Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

that's not in the blair witch movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

that's not in the blair witch movie

It is in the recent remake.

http://otlsm.com/what-was-the-bright-white-light-in-blair-witch-what-is-the-blair-witch/

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

he says "when i was growing up" and then mentions seeing the movie so i just assumed it was the old one,

i guess i'm a fool ignore me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you were abducted brightlight goon. start trying to find your implant with dangerous homemade xrays :science:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

he says "when i was growing up" and then mentions seeing the movie so i just assumed it was the old one,

technically we're always growing up so I'm assuming the events of this confession happened a few weeks ago

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

More likely: He recently saw the new version, didn't realize there was a discrepancy, and made up this boring attempt at creepypasta.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
hes saying he saw the new one and it awoke his repressed memories

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The best anon confession we got was the guy who as a kid did a Kame Hame Ha to his stepmom and she died of a stroke shortly thereafter.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The best anon confession we got was the guy who as a kid did a Kame Hame Ha to his stepmom and she died of a stroke shortly thereafter.

The E/N thread had a post about a guy being repeatedly abandoned by his father. It got a page and a half of serious responses before someone said, "Umm, pretty sure that was Gohan."

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

That goon went looking for raccoons and found Cyril Sneer.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

violent sex idiot posted:

hes saying he saw the new one and it awoke his repressed memories

Did he regret it? I missed that one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm gay and lived in post-Revolutionary Iran for several years as an adult. I denied my sexuality and even married my best friends cousin. She is a wonderful woman and she deserves love and a good life, which in my own way, I have tried to provide. My wife and I then had very awkward sex for a decade resulting in three children, whom I love most dearly.

My confession is that I was horrible to my fellow gays. I think it was to distract myself from the knowledge that I could be taken from my home, imprisoned, whipped or even hanged to death. Before I left Iran, I must have seen a dozen people hanging from construction equipment. The would place a cable around their neck and hoist them up in the most inhumane way possible. Then people would throw rocks and shoes at the dead as they left them for the entire city to shame after death.

Most unforgivably, what I confess to, was my lover Pejman, who being an Iranian Jew and homosexual, was a secret friend. I was visited at my home by members of the Moral Council for my city who had photographed us together having tea and also a photograph of him in my car. We were driving out to the mountains to stay in his father's retreat. I was asked if I knew he was a homosexual. I denied knowing this. The next morning I was taken by force by police to be interviews about Pejman, who they had arrested two days prior. I was given promised immunity in exchange for testimony that included a falsehood that Pejman had forced himself, in a homosexual manner, upon me but that no rape had occurred. I gave this lie to the court with a calmness that made me very angry. I was a liar and worse. I have sold out the one person who would never do the same to me. There IS NO QUESTION OF THIS! He was courageous and kind.

He was whipped horribly in public. Everyone expected me to watch, and I was there to see it. I fought back tears for him as they mutilated him. They had to bring extra men to protect Pejman as he was led off to hospice. Pejman was forced to pay a very heavy fine. After I left Iran, Pejman was jailed again and agreed to have sexual reassignment surgery. I never saw him again. I received no response to the letters I wrote to him. I am sure that he hated me. There can be no doubt.

He committed suicide two days shy of his 30th birthday.

quote:

My brother and I were supposed to go to a Monday night football game a while ago. He talked me into buying the tickets in stub hub (mistake in hindsight) and I assumed he would pay me back for his ticket. To get that Monday off, I had to use a day I was planning to use for a two week vacation (forcing me to come back to work for Friday and essentially cutting out 3 days from our vacation. My wife was passed. He lives far away and was planning on driving down to meet for the game. In the month leading up to going I don't hear from him, and get a little worried. I come to find out he had gotten laid off from his job, and was worried he would get re hired too soon to justify taking that Monday off.

Turns out that's what happened. He got re hired the week prior and couldn't go, but it was only after I pressed him about this that he fessed up. So I had less than a week to unload the tickets. Worse, the value of the tickets tanked and long story short I lost $200 even after reselling them. And my brother saw no obligation to reimburse me even though one of the tickets was supposed to be his. So he hosed me out of $100 and my wife is mad that our vacation got cut short for nothing. I explained that we were in on it together and he was responsible for one ticket, that he should eat half the loss especially since it was his fault we couldn't go.

I haven't talked to him since, and in that time things haven't gone well for him. He got in a huge argument with our dad, and plead with me to comisserate him. None of our family went to his kid's birthday party, which really upset him, and he blew out a disc in his back and won't be able to work for some time. I would be more sympathetic, but if the rear end in a top hat couldn't sack up and pay for his goddamm ticket, apologize for screwing over my vacation and at least explain if he couldn't afford to pay me at the moment (I wasn't expecting him to pay me immediately if he was broke, but did expect the money eventually).

Maybe if he wasn't such a douchebag bad things wouldn't have happened to him.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

not without "im gay", a film starring sally fields getting slapped around by an iranian homosexual

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

P-Mack posted:

The E/N thread had a post about a guy being repeatedly abandoned by his father. It got a page and a half of serious responses before someone said, "Umm, pretty sure that was Gohan."

got the link to it? i vaguely remember it and want to reread it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

mad about money goon

why is this even a confession, no one cares, sorry

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
that dude got a sex change? in Iran? for free? *looks up flights to Iran*

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
IIRC the Iranian government performs free sex change operations on gay people. Since it can't hang all of them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:wtc:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Iranian government decided that since sex changes weren't around in the seventh century and so there's nothing against them in the Qur'an, it's less offensive to them to allow heterosexual marriages where one person is trans than to allow homosexual relationships. It is way easier to be trans than to be gay in Iran, and since the government doesn't really see a distinction between the two ideas, gay men are frequently pressured to undergo sex changes.

And yeah I've been screwed out of more than $100 by a family member's incompetence

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the middle east sucks

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
You're an rear end in a top hat if you're haggling with your UNEMPLOYED brother for $100.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
It cost me $2000 to realize my father-in-law wasn't trust worthy. $100 is chump change. You should be delighted you got to find that out for so little.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Y'all need to get your loving finances in order if your fighting with your flesh and blood about loving $100

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

that dude got a sex change? in Iran? for free? *looks up flights to Iran*

Hello, sailor.

I personally find John Cleese and Graham Chapman more sexy in drag.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Don't ever buy tickets well in advance on stubhub unless it's something super in demand, people (like that dummy confessor) will get desperate and crash the prices in the days leading up to the event. If that guy had thought ahead he wouldn't have to feud over a hundred bucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I love my wife more than words could express, but sometimes her POTS creates real problems for us. Having just gone through Hurricane Matthew (my umpteenth hurricane, her first) and evacuated, she's been extremely stressed and unwell due to the physical aspect of corralling 3 children in a middle school cafetorium; she was stuck in bed for 6 days, unable to really get up even to use the bathroom or eat. She's been in an immense amount of pain from driving for several hours as well; she already has back problems from a car accident years ago, and this just made it worse.

I've missed 4 days of work due to this loving storm: 2 because my job was closed, 2 because she flat-out couldn't get out of bed to take care of the kids while I was at work. Now we're going to miss a bunch of bills this month; we already live paycheck-to-paycheck as it is. We already owe her mother a ton of money that she lent us, I don't want to borrow more.

I love her and I wouldn't ever leave her, and I don't resent her or hate her for having dysautonomia but sometimes, I hate the situation. It causes problems. This isn't the first time I've missed work, nor will it be the last.

(the bbcode was right in the email, good attention to detail there)

This person sent one email that said "oops, I sent the confession too early, don't post it" (without having sent anything beforehand), then sent another email containing this confession, and I was confused by this order of events so I asked in-thread whether it was ok to post and haven't heard back yet, and it LOOKS finished, so I'm guessing this was the final version and whatever unfinished version that got sent before never actually made its way into the inbox. At any rate I'm posting it.

quote:

I've got the usual stuff going on. Blah blah blah childhood abuse. Etcetera. My story is a dime a dozen. We get therapy, we work through it, and tell ourselves that the rest of humanity are worth sticking it out for.

I'm pretty good at managing all of the requisite goon sadbrains. Thing is, as I age, I'm developing this all-consuming hate for people. My therapist is well aware. We're taking steps to manage it. It's tricky because the more I try to not feel it, the more it escalates. I'm honestly terrified of what sort of person I'm going to be in ten or fifteen years.

It's hard to describe how it feels. If you've ever stumbled on, say, the maggot-riddled corpse of a decaying wild animal, the revulsion and disgust you feel in that moment is somewhat close to my reaction to being around other people, especially large numbers of people. I'm not trying to be edgy. It's horrible. It's like being filled with acid and fire all the time. On the worst days, it's like...someone comes within five feet of me, my first reflex is to wish absurd acts of violence on them. It used to just be in my head, but now I find myself shoving by strangers as I pass them, just to indicate how much I loving loathe that they exist and take up space in the universe. I do really bitchy, passive-aggressive stuff too, like making sure the lift door closes before someone else can get on. Again, not proud of this.

It's odd to watch myself do these things. I'm not really sure how it happened. The people I can tolerate well enough to call friends seem to use nice words to describe me. poo poo like kindness and compassion. And while I've had many ugly experiences in my life, I've also been the recipient of generosity and more love than I know what to do with. Sometimes I despise that, too, because I know no one would want to spend time with me if they could detect the pure violence inside my brain.

Hilariously, even when I'm actively confrontational with people, there aren't any consequences. People take it in such graceful stride that I start to doubt we're having the same conversation. That only makes me want to escalate things even more, though currently I'm able to stop myself from doing that.

It's not like I'm exempt from my own hate. I am not better than anyone. I'm as repulsive as the next person. Sometimes I see other people like me out in public. You can tell who we are because of how we look like we actively want someone to gently caress with us.

I'm at the point where I want to break. I want to lash out, to ruin, to choke. Just to get it over with so I can stop feeling it inside of me. I've never injured anyone, never committed a crime unless you count jaywalking. I don't plan on doing so. But I don't know who I'm going to be in a few years if I stay on this trajectory, and that's why I'm scared.

I'm not really sure what I expect from this. I guess people will probably be like "kill u r self lol", and maybe that's what I'm looking for. Proof that I'm the bottom of the barrel. Or maybe I want someone to empathize. I'm not sure, but thanks for listening, goons. I'd like to be better than this someday.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
have .... have you tried LSD?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Jeeze, friend, how about you eat a weed and unclench your hate hole. Fuuuuuck.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

I really don't like most of the confessions I didn't write, for some reason.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I have POTS and I can confirm it sucks.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've only known one person with POTS and she just drinks gatorade or puts on compression socks to get over it. I'm assuming she has an extremely mild version of it right?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've only known one person with POTS and she just drinks gatorade or puts on compression socks to get over it. I'm assuming she has an extremely mild version of it right?

I used to smoke pots on college :confused:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Angrybrains goon just needs to play some new DOOM. Rip and Tear to your bitter heart's delight!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MA-Horus posted:

Angrybrains goon just needs to play some new DOOM. Rip and Tear to your bitter heart's delight!

double fist punch captain kirk knows what up :getin::respek::black101:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I just ate 2 Kg of butter and corn so I can see how cool my poops get.

:f5:

quote:

I lived within very short walking distance (I could probably throw a rock and hit it) there was a small church and the front of it was the bus stop, I live in arizona so the whole area between the church and my house was cacti and other desert trees

When I was walking home from middle school one day an abandoned mobile home appeared pretty much out of nowhere, and a friend of mine (was a huge troublemaker, but so was I at the time) decided to inspect it and break in

The mobile home was suspended by something so it was kinda high up and we "broke in" though a literal hole in the floor that was big enough that I could jump on inside and let my friend in through the door

It was clear from the inside that nobody lived there anymore and the place was in loving tatters, imagine a very trashy 2 bed room trailer home stripped of pretty much everything, with tons of various "trash" everywhere

Upon looking through the "trash" at the time I didn't know about drug use or what I was even looking at really, and it didn't hit me until a few years later that this was a heroin addict's home and there was a few syringes, some spoons, a couple radio antennas that were black and charred at the end, one of those rubber things to tie your arms off with and some papers with writing on them

The papers were letters (and I guess they never ended up being sent, also I don't remember exactly what they said but I do remember some of it) writing to his kid and mother of the kid about him being a lovely dope (I thought this meant weed at the time) addict and how he wanted to save up and buy him a bike and DVD player as well as him promising to get clean.

There were other letters but I don't remember what they said but all of this kind of flew over my head at 12/13 and didn't realize until many years later what was even going on in that place and that I seriously could have gotten hiv/hepatitis and am also confused as to why that mobile home was next to the church and what it's purpose even was

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

angrygoon, seriously do shrooms :shroom:

i have tons of research from the Johns Hopkins trials that shows psilocybin is incredibly effective at treating deeply ingrained anger and depression issues

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
It was the magic methhouse, "Heroine zone Arizona"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Did Ned Flanders send in a confession?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

rap music posted:

angrygoon, seriously do shrooms :shroom:

i have tons of research from the Johns Hopkins trials that shows psilocybin is incredibly effective at treating deeply ingrained anger and depression issues

and I tried showing it to the cops but they just didn't listen and that just set the anger issues off again :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i always wanted to believe it was really kane posting on here and he was really like gently caress me im 50 and don't want to put up with all this vince mcmahon bullshit corporate kane schtick