Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I hope the yellow 5 o' clock shodow turns out to be candy and Grimer's been stealing candy from people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
It's honey - calling it now!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Alolan Grimer is cool and good.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Birthday Oral posted:

It's honey - calling it now!

Honey the most evil of treats.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Drapion has never felt good to use for me so im glad to see muk get in on that dope typing

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Why is everyone forgetting Skuntank

:(

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zore posted:

Why is everyone forgetting Skuntank

:(

Skuntank is cool for a skunk.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Golden Goat posted:

Honey the most evil of treats.

I never managed to attract a Munchlax in Platinum so this rings true.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Drapion has never felt good to use for me so im glad to see muk get in on that dope typing

I agree with this assessment, even although this sounds like you're giving Skuntank the stink eye :v:
e;f,b

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 12, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

absolutely anything posted:

the toxic waste is very different in hawaii

if you fall into the ala wai canal with an open wound, you will get like twenty simultaneous infections and inevitably die. this happens to drunken brawlers at least once a year.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

I never managed to attract a Munchlax in Platinum so this rings true.
It's what makes Winnie the Pooh such a jerk too

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I just noticed that Alolan Grimer now has teeth.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I want to say its new lips are something fruit-related.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's a cool racing stripe and it got 100 more speed

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

That's just a shiny Grimer that put on make-up and who really enjoyed the song "My Two Front Teeth"

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...
Maybe it's a lure?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Grimer with teeth, huh....

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's not teeth, it's two garlic bulbs.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Grimer's cool, but I really want totally new Pokémon more. I hope XY didn't set the precedent that we'll only be getting like ~70 new Pokémon per generation with forms and Mega-Evolutions filling in the gaps. I like the forms and Megas, but I want to use 100% brand new dudes, at least on my first playthrough.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ruggington posted:

it's a cool racing stripe and it got 100 more speed
I never thought about this but are the forms gonna get different stats? Those gen 1 stat totals are pretty bad

Reinanigans posted:

Grimer's cool, but I really want totally new Pokémon more. I hope XY didn't set the precedent that we'll only be getting like ~70 new Pokémon per generation with forms and Mega-Evolutions filling in the gaps. I like the forms and Megas, but I want to use 100% brand new dudes, at least on my first playthrough.

I kinda like it, at some point if they didn't do this you'd have like 2000 pokemon with 1800 of them being completely forgettable stuff you never see past the first hour of starting the game

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Guy Fieri is looking good these days.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I shall call him Glob Fieri

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm theming my team in this game after My Hero Academia, so if I end up using Alolan Grimer I'll name it Mina Ashido

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm theming my team in this game after My Hero Academia, so if I end up using Alolan Grimer I'll name it Mina Ashido

Better hope that Pansage is around to be Deku, and Emboar is around to be Endeavor.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

alola grimer is the new ben and jerrys flavor mocha mud with a pineapple stripe

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Dexie posted:

Poison/Dark is pretty lazy tbh and if you're going to make an Alola Grimer there's a ton of more interesting ways to do it.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed because it has the most potential for a creative change. A lava form would make sense and it would own. But it's just another Gen 1 with dark type slapped onto it.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
If it is dark and poison it at least makes it a fairly good defensive combo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I never thought about this but are the forms gonna get different stats? Those gen 1 stat totals are pretty bad

they confirmed on the site that alolan sandslash is slower than regular sandslash but who knows how much they're actually going to change

on typing alone ninetales will probably be at least decent

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I kinda like it, at some point if they didn't do this you'd have like 2000 pokemon with 1800 of them being completely forgettable stuff you never see past the first hour of starting the game

i don't forget any pokemon

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
not even...smoochum?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do we know yet ifAlolan forms will count as separate Pokémon, or not? I want to train an Alolan Muk named Valdez to join my existing Muk, Exxon.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The preview embargo for Sun & Moon is up today, so here are a few impressions:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/hands_on_checking_out_a_new_generation_in_pokemon_sun_and_moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc5S2NTbX8M

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-11-two-hours-with-pokemon-sun-and-moon

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2016/10/preview-exploring-a-tropical-paradise-in-pokemon-sun-and-moon/

http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/12/pokemon-sun-moon-hands-on-a-potent-and-timely-reminder-that-pokemon-is-so-much-more-than-go/

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey for all y'all who don't have access to a GameStop to score a Volcanion I have at least one extra code (can probably snatch a few more today)

Ideally, I would like to exchange it for one of the three remaining Pokémon I need for my living dex:
Celebi
Victini
Diancie

But worst case I'll just let it go

But uh if you'd be willing to trade off one of those 'mons for the code that'd be rad. Shoot me a pm and we can put something together maybe tonight.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Oh man the in battle bottom screen stuff looks and sounds awesome. On the fly checking stat boosts and seeing type effectiveness? Yesssss.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MissileWaster posted:

Oh man the in battle bottom screen stuff looks and sounds awesome. On the fly checking stat boosts and seeing type effectiveness? Yesssss.

Don't forget move descriptions~

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Don't forget move descriptions~

That's been a feature for a while, but this is the first time they really tell you in-game how to actually access it. Which is, yeah, they should do that.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Alxprit posted:

That's been a feature for a while, but this is the first time they really tell you in-game how to actually access it. Which is, yeah, they should do that.

I thought they told you about it in Gen 5 somewhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Wait, what? I could've checked my moves without going to the switch pokemon menu?? :psyduck:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Golden Goat posted:

Poison/Dark is cool
He's only weak to ground now, right?

Also look at him, he's got Teeth!

He's cute

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You held L while selecting a move. I was always afraid it wouldn't register and I'd accidentally use it. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're not teeth these are pieces of corn.