Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

this is the best day of my life

WEVE DONE IT

ITS HERE

YES

ABOUT SIX MONTHS TOO LATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Games have definitely gotten longer

Not really.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-football-games-are-far-too-long-1473894842

quote:

College games seem even more endless in comparison to the NFL games a day later. For all the flaws of the average NFL game—player safety, coaching blunders, the quality of the actual football—length is not one. NFL games lasted 3 hours and 8 minutes last year. Which was the same as 2013. And 2005. And 1999.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

WEVE DONE IT

ITS HERE

YES

ABOUT SIX MONTHS TOO LATE

Jamil Douglas and Isiah Pead released as well.

FIRE SALE

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What the poo poo happened in 2006? (and to a lesser extent after 2007)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

This chart shows NFL games getting longer by about 8 minutes over the last 8 years, which is less than what I felt had happened, but still a definite occurrence (and substantial). I'm surprised they got shorter after 2005, though.

lol @ college games though

E: The NFL also introduced the 4:25pm game in 2012 to avoid cutting off the large number of long-running 1pm games

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 11, 2016

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

FIRE SALE
That would imply things are being sold. They're just being thrown out here.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

That would imply things are being sold. They're just being thrown out here.

FIRE DUMP

Nov 6, 2002

I think the appropriate term would be:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think the appropriate term would be:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Actually that chart makes me wonder if the SNF/MNF switch between ESPN and NBC is the primary driver behind shorter games following the 2005 season (ESPN took over MNF in 2006, while NBC took SNF).

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's like when you watch that woman on Hoarders finally throw away the fridge full of rat carcasses

Except someone might actually want that fridge. It can be salvaged. D Thomas cannot. Releasing Douglas and Turner as well holy poo poo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The shirts have also been released.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

new shirt is just a screen cap of this tweet

https://twitter.com/pff_natejahnke/status/785907505150857217

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The shirts have also been released.

Dallas Thomas will soon be seen selling heavily discounted shirts outside of the stadium

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

yeah, he's doing a weekly film look at games and it's a good short read for some nerdy stuff. He also was on Barnwell's podcast like 2 weeks ago for a bit and went over a bunch of things you can look for to figure out what kind of play the offense will run.

Foxworth is also a weekly guest on bomani jones 'the right time' podcast, which remains the single best podcast in sports.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

FIRE SALE

I. Pead free, league

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Foxworth is also a weekly guest on bomani jones 'the right time' podcast, which remains the single best podcast in sports.

I have a 17 hour flight next week so I think I will finally actually start listening to that thing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"If Tannehill was better under pressure those men would STILL HAVE JOBS" - Omar Kelly

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

yeah, he's doing a weekly film look at games and it's a good short read for some nerdy stuff. He also was on Barnwell's podcast like 2 weeks ago for a bit and went over a bunch of things you can look for to figure out what kind of play the offense will run.

Hey, I'm just saying if someone just happened to print that quote on a T-shirt I would buy a couple.

its cool that hes doing this, every single ex player and coach on the networks could do this,and when they are new you see some of it but eventually its beaten into them to just yell really loudly about who wants it more and everyone gets dumber because of it, its great.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

its cool that hes doing this, every single ex player and coach on the networks could do this,and when they are new you see some of it but eventually its beaten into them to just yell really loudly about who wants it more and everyone gets dumber because of it, its great.

Yeah, Geoff Schwartz is also doing this on a podcast and posting gifs of plays on twitter. He was also on Barnwell's podcast and talked about how mad he gets at Phil Simms for just getting things so wrong when he clearly has to know what the play is.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/785942983740952577

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Geoff Schwartz is also doing this on a podcast and posting gifs of plays on twitter. He was also on Barnwell's podcast and talked about how mad he gets at Phil Simms for just getting things so wrong when he clearly has to know what the play is.

i think after being an announcer long enough you just become legally blind and make up random poo poo about whats happening infront of you

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The Chargers were smarter than those 4 teams then (one of which is my team :shepicide:)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the Chargers are mad at their kicker for smiling. i loving hate this team so much

i cannot wait until they leave and implode qualcomm and we never have to deal with this poo poo again

Nov 6, 2002

look at these lol

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/785475780914581504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/785495833596817413?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

three man rush, sack

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They should bench Tannehill imho, he's clearly the problem.

Now you might think the RT is at fault in that top one with the way he jumps back and just kinda swipes at the DE for a moment. But it's really clear he's expecting to fake that then go right and the RG was supposed to take him. But the RG at the snap just jumps into a double team on the DT, leading the RT to basically pass the guy into thin air.

Then because the RB needs to go into his route he also fakes like he's going to block for half a moment before letting Tannehill get annihilated.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/785940308622213121

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

The DE even bites on the read-option for a moment.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

whypick1 posted:

The Chargers were smarter than those 4 teams then (one of which is my team :shepicide:)

Not smarter, just lucky that Rivers is an Ironman

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Just try hugging their best player

https://streamable.com/ww57

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That dolphin line doesn't look very good, imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chinatown posted:

the Chargers are mad at their kicker for smiling. i loving hate this team so much

i cannot wait until they leave and implode qualcomm and we never have to deal with this poo poo again

he was laughing way harder than derek anderson was

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

DVOA. The Jets dumpster fire is bested only by the Texans and Browns.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-5-dvoa-ratings

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Imagine being so stupid you see those plays and blame Tannehill for their failures.

Now imagine being so stupid you see those same linemen do the same thing over and over, for several years, and you continue to employ them for millions of dollars a year

Congrats you're now 1) 65% of our fanbase and 2) Mike Tannebaum

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Texans offense is more bad than the Falcons offense is good :laugh:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Imagine being so stupid you see those plays and blame Tannehill for their failures.

Now imagine being so stupid you see those same linemen do the same thing over and over, for several years, and you continue to employ them for millions of dollars a year

Congrats you're now 1) 65% of our fanbase and 2) Mike Tannebaum

Pretty sure after one of those is when the we want moore chants started

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How many offensive line coaches has Miami been through?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not that it matters and I get it's just part of the template they use but I really wish this smug rear end thing wasn't there every damned week. At least take the bolding off.

quote:

To save people some time, please use the following format for all complaints:

<team> is clearly ranked <too high/too low> because <reason unrelated to DVOA>. <subjective ranking system> is way better than this. <unrelated team-supporting or -denigrating comment, preferably with poor spelling and/or chat-acceptable spelling>

I wonder how their estimated wins thing spits out 3.5 for KC after that Pittsburgh game. I can believe the Chiefs are the least consistent team in the league pretty easily though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Schatz is a thin skinned baby.

• Locked thread