Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ovelia SSB, Vanille SSB, and Mustadio SB. Ehhhh, more medicas for CM content coverage I guess? I have 7 now, 3 with m-blink but 2 of them are FF4 and 2 are FFT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KataraniSword posted:

Punisher (Fang SSB) and Raines' Gloves (Raines SSB). Not a bad pull, for drat sure; an Imperil Holy will go nicely with Celes's Lightbringer. :getin:

I'm a little :psyduck: that the gloves are an actual mage fist, though; who can use MAG-oriented fists other than Raines, Reno, and Red XIII? (Tyro excepted, of course.)

EDIT: I suppose there's an argument to be made for handing them off to ninjaspell-Yuffie, if nothing else.

Onion Knight, Edge, Yuffie, Vayne, and Thancred all have actual uses for magic and can use fist weapons, in addition to the ones you listed. If we ever get Blue Magic, you can add at least Gilgamesh and Gau to the list as well.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Got a dupe Overture, Hawkeye, and Kaiser Shield. The shield seems pretty good (is it basically Full Break? I can't tell from the description), not sure if Hawkeye is anything special but I guess having an 8-strike Holy attack will be nice against bosses that are weak to it. Seems like it could also be handy to stick on a ranged fighter in the back row, but the game keeps giving me stuff for a front-row physical team so that isn't too useful at the moment. Got plenty of 5-star swords already so I guess I'll combine the Overtures.

Got a 4-star Diamond Armor and a 3-star Ice Armor too, which is always welcome.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Got a dupe Overture, Hawkeye, and Kaiser Shield. The shield seems pretty good (is it basically Full Break? I can't tell from the description), not sure if Hawkeye is anything special but I guess having an 8-strike Holy attack will be nice against bosses that are weak to it. Seems like it could also be handy to stick on a ranged fighter in the back row, but the game keeps giving me stuff for a front-row physical team so that isn't too useful at the moment. Got plenty of 5-star swords already so I guess I'll combine the Overtures.

Got a 4-star Diamond Armor and a 3-star Ice Armor too, which is always welcome.

Kaiser Shield is an attack/magic break, which is superior to full break because it means it stacks with full break and normal breakdowns. Also the shield is +lightning damage. It was one of best SBs in the game when it first debut and is still really solid today.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oh my god, these squashy, badly-proportioned images for the FFT realms are causing me physical discomfort.

Did anyone play the game looking like that? I know the PSP's aspect ratio isn't that hosed, at least.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

1/11 for Refia's Rising Sun.

Guess who was skipped when handing out Monk motes in order to get Lifebane to R2?

Doh. Look's like she's going to have to use R2 Exploding Fist for a few months.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
1/11 and it was Refia's Moonring Blade. The entirety of my III synergy prior to this was Luneth's Tyrfing, so it's something at least.

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
Fang's BSB hell yeah! I haven't used a single dragoon other than Freya so this will pair them up very nicely

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
3/11 -- Vegas, Wyrmfang and one of Hope's regular SBs. Nothing extraordinary, but I can't really complain about it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Benthalus posted:

1/11 for Refia's Rising Sun.

Guess who was skipped when handing out Monk motes in order to get Lifebane to R2?

Doh. Look's like she's going to have to use R2 Exploding Fist for a few months.
this is why I reserved at least 5 class motes for each class

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr Pepper posted:

You can give it to Jecht and have him use Memento Mori and Dark Zone. :eng101:

You joke but I absolutely one hundred percent did this for the Magus Sisters Cid Mission.

(Okay I don't have the Cid fist so he carried Ashe's sword. Same difference.)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Took care of all the classic Tactics and FF3 dungeons already! I'm tempted to do the Lucky Draw now just to get it over with... I'm not gonna get more than five pulls anyway, sure, whatever, I'll do it.

Three 13 weapons, with Fang's Partisan, Snow's Winged Saint, and Sazh's Sirius Sidearms. On the bright side, some actually good melee synergy for FF13 for once. On the lower side, none of them are particularly interesting Soul Break wise. Ah well. A gun that's better than the Running Fire I had for ages is still nice.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Pulled Delita's SSB. It's all atk down, does that mean it stacks with Agrias' shield and power breakdown/full break?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Moonring, Physicians Staff, and Hawkeye. No game changers, but not a bad haul! :toot: First piece of III synergy gear. I'm excited to finally be able to throw Hope onto the team, and it's nice to give Vanille a sidegrade to Oerba's Boon, even if I never use her over Selphie's Dreamstage or Aeris' White Materia.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KataraniSword posted:

Oh my god, these squashy, badly-proportioned images for the FFT realms are causing me physical discomfort.

Did anyone play the game looking like that? I know the PSP's aspect ratio isn't that hosed, at least.

Someone has never seen the actual line art for FFT, I see.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alxprit posted:

Took care of all the classic Tactics and FF3 dungeons already! I'm tempted to do the Lucky Draw now just to get it over with... I'm not gonna get more than five pulls anyway, sure, whatever, I'll do it.

Three 13 weapons, with Fang's Partisan, Snow's Winged Saint, and Sazh's Sirius Sidearms. On the bright side, some actually good melee synergy for FF13 for once. On the lower side, none of them are particularly interesting Soul Break wise. Ah well. A gun that's better than the Running Fire I had for ages is still nice.

Sirius Sidearms is XIII's only Faithga as far as I can recall, even if it's only a 20% one. XIII is also one of those realms that can just fit a full Mage team (Sazh, Vanille, Hope, Raines, Serah), so you can combo it nicely with OK's BSB for Haste + Protect + Regen along with the stacking Faithga. Snow can even combo the ATK/MAG buff with Meteor Crash.

I'm probably just gonna pull a duplicate Heroic Shield on Onion Knight now that I've pulled one, I can feel it in my bones.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Someone has never seen the actual line art for FFT, I see.

Nah, I'm not talking about the in-battle sprites, those are fine.

It's the game screencaps they use for the menu background/menu thumbnails that's a royal mess.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
2/10

Got Reifa's spellbreak thing, and Hope's SSB

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

acumen posted:

Pulled Delita's SSB. It's all atk down, does that mean it stacks with Agrias' shield and power breakdown/full break?

Full Break yes, Power breakdown no.

It is a lightning boosting sword though, which could be worth it if you like Kain or Lightning for future SBs. Kain especially since he can use Lightning Dive. And more so if you have the Kaiser Shield already.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got Serah's Gloves and Vega 42s. After almost 18 months, I finally have my first 5* XIII physical weapon (not counting the freebies, obviously). It's a little awkward for my A-team (although Tyro can use it), but it's a native hastega for XIII and both Sazh and Lightning can use it so it could be worse.

Considering the gacha luck I've been having lately, that could have gone worse. Just two more weeks until Larsa...

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
2/11: Heroic Shield and Desch's Sword.

I'll take any amount of FF3 (or FFT) synergy, so I'm happy with this pull even without considering that one of them is a Hastega.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I feel lucky.

...ooooh...not that lucky I guess. I already had a Starseeker, so I guess that'll just get turned into a 6* since I can't imagine needing two bows for XIII content. And well, I have something for Mustadio now. Not the one I wanted, but a high chance of slow is something nice to have? I really didn't need any more Tactics synergy though. I was hoping for III and XIII stuff.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I pulled Vega 42s. I remember a year ago when that would have been cause for celebration. As is it's still a Hastega for XIII, and physical synergy.

I also got Delita's dagger, and Ovelia's robe, so if you count this draw by how many Hastegas I pulled it's pretty strong.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Pulled vanille's binding rod, Snow's Power circle? I dunno I have two fists for Snow now. And oh yeah, Platinum Sword. I spent so long trying to get SG or Shout, and then I finally got SG from a dollar pull a couple banners back, and now I finally have Shout as well after I started adding ALL the Shout RWs.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

A small XIII-centric pull for me: a Power Circle for Snow and a Skycutter for Hope (as well as Rinoa and Edea if needed...)

A bit fortuitous because those two ended being my highest leveled XIII characters by the time the Raines Event ended thanks to Snow's Paladin and its Interrupt SB saving my rear end in a lot of Elite Bosses and Hope being the Designated White Mage because I tend to avoid expending Souls for Off-event Characters I couldn't pull their relics like Vanille was back then.

Now to pile up Mythril for Larsa 2.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Now that I'm thinking about it, my primary team for FF13 is sort of hybrid leaning towards Mage, so the Sirius Sidearms are actually a pretty solid boon (ha) to it. But it also conflicts with Vanille's Protect-granting Medica, so I'd probably throw in someone different unless I wanted to do a Cid Mission. But I'll see how they do in the classics. I also threw in Lightning with the Partisan, maybe I'll swap out for Fang at some point but Lightning's at level 80 so she has more of a pressing use to me at the moment. Though now that I think about it, Dragoon abilities are ranged so Fang can still put in work with the Spear despite it being a front-row weapon... hmm.

Man, I can't wait to see whose SBs I'm mastering next Sunday. Might be a whole mess of stuff.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Half off pull netted me a FF3 Moonring blade for Refia. Sure, okay. As well I got my 2nd FFT Platinum sword. Two good weapons for FFT is nice. I didn't really have much for FF3 either so that's something too. Sure, worth 25 mythril at least. :)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

Now that I'm thinking about it, my primary team for FF13 is sort of hybrid leaning towards Mage, so the Sirius Sidearms are actually a pretty solid boon (ha) to it. But it also conflicts with Vanille's Protect-granting Medica, so I'd probably throw in someone different unless I wanted to do a Cid Mission.

It doesn't conflict, per se - it's a redundancy, sure, but that just means you have double the reason to never pack Protectga. Oerba's Boon is still a medica, and Godsend is still a High Regen + Faithga.

It's not like how Shout conflicts with War Dance; in that case you end up having to choose between a weaker Boostga and medica or a stronger Boostga and Hastega. Running both just has the weaker overlapping the stronger any time you try to heal.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I redownloaded this after about a six-month break. What'd I miss, and what's coming up that's interesting?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Well, at least I got XIII armor and a bit more III synergy.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
My good luck continues in FFRK. I can swim in all these relics. Got a nice 5/11 on the half-off pull tonight.

I truly am the most all American FFRK Player. ALL THE GUNS. All of them...except not.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Refia's Rising Sun for my 1/11. Sure, I'll take it. The character or soul break aren't all that exciting, but I needed FF3 synergy and that's what I got. :toot:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
All I got was Vanille's medica that restores an ability charge.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lucky pull is lucky. First pull since banner one of BSB fest and I got Mustard's gun, his vest, and Lust Dagger for Luneth.

Tactics was already my strongest realm, but now it's ridiculous. Luneth's dagger, on the other hand, is my first FF3 relic.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kemix posted:

My good luck continues in FFRK. I can swim in all these relics. Got a nice 5/11 on the half-off pull tonight.

I truly am the most all American FFRK Player. ALL THE GUNS. All of them...except not.

We all hate you. You're the reason my relic pull rate has actually dropped since guaranteed 5*.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got two Vanille weapons from the lucky draw, but I don't actually have Vanille. Is she going to available from an event any time soon, or should I just use a soul?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Fister Roboto posted:

I got two Vanille weapons from the lucky draw, but I don't actually have Vanille. Is she going to available from an event any time soon, or should I just use a soul?

Next XIII event will have Vanille, her MC1 and a reissue of her MC2. It should happen mid November.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

3/11 for a Lust Blade, Sirius Sidearms and another Iga Blade.

Certainly makes the idea of throwing my Global MC3 at Luneth a bit more appealing, if nothing else.

Edit: Oh hey, JP Lucky literally just dropped too, let's see what I get there . . .

Oh gently caress yeah, Shield Bashing everything into oblivion for me! :dance:

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 12, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Schwartzcough posted:

We all hate you. You're the reason my relic pull rate has actually dropped since guaranteed 5*.

Now you feel zoidberg's Kemix's pain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay, lucky draw, let's just get you giving me a generic 5* out of the way so we can all go home.

...well. Alright then! If you say so. Guess I'm not running Fires of War anymore.

• Locked thread