Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CVagts posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but in regards to this spend $100/get $15 back promotion, I don't have to spend it all at once, right? Like I've got about ~$70 worth of stuff that I want now, but I could wait until later this month to find the rest?

Correct, as long as the amount you spend between the 4th and the 1st is equal to or greater than $100*, you're fine.

* - In the past there has been a bit of a leeway for $99.99 and $99.98-type amounts, like if you buy two $49.99 titles, but no promises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I know Trackmania Turbo was going to have VR. But is it going to be launch-day ready?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

CVagts posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but in regards to this spend $100/get $15 back promotion, I don't have to spend it all at once, right? Like I've got about ~$70 worth of stuff that I want now, but I could wait until later this month to find the rest?

Yeah, just make sure you're buying through your PSN Wallet, and you should be good.

So for example, buying a digital game code and redeeming it wouldn't count.
You can, however, add PSN credit codes to your Wallet and then use its balance. I always get the cheapest ones ($10) since you save a cent on each. :v:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

Yeah, just make sure you're buying through your PSN Wallet, and you should be good.

So for example, buying a digital game code and redeeming it wouldn't count.
You can, however, add PSN credit codes to your Wallet and then use its balance. I always get the cheapest ones ($10) since you save a cent on each. :v:

Gotcha, thanks. I'd be doing that since there's a $100 for $95 PSN card deal on Newegg today.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

CVagts posted:

Gotcha, thanks. I'd be doing that since there's a $100 for $95 PSN card deal on Newegg today.

Nice, please share the link if you don't mind. Or is it a unique emailed coupon code?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Thanks for the heads-up.

2x $50 PSN Cards for $95

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 11, 2016

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

Nice, please share the link if you don't mind. Or is it a unique emailed coupon code?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Thanks for the heads-up.

2x $50 PSN Cards for $95

Yep that's it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Feenix posted:

So I know Trackmania Turbo was going to have VR. But is it going to be launch-day ready?
Nope, googling comes up with November 8
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1265409

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Man, I almost bought Grand Kingdom the other day since Amazon has it for $30. Good timing on that, is it cross buy?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
How's that Grand Kingdom game? Do you need to play the PSP game to get what's going on?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...iscount:ps-plus

Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition is $10 with PS+

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 11, 2016

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

I heard the vanilla version saves' are incompatible so if you played the game on a rental or borrowed disc, be aware. I don't have a link to verify right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC in that game is muck but if you don't own it already that's a good price for the base game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Digital codes from Amazon don't count towards the $100, do they?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

the truth posted:

Digital codes from Amazon don't count towards the $100, do they?
Codes that add funds to your wallet which then is spent on the PSN store, yes.
Codes that add games to your account, no.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Justin_Brett posted:

How's that Grand Kingdom game? Do you need to play the PSP game to get what's going on?

grab the free demo. its a cool battle system but its essentially a mobile game and is based around grinding away at battles non stop so you might not want it on a home console.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Gann Jerrod posted:

Still tied to Infinite Warfare, you'll even need to keep the disc in the console to play it.

Ah, the bioshock Infinite treatment.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Attn: Vita and psp-havers

it is again the time of year that Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman is on sale.
please avail yourselves of it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also Media Go is being ended, so the only way to get stuff onto your PSP will be via a PS3 I guess.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

For the $100 - do preorders count this time? I mean I'm getting FF15 even if everyone says not to be

Also, I never got my stupid 20% off code for Bound and Abzu preorders and now it's too late (I tried contacting support and the queue was like an hour long)

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 12, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

For the $100 - do preorders count this time?

yes

the confusion is because for the PLAY promotion you get a coupon good for only released software so no pre orders, no plus subscriptions etc.

for these 100 bucks in a month things you get a rebate in store credit. they don't care what you buy to earn the rebate or what you put the rebate towards.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 12, 2016

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
I don't know where else to ask this, so I figured you'd have a proper answer:

Is the Division Gold Edition worth it? I might buy it but only read bad reviews, so I don't know.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Except for the Underground DLC none of its been yet released - they're putting all their efforts into fixing the base game before releasing any more content. It's a perfectly decent game on its own, as most of the problems won't be apparent till you hit the end game (which is what most of the fixes are targeting), but the value of the season pass is still in question.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I would say just buy the base game and stop playing once you finish the story and reach level 30. And hopefully they do a good job of fixing the game as they could solve the post game content woes.

Underground isn't that great so it's really up to the last two to redeem the season pass and you can probably buy those individually anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so psychonauts, worth the hype or what.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

so psychonauts, worth the hype or what.

It's a fun platformer with some cute moments and funny dialogue but don't expect anything more than that. Also if you're specifically asking about the PS2 version on PSN, it's not the best port.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gusano posted:

I don't know where else to ask this, so I figured you'd have a proper answer:

Is the Division Gold Edition worth it? I might buy it but only read bad reviews, so I don't know.

The DLC is low effort trash. The single player is ok, don't expect to play it much after the end though.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

For the $100 - do preorders count this time? I mean I'm getting FF15 even if everyone says not to be

Also, I never got my stupid 20% off code for Bound and Abzu preorders and now it's too late (I tried contacting support and the queue was like an hour long)

What monster is saying not to get FFXV? Or do you mean people say not to pre-order in general?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

ddogflex posted:

What monster is saying not to get FFXV? Or do you mean people say not to pre-order in general?

FFXV is not Final Fantasy anymore. It's a Kingdom Hearts ARPG reskinned with FF style character models.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The gently caress?

Officially sanctioned by Sony.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I really preferred xbox 360's policy of not allowing kbm poo poo at all. Now every time someone plays better than me it's because they have one of those things.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MisterAlex posted:

FFXV is not Final Fantasy anymore. It's a Kingdom Hearts ARPG reskinned with FF style character models.

You ever think people said something like this about Final Fantasy 4?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

univbee posted:

The gently caress?

Yeah, I don't know. I was wondering about that a couple months ago, and posted in the Overwatch forums, but folks said that games would have to specifically support it, so I didn't press. It's expensive as heck, though. There are existing mouse/keyboard solutions that cost less.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I really preferred xbox 360's policy of not allowing kbm poo poo at all. Now every time someone plays better than me it's because they have one of those things.

xims exist dude

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

univbee posted:

"We will not lose this arms race to the likes of Valve!"

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

MisterAlex posted:

Lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its kind of cool because you can still move with the stick

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Awesome! posted:

xims exist dude

I was including xims in my comment.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I was including xims in my comment.

XIMs started on 360 I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Caphi posted:

You ever think people said something like this about Final Fantasy 4?
They have, I'm sure, but it's too long ago to dig up the evidence easily.

On the other hand if you want to read really bad old posts about FF7 we got tons of those

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.emulators.game-consoles/56sNoOIzqT8/xNBDUaBGGa4J

• Locked thread