's Nice Guy tm act is a load of crap and the female protag just cuts it off with him is what Otaku want to hear.

Are these youtube comments because if so lmao

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Are these youtube comments because if so lmao

They are my own. Muh opinions are worth more than yours :saddowns:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am sincerely asking you people on the Internet Critic Discussion Thread 3.0: Probably more than 0 Days Since The Last Drama Bomb thread: What does "woke" mean

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I am sincerely asking you people on the Internet Critic Discussion Thread 3.0: Probably more than 0 Days Since The Last Drama Bomb thread: What does "woke" mean

past of wake

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

It's like Redpilled but for left-wing people.

But also constantly used to imply that the woke person is actually a fake leftist. So both redpilled and cuckservative at the same time

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Calaveron posted:

It's a word that, if used by a person to describe themselves, indicates you can safely tune out everything they have to say.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

But in all seriousness if you ever have a friend who unironically uses that terminology, sever like a gangrene foot from a leg.

EDIT: Back on topic of Internet Critics That Don't Suck tm, Here's a review from Mother's Basement about "moon conspiracy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tO-m9aMe8

Annointed fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 10, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yardbomb posted:

Game really still doesn't seem that bad. I mean I hardly knew anything about it until it came out, then watched some people play it some and all I could think was "This seems neat enough" but that's on me for not having gone full incredible hype train that existed before it came out I guess. I dunno how people keep jumping on the "GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVERRRRRRR" wagons time after time and keep ruining games for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Someone has a crush :kimchi:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's like Redpilled but for left-wing people.

But also constantly used to imply that the woke person is actually a fake leftist. So both redpilled and cuckservative at the same time

what are you talking about?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's the ramblings of someone who worships South Park and thinks anyone who has strong feelings towards something is an idiot. Truth is somewhere in the middle. Which is to say not caring.

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

The context is him repeatedly being antagonistic and harassing people (most often women, not always online), but I get your point. Also that Film Crit Hulk works for his site, I guess.

I don't get the "lying" thing, since the game seems like a mess all by itself.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kaleidolia posted:

I don't get the "lying" thing, since the game seems like a mess all by itself.

The guy literally went "*chuckle* Yeah you can" when asked if you can grief other players, and said "The only way to see how you look is for another player to look at you". The game has zero multiplayer code. How is that not lying?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jimbot posted:

It's the ramblings of someone who worships South Park and thinks anyone who has strong feelings towards something is an idiot. Truth is somewhere in the middle. Which is to say not caring.

No, actually that was not the point, but thanks for jumping to the magical island of Conclusions because I phrased it in a way you didn't like.

For the record: People who say "Redpilled" and "Cuckservatives" are monstrous idiots who are worse than any of the people who say "Woke"

The Vosgian Beast fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 10, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your post read like an outburst of non-sequiturs where it's hard to see where one thought begins or ends, if it indeed begins or ends. For my part, I was being cheeky since you were being cheeky that towards someone who made a video holding someone accountable for peddling a product he lied about.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No, actually that was not the point, but thanks for jumping to the magical island of Conclusions because I phrased it in a way you didn't like.

For the record: People who say "Redpilled" and "Cuckservatives" are monstrous idiots who are worse than any of the people who say "Woke"

which is why you equated them in your first post.

maybe you should just stop posting

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Are all y'all high? What the heck was even this past page.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Puppy Time posted:

Are all y'all high? What the heck was even this past page.

We all get a bit crazy 'round these parts when those presidential debates happen.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
ANYWAYS. I'm gonna go back a bit to Hbomb's latest video and bring something up that's actually worthy of discussion (I hope). It did mention about how Tarantino has views opposing those of the alt-right and all that poo poo and my god. I watched Django Unchained the other night again and can you imagine some "White men are so oppressed :qq:" seeing that? Any time some awful white slaver or anyone working with one gets killed it's insane and over-the-top as gently caress to the point where I could only laugh but when anyone black has violence done do them it's so grounded to the point it's disturbing. And that's not even getting into the politics of the Hateful Eight which is its own beast to tackle.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Tracula posted:

ANYWAYS. I'm gonna go back a bit to Hbomb's latest video and bring something up that's actually worthy of discussion (I hope). It did mention about how Tarantino has views opposing those of the alt-right and all that poo poo and my god. I watched Django Unchained the other night again and can you imagine some "White men are so oppressed :qq:" seeing that? Any time some awful white slaver or anyone working with one gets killed it's insane and over-the-top as gently caress to the point where I could only laugh but when anyone black has violence done do them it's so grounded to the point it's disturbing. And that's not even getting into the politics of the Hateful Eight which is its own beast to tackle.

Tarantino has specifically stated that the slavers and enablers in Django die over-the-top bloody deaths because they're the bad guys. It's supposed to be cathartic ridiculousness. Contrast that with the good guys and you see their deaths treated with gravitas and decency.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Jim Sterling doesn't have a lot nice things to say about VR

"Privilege goggles for tech bloggers" is a pretty apt description for VR.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Enjoy the comments about said tech bros getting called out on their privilege.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Annointed posted:

But in all seriousness if you ever have a friend who unironically uses that terminology, sever like a gangrene foot from a leg.
:rolleye:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

This is my first Jim Sterling video I could be arsed to actually watch, and I completely agree with him. For something touted as the next generation of gaming, it all feels so fundamentally limited.

E: I skimmed, did anyone link to the new RLM video where they actually talk about the important part of movies, for once? I found it legit fascinating.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 11, 2016

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
VR has a def. place in flight sims. Although head tracking has been a thing for a long while already and it's not as many :10bux:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Mr.Radar posted:

In non-deplorable news Brad Jones posted a new Shot on Shitteo production vlog (!) and announced he will be finishing and releasing it (!!!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gb5EhROAWI

:woop:

I'm glad to see that Jake didn't manage to ruin this after all! :byewhore:

• Locked thread