Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Mordja posted:

Sure didn't expect them to go the FMV route with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTGqERtbeI

This was part of this "Single-Player Debut" last night, the rest of which can be watched here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i1ylWxKJjA&t=1964s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not that it matters and I am obviously pumped for this game, but the concept behind Titanfall is incredibly dumb.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Not that it matters and I am obviously pumped for this game, but the concept behind Titanfall is incredibly dumb.

What's wrong with you?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Yeah the concept is cool, tasteless goon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

let me rephrase that. The concept kicks rear end as a game and I like it. The idea that warfare is carried out by people parkouring all over and jumping into robots is hilarious. Why are they getting out of the robots in the first place? it doesn't need to make sense it just makes me laugh when I think about it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

veni veni veni posted:

let me rephrase that. The concept kicks rear end as a game and I like it. The idea that warfare is carried out by people parkouring all over and jumping into robots is hilarious. Why are they getting out of the robots in the first place? it doesn't need to make sense it just makes me laugh when I think about it.

Every game is like this though?

Why don't you start every match in MW2 with the nuke? Why don't Halo dudes start with a rocket launcher?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

This basically applies to any work of fiction ever though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Why didn't George START by shooting Lennie?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hackan Slash posted:

Every game is like this though?

Why don't you start every match in MW2 with the nuke? Why don't Halo dudes start with a rocket launcher?

I don't think you understood my post there. You guys are over thinking this.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The big robots are in a big transport ship that takes longer to get there then the small ship with the small humans on it you goddamn idiot.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
The only thing that struck me as strange was that they suggest the single player personalizes the Titan when everything about the series shows how fragile and disposable they are. Like "this game it's all about Captain Kirk and his bond with the red shirts on the away team". Unless it's a continuous consciousness that hops into the next Titan, it seems like it wouldn't fit the gameplay.

I mean, if your titan doesn't die, the title is not a significant thing because you never have to call one in. The one you've got, "Steve", is with you from beginning to end.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Field Mousepad posted:

The big robots are in a big transport ship that takes longer to get there then the small ship with the small humans on it you goddamn idiot.

I always thought it was because the robots are in flat pack boxes to save space, and it takes a while to assemble them because there's only one Allen wrench

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Ape Agitator posted:

The only thing that struck me as strange was that they suggest the single player personalizes the Titan when everything about the series shows how fragile and disposable they are. Like "this game it's all about Captain Kirk and his bond with the red shirts on the away team". Unless it's a continuous consciousness that hops into the next Titan, it seems like it wouldn't fit the gameplay.

I mean, if your titan doesn't die, the title is not a significant thing because you never have to call one in. The one you've got, "Steve", is with you from beginning to end.

If you read into the MP dialogue it's one Titan AI that gets plugged into new chassis they're apparently building for you in real time (and for some reason speeding up when you kill poo poo)

The logistics make no sense but who cares, game is dope. Call of Duty is much more realistic, in real life soldiers have to shoot a few bad guys before they're allowed to call for air support, airplanes are expensive and you need to teach those idiot grunts not to be freeloaders :911:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
-I think that the line about "the difference of being great and a grunt on the battlefield is the bond between a pilot and a Titan" is corny and eye rolling. Same goes for Titans doing farm work at dawn.

-ALL SCIENCE FICTION IS THIS WAY!!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think you understood my post there. You guys are over thinking this.
Not to get into a pissing match because no animosity here but I think you are over thinking it. The only reason for any of the things that happen in the game are because they are cool.

Like why don't you start in the robot ? Because its way loving cooler to call in a robotic meteor.

the answer to any "why" question is because its way more metal and cool to do it the action movie way.

I guess you are right, because sometimes the dumb way is just cooler.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

el B posted:

-I think that the line about "the difference of being great and a grunt on the battlefield is the bond between a pilot and a Titan" is corny and eye rolling. Same goes for Titans doing farm work at dawn.

-ALL SCIENCE FICTION IS THIS WAY!!

Looked more like wheat to me

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Qmass posted:

Like why don't you start in the robot ? Because its way loving cooler to call in a robotic meteor.

"Robotic Meteor" is the best thing I've heard all day.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Goon it up with Mountain Dew and Doritos to get stuff:

https://www.dewanddoritos.com/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

GAMERFUEL YOUR TITAN

They really really want a slice of that CoD crowd, if they can get it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVHLPizG84

Looks pretty fun

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This looks drat cool.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Ugh stop trying to cram "the bond" between a pilot and titan down my throat. Gonna skip the campaign for sure now.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

el B posted:

Ugh stop trying to cram "the bond" between a pilot and titan down my throat. Gonna skip the campaign for sure now.

Hold X to propose to your robot. :roboluv:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Hell with that, I'm gonna have great fun rolling on mooks with my Brobot. :awesomelon::respek::iamafag:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

el B posted:

Why is this an issue?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why is this an issue?

Because I find it corny as gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What would be bettah?

Do you also hate Terminator 2? I mean, I hope the game goes full-on T2 and you end up teaching your mech a fist-bump or something. I'm glad that they're emphasizing that the Titan is unique and that you guys are symbiotic to your survival. The lone super-soldier with all of the tools at his disposal has been done to death, I'm glad that your greatest tool is also your robo-bro.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My bond with my Titan was too tight and Scorch got me pregnant.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait to get up inside Northstar.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I want Ronin to poke me with its sword.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

el B posted:

Because I find it corny as gently caress.

Being friends with robots is the heart of good science fiction games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't wait to get up inside Northstar.

Girltitan, gently caress yea I'm bout it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
For those of you doing the whole Dew and Doritos thing, what exactly am I looking for at Target to get that skin? I went to one today and all they had was some 12packs of Mountain Dew but they didn't indicate anything Target specific on the packaging.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't Dew and Doritos

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Don't Dew and Doritos

How else do you suggest I FUEL up?

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

I went to register a Dew and Doritos account... and found out I already had one. :negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Chomposaur posted:

I went to register a Dew and Doritos account... and found out I already had one. :negative:

Kill yourself.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chomposaur posted:

Hahaha

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

el B posted:

What the. Of all the reasons....

This fall, one super soldier will learn that the greatest weapon in his arsenal....is his heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Chomposaur posted:

Lmao

Be proud of your gaming enthusiasm friend