Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

projecthalaxy posted:

Now that I know that this feature is in I have an important question: is the Nation of Domination theme still in the game

Yes it is, I was surprised to find it is one of the Rock's alternate themes in the selection menu of the entrance editor (The Rock '98).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

One day later and there's already some amazing CAW work being done.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, one of the weird things about the total gimping of body morphing, is that after getting over it, people can now produce quality, good enough looking characters without all the fiddly tweaking that was necessary with it in. I will miss it anyway since I liked having all that control, but the new set up is workable for most people, Yokozuna sized fuckers notwithstanding. It's unfortunate to a degree, but it's not like big fat guys were ever build-able in this series anyway, even in the last gen games they end up looking like terrible as morphing the body to extremes created a lot of hard edges, the opposite of what you want from big fat guys.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

remusclaw posted:

Yeah, one of the weird things about the total gimping of body morphing, is that after getting over it, people can now produce quality, good enough looking characters without all the fiddly tweaking that was necessary with it in. I will miss it anyway since I liked having all that control, but the new set up is workable for most people, Yokozuna sized fuckers notwithstanding. It's unfortunate to a degree, but it's not like big fat guys were ever build-able in this series anyway, even in the last gen games they end up looking like terrible as morphing the body to extremes created a lot of hard edges, the opposite of what you want from big fat guys.

I wish the game had a "random" option for CAWs. Like you'd press a button, and the computer would come up with one all on its own.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I'm legit in love with the CAW mode already. The hair options for women alone have really impressed me. There's a god drat Chelsea hawk in the game. I can finally have a decent Christina Von Eerie :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like that apparently from the videos I've seen your weight (and thus weight class) and your body's looks are completely uncoupled from each other so you can be 6'0 and skinny and also a 640 pound superheavyweight, which I appreciate

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can you still alter existing superstars' physiques? I liked making John Cena But Fat and Daniel Bryan With The Muscles/Height Vince Wishes He Had.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Anyone know how to control the other guy after you tag out in Universe mode? I save the matches with the the 'control partners' option and then it makes me choose one or the other when I start the match. Pressing select in-match doesn't appear to change your player anymore either. Did they really completely gently caress up tag matches for Universe mode?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

How do you get into that? Guessing there's just a tutorial to clarify when it becomes available?

I got a little pop-up, but there's very little to tell you HOW to do it. Just go into to edit your dude's appearance, and put a t-shirt on him in his entrance gear, slap a logo and some text and boom, you'll get about the same amount of points as a 4-5 star match just from marks buying your crappy shirt.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

gently caress this poo poo, im trapped in the endless cycle of taking 6 hours to create a caw, moveset and all. I think I played one match in career mode before deciding the move set just wasnt flowing properly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As long as you didn't do well enough in the tutorial to get skipped to the main roster, I'd just have the move-set be a work-in-progress as your dude's in developmental. I've got a big hoss-y wannabe Stan Hansen who used a powerbomb as his finish, but I've now switched to a spinebuster and lariat.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can someone confirm this because if true I am going out and plunking down seventy canadian dollars right now so I can give Bayley's music the Brock Lesnar stinger

It is. The entrance and tron creators are very much styled after a proper editing suite in UI. It's like babby's first Final Cut project.

EDIT: Two little things I noticed: One, they didn't scrub the term 'diva' from commentary, but the women are just included under 'superstars' in character selection now, which is nice. And two, despite saying they didn't have time to do the brand split... it's actually there by default in Universe. If you go into shows and look at the assigned rosters, it's straight up the draft split. With that, and the video clips used in the Career mode cutscenes (there's one of Ambrose with the world title at MITB), I'm wondering when exactly the game went gold.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 12, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I accidentally had my difficulty set to "easy" so my babby CAW squashed Samoa Joe and went directly to RAW :(

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbsgDNlLaQ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
My CAW started gunning for the NXT tag belts with another generic fella as his partner, and the first feud was clearly supposed to be against Enzo and Cass, as we're heels, but the AI weirdly split up the Realest Guys and put them each with one member of the also-dissolved Ascension... So now I'm having a big blow off with Cass and Viktor at Takeover...

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Does anyone know when the nxt dlc comes out. I really want Nakamura.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Does anyone know when the nxt dlc comes out. I really want Nakamura.

I'd guess November at the earliest, else they'll get cries of people wasting their 100bux for buying the collector's edition.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Davros1 posted:

I wish the game had a "random" option for CAWs. Like you'd press a button, and the computer would come up with one all on its own.

WWF Attitude had that, and it really made some funny and freaky CAWs. I'm surprised that hasn't been in a game since. It's probably too complex for a modern gen system though.

I'm surprised 2K17 doesn't have custom music, especially since The Show for PS4 allowed it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If you actually want to go through NXT just to win the NXT Tag titles and the NXT Title for like career or achievement purposes then you should really just purposely lose both Performance center matches and fail your promo classes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Armitage posted:

WWF Attitude had that, and it really made some funny and freaky CAWs. I'm surprised that hasn't been in a game since. It's probably too complex for a modern gen system though.

I'm surprised 2K17 doesn't have custom music, especially since The Show for PS4 allowed it.

Smackdown vs raw I think 2011 on Xbox 360 had it. It was awesome.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Do I get this on ps4 or xbone

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

super macho dude posted:

gently caress this poo poo, im trapped in the endless cycle of taking 6 hours to create a caw, moveset and all. I think I played one match in career mode before deciding the move set just wasnt flowing properly.

Half of my time 'playing' 2K16 was making sure my dude was just right

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Armitage posted:

I've been a big advocate of custom music but if you can now splice together existing songs in-game, that's a more than workable compromise.

Can you use your spliced-together songs in the menus and stuff?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RBX posted:

No

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

If you actually want to go through NXT just to win the NXT Tag titles and the NXT Title for like career or achievement purposes then you should really just purposely lose both Performance center matches and fail your promo classes.

This.

also, its pretty great to not pick anything during the promo classes, completely tank them, and Albert still says "You're a natural kid! You'll be a WWE Superstar® in no time."

Truer words were never spoken.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was watching my friend broadcast the game and the music themes for wrestlers did not play. apparently it also gets muted when you shareplay and record poo poo on ps4. if true that is the biggest loving pussy move by wwe and yukes, what the gently caress how annoying and garbage is that. why bother making entrances if poo poo gets loving muted when I try to record it and post it anywhere??

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

MinibarMatchman posted:

was watching my friend broadcast the game and the music themes for wrestlers did not play. apparently it also gets muted when you shareplay and record poo poo on ps4. if true that is the biggest loving pussy move by wwe and yukes, what the gently caress how annoying and garbage is that. why bother making entrances if poo poo gets loving muted when I try to record it and post it anywhere??

That's a Playstation thing that happens on other games. I know the NBA 2K games, for one, mute in shareplay to avoid sharing the licensed soundtrack.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Narrator posted:

That's a Playstation thing that happens on other games. I know the NBA 2K games, for one, mute in shareplay to avoid sharing the licensed soundtrack.

I totally forgot about this

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

AlLamonaca posted:

Anyone know how to control the other guy after you tag out in Universe mode?

Universe Mode doesn't allow you to switch tag partners, but free play does.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's really useful if you're showing off caws or even just custom entrances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsZhHbTiJo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RBX posted:

PS4 version seems pretty stable with the day 1 patch (it was a shitshow without it), don't know about Xbone. Sony is paranoid about content sharing (see also: The debacle that is getting Fallout 4 mods on PS4) and that could cause some long-term headaches, but that could have knock-on effects on all versions, including PC.

In other news, Elimination Chamber matches work this year, which is good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The new promo system seems pretty cool with having to account in your choices for if its a smarky town and being able to turn heel and such. Career seems improved in general from the couple hours of streams I saw. I don't know if it eventually gets back onto the same infinitely repeating nonsense or if you at least get to feud with someone who isn't Ziggler sometimes now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was able to give Cesaro Goldberg's entrance. Game is good.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I want to make it a Redbox night and have one day of glitchy rear end PS4 gaming. Mafia 3 or 2k17? I heard Mafia's issues are more PC-centric.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've played three hours of Mafia 3 in one sitting last night and didn't notice a single glitch, so I don't know. I wasn't looking for glitches or trying to force them though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The AI has gotten much smarter and more aggressive this year!

https://www.twitch.tv/senerio/v/94713215

(I'd export it to youtube but I'm lazy)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

having to account in your choices for if its a smarky town

Does it explicitly state this somehow or are you expected to know that, say, Toronto or NYC are smarky?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh, another thing that happened in that tournament was, despite later confirming that Seth Rollins was marked as the Universal Title holder by the CAT Creator, Dolph Ziggler had it when he came out to face Kofi Kingston.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does it explicitly state this somehow or are you expected to know that, say, Toronto or NYC are smarky?

I'm not certain, I have only seen a promo cut at NXT Performance center, but the tutorial says every building is either Hardcore or Family-Friendly, and also either Respectful or Disrespectful, and you need to keep that in mind to know what will get face or heel heat to say.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm not certain, I have only seen a promo cut at NXT Performance center, but the tutorial says every building is either Hardcore or Family-Friendly, and also either Respectful or Disrespectful, and you need to keep that in mind to know what will get face or heel heat to say.

That's really cool. I have to assume it gives an indicator for that and that the way you do the match is affected by it too (i.e don't do 100 chairshots in a Family Friendly building). I'd be really interested to see which cities/arenas they've decided are Hardcore/Disrespectful.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's really cool. I have to assume it gives an indicator for that and that the way you do the match is affected by it too (i.e don't do 100 chairshots in a Family Friendly building). I'd be really interested to see which cities/arenas they've decided are Hardcore/Disrespectful.

Thanks!

Probably Chicago.