Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

been away for a while, got suckered back in by the Ken Bone Zone

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

been away for a while, got suckered back in by the Ken Bone Zone

owns

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/debate-trump-clinton-kenneth-bone

https://twitter.com/tmckernan/status/785466942861615105

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

suit destruction is unchill, condolences to the bone man

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I can't handle this.

E:

https://twitter.com/tmckernan/status/785467880389292032

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Aha hahahaha I love this man

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
same, ken bone. same

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/785503565460738048

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ken Bone loving Owns

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god ken bone is the manager from mr robot

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I would vote for Ken Bone.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
YCS! We never get to have positive moments (unless your chosen candidate isn't in the thread yet :smug:)-so let's get into alternate histories. Call it'a consolation bracket.

I'm pretty convinced for a variety of reasons (foreign policy, the thorough sublimation of social justice to economic justice, lack of any implementable policy) that Trump is a terrible matchup for Bernie and while he may still be winning, it'd be by less of a margin and the coalition he'd turn out is less likely to support downballot Dems or come out in 2018. But this isn't about making GBS threads on señor Bernget... because I believe there were possible matchups that would fall to his favor. I'll get started, but please... join in!

Maple Grandpa vs ¡Please Clap!

Jeb! received millions in the S&L bailout, is literally a Bush, supported the wall street bailout while wanting to leave the auto industry to figure poo poo out/collapse on its own, seeks to cut corporate taxes and is a Free Trade Advocate.

Economically, I'm not sure you could craft a better candidate for Bernie to go up against. As a bonus, Grab Em by the Pussy would have some relevance! The Republicans who miss GWB's foreign policy (who, frighteningly, exist) would rally behind Jeb!, but isolationist doves tend to line up for Bernie despite the candidate being neither. I think it goes Bernie, but by Obama '12 margins.... possibly losing Florida.

Maple Grandpa vs Lil Marco

Rubio is interesting... he's Generic Republican who doesn't go out of his way to alienate Latino voters, but he's also anathema to a portion of the GOP base. Some of the base who is turned off by Rubio (HS educated whites) is also Bernie's strongest segment. This race is likely to depend heavily on turnout,... and it's unclear if Bernie will be able to turnout other elements of the Obama Coalition as well as he did college students. The primary didn't provide a lot of evidence in his favor there, but his campaign could likely rely on the same "lesser of two evils" strategy with those groups as Hillary is relying on with his supporters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Geoff Peterson posted:

YCS! We never get to have positive moments (unless your chosen candidate isn't in the thread yet :smug:)-so let's get into alternate histories. Call it'a consolation bracket.

I'm pretty convinced for a variety of reasons (foreign policy, the thorough sublimation of social justice to economic justice, lack of any implementable policy) that Trump is a terrible matchup for Bernie and while he may still be winning, it'd be by less of a margin and the coalition he'd turn out is less likely to support downballot Dems or come out in 2018. But this isn't about making GBS threads on señor Bernget... because I believe there were possible matchups that would fall to his favor. I'll get started, but please... join in!

Maple Grandpa vs ¡Please Clap!

Jeb! received millions in the S&L bailout, is literally a Bush, supported the wall street bailout while wanting to leave the auto industry to figure poo poo out/collapse on its own, seeks to cut corporate taxes and is a Free Trade Advocate.

Economically, I'm not sure you could craft a better candidate for Bernie to go up against. As a bonus, Grab Em by the Pussy would have some relevance! The Republicans who miss GWB's foreign policy (who, frighteningly, exist) would rally behind Jeb!, but isolationist doves tend to line up for Bernie despite the candidate being neither. I think it goes Bernie, but by Obama '12 margins.... possibly losing Florida.

Maple Grandpa vs Lil Marco

Rubio is interesting... he's Generic Republican who doesn't go out of his way to alienate Latino voters, but he's also anathema to a portion of the GOP base. Some of the base who is turned off by Rubio (HS educated whites) is also Bernie's strongest segment. This race is likely to depend heavily on turnout,... and it's unclear if Bernie will be able to turnout other elements of the Obama Coalition as well as he did college students. The primary didn't provide a lot of evidence in his favor there, but his campaign could likely rely on the same "lesser of two evils" strategy with those groups as Hillary is relying on with his supporters.

Lil Marco has no 'real' charisma, in live events he's stiff and awkward, but he's still got the whole 'young cute Latino has strong opinions about both the gay sex and tax breaks' thing going for him. Surrogates can easily make up for his charisma issues. His biggest dangers would be the debates, but honestly I think both he and Bernie are incredibly weak debaters, both sticking to safe waters and not able to handle surprise moments so that could be a wash. Plus you can't ignore the optics, elderly 30 plus year establishment politician with the spooky-S-word attached to him vs young minority who's real good at pretending he's not just absolute human garbage. That's a rough road to go down.

St. Bernard vs The Foolish Guac Merchant is an easy slam dunk, though, yea. Although near anyone vs Jeb! has a fantastic path to victory. No charisma, Bush Taint, governorship of Florida including some genuinely horrifically bad poo poo he's for some reason proud of, that dude should have never been let out of the family compound.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Sleep well Berno.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

sleep well Berno

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
sleep well Berno

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sleep well Berno

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

sleep well Berno

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rand alPaul posted:

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/784530223605903360
Jeb! taking a bold stance.

Still no response from Lincoln Chafee.

it's still his first day

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

sleep well Berno

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/rootwoman123/status/785933644045189120

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Berno in hell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
sleep well Berno

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Sleep well Berno.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

MariusLecter posted:

Berno in hell

Why so much Bernie hate?

You seem upset.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
sleep well berno

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
smash em hulkster

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
sleep well Berno

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

sleep well, Berno :love:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i thought he actually died and was worried when i started reading this page from the bottom

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

wtf

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
sleep well Berno

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
rip bernie

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Baloogan posted:

rip bernie

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i can't believe that bernie sanders is loving dead

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i just heard the news... so sad

plasticowlmachine
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
He will never really die, not as long as we remember him and hold him close to our hearts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Can he still hold committee positions?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Were gonna have some wikileaks dumps in like 10 years showing that he never existed and the whole campaign was a result of collective chemtrail hallucinations and memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

James Adomian is prepped to replace him whenever that sad day comes.

• Locked thread