Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Some Guy TT posted:

Considering how every character in this comic looks and talks exactly the same I wouldn't be able to tell either. It took me way too long just to figure out that the short ones were supposed to be kids. That stupid tie really didn't help either. How old are they supposed to be anyway? Elementary school? Who wears ties to elementary school?

No, you'd be able to recognize this character because she's generically Asian.

Luann Comments

quote:

Brdshtt GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
It is fitting that Nancy is a ‘woman in black’ in today’s strip. In the last panel, between the look on her face and the visual metaphor of the ice cubes sinking to the bottom of the glass, it is as if Nancy is saying that if Toni messes Brad over and breaks his heart, she might end up visiting the bottom of the Pitts River.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
Here, Nancy.
Feel free to use My ‘Crenshaw’ to CUT the Umbilical with….,

quote:

luannfan1212 said, 1 day ago
People are reacting too rashly to Nancy’s comment. There is not a mother in the same situation who would not feel the same way. Especially a secret “tiger” mom. Nancy is not the Asian idea of a tiger mom, strictly regulating her children’s lives to achieve great educational and life results, but a tiger mom protecting her cubs if she feels someone who can get into the deepest part of their being, a wife, does something, I think intentionally, to hurt their hearts. Toni is never going to do that, and I remember at the time (we get so emotionally into this stupid strip -:) this whole event occurred with Toni and Brad,and Dirk, and after, that I actually disliked Nancy, and her reaction to Toni after Brad basically risked his life to protect Toni. But I realize on reflection the true drama of the moment and why a mom would and could feel that way. Her heart was hurt as was that of her her son. Those of you who have never felt that way, well all I can say is that it hurts, and I know as a father, but I could never know as a mother does. But don’t worry, GE is not building us up for that kind of thing to happen, although admittedly the drama leading up to a wedding can be major. Some commentators have said “this is just a wedding.” That is not perceptive. In a family of love where there is tremendous ownership of that love with the parents for children, and Nancy and Frank are the embodiment of that, a wedding is never “just a wedding.” Remember a mom is a tigress. She protects her young. So Nancy is just being a mom. Toni is just going to be a wife, and Brad will have her as his most important woman, but his mom will always be the tigress.

quote:

IamJayBluE said, 1 day ago
“Trigger-Nometry”
“The Switch Hitter”
“Fire And Ice” (♬)
“The Benefits Of An HVACation”
“From Teddy Bear To Momma Bear”
“Tea And Darts”
“Robin DeGroot, Princess Of Peeves”
“Sour Suite”
“An En-sure Thing”
“Her Insurance Policy”
“The Fine Line Between Summer And Winter”
Or
“Cold Comfort”

fort knox

Flying McCoys

Shoe

Dustin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Viivi & Wagner

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

:drat:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sounds like he got really lucky and became accustomed to winning the jackpot at every slot machine! What a great vacation!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Tiggum posted:

I think something's gone wrong at GoComics.
F-Minus

That would work.

I saw something like it in Japan at a cherry blossom viewing, where everyone puts blankets and tarps down at a park and gets tore up. Pizza Hut had people walking the grounds selling pizza, and even though you bring a picnic to this event, they were selling fast.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Whew! That was close. She almost dropped her pilsner.

Tiggum posted:

F-Minus

That would work.
Seriously, if you went door to door between like 6-8 with fresh pizza I bet you would sell one ever like 5th dwelling.

Mary Worth

"Can I interest you in one of my famous celery sandwiches?"

Rex Morgan MD

I'm not even sure how you make that kind of coloring error.

Secret Agent X-9

I'm frankly impressed he could type so cleanly and neatly, and do so while in no doubt a hurry to get out of there after cold-bloodedly murdering a man.

Apartment 3-G

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (September 19, 1951)

Nancy (November 3, 1943)

Gasoline Alley (August 1, 1923)

Barney Google (August 2, 1922)

Alley Oop (November 1, 1933)

Lil' Abner (March 31, 1937)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I can't help but notice the two idiots in 9CL have actually started melting into one another's faces now. Maybe they'll just suffocate already and let us be rid of them.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Peanuts (October 15, 1969)

The New Adventures of Frankie The Date Rapist!

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 11-12, 1929)

In today's Thimble Theater, we say goodbye to a beloved character. (May 1, 1930)

That's right, jerks, we're stuck with Castor for a little while longer.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

I wonder what they evolve into.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I really, really want newspaper comic readers to go read Saga now. (And I really don't think I'd let a 12 year old read it.)

Also, what's Faye reading? I see Squirrel Girl on the bed.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Endless Mike posted:

I really, really want newspaper comic readers to go read Saga now. (And I really don't think I'd let a 12 year old read it.)

I think it might be "Luba and Her Family".

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

E: sonofabitch....

Endless Mike posted:

My best guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AND Aardmania had the correct cover.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Until a few days ago when their age was mentioned I always thought they were like, 15 at least. (which now that I think about it is a good age for kids in family shows because their as old as you can get while still being stuck at home subject to kid life)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

AND Aardmania had the correct cover.

Oh yeah?

Well take this.

photo hosting

photo hosting

photo hosting

photo hosting

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oh yeah?

Well take this.

photo hosting

What is a Groucho Party? What is a Gaucho Party? Where would he have heard about chimichurri in the three word email? Who has auto correct on their work computer? If they do, why didn't they notice the obvious mistake in the subject line, of all places? What exactly was the best case scenario here? A room full of people dressed as Groucho Marx, and then back to work I guess? Why would this be blindly followed as a party theme in either case?

I don't know, Mike du Jour might beat Working Daze in terms of failing to make a joke so many different ways.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I return, and Family Circus was already posted. So.

Tina's Groove

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

This week's exhilirating Dilbert storyline

And Sunday's Foxtrot

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I forget, is sending villains off into white slavery something Modesty Blaise normally gets up to? I forget where she ranks on the alignment charts except possibly Neutral Eyelashes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Indolent Bastard posted:

E: sonofabitch....

My best guess.

Really would not let a 12 year old read it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Rand Brittain posted:

I forget, is sending villains off into white slavery something Modesty Blaise normally gets up to? I forget where she ranks on the alignment charts except possibly Neutral Eyelashes.

She and Willie used to be criminals and ran their own organization, although I believe they never murdered or dealt drugs. At some point they got out of the game and decided that being patriotic British agents was better. I think she's big on self-determination, and teaching foolish people a lesson.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is worth a pound of cure.

Working Daze is a garbage fire.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a pun, or play on words.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (December 11-12, 1929)

Kindly Old Great-Grandpa: When I was a little boy, there was nothing like the flavor of a dog's anus on your thumb on a cold December morn. If you swapped hands at the right pace, you'd be in heaven the whole way home. Dog anuses today just don't have that spiciness. You kids don't even know what you missed out on.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

I know that cat.

Outbursts of Everett True (August, 1915)

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

Banana Oil! (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (January, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (December, 1939, click for big)

Mopsy (June, 1940)

Feiffer (1969, click for big)

Jaf

Andy Capp (September, 1970, click for big)

Tweedy (September, 1970, click for big)

Is that a de Havilland Comet??

Wee Pals (October, 1970, click for big)

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (August, 2009, click for big)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Kindly Old Great-Grandpa: When I was a little boy, there was nothing like the flavor of a dog's anus on your thumb on a cold December morn. If you swapped hands at the right pace, you'd be in heaven the whole way home. Dog anuses today just don't have that spiciness. You kids don't even know what you missed out on.

"Pappy always said I was some type of snob for not trying that out on the hogs."

Pogo (October 13-14, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (July 14-17, 1955)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"Can I interest you in one of my famous celery sandwiches?"

Mary was an Art Frahm girl back in the day.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

We're not supposed, but you know what, gently caress it. I'll risk my job for you, stranger.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Savidudeosoo posted:

We're not supposed, but you know what, gently caress it. I'll risk my job for you, stranger.

In the pre-911 era, airport employees lived by an oath to suspend all rules and regulations in the name of love

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I see the colorist has made a bold new choice regarding the two stray hairs on Mark's hairline.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Hahahahahah this is the worst plea for your life ever.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Ward was a little too hard on the beaver last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Slammy posted:

Tweedy (September, 1970, click for big)

Is that a de Havilland Comet??

I think it's an early Lockheed L-188 Electra, but Comet is a possibility.

• Locked thread