Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's illegal in most of the states.

That's why they went to Brazil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
take two things and mash it together

bam, t-shirt design

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lol I got this shirt it has Mario on it lol and he's coming out of, lol get this, a Tardis. Lol, and it says, haha, it says Super Tardiso Brothers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ulysse Richert-Botté

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For context in "about the same as previous ones" he's referring specifically to indie developers I think.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

Lol I got this shirt it has Mario on it lol and he's coming out of, lol get this, a Tardis. Lol, and it says, haha, it says Super Tardiso Brothers.

doctor boo. and he's got the scarf or fez or bowtie or whatever. doctor who is trash

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Patter Song posted:

They both describe mechanics that you get early on in the first game.

To "Brave" is to opt to move more than once a turn with the understanding that you are sacrificing future moves.
To "Default" is to choose not to move at all in order to save up your turns for future turns.
"Bravely Second" is freezing time to take a move no matter where in the turn cycle it is and ignore the damage cap in the process.

Bravely Second also has a bizarre in-game meaning in the second game, but we don't need to get into that.

I'm not trying to start poo poo or argue with you guys that these things aren't backed up with in-game explanations... but come on, "Bravely Default" and "Bravely Second" are not intelligible phrases.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

coffeecup posted:

I'm not trying to start poo poo or argue with you guys that these things aren't backed up with in-game explanations... but come on, "Bravely Default" and "Bravely Second" are not intelligible phrases.

Bravely default counts if you squint. "Default" is a normal verb too

"Bravely Second" is a little weirder (I bravely second his choice of rainbow sherbet over rocky road!) and they both SOUND engrishy as hell, but still

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 11, 2016

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
piranha plant boyz in tha hood

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The NX.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I want peach to give me a bath

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Pat Contri (NES punk) said in his podcast there will be a Mario title at launch that is different

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a map ?? but that looks like... a close-up of my extremely wonky eyes ??

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Raserys posted:

Same. Please scrub my hair while you outline your plan to dismantle your monarchy, Peach.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 12, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kashuno posted:

Pat Contri (NES punk) said in his podcast there will be a Mario title at launch that is different

Mario smokes weed and gets drunk confirmed???

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

coffeecup posted:

Being slightly odd makes them good and memorable titles. It also generates wider curiosity and interest than most genre-obvious titles.

IN MY OPINION

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Miyamoto moved the schedule up on that one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Phimosissy posted:

Being slightly odd makes them good and memorable titles. It also generates wider curiosity and interest than most genre-obvious titles.

IN MY OPINION

dang you really lucked out in the name change lottery huh

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

oddium posted:

a map ?? but that looks like... a close-up of my extremely wonky eyes ??
Gee, thanks for that, I needed a giggle.

I bet the NX has six full-size joysticks on the front and that each one has at least eleven buttons.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Raserys posted:

There's a 2/4 chance you would get Mario though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kashuno posted:

Pat Contri (((NES punk))) said in his podcast there will be a Mario title at launch that is different

yeah, check the op

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Kashuno posted:

if we're lucky it will be a rushed mario 64 sequel where nintendo doesnt have time to put in awful features like galaxy's meteorites

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's awful about those? They were optional challenges that extended the length of an already very long game.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

greatn posted:

What's awful about those? They were optional challenges that extended the length of an already very long game.

they were mediocre remix challenges in a game where its core flaw was forward acceleration feeling limp on jumping physics being distorted by curvature of the planets

imagine if you started mario galaxy as luigi and when you unlocked mario he jumped half as high but had mario 64 style traction and forward momentum

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

dang you really lucked out in the name change lottery huh

indeed

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

oddium posted:

doctor boo. and he's got the scarf or fez or bowtie or whatever. doctor who is trash

Don't Sign Your Posts

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

greatn posted:

Is it...

DOCTOR Mario????? :haw:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Donald Trump will Animorph into the NX

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
The NX is actually just holographic James Dean.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Didn't Miyamoto say that the next Mario game would be ready to be shown at the next E3? If so, that'd rule out it being an NX launch title. (Holiday 2017 would be very much in the cards, though)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Patter Song posted:

Didn't Miyamoto say that the next Mario game would be ready to be shown at the next E3? If so, that'd rule out it being an NX launch title. (Holiday 2017 would be very much in the cards, though)

Could have progressed faster than he thought or they could have had EAD prioritize it.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Patter Song posted:

They both describe mechanics that you get early on in the first game.

To "Brave" is to opt to move more than once a turn with the understanding that you are sacrificing future moves.
To "Default" is to choose not to move at all in order to save up your turns for future turns.
"Bravely Second" is freezing time to take a move no matter where in the turn cycle it is and ignore the damage cap in the process.

Bravely Second also has a bizarre in-game meaning in the second game, but we don't need to get into that.

Well, true, but they both have legit English meaning as well, and are namedropped in the games.

youcallthatatwist posted:

Bravely default counts if you squint. "Default" is a normal verb too

"Bravely Second" is a little weirder (I bravely second his choice of rainbow sherbet over rocky road!) and they both SOUND engrishy as hell, but still

This guy gets it. 'Default' and 'second' are verbs, and the characters use them as such in key cutscenes.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I hope Nintendo doesn't default on any loans they may have, bravely or otherwise.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Is the NX out yet

Fireant
Sep 13, 2003

Information Gatherer
I had a dream, a stadium full of manchildren waiting for the NX reveal. They show a new Zelda game called Hyrule Shaving, a tiny Link must shave a giant head''s mustache in order to uncover the entrance to his face temple. The presentation ended with still no NX reveal. Nintendo is letting me down not just in real life, but in my dreams

Fireant fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 12, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Nintendo regards the first 6 months as launch, so it could be out September.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I thought Nintendo drew a distinction between "launch" and "launch window"?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MechaCrash posted:

I thought Nintendo drew a distinction between "launch" and "launch window"?

Probably. I'd go with that instead.

coffeecup posted:

I dunno, I just expect this poo poo with video games. I mean, one of the most anticipated titles of 2017 is called Horizon Zero Dawn.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Fireant posted:

I had a dream, a stadium full of manchildren waiting for the NX reveal. They show a new Zelda game called Hyrule Shaving, a tiny Link must shave a giant head''s mustache in order to uncover the entrance to his face temple. The presentation ended with still no NX reveal. Nintendo is letting me down not just in real life, but in my dreams

This is incredible.

• Locked thread