Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I would like for them to invent another day off the week and fill it with a 5 pip mod challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So it's probably obvious but it wasn't obvious to me until today.... Palpatine owns for p1/p2. His basic prevents the boss from getting turn meter back, and shock isn't dispelled in p2 so you always have a debuff keeping the armor down. I finished p1 with 8 turns till enrage today because offense up was almost always up from palps 3rd...

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Have they said which day this week they're raising the level cap? I'm getting antsy not spending any credits.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Thursday is most likely.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ah well, I guess I can hold out for a few more days. I just realized I'll be able to 7* STH after the arena reset tonight, so that'll be a million I need to make up anyhow. Of course, getting him to 7* should get me to the last tier of the credit heist so should pay for itself.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

So it's probably obvious but it wasn't obvious to me until today.... Palpatine owns for p1/p2. His basic prevents the boss from getting turn meter back, and shock isn't dispelled in p2 so you always have a debuff keeping the armor down. I finished p1 with 8 turns till enrage today because offense up was almost always up from palps 3rd...

When I tried this, I saw him still gaining TM. I will test it again.

Wintermutant posted:

Have they said which day this week they're raising the level cap? I'm getting antsy not spending any credits.

I'm hearing rumors that the patch will drop today. I'm holding off on turning in challenges until the end of each day regardless.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

When I tried this, I saw him still gaining TM. I will test it again.

It was way different than having Rey there. It may be just my memory vs the double and triple hits but I'm mostly sure you can test it with fives omega double tap.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

It was way different than having Rey there. It may be just my memory vs the double and triple hits but I'm mostly sure you can test it with fives omega double tap.

As long as this unit isn't Toppled, it has +50% Tenacity, +1 Bonus Action (with a 50% chance to gain an additional Bonus Action each turn), and gains 5% Turn Meter whenever it takes damage. In addition, it takes reduced damage from Percent Health damage effects, its Turn Meter gain effects can't be prevented, and it's immune to Stun, Ability Block, Health Down, Cooldown increase, and massive damage effects.

Not sure about Captain though

e: I think Captain is the same. Also, unless I'm misinterpreting something, if you shock him, he'll take damage twice, so he'll gain TM twice.

All that said, if you've got him locked down with Teebo/QGJ, it doesn't really matter that much.

So...uh...who wants to see a sickening arena team? No one? Cool.

https://swgoh.gg/u/maraxus/

P.S. Look at Palp's speed

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 11, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
UPDATE

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/71511/game-update-10-11-2016/p1?new=1

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
MAL SPOTTED

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Well, if Mal ever gets tired of Team Lnstinct, IGD now has a spot free. If anyone has at least one 7* character (so you can get in on raids), let us know.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, it's just the player level cap going up, not the characters'?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Wintermutant posted:

Wait, it's just the player level cap going up, not the characters'?

when you level up as a player, the cap goes up for your characters

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ah okay, thanks

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

MAL SPOTTED

Yup. They're actually not bad people. And they give out MK6 Syringes :D. Dunno if I'll stick it out much past the ATAT raid.

e: P.S. I'm fairly far down in their guilds -- so most of the people in "my" guild are dolphins, with a couple whales. Also, they have some kind of direct line in with CG, cause they know more than they should. They communicate everything to everyone in all their guilds.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 12, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Does anyone on Android have problems with disabling notifications? I must have disabled them like 5 times now but they seem to mysteriously re-enable themselves, with sound included even when the phone volume is muted.

Malgrin posted:

e: P.S. I'm fairly far down in their guilds -- so most of the people in "my" guild are dolphins, with a couple whales. Also, they have some kind of direct line in with CG, cause they know more than they should. They communicate everything to everyone in all their guilds.

Ah, so thatīs how you learned of the patch dropping yesterday :) Do share more !

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Any list of what shards are in new cantina/light/dark data Mined?.

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006
Still looking for a guild invite:
756-369-861 lewkwarm

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Does anyone on Android have problems with disabling notifications? I must have disabled them like 5 times now but they seem to mysteriously re-enable themselves, with sound included even when the phone volume is muted.

Ah, so thatīs how you learned of the patch dropping yesterday :) Do share more !

I had this happen a couple times, but it's been awhile.

I intend to share anything and everything of value :getin:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

The Drifter posted:

Still looking for a guild invite:
756-369-861 lewkwarm

Does QGJ have an open spot for this goon?

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Yup. They're actually not bad people. And they give out MK6 Syringes :D. Dunno if I'll stick it out much past the ATAT raid.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

FYI you can turn off the announcement spam in chat by going to options (cog in the top left of the main screen), "Guild Settings" and turn off announcements. You'll still get the "raid launched" etc stuff that we had before the new announcements.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Vodos posted:

FYI you can turn off the announcement spam in chat by going to options (cog in the top left of the main screen), "Guild Settings" and turn off announcements. You'll still get the "raid launched" etc stuff that we had before the new announcements.

lol if you don't look forward to *rando guildie got a rare mod*

Also, time to hit 85:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
And also here is the cost to level guys:

code:
Lvl    XP            Cost in credits
81     42,000        298,200  
82     44,000        312,400 
83     46,000        326,600  
84     48,000        340,800 
85     50,000        355,000

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Also, time to hit 85:

50 days, drat.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Also, time to hit 85:

I think what I've taken from this is that if you have extra crystals, spend them on 50/50/100/100/100 and 100/100 until you hit 81, then slow it down. You get access to next level gear challenges at level 81. Don't know what those are yet, but they will probably have some good gear drops in there.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
lol

https://twitter.com/kenbone18/status/786435288100777984

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
As someone brand new, is STH still my first go to for arena rewards?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

I would say yes, STH is still great.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

STH and Lando will change your life

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Trying to build a Rebel squad.

Right now I'm working towards:

Tank - STH
Leader - Ackbar
DPS - Lando
DPS - Luke
DPS - Biggs

I need a healer and I don't think a Rebel healer exists so I'm confused as to how to make this work.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Wirth1000 posted:

Trying to build a Rebel squad.

Right now I'm working towards:

Tank - STH
Leader - Ackbar
DPS - Lando
DPS - Luke
DPS - Biggs

I need a healer and I don't think a Rebel healer exists so I'm confused as to how to make this work.

Ackbar has a little bit of healing.

Also Wedge will do much better than Luke if you can get him.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Wedge lead also has healing. You should definitely use Wedge instead of Luke. Biggs+Wedge (Wiggs) is incredible synergy. It's one of the strongest things in the game right now.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Is it worth it to still grind up Luke to lead in Arena versus Palpatine?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

Is it worth it to still grind up Luke to lead in Arena versus Palpatine?

No. The formula for resisting is max(tenacity-potency,15%)

As lead, Palp will have 80-100% potency. In order to have a better chance to resist him, you need 16% more tenacity than that. With tenacity mods, it's possible, but you are better off investing in speed mods so you can stun him instead.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

No. The formula for resisting is max(tenacity-potency,15%)

As lead, Palp will have 80-100% potency. In order to have a better chance to resist him, you need 16% more tenacity than that. With tenacity mods, it's possible, but you are better off investing in speed mods so you can stun him instead.

With Luke's +45 tenacity that is actually not that hard to get. But it's poo poo for any other team besides a 88 lead or stun teams. It is "usable" but you would have to build it on a team of fatties or counter attackers to get any real use from it. I ran into a luke lead with b2, ani, fives and I don't remember who but it was a pretty mean rear end team to fight, nothing stuck to any of them even the rancor had less resists.

Come back to the dark side the guild mal, you know we are more fun.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

xyigx posted:

Come back to the dark side the guild mal, you know we are more fun.
You can laugh every time someone gears up Cad Bane!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Karzon posted:

You can laugh every time someone gears up Cad Bane!

Not sure mal could laugh he has/had a better cad bane than I did lol

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

xyigx posted:

Not sure mal could laugh he has/had a better cad bane than I did lol

Cad Bane was a cheap way to help out the scoundral event before you'd mod up 88 IMO. I'm not sorry I did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Not sure if any of the guilds have spots open for a new but active player but here's my code if so - 819-325-583