Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good lord :flame:

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Dillbag's the motherfuckin' man. Or woman. Mad respek

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Tangra posted:

Dillbag's the motherfuckin' man. Or woman. Mad respek

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

m'7ady

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln3jMCh2f_4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
dreamcast best cast

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

there's been a bunch of horror/thriller films this year that i want to see and green room is one of them

it owns and u should see it

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

god damnit that's not nerdy that's geeky aarerhaugo;fj

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dreamcast best cast

the day the snow turned into rain

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

dreamcast best cast

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

Lmfao stupid bitch

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
nice gendered slur,, come back when you learn to behave in public

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

C.H.O.M.E posted:

i went to south africa recently and as americans everyone was nice to us as far as i could tell, but you can really tell that apartheid ended basically yesterday

infrastructure is super good compared to tanzania, the only other place i have been in africa. there are nice highways all across the country and many well developed cities and if you just stay in the cities and just look at the architecture, it feels like you could be in western europe. in tanzania (which, granted, has a much smaller population) only Dar es Salaam and Arusha would be recognizable as cities to an american, and the roads quickly turn to dirt once you leave town.

huge racial divides economically.

- there are both black and white people driving cars, but the only people walking by the side of the road or using the private busses are black people.

- you can't walk a block without someone asking for money, asking you to go into a store to buy formula for their child, etc - especially after dark. none of our leftovers from dinner made it back to the hotel because i would instantly find someone who wanted them

- a large number of the white people are huge racists and will make no attempt to hide this in a way that will absolutely blow your mind. we were driving back from the beach, our car was behind a truck with a bunch of white people in the bed who were entertaining themselves by throwing firecrackers at the black people walking on the side of the road. when i got back to the lodge where we were staying (this was a rural area) i noticed a sign at the dining hall saying "anyone throwing firecrackers will be removed from the lodge". that's right, throwing lit fireworks at black people on the side of the road is such a common thing that they have to have a policy and make a sign for it.

dude where the gently caress was this? I've lived in sa for all but one of my 34 years and I've seen some hosed up poo poo but I've never seen fireworks being thrown at peop-- oh wait my cousin threw a Tom Thumb at me once as a joke – but still, seriously holy crap that is not the norm.

or maybe my city living has shielded me from the ways of the bumpkins

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
I'm from south africa too, and throwing firecrackers is not a thing I think? But having now lived in many places I've seen that whitetrash is universal.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
What part of SA was this? I was in Joburg for 3 months and never saw anything like that, but then again I never saw anyone batshit crazy enough to walk around at night because you'll get straight up murdered.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dillbag posted:

What part of SA was this? I was in Joburg for 3 months and never saw anything like that, but then again I never saw anyone batshit crazy enough to walk around at night because you'll get straight up murdered.

a conservative nutcase's imagination

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hey, pics!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trabant posted:

i'm pretty happy there are so many mw fans in the 'POS :hf:

honorless freebirth scum

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Hello Spaceman posted:

dude where the gently caress was this? I've lived in sa for all but one of my 34 years and I've seen some hosed up poo poo but I've never seen fireworks being thrown at peop-- oh wait my cousin threw a Tom Thumb at me once as a joke – but still, seriously holy crap that is not the norm.

i stayed at sodwana bay lodge, outside of Durban.

everyone I actually met and interacted with was nice, but this actually happened. it may not be acceptable as the norm but it happened. again, it was a random truck full of white people that I happened to be behind coming back from the beach, but poo poo. I mean really. poo poo.

I don't think this reflects poorly on the lodge or any individual I met there, on the whole they seemed to be good people, but this did happen on my way back from the beach without anyone from the lodge present.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 13, 2016

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Hello Spaceman posted:

i think it's the latter. in the city everybody kinda just wants to get along and get through the day without becoming a statistic but i can imagine in the rural areas apartheid never really ended for some.

can't find it now, but just the other day a bunch of white people were pushing to establish their own city out in the boonies for whites only. they looked exactly how you'd expect them to look.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
this may have been the equivalent of the racist loving idiot dickbags who drive around the US sporting the stars and bars. I really don't know, I don't live there, but it seemed crazy, and it seemed super crazy that the lodge had to have a policy on it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dillbag posted:

yeah, that sounds normal and stable, a place where being outside after dark is inviting someone to murder you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ey friend seth efrika's just fine, long as ye mind the blicks

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

yeah, that sounds normal and stable, a place where being outside after dark is inviting someone to murder you

I don't know if I would go that far, but the desperation definitely increased after dark.

you could go to dinner before dark but the first time we were out after dark the waiter said "here let me pack up your leftovers" and we said ok and he said "trust me you will get rid of them soon" or something like that and we did. I am sure we are marked as targets as white Americans but it was still kinda amazing. we walked two blocks after dark and we had been approached by at least a dozen people.

it is a beautiful country with lots of things to brag about (the amazing botanical gardens and table mountain, among others), but it is still Africa and the poverty is on another level. the #1 thing I learned from my trips to Africa is that the US should not have any poor or homeless people, the amount of money floating around here is absolutely insane.

I had a friend who did peace corps in Africa and she came back to the US for a weeek for a friend's wedding and then went back to Africa to find out that the family she had lived with had eaten her cat while she was gone. when she came back from Africa we went shopping and she broke down, fell to her knees and cried in a normal American grocery store because she had become accustomed to not having food. America is really loving lucky if you pay attention.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 13, 2016

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

honorless freebirth scum

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Radio Paranoia posted:

i think it's the latter. in the city everybody kinda just wants to get along and get through the day without becoming a statistic but i can imagine in the rural areas apartheid never really ended for some.

can't find it now, but just the other day a bunch of white people were pushing to establish their own city out in the boonies for whites only. they looked exactly how you'd expect them to look.

like this?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/6lLF6FB.mp4

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Dillbag posted:

like this?

ding ding ding

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO9ues7zYJI

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 13, 2016

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

this is the real poo poo right here :black101:

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity

this game was extremely good.

the head-to-head multiplayer mode was almost better than the main game, too

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

it was way better. what was it called...

e: gently caress the name's right there in the first gif :downs:

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 13, 2016

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

don't talk to me or my son ever again

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Roosevelt posted:

don't talk to me or my son ever again

brother-son by the looks of things

e: aw jeez i looked it up and it's pics of two guys who have fragile x syndrome, which is really pretty rough and there's not really any help available for it.
i regret my lovely comment now

epipen fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

You could actually load up software to use those as straight up CV generators for old synths, i remember.

thats rad

• Locked thread