Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
When Bill was president the republicans had this whole loving meme (which went pretty mainstream) that Hillary was the real power behind the throne and everything he did as president was actually her, which was I guess really particularly horrifying because how dare a woman do things. You might want to argue that of course it would be bad if the government's decisions were being made by someone who was never elected and held no official position, but I absolutely promise you that even though I was only a kid at the time even I could clearly tell that the Real Problem was that A Woman Was Bossy And Had Opinions In Front Of Men. Anyway since she was responsible for everything he did while he was president (in this delusional view), of course she's still responsible for everything he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh so they're unironically believe a sitcom trope of "The woman is the true power in the household (and only the household, don't be silly) and in marriage". Thought those "Fat husband, hot wife" type shows died awhile ago and their beliefs along with it.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Never heard of CBS huh? I don't blame you, I too am under 65.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah the fat husband, hot wife has been a staple of major network comedies for like 30+ years now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, CBS' new Kevin James show is literally that exact formula.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

So then really all of Trump's rhetoric comes from Melania?!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

Then again, Trump is in the WWE Hall of Fame. Is Hillary in the WWE Hall of Fame? Didn't think so. CHECKMATE, LIEBERALS.

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 10:04 on Oct 12, 2016

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Munchables posted:

So then really all of Trump's rhetoric comes from Melania?!

No, see, Hillary Clinton is a feminazi Demonrat, which is why she's the evil woman who wears the pants in her relationship against the will of the Lord Jesus. All left-leaning "men" are weak sissies anyway, you know. Since Trump's on The Right, and also he is a strong masculine alpha, HIS women know their place, of course.

source: I live in Texas and our local newspaper allows folks to leave comments with this kind of helpful info

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

InediblePenguin posted:

When Bill was president the republicans had this whole loving meme (which went pretty mainstream) that Hillary was the real power behind the throne and everything he did as president was actually her, which was I guess really particularly horrifying because how dare a woman do things. You might want to argue that of course it would be bad if the government's decisions were being made by someone who was never elected and held no official position, but I absolutely promise you that even though I was only a kid at the time even I could clearly tell that the Real Problem was that A Woman Was Bossy And Had Opinions In Front Of Men. Anyway since she was responsible for everything he did while he was president (in this delusional view), of course she's still responsible for everything he did

It's not social media but I've always enjoyed this little factoid:

quote:

President Wilson suffered a severe stroke in October 1919. Edith Wilson began to screen all matters of state and decided which were important enough to bring to the bedridden president. In doing so, she de facto ran the executive branch of the government for the remainder of the president's second term, until March 1921. She was the first First Lady to assume presidential functions.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's not social media but I've always enjoyed this little factoid:

the first first lady got people killed killed

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

InediblePenguin posted:

Where this came from was that she campaigned for/with him. The expectation at the time of course was that a prospective First Lady would just be passively in the background, and maybe would take a softball question once in a while about being a housewife or something. Hillary not fitting into that mold drove people out of their minds; clearly she was a shrieking controlling harpy and soft-spoken Bill was just along for the ride.

Hell, I remember SNL of all things doing that joke:

quote:

Beverly Timko: Uh -- uh -- I heard that -- I heard you gave a recipe for cookies on the "Today" show, and I missed the ingredients, and I was just wondering if you could give them to me.

Hillary Clinton: [ cheerily ] Well, Beverly, I would love to! It's a cookie I make for Chelsea and Bill --

Bill Clinton: Take it from me, they're great!

[ they laugh ]

Hillary Clinton: Thank you! I call them Chewy Chocolate Chip. It's very basic: a cup of flour, teaspoon of soda, teaspoon of salt, a cup of unsalted butter, a cup of sugar, a cup of brown sugar, two eggs, and a 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips. Nuts are optional!

Ted Koppel: Ma'am, I trust her answer was satisfactory?

Beverly Timko: Actually... no.

[ Hillary frowns ]

Ted Koppel: In what way was it unsatisfactory?

Beverly Timko: Well, uh -- she didn't really say what the ingredients were to the cookies.

Ted Koppel: I believe that she did.

Beverly Timko: Well... she didn't say anything about butter.

Ted Koppel: She did mention one cup of unsalted butter.

Beverly Timko: Well, if you say she did, she did -- but I know what I heard.

Bill Clinton: Uh, Ted, in all fairness to the lady, maybe it is Hillary's fault.

Hillary Clinton: [ fuming ] No! No!

Bill Clinton: I'm just saying that, sometimes you can get so specific in giving the recipe, that the overall vision of the cookie is lost.

Hillary Clinton: No. No, no, no, no. I said butter! Ted?

Ted Koppel: She did say butter.

Beverly Timko: Whatever. She did not answer my question. Thank you. [ she steps away ]

Hillary Clinton: Well! Would you like me to talk slower? Maybe I could draw PICTURES!!

Bill Clinton: Alright, let it go...

Hillary Clinton: Go ahead -- don't vote for him! I'll be fine! I have a job! I'M A LAWYER!!

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/92/92anightline.phtml

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Over the past eight years we've seen the same poo poo with Michelle Obama, but multiplied by a thousand because she's an intelligent, successful black woman. Her very existence infuriates these shitheads.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

I always enjoyed watching idiots share memes about Michelle Obama supposedly behaving in a manner unbecoming of a first lady, when her predecessor killed a guy.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That's pretty lightweight compared to a lot of things I've seen that either get really racist (e.g. Call her a "Wookiee") or suggest she's trans.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

I always enjoyed watching idiots share memes about Michelle Obama supposedly behaving in a manner unbecoming of a first lady, when her predecessor killed a guy.

Or that their favorite was the blowjob queen of LA.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have a good one for you guys today. Sorry for the MSpaint hatchet job. This one works well on all levels, and is IOSM in many directions, but I apologize that the colours and posters aren't consistent.

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
"Stop throwing judgement you stupid idiot gently caress sheeple!"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I hope blue really does vaccinate her children

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My favourite part of the whole thing is that the OP's rebuttal to centuries of verified and replicated scientific inquiry and the success of several international health initiatives is to post a macro image of a muppet.

Checkmate, sheeple :smug:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Not many people in developed countries die of measles anymore? hmm i wonder why that could be

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

So, I understand that Hillary is pretty much farther right than most people want in a democrat, but what the gently caress is people's problem with her? She gets so much loving hate and I don't really get why she's called a crazy person when she doesn't seem all that different than a typical politician, does it literally stem from being a woman? Seriously, how do people think she's actually worse than Trump?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Elblanco posted:

So, I understand that Hillary is pretty much farther right than most people want in a democrat, but what the gently caress is people's problem with her? She gets so much loving hate and I don't really get why she's called a crazy person when she doesn't seem all that different than a typical politician, does it literally stem from being a woman? Seriously, how do people think she's actually worse than Trump?

She wasn't Barbara Bush when her husband was president, and the Rs have been trying to find her Achilles heel ever since. You keep yelling about how terrible a person is for thirty years, and a lot of people start believing it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Anti-vaxxers out in force today. This time, they're appealing to the intellectual authority of Rob Schneider.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Does blue there actually think that in the US, kids are just vaccinated secretly without parents knowing, or what? :v:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Gloomy Rube posted:

Does blue there actually think that in the US, kids are just vaccinated secretly without parents knowing, or what? :v:

Nah, the doctors hold you down and make you watch as they impale the screaming child on giant autism syringes.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Elblanco posted:

Please watch this short, neutral documentary on the subject to help you understand.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Anti-vaxxers out in force today. This time, they're appealing to the intellectual authority of Rob Schneider.

"I thought this guy was an idiot but wow he totally agrees with me, so he must be smart!" - The way an idiot thinks

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't this whole thing be dealt a mortal blow by finding some autistic dude who wasn't vaccinated?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Data Graham posted:

Can't this whole thing be dealt a mortal blow by finding some autistic dude who wasn't vaccinated?

Hello

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Nope, then it was the chemtrails/evil chemicals and toxins/satan

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

more like old Hillary is a woman, and thus cannot be trusted with political power in America. If we lived in a logical culture that endorsed masculine objectivity, then I wouldn't mind a female leader. However, American culture creates a truly horrible brand of female. less

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This post came from somebody on my friends list that is aggressively politically ignorant and I was surprised that it was well, actually pretty good. That RPG simile qualifies it for this thread though I think. :allears:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Everyone I've seen who's supporting Jill Stein seems to be a completely politically illiterate liberal who thinks that they're formenting a new revolution, and that they can all band together to tear down the two-party system if everyone would just vote for their candidate.

When I point out that historically only one third-party candidate ever made 2nd place and only 54 have gotten more than 1% of the vote in American history (and that so many people don't vote at all that their protest is indistinguishable from someone just not showing up), they tend to just stop paying attention because you're making them uncomfortable.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

chitoryu12 posted:

Everyone I've seen who's supporting Jill Stein seems to be a completely politically illiterate liberal who thinks that they're formenting a new revolution, and that they can all band together to tear down the two-party system if everyone would just vote for their candidate.

When I point out that historically only one third-party candidate ever made 2nd place and only 54 have gotten more than 1% of the vote in American history (and that so many people don't vote at all that their protest is indistinguishable from someone just not showing up), they tend to just stop paying attention because you're making them uncomfortable.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The biggest obstacle is probably that only something like 40-60% of the population votes in any given election. When half the country is just refusing to get up and vote, you're not gonna have much luck finding more than a handful of supporters.

Why don't we have mandatory voting?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

The biggest obstacle is probably that only something like 40-60% of the population votes in any given election. When half the country is just refusing to get up and vote, you're not gonna have much luck finding more than a handful of supporters.

let's be honest do you really trust most of the population with making a good choice

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

chitoryu12 posted:

Man do you want interment camps for refugees on American Samoa, Australia-style?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

They'll find a way around it.

https://www.facebook.com/TAVSofficial/

This page has some plum examples of Anti-vaxx IoSM.

Some of it is pretty damned depressing though :smith:

SUPER POWERS and 'Not sure about Nano-tech but who knows lol amirite'

Rondette has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
"I can't wait until this world is covered in water."