Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

quote:

The thing I wish that was available as a low to mid level favour is having someone pick up all the fuses in a district once you take it over. I don't mind going hunting for the other collectibles myself but three are so many fuses!
Uh, sorry. I placed all those. But the good news is that you don't have to pick up all of them! You can wiretap every district in the game while collecting less than half the fuses in each district, and we don't track the fuses for any progress meter or achievement, so feel free to stop picking them up any time you like.

quote:

The game prompted me to switch from Normal to Simulation driving, so I did. What difference does it make? I can't tell at all.
Simulation driving basically turns off the helper forces applied to the car if it starts moving in a direction other than what you're trying to steer it in - prevents it from fishtailing so much, spinning out, and doing other 'loss of control' type things. You may like it, you may not.

quote:

Is there any downside to giving one of the rackets in a district to a boss other than the one you're going to give the district to? I was going to give this district to Cassandra but I wanted a favor better than a marker for the second racket, but I don't know if the other boss will get pissed later.
Yes, they'll get quite angry at you if you give them a hideout and then gently caress them over on the district. Try to keep your bosses happy... or don't. There are meaningful results either way.

quote:

Is there any way to drive a forklift outside of a underboss killing mission? Two times now I've stormed a warehouse thinking "after I kill all these dudes, I want to drive that forklift" and once the mission is over, the forklift disappears. I know it's possible to drive them because I see the action button pop up.
Yep. Drive around Tickfaw Harbor and you'll find a few. Can't move the forks (I know, I'm equally sad about it) but it's a fun little thingy to drive!

quote:

Is there any significance in the main mission stories having different colors? Or is it just a style thing?
Usually the color denotes the underboss who has the biggest stake in the mission - Green for Burke, Blue for Vito, Purple for Cassandra. No actual mechanical effect, though.

edit: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
I find it really bizarre there's a not-Klan in this game considering this rear end in a top hat on the radio keeps talking about the Klan, so why not just make the "Southern Union" the loving Klan? Murdering all those fuckers with an M60 would be infinitely more satisfying that way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SilentW posted:

Usually the color denotes the underboss who has the biggest stake in the mission - Green for Burke, Blue for Vito, Purple for Cassandra. No actual mechanical effect, though.

edit: :synpa:

What does pink mean, then?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mystic pimp posted:

I find it really bizarre there's a not-Klan in this game considering this rear end in a top hat on the radio keeps talking about the Klan, so why not just make the "Southern Union" the loving Klan? Murdering all those fuckers with an M60 would be infinitely more satisfying that way.

Because the Ku Klux Klan is a real organization and disparaging them in a video game could lead to 2K getting sued for whatever reason. Even if there's no legal grounds for it, it's still a waste of lawyer fees.

Thanks for posting here. Hopefully performance is being worked on.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

How do you do this?

He was talking about Sleeping Dogs. Took me a minute to realize this and then disappointment set in.

SilentW posted:

Uh, sorry. I placed all those. But the good news is that you don't have to pick up all of them! You can wiretap every district in the game while collecting less than half the fuses in each district, and we don't track the fuses for any progress meter or achievement, so feel free to stop picking them up any time you like.

Did you also place the boxes? Because that one box in the bayou that's placed in Uncle Lou's mission area so you can't easily escape it can go gently caress itself.

Cojawfee posted:

Because the Ku Klux Klan is a real organization and disparaging them in a video game could lead to 2K getting sued for whatever reason. Even if there's no legal grounds for it, it's still a waste of lawyer fees.

Ding.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
The game has it's flaws but they really nailed the combat animations. Lincoln has some major rage issues :stare:

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Playing through Mafia 1, and although the story and some missions are as awesome as I remember, I forgot how awful it was to drive around for ages to next missions or do to crap like drive around the city to talk to 3 people. Repetition is a legacy it seems.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Planning routes strictly downhill...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Finally got around the routine crashes by driving a route along owned properties so I got checkpointed closer and closer. Had to drive through a barely loaded lowest LoD section though.

But now whenever I do the wiretaps the boxes hilariously fall off the circuit breaker thing. Lincoln puts the tap on and no sooner does he let go than it slams to the bottom of the box and undermines the whole thing. It's wonderful. :allears:

e: And off roading is a MISERABLE experience. The tree hitboxes are several feet larger than they look and the bushes are super dense concrete even at the fringes. And God help you if you touch a railroad track. I got more air than on an intended jump ramp.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 12, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I noticed mine does that. Is it supposed to stick to the box? I thought it was weird but didn't think much of it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
nah mine does that, too. I think it's the stock animation.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The first SEVERAL I placed stuck to the box. I think the patch broke it.

So the crash is back. Seems if I'm driving south from the northern parts of New Brofoes it crashes. God loving damnit, I want to love this game and I've already thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent with it but this crash and the minor problems like DRIVING may loving kill this game for me. :cry:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

SilentW posted:

And leave markers on my map? I think not!

... I've fully tapped 4 districts and I've got 126 fuses left. I might have a problem.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Zaa Boogie posted:

And leave markers on my map? I think not!

... I've fully tapped 4 districts and I've got 126 fuses left. I might have a problem.

I thought the wiretaps were infinite... I just picked up whatever green horeshoes were closest to me but I never went out of my way. I never went out of my way to wiretap either though, since it seemed useless? What useful thing does it do?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kontradaz posted:

I thought the wiretaps were infinite... I just picked up whatever green horeshoes were closest to me but I never went out of my way. I never went out of my way to wiretap either though, since it seemed useless? What useful thing does it do?

I think it shows where enemies are, but I've been using it to track down all the collectibles in an area.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Haha I got a glitch where Lincoln won't stop yelling things like he does in combat so while ordering cars/ammo etc he sounds like Mr T now.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Kontradaz posted:

It does three things. Show all the enemies in the area when you use the vision deal instead of just ones you'very seen, shows them all on the mini map and show all the collectibles on your mainew map.

If you don't tap collectibles will only pop up when you're pretty close by. Might be why you think they're infinite because there's a ton of fuses strewn about.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I think you also have to wiretap to turn a racket leader to your side rather than just kill them?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I think you also have to wiretap to turn a racket leader to your side rather than just kill them?

Yeah, I think that's there, too. Since I always do that I've just taken it for granted ha.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I stopped tapping hours ago and still cam recruit rackets. You don't need the tap.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hotel tower mission was pretty great. I still really like this game.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Tae posted:

I stopped tapping hours ago and still cam recruit rackets. You don't need the tap.

This is one of Vito's perks. After a couple of districts, he gives you the ability to see enemies on the map without tapping.

edit I've misunderstood everything.

Caufman fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 12, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It turns out that when a guy calls for reinforcements, even if all they hear is gunshots and the guy on the phone dying, they still show up.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Favorite part of this game so far was running into a crowded loading dock and doing a brutal execution and seeing all the pseudo-KKK members cower in fear.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I notice there's an achievement for finishing the game with only one underboss remaining, seems to me that if you play that way you're going to miss out on a ton of upgrades and unlocks, unless there's something I'm missing. I split the territories equally on my playthrough and wasn't able to unlock everything from everyone.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Davoren posted:

I split the territories equally on my playthrough and wasn't able to unlock everything from everyone.

That's lame. So I have to decide which unlocks i want.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Well, I should probably go back and check one thing. I was focusing on Vito to see if I could do it, it got to the point where the side missions told me to steal a truck, but when I went to the waypoint there was nothing there. After that point I went on to finish his loyalty missions, maybe that means I can do more deliveries now?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the truck delivery mission is one of my favorites. Though i'm one of those people who enjoyed truck simulator. It's fun to back the trailer into the spot. It seems like once the mission ends, you can't drive the truck anymore. I wish I could drive a semi truck all the time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I found a semi somewhere and drove it to one of the location takeovers. After doing that the cutscene that's supposed to show your underboss' cars driving up and unloading started like normal. BUT, while the game automatically moved the cab out of the gate, it left the trailer where it was so they couldn't get up the drive to the building. So the cinematic was just an anticlimactic, languishing shot of the outside of the building, an open gate, and the slim silver sliver of a tanker just visible over the outer wall for thirty seconds while nothing happened.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I'm getting more crashes now, even in-game (as in mid-sneaking or mid-shooting) and sometimes instances where the game just loads and loads and loads but nothing happens and I have to force-close the app. I think I'll give this game a rest and play something else until more patches drop. Shadow Warrior 2's coming out tomorrow anyway.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Yeah I feel like I am crashing more and more as the game goes on. Even though the game had lots of good stuff, I want the pain to be over.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
My kingdom for a fast travel option.

So far this is the best GTAlike in terms of story but weakest in terms of gameplay. Even the Saboteur, released half finished, had less repetitive gameplay.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
game is good, imo

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Party Plane Jones posted:

My kingdom for a fast travel option.

So far this is the best GTAlike in terms of story but weakest in terms of gameplay. Even the Saboteur, released half finished, had less repetitive gameplay.

It's a bit of a weird dynamic, since honestly it's the missions that are the problem. If the taking over the districts dealio was your standard ubisoft open world side activities, they'd be great! But as part of the story, as part of your main mission structure? I'm not so hot on them. It gets a bit boring after awhile.

But driving, gunplay, and the like? That's fantastic, and honestly it sets a new industry standard because it's really really good. Also, I really like the lack of a weapon wheel and the limited ammo. I mostly just wish the weapons weren't straight upgrades.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i really wish more of the racket takeovers were modeled like the southern union's where you have a set piece objective that does a ton of damage to the racket rather than just goin around roughin up mafiosos

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The Southern union missions are different for the simple fact that you can't even recruit the racket bosses. You just straight up kill them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why can't Lincoln climb onto shore? I'm sick of being killed by Gauss m gators because he refuses to walk up the shore.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I think the truck delivery mission is one of my favorites. Though i'm one of those people who enjoyed truck simulator. It's fun to back the trailer into the spot. It seems like once the mission ends, you can't drive the truck anymore. I wish I could drive a semi truck all the time.

they are always parked at the shipyards, there are cabovers too.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Cojawfee posted:

Why can't Lincoln climb onto shore? I'm sick of being killed by Gauss m gators because he refuses to walk up the shore.

Because we don't have Doom 2016's super-cool voodoo-based procedural mantling system (seriously holy poo poo that is the most impressive thing about that game), sorry.

Afraid of Audio posted:

i really wish more of the racket takeovers were modeled like the southern union's where you have a set piece objective that does a ton of damage to the racket rather than just goin around roughin up mafiosos

AFAIK most of them do have a setpiece, like destroying the crane in the construction site or blowing up the garbage dump - you just need to interrogate Informants to find out where it is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

aaaa doublepost

• Locked thread