Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bum the Sad posted:

There's two different "Now Playings" there's one through the music app and another you can only access through your dock

You want to use this app

Not this one, which is built into the music app

Why I don't know.

mother of god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

yeah when I'm using another streaming app nothing even shows in now playing.

This really used to work a lot better.

Maybe unpair and repair your watch, because all my third party poo poo show up in the "Now Playing" just fine. Again not the "Music" app.

Here it is working with everything, Microsoft Groove, SiriusXM, Pandora and Spotify(prior post)

Again make sure this app is in your dock

Yeah it's loving dumb.

The good now playing doesn't even have a complication either.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 13, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah it's loving dumb.

Oh son of a bitch that was it. Who designed this poo poo?

Thanks for the help and the pictures because I wouldn't have figured that poo poo out.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

Oh son of a bitch that was it. Who designed this poo poo?

Thanks for the help and the pictures because I wouldn't have figured that poo poo out.

Goons helping goons :coolspot:

You must have removed it from your dock thinking it was redundant. That'll learn you to not delete that which you do not understand!

I noticed this "feature" like the day I bought the watch and it has been stuck in my head as retarded. I messed around with a bit, there's no actual even now playing app in the big app layout crown button thing, it's strictly a thing you can add to your dock. Anyway again it stuck in my head as something that might trip people up, hence the reason I went through the effort of taking all the photos, it's super loving non-intuitive.

But yeah the "Music" phone app is strictly an Apple Music app companion. Now Playing app is for everything(music included). I guess Now Playing app is analogous to the control center thing when you swipe up from the bottom of your phone.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 13, 2016

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Countdown until Weedle calls us old and retarded for find this confusing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm 48 and don't use any of this old person poo poo.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
It's lovely UI or exploding Android phones. I think we all know what's better.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm 48 and don't use any of this old person poo poo.
Like Spotify or Apple Watches?

Krispy Kareem posted:

It's lovely UI or exploding Android phones. I think we all know what's better.

Watch UI is fine but they really could have integrated the generalized player control into the watch Music app just to make it more convenient. Especially as there's no complication for now playing, requiring you to go to the Dock to gently caress with it. Where the music App you can front and center on the modular watch face.

For example you can be playing music through Spotify and Pandora etc.. and be able to control it through going to the Dock then to Now Playing but if you're using a watch face built around playing poo poo it'll sit like this stuck, and pretending nothing is playing

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 13, 2016

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Countdown until Weedle calls us old and retarded for find this confusing.

I haven't called anything "retarded" since I was like 17

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Weedle posted:

I haven't called anything "retarded" since I was like 17

Stop with your smug superior bullshit.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
My iPhone SE seems to randomly select which way is north. I've tried turning Compass Calibration off and on in Location Services and it did not fix this. Any ideas?
edit: restoring and updating to 10.0.2 seems to have fixed this

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 13, 2016

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Khablam posted:

This isn't a thing anymore, it'll just let you start using the iPhone with iTunes after doing an initial backup and asking for trust.

iTunes actually got most of it's hoop-jumping flaws fixed a while ago. People are too busy paying Apple to listen to their own music and back up their phones to have noticed though.

Well I will need to take another look at that then! I swear recently I encountered the same thing but will give it a go.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Bum the Sad posted:

Maybe unpair and repair your watch, because all my third party poo poo show up in the "Now Playing" just fine. Again not the "Music" app.

Here it is working with everything, Microsoft Groove, SiriusXM, Pandora and Spotify(prior post)

Yeah it's loving dumb.

Thanks for cutting through all of the teft and getting to the bottom of things.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

TraderStav posted:

Thanks for cutting through all of the teft and getting to the bottom of things.

:tipshat:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I love pissing on my phone

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So is texting via Siri even stupider with iOS 10 for anyone else? I'm asking Siri to text my wife (by name), Siri asks which number to use (mobile or home) and then gives me some bullshit excuse about not being able to find that person.

We're both on iPhones, both use iMessage and have an active iMessage conversation thread going. This worked a-ok pre upgrade.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Maneki Neko posted:

So is texting via Siri even stupider with iOS 10 for anyone else? I'm asking Siri to text my wife (by name), Siri asks which number to use (mobile or home) and then gives me some bullshit excuse about not being able to find that person.

We're both on iPhones, both use iMessage and have an active iMessage conversation thread going. This worked a-ok pre upgrade.
I haven't had any issues, and I use Siri to text some friends with weird names that I'm surprised she gets right. Is the number you want to text added as a favorite in the Phone app? I believe I've heard that it helps Siri with determining recipients.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bum the Sad posted:

There's two different "Now Playings" there's one through the music app and another you can only access through your dock

You want to use this app

Not this one, which is built into the music app

Why I don't know.

Thank you so much! I can't believe it's that difficult, but this saved my rear end because I pay for 6 family members on Spotify and had no interest in switching to Apple Music besides working with the watch. I'm getting Airpods day one so not being able to control my music via the watch would have been a deal breaker, as the pods really need the watch for easy volume/track control.

And just to counter that one guy that said "hey don't delete things from your dock until you understand it" that was NOT on my dock, ever.

I can't believe this is actually a thing. Anti-competitive dick move by Apple (even by their standards).

Taima fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 13, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

Obvious answer your wife is a hallucination?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Housh posted:

I love pissing on my phone
I use Touch ID to unlock my phone via a tender smooch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

Lick to unlock

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

It can't really be tender though because it happens so quick with the newer touch ID

Now the old 6 touch ID, you can really give that thing a smoocherino.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Housh posted:

Lick to unlock
No tongue, I haven't add that to my phone yet.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

DNK posted:

Has anyone else had issues with Bluetooth clipping in ios10? It's extremely annoying hearing a .05s stutter every 5 seconds. Experiencing it with a Flip 2 speaker but not in my car.

Looked back a few pages to see if anyone else was having the same problem as me.
I got some Jaybird X2 earbuds and when going out for a walk or something with my 7 Plus, the audio literally cuts out every few seconds unless I hold the phone in my hand with my elbows at 90 degrees, like above my midsection. In my pocket or even sometimes in my hand with my arms relaxed, the audio cuts out like crazy.
I've used the buds with my iPad and been able to walk around the kitchen while cooking with no issue.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really like iOS scraping calendar events out of my email for work and leisure events, but I have seen a huge uptick in spam calendar events. Is there any way to keep iOS from adding events that are already in my Junk folder?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm thinking I really ought to tidy up my Photos library a bit better. Is there a reason to have both Albums and Memories, or are there best ways I should be using the two different ways of grouping photos?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah it's loving dumb.

Why is your PayPal playing music

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

Why is your PayPal playing music

Pandora got a new logo a day or two ago.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Stop with your smug superior bullshit.

You're a grown man calling people "smug" and "superior" for not using slurs. Think about yourself.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Is it true that you can't unlock the 7 with a gloved finger because the new "fake" button doesn't think it's being pressed?
What are people working in a lab supposed to do?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Use best phone 6s+

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pegnose Pete posted:

Looked back a few pages to see if anyone else was having the same problem as me.
I got some Jaybird X2 earbuds and when going out for a walk or something with my 7 Plus, the audio literally cuts out every few seconds unless I hold the phone in my hand with my elbows at 90 degrees, like above my midsection. In my pocket or even sometimes in my hand with my arms relaxed, the audio cuts out like crazy.
I've used the buds with my iPad and been able to walk around the kitchen while cooking with no issue.

I've used like 5 different BT headsets with my 7+ and have never had this issue. Maybe yours has a bad BT radio or something.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Use best phone 6s

Agreed, truly madly deeply

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

the panacea posted:

Is it true that you can't unlock the 7 with a gloved finger because the new "fake" button doesn't think it's being pressed?

Their work :colbert:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

When I get a new text, the pop up shows the new message along with a bunch of older ones, including ones I've sent. I only want it to show new messages, not random old ones. Is this a known issue or what?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

the panacea posted:

Be courageous.

I think I heard some gloves work, but it's definitely fewer than before.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MarcusSA posted:

I've used like 5 different BT headsets with my 7+ and have never had this issue. Maybe yours has a bad BT radio or something.

BT in 10 (or 10.1 beta, not sure) is wonky. At least on my 7+.

Used to work a treat in my car... now it hitches and glitches and sometimes stops. (This is exacerbated by any kind of phone "thinking". Like opening a webpage, or getting a text.

It's almost definitely not your headphones.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Good one.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Be courageous.

I think I heard some gloves work, but it's definitely fewer than before.

Guess it's time to hit the store with a bag full of gloves :science:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

the panacea posted:

Use the... lock/unlock button?

Edit: oh you mean because they got rid of slide to unlock. Yeah, no idea!

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is the health app instantly crashing when you try to set it up a common thing?