Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this discussion is getting lame and i don't think it matters if someone decides that they believe the characters in yuri on ice are gay

like i don't fully agree with devtesla but i'm not gonna shoot the guy down

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Viktor is a loving rear end in a top hat and I'm glad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

this discussion is getting lame and i don't think it matters if someone decides that they believe the characters in yuri on ice are gay

like i don't fully agree with devtesla but i'm not gonna shoot the guy down
yeah

idk why people have to act like going 'heh it'll never happen!!' makes them smart esp. when a lot of the people holding out hope are gay people hoping for some kinda representation

like you don't get a prize if it turns out to just be baity, and what is and isn't baity vs confirmation varies from person to person

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The real question is whether the characters in Izetta and Flip Flappers are lesbian...

Izetta seems more likely to actually go there, while Flip Flappers will probably never go beyond baiting.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
welcome to today's episode of "what anime this season is clearly only baiting and will not actually be gay based off of two or less episodes"

i'm your host, the colonel, here to say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

welcome to today's episode of "what anime this season is clearly only baiting and will not actually be gay based off of two or less episodes"

i'm your host, the colonel, here to say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Now I feel a bit silly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
owned

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The second episode of To Be Hero wasn't as funny as the first. I'm still holding out hope though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i enjoyed it...

some of the neighbor gags were lame but outside of that i thought it was funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doot doot doot doot

oh hey new anime to post about...

ahhh!!!

hey kid! im a homosexual! stop all the posting about shipbaiting!!

iunno much about yuri other than i went to dynastyscans once and there was a nicomaki doujin there and i posted it in the anime chat thread and endorph said they shipped hononico whcih was really weird and i liked yuri kuma arashi and voted it best anime of the year

実際に不利なグループの実際の闘争を表します。Ikuni 意図的に曖昧な犯罪者一家の形而上学的と魔法の物語を維持ホイール。-輪る girl-ish。様々 なメディアを作成するには、キャラクター ストーリー アクション、それ成していない本当に感じたイギリスから主に定型化された世界に生息する要素のコンテキストで。薩摩

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sorry for bringing up such a sensitive topic - I just want to see a good gay show that isn't a comedy or a tragedy, and I'm fed up with all of the baiting - Free was fun, but :sigh:

In my wildest dreams, the ladies in Izetta kiss, the fellows in Yuri on Ice kiss, neither one ends sadly, and most of the story spends its time with historical drama/sports drama instead of gay drama. Well....probably won't happen, but a girl can dream.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
a beautiful dream :patriot:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sorry for bringing up such a sensitive topic - I just want to see a good gay show that isn't a comedy or a tragedy
want recs

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

want recs

Yes, please! There's a decent chance I've heard of or seen 'em, but hit me. I'd hate to miss something cool and good.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i just thought someone reading repressed homosexuality after the first episode of yuri on ice was "kind" of a stretch but whatever

i understand the desire for more representation and wanting to read between the lines but c'mon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

simoun has a lot of gender stuff in it too but it's still pretty neat and explicit. i don't think it's a super amazing show but it's pretty nice and mostly just about the characters figuring out who they are and not really a tragedy or a comedy, more just an entire show of the characters bebopping around figuring themselves out.

generally tho if you want outright explicit 'they're lesbians' stuff you have to look into manga. manga is a lot cheaper to make and is generally the product of mostly one mind, so you get a lot more variety and outside-the-box stuff wrt lesbianism. have you read much lesbian manga?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

"Bebopping around" in weirdly shaped ships powered by girl kisses that fight by etch-a-sketching lasers in the sky that explode. Man, Simoun was great.

Also, I wouldn't call it a tragedy or comedy either, but it was still a pretty heavy show at some points.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i enjoyed it...

some of the neighbor gags were lame but outside of that i thought it was funny

I was hoping the cold open would lead to a funnier gag, like they eat the chicken wizard or something.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Simoun's one of my favorite shows, no joke. The ending was spectacular in how calm and "life goes on" it was. I might rewatch it this winter, just because I enjoyed it so much.

As for lesbian manga, I haven't read much at all, but Free Soul by Yamaji Ebine is good. So was Indigo Blue by the same mangaka.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Simoun's one of my favorite shows, no joke. The ending was spectacular in how calm and "life goes on" it was. I might rewatch it this winter, just because I enjoyed it so much.

As for lesbian manga, I haven't read much at all, but Free Soul by Yamaji Ebine is good. So was Indigo Blue by the same mangaka.

If you've somehow missed Girl Friends, that seems like an obvious choice.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Honey & Honey is an autobiographical manga by a lesbian mangaka, and it talks about her personal life and the japanese LGBTQ community both.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

If you've somehow missed Girl Friends, that seems like an obvious choice.

I haven't read it! Thank you, I'll have a look.

Droyer posted:

Honey & Honey is an autobiographical manga by a lesbian mangaka, and it talks about her personal life and the japanese LGBTQ community both.

Same deal, thank you! Lots of reading to do tonight~

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
in general, check out the work of morishima akiko

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Which will be the gayest show by the end of this season:

Izetta
Yuri
Euphonium
Flip Flappers

(Coincidentally those are the shows I am watching)

Please place your bets now.....

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gakuen handsome

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Whoever wins, we lose.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I hope all of them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I hope all of them.

The only right answer

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
The more gay, the better.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

gakuen handsome

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Viktor is a loving rear end in a top hat and I'm glad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the gayest show this season is one piece :bustem: IM HEADED TO THE SUPER HEALTH

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i'm gonna point out that keijo!!!!!! has an actual on screen lesbian

but also nothing ever happens with her besides hitting on girls

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erg posted:

i'm gonna point out that keijo!!!!!! has an actual on screen lesbian

but also nothing ever happens with her besides hitting on girls

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

yeah

idk why people have to act like going 'heh it'll never happen!!' makes them smart esp. when a lot of the people holding out hope are gay people hoping for some kinda representation

like you don't get a prize if it turns out to just be baity, and what is and isn't baity vs confirmation varies from person to person

Hope is a lie, misery is eternal, the boy's and girls never kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

now that Cheating Craft has started proper, i can definitely recommend it if you're looking for a tiny dose of ridiculous shonen action. episode 2 showcased cheating powers ranging from pencil eraser drones, ricocheting ping pong balls, trained insects, and the mc's ability to control paper. the latter culminates in him getting a completed copy of the test by slicing his partner's paper in half so thinly that both papers have the printing and written answers on them. it's all very capably animated, and the "fight" had a little bit of strategy to it as well. thankfully the only exposition is like 30 seconds at the tail end, which is a nice change in comparison to the entire first episode being set-up.

• Locked thread