Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Cat, why are you telling me to make my move on someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

She's spent too much time around Dorothee.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Phew, finished up my new game + run.

With Rean now having refused recruitment offers from both the Bracer's Guild and the Gralsritter, I wonder if Ouroboros might not take a crack at signing him up in III. If they're involved in whatever's happening with Zephyr's old boss they could even throw in a 'hey we can totally resurrect that Crow guy for ya' too.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

End of SC Chapter 5 was pretty awesome. Ragnard is a cool dragon (that fight was surprisingly easy), I liked the scene at Mischa's grave with Loewe and Agate.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, Chapter 5 is pretty awesome with some very cool emotional scenes. Chapter 6 will blow them away.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

End of SC Chapter 5 was pretty awesome.

It's going to get better. and then maybe dip a bit But then everything gets awesome again.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chapters 6 and 8 of Sky SC are basically my favorite thing in any JRPG. :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trails of girl steel

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
So, after going through CS2, am I the only one who thought that (CS2 enforcer speculation, dialogue from events up to the finale)Loewe probably went with Weissman just so that he could spend a few weeks without having of couple of crazy colleagues pester him for a duel every day ?

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 6, 2016

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I really want a Trails game where the party is mostly comprised of Grail Knights.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I wonder if they even work together ever. Though guess they could still do a grail knight game that's just hopping between different perspectives.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I really want a Trails game where the party is mostly comprised of Grail Knights.

You'll like Trails in the Sky 3rd.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I also want this, luckily it's coming out early 2017!

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Death Priest posted:

So, after going through CS2, am I the only one who thought that (CS2 enforcer speculation, dialogue from events up to the finale)Loewe probably went with Weissman just so that he could spend a few weeks without having of couple of crazy colleagues pester him for a duel every day ?

Who knows. One thing I did wonder during that scene in Aurochs Canyon was if Loewe threw that one fight just so Duvalie would leave him alone already. Or maybe he felt sorry for her after beating her 99 times. That's some serious perseverance right there.

That said, I was kinda disappointed McBurn mispronounced his name. (Bleublanc kinda mispronounced his own name too, but it was less Obvious)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 7, 2016

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Just finished this game (and I do mean actually finished, not just the 'finale') and man, was that a long game. Much as I enjoyed the epilogue, I felt it was a little too long for its own good. CS1 was similarly structured, I suppose, but it had the benefit of a whole bunch of 'holy crap' plot revelations and such to help fill out the whole epilogue portion a bit, whereas CS2 was more just the old schoolhouse going bananas again because it probably feels obligated to at this point, and Class VII kinda going 'Nice, one last dungeon for old times' sake!' Not entirely enough to justify its length, considering the story had already hit a climax long ago. The whole tone of the epilogue felt a bit strange as well, what with everyone headed off to their next adventures all bright and determined, and Rean just saying "Well, cool, I guess I'll still be hanging around here if you guys need me?". It was obviously intentional, since we're not exactly meant to feel happy about the fact that Rean's still the only one in the class who still has no idea what to do with his life, but I'm just not sure how I felt about the game ending on that mood.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

To me it feels a little like they're setting up the third game to have an all-new Class VII, with the graduates as quest-giving NPCs and Rean as the overworked student body president/occasional high-level ringer.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I really enjoyed everything that happened at the end there. Class VII was never going to stay together after graduation anyway, it's not how life works. The country was turned upside down and they all had skills and abilities (and dreams!) to apply elsewhere. Rean staying felt right, since he felt Thors was more his home than Ymir and he's still finding his way in life. I loved the idea that the class' collective desire to be together triggered one final mystery for them to solve, one final battle to win as a group. I found it really affecting personally.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CS1, CH6: Everything about the midnight rendevous with Claire was fantastic, including the phone call afterwards. Fie's tiny smile as it transpires is the cherry on top of it all.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

someone go the past and buy me the limited edition chinese version of ao no kiseki circa 2013 so i can get these figures, tia

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CS1 final chapter: The big bonding event is dependent on link exp, right? I keep reading posts on other boards about how the final event on Oct. 24 requires tickets, ch. 5 bonding events, and bike rides.

I've got a party member maxed out at rank 5, but I don't think I saw their ch. 5 event. Why is this so complicated?:qq:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure you just need a maxed out link

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Shinjobi posted:

CS1 final chapter: The big bonding event is dependent on link exp, right? I keep reading posts on other boards about how the final event on Oct. 24 requires tickets, ch. 5 bonding events, and bike rides.

I've got a party member maxed out at rank 5, but I don't think I saw their ch. 5 event. Why is this so complicated?:qq:

I believe it's link exp AND one of the following:

Spend time with him/her during Free Day in Chapter 6
-or-
Ask him/her to go to Imperial Capital city to pick up the Stage Costume (Bike Event)
-or-
Use at least 2 tickets on Military Academy Festival Day

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I believe it's link exp AND one of the following:

Spend time with him/her during Free Day in Chapter 6
-or-
Ask him/her to go to Imperial Capital city to pick up the Stage Costume (Bike Event)
-or-
Use at least 2 tickets on Military Academy Festival Day

This is correct, and the link xp must be at least 5250 (rank 5) except for

CS1 potential dance partners

Sara - 4400
Crow - 3500
Towa - 2000 (you can't see her link xp so you have to keep track of it by hand) also, her event is in chapter 5, not 6 like the others
Millium - 3500

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 14, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can also dance with Alfin and Elise if you don't meet the requirements for anyone else, and I believe that actually gets carried over into CS2 too.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/786964350401548288

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Couple of mechanical cold steel 2 things I've noticed on my nightmare run:

1) if a character with Force equipped kills an enemy with the first hit of the multi-hit craft (like both of Sharon's), they actually gain the kill CP from both hits - so if they were gaining 12 CP per kill, they'd get 24. Probably most abusable with Rean's Arcane Gale.

2) Tauros (x2 craft damage but slows your turns) stacks with the Domination quartz (x2 damage off first craft used in battle) and Waterfall (+10% damage for every level higher you are than the enemy, max of +100%). A double strength buffed S-Craft with this combo can oneshot everything in the game.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Finally finished SC, Chapter 7. Dungeon after dungeon was pretty meh, but man, that ending. :stare:

Have next week off so I should finish SC pretty shortly, and will start on Cold Steel 1.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Finally finished SC, Chapter 7. Dungeon after dungeon was pretty meh, but man, that ending. :stare:

Have next week off so I should finish SC pretty shortly, and will start on Cold Steel 1.

I dunno if you're using a guide for quests or not, but there's a hidden quest in Ruan in Chapter 8 that's one of the best in the game, so make sure you don't miss that one at least!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

smenj posted:

I dunno if you're using a guide for quests or not, but there's a hidden quest in Ruan in Chapter 8 that's one of the best in the game, so make sure you don't miss that one at least!

It's pretty guide posted though with the game basically going "boy, you oughta check out the academy huh huh" so it's hard to miss

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Fair, I just figured I'd mention it since it'd be a real shame to miss out on that quest.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Falcom just released a sampler for We Love Sora no Kiseki! An orchestral arrange album of FC songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6JLuP-Mkc

That version of Sophisticated Fight is next goddamn level.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat Cold Steel 1.

not sure what I enjoyed more about that ending sequence: the synchronized "Shut up, Thomas!" or just...y'know....being a Gundam.

Is that final, final, final fight harder in Nightmare? I got 99.99999999% of the enemy list completed except for those stupid rear end mines that an earlier boss spawns during battle. I figure what the hell, might as well breeze through the game at its hardest difficulty with super characters, and swing for the platinum.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zaggitz posted:

Falcom just released a sampler for We Love Sora no Kiseki! An orchestral arrange album of FC songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6JLuP-Mkc

That version of Sophisticated Fight is next goddamn level.

Oh lordy I need that in my life

Shinjobi posted:

Is that final, final, final fight harder in Nightmare? I got 99.99999999% of the enemy list completed except for those stupid rear end mines that an earlier boss spawns during battle. I figure what the hell, might as well breeze through the game at its hardest difficulty with super characters, and swing for the platinum.

It's not really that much harder. You'll level a couple more times before you get back to it. If you have any Shining Pom baits they refresh on NG+ too so you should be fine.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

someone has started translating the trails in the sky manga

http://bato.to/reader#e1a65f9f15f5ce4e

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Assumed the last playable character in SC would be Mueller, not Josette. Hate to say it but that's a pretty big let-down heh. Not really Josette's fault, though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Assumed the last playable character in SC would be Mueller, not Josette. Hate to say it but that's a pretty big let-down heh. Not really Josette's fault, though.

when you get into the Axis Pillar, go back and talk to Julia (or maybe Mueller) on the bridge and both she and Mueller join

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Just finished Cold Steel 2.

...when was I supposed to report the "last quest?" The game didn't give me an opening to do it.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Cake Attack posted:

when you get into the Axis Pillar, go back and talk to Julia (or maybe Mueller) on the bridge and both she and Mueller join

So everyone's final party is Estelle, Joshua, Olivier and Mueller, right?

Only slightly kidding.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Talking to Towa in the Reverie corridor should let you report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Just finished Cold Steel 2.

...when was I supposed to report the "last quest?" The game didn't give me an opening to do it.

Are you talking about the one where you're supposed to talk to Towa inside the final, final dungeon?