Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

How much does the Ghoul Pharah stick out in the sky? It was in my free box and I love purple and Pharah but taking the skies when I'm glowing purple seems more suicidal than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

teagone posted:

Got all the brawl cheevos. Does Hard level give you more XP?

Nice. I couldn't get the Hard mode win or Door Damage one, but going to give it a shot today. For those that have beat it on hard, did you find ideal/best spots for certain heroes, like top left for McCree? I tried right side rear on top for Ana, but it puts her pretty far from McCree, so I was thinking up by him while still having view of the others, but whenever Junk is spamming and two people are close to each other, it ends up going badly. Also LFG for anyone that wants to try for those achievements today and doesn't mind playing the mode a few hours until we get it, if it takes us that long. I'll be on after 1pm ET and on Discord.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This update is awesome. I can't wait to see what happens at Christmas.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How much does the Ghoul Pharah stick out in the sky? It was in my free box and I love purple and Pharah but taking the skies when I'm glowing purple seems more suicidal than usual.

If the enemy team is going to notice/ignore you, it is completely independent of what skin you have on.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Few pages back about phantom inputs... I'm having the opposite problem, my inputs are not working. I played a few games Mei and Roadhog and was having problems using Mei's M2 and both of Hog's attacks. I also died many times to Reaper's ult as Mei because my ice block didn't work. I'm trained to press shift as soon as I hear him start saying the first die. It's been a very long time since I've died to it as Mei and last night I died to every Reaper ult. I thought I was simply to tired to play well but maybe there is something funky happening.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dead D.va Doritos

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ehud posted:

It'll probably be focused on Mei which is either extremely good or extremely bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

It'll probably be focused on Mei which is either extremely good or extremely good

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I played mostly brawl last night and my game would randomly throw piss jars as Ana at least once a match.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

cosmicjim posted:

I played mostly brawl last night and my game would randomly throw piss jars as Ana at least once a match.

Yeah, it happened to me too. And then playing Mercy on QP my rezzes wouldn't go off immediately, it would take a solid second between me pressing Q and the rez actually popping up. No idea what's going on, but at least I'm glad it's not just me. :v:

Did we get patch notes yet? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Help Im Alive posted:

It'll probably be focused on Mei which is either extremely good or extremely bad

I hope you get to pick any 6 characters you want and you have to fight one 200ft tall Mei

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

Did we get patch notes yet? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Yup, you should see them on the launcher. You can find them here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749875377

Routah
Feb 6, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

Apparently a known bug http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749665837#post-8.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup, you should see them on the launcher. You can find them here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749875377

Ah, cheers. I didn't see them last night but maybe it's just because I needed to restart the launcher.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Kashuno posted:

I haven't gotten a single Halloween skin out of 7 boxes :(

e: I bought reap with blizzardbux though and there are honest to God candles on top of his shotguns, and if you stand near someone metallic (like Reinhardt) they reflect on him :fap:

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 12, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

They recorded a perfectly good new line for Mercy when she's introduced in the brawl and don't use it on the witch skin as an alternate ult line. What a waste.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Most pressing and important concern now fixed

quote:

Fixed a bug preventing any non-default sprays from appearing during the Play of the Game

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They recorded a perfectly good new line for Mercy when she's introduced in the brawl and don't use it on the witch skin as an alternate ult line. What a waste.

The important thing is that Mercy got a drat good skin finally.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thor-Stryker posted:

This is true. Her skins were not good at all before.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Thor-Stryker posted:

Same goes for 76, even if it is a recolor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mercy never had any bad skins. soldier also had some great ones already too

Help Im Alive posted:

I expect voslkaya to get a christmas themed reskin

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Got the skins for:

-Mercy
-Soldier76
-Hanjo
-Reinhardt

Got some voice lines too but not much else.

What's the trick to hard mode brawl? Of the 5-6 runs I gave it last night I never made it past Reaper's second appearance. My entire team would go down one by one or get group smashed by his ult.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I need to play more. drat you work and wife. I need to hit 100 so I can get boxes faster :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LCL-Dead posted:

What's the trick to hard mode brawl? Of the 5-6 runs I gave it last night I never made it past Reaper's second appearance. My entire team would go down one by one or get group smashed by his ult.

deadeye can kill reaper from full health. nanoboost the mccree so it happens faster and don't shoot the reaper so he doesn't wraith out of it. take out the long range guys that can focus down your mccree instead

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Witch mercy :stare:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Kashuno posted:

This is true. Her skins were not good at all before.

Hey man, Witch Mercy is the first skin with a uniform reason to have a staff (because it's a witch's broom.) Valkyrie are supposed to be sword and board and the Devil don't need no staff so this skin is on point.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Is it using your MMR to match still in brawl? I'm assuming it does, and, also, it explains a lot.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thor-Stryker posted:

Hey man, Witch Mercy is the first skin with a uniform reason to have a staff (because it's a witch's broom.) Valkyrie are supposed to be sword and board and the Devil don't need no staff so this skin is on point.

I am agreeing with you?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm actually surprised the menu shot of Witch Mercy resting on her broom isn't an emote.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Thor-Stryker posted:

Devil / Imp should have had a pitchfork

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

First legendary skin out of my Halloween packs was the Nevermore Reaper which wasn't what I was anticipating but was also arguably seasonal.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Gloryhold It! posted:

Devil / Imp should have had a pitchfork

Valkyrie should be a spear

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ehud posted:

The Christmas event will suck because Christmas sucks. The Halloween event rules because Halloween rules.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
My first legendary. I had a sweet 5 man res on Hanamura B attack that won the round. We lost in OT and my skill rating went down. But it's nice to be appreciated.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just out of curiosity, what hero was the 6th player? Sucks to get all the cards and not win. Almost seems like you didn't have enough DPS.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Don't really remember, they were switching around. Reason we lost was we got easily rushed out of point A both times after a D.va got behind us. I warned them to keep an eye on the window at all times and not let her through again. Their solution was to put a Torb turret in front of it. :shrug:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Do any of you nerds know who in particular benefits the most out of Mercy's damage boost? I know it really depends on how effective the player is. Junkrat and Phara seem like they would be up there, since their attacks have splash and the damage actually gets boosted the second you start the damage boost stream (so any projectiles in midair at the time are also instantly buffed in damage as well). I was thinking of projectiles where it would shave off exactly one shot from a body hit to kill an enemy.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm jumping into Season 2 for the first time.... Finished half of my placement matches so far. I seem to remember that Season 1 favored the dps characters over the support roles when it came to placement. Is that still the case, or have they adjusted the criteria?

Just curious if I should slam pick the attack characters for my final 5 matches, or if I can stay swing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Panfilo posted:

Do any of you nerds know who in particular benefits the most out of Mercy's damage boost? I know it really depends on how effective the player is. Junkrat and Phara seem like they would be up there, since their attacks have splash and the damage actually gets boosted the second you start the damage boost stream (so any projectiles in midair at the time are also instantly buffed in damage as well). I was thinking of projectiles where it would shave off exactly one shot from a body hit to kill an enemy.

Well, anyone can benefit from a damage boost, but it's mostly situational. You're not gonna follow a jumping Winston into the enemy team to boost him, but if he's chasing a Genji off your back you want to make sure that Genji dies.

If you have a Hog on your team try to learn to keep an eye on his hooks so you reflex-boost him to make sure he lands the kill with the shotgun blast; a Reinhardt in hammer range of the enemy is going to be a huge menace and a boosted 100% charge Zarya is... hooley dooley. Speaking of hooley dooley, boost your junkrat while he ults, you can usually find him and make it in time in the time it takes the wheel to explode.

/fake edit: I tend to boost a lot with Mercy; I've seen a lot of people start off by boosting junkrat, stop boosting as soon as the bullets start flying and just sticking to healing even if their team isn't in immediate danger. Why keep healing that topped off Reinhardt when you can be boosting the Soldier right next to you shooting at the enemy team? I try to keep boosting until I see someone reach that "one hit kill spot" at around ~120 health, then switch to topping off that person and just going back to boosting.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Does anyone want to group to do the brawl on PS4 and try to get the normal achievement? Perhaps even use the forboden technoscience of vocal communication?

Note: You might have to carry me. I generally am getting mostly golds but am at a very low MMR.

Rick fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 12, 2016