Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Hace posted:

It uses memory cards and carts, checks out.

I hope that the games are on actual honest to god famicom/SNES sized cartridges even though they don't *need* to be anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Boten Anna posted:

I hope that the games are on actual honest to god famicom/SNES sized cartridges even though they don't *need* to be anymore

this but also you can save directly on the cartridge so you can take your save where you've unlocked everything is smash bros over to your friends house.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

this but also you can save directly on the cartridge so you can take your save where you've unlocked everything is smash bros over to your friends house.

also some games have a super fx chip that lets you play 60 fps mario multiverse on 4k screens

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
And if they're still doing virtual console in addition to NES Mini and such they need to make the NES controller work with the NX. Re-release all of your old controllers, Nintendo.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Decus posted:

And if they're still doing virtual console in addition to NES Mini and such they need to make the NES controller work with the NX. Re-release all of your old controllers, Nintendo.

Considering that the NES mini controllers use the same connector as the nunchuck and classic controller/pro, I could see that easily.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A rare bunch of Miyamoto sightings at Universal Studios last week.

Officially he was seen smiling while filming whatever, but inside he was upset when he found out they replaced the Back to the Future ride that he had been wanting to go on for for years and years.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Gorgolflox posted:

Haha I was just fooling around, this is the REAL Nintendo Duo:

I own this, but in black. It owns.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

No joke, I had a dream a while ago where Bonk from Bonk's Adventure was a playable character in Smash Bros.

I haven't even played a single Bonk game, but that'd be neat I think

That would own pretty hard, unfortunately Bonk hasn't been in a video game in like 20 years.
I think his last chance died with that cancelled game from like 5 years ago that was supposed to be on the Wii, but it looked pretty poo poo anyway.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

raditts posted:

That would own pretty hard, unfortunately Bonk hasn't been in a video game in like 20 years.
I think his last chance died with that cancelled game from like 5 years ago that was supposed to be on the Wii, but it looked pretty poo poo anyway.

Gonna be a launch game with the new Nintenbonk.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

I hope in 20 years when I get nostalgic about NX games and want to play one, I have to carefully and violently snap off a soldered-in button cell battery and replace it by literally loving taping another one back in like some kind of communist hillbilly mechanic.

Bonus points if I have to do this while the cart is in use and the power is turned on in order to retain my saved games.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope the internet browser on this thing is very good!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Officially he was seen smiling while filming whatever, but inside he was upset when he found out they replaced the Back to the Future ride that he had been wanting to go on for for years and years.

It's a Simpson's ride now, it's p cool

Their whole Springfield area seems really anachronistic, but I got to have a Duff beer and wander around in Moe's, so I enjoyed it. It would have been amazing twenty years ago, everything looked really good

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

a.lo posted:

standards for basic console usability are so low im hoping you can browse the games list without lag. lord knows the ps4 cant

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I hope game saves go to the cartridge

Gonna need all 64 MB of onboard storage for Mii's

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

a.lo posted:

If they intend to be serious about securing their devices, they'll go with apps instead. Those WebKit hacks are pretty popular with hackers.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

A friend of mine seems absolutely convinced this thing is going to be two separate consoles (handheld and full on console) instead of being one console with a docking feature. He reasons it's just the dev team that's merging and the two consoles will both use the same cartridges. Someone tell me if this is stupid or not because he forced me to make a five dollar bet over it and I'd rather keep my five for a lunch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
you should just go ahead and give him five dollars because your friend is right

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

A friend of mine seems absolutely convinced this thing is going to be two separate consoles (handheld and full on console) instead of being one console with a docking feature. He reasons it's just the dev team that's merging and the two consoles will both use the same cartridges. Someone tell me if this is stupid or not because he forced me to make a five dollar bet over it and I'd rather keep my five for a lunch

if you think of the big gba / half a ds / portable thing as a wii u gamepad and being the primary controller for console/on tv mode

if you dock it, youre going to need a completely seperate controller to mimic the gyro/touch/buttons/ etc

if you dont dock it, youre going to either have the processing power of the portable and a box connected wirelessly to it that cant do any sort of coprocessing

if you run a cable from the portable to the box, the box can do coprocessing over the cable, but even in the enthusiast pc gaming market the external graphics card enclosures that work with portable laptops over thunderbolt to offer only gpu acceleration have harsh limitations and cost hundreds of dollars

the logical conclusion is a nu3ds++ guts stuffed into a wii u gamepad sized thing and a console that it can connect to with better-than-or-parity parts in it that can interact with the portable by sending it a video feed like a gamepad and considering it as a gyro/touch/buttons/triggers controller

if the parts in the console are equal to the portable, they can be overclocked, or not underclocked, run on active cooling, and output a higher res image to the tv as well as a feed to the portable like in most games (minimap on the gamepad)

the portable if its as big as a gamepad would be carried around by no human being, so its probably going to be passively cooled and under if not just not over-clocked

so it makes sense that the portable is going to be something that can be purchased seperately from the "proverbial dock", the "dock" is not going to actually dock or connect via a cable, and probably double the cost when you buy the bundle of the portable + console

(the wii u already has really responsible wireless controllers even for splatoons gyro and the video codec used to stream to the gamepads screen is proprietary and copyrighted and good tech)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Will this finally be the Nintendo generation that will let me play a DVD?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cartoon Man posted:

Will this finally be the Nintendo generation that will let me play a DVD?
Physical media is dead.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

irlZaphod posted:

Physical media is dead.

More precisely, optical media.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

About drat time, too. It's loving absurd that I have to shoot a laser at my games in order to play them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm glad the nx will be shooting the laser directly into our eyes this time around.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
bill trinen in a hooded robe pricked my finger to take my blood, i'm pretty sure it's for the nx

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

bill trinen in a hooded robe pricked my finger to take my blood, i'm pretty sure it's for the nx

he was actually injecting nanomachines into your blood. you are the nx now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

media is dead.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
rare picture of satoru iwata testing the nx

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Futaba Anzu posted:

What your friend thinks sounds a lot like what almost everyone thinks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rexroom posted:

The NX should come with a subscription to El Rey network. Destroy all need for any other media.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The NX should come with a subscription to El Rey network. Destroy all need for any other media.

If the NX launches with a Luchador wrestling game I'll be a happy camper.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Raserys posted:

Man that cancer was aggressive.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Raserys posted:

Nanomachines-san.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Back to the Future ride was open in Japan until a few months ago!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Futaba Anzu posted:

When he turns out to be right just keep arguing technicalities until he gives up and says he doesn't really care that much.

I recommend the tacos.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/786682823075827712

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol at the gamer comments whining about a short term financial report being mean

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Note: Macquerie is speculating.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
what the gently caress is "Seeking Alpha"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Power Rangers fan blog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
All these dumb game news sites. I don't believe anything that isn't reported in Electronic Gaming Monthly

• Locked thread