Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zodium posted:

this explains why notorious weed nothaver querns is the saltiest of all about jump fatigue :catstare:

i can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but regardless, i think fatigue is necessary for the game to function and vastly prefer a game with it to a game without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but regardless, i think fatigue is necessary for the game to function and vastly prefer a game with it to a game without it

Nice deflection. Is it true you don't like marijuana? Yes or no, motherfucker.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

[–]ExWinet 3 points 9 hours ago
Peligro did his job well IWI has been caught out with RMTing on multiple occasions with some bankers banned here and some there
The last 6 months of gathering information on RMT the IWI site and giving that off to CCP make me happy to know that IWI is finally being shut down
I have no doubt its part of the Valve litigation as well but who gives a gently caress the biggest RMT website since sommerblink has been shut down
I for one say thanks for CCP and thanks for letting me get into IWI and gather that information for you
There is a reason other then hiding that Winet was biomassed
:p

What could some random shithead do that CCP couldn't do better, exactly? Eep says Peligro has a loving vendetta, Bugartist basically admitted the IWI narrative was poo poo and he was going to be up their asses for the rest of forever. I doubt they had an undercover secret space agent, and I doubt that anyone with what might qualify as a "real job" had anything to do with IWI going down. Bugartist probably just found something he had been looking for.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Nice deflection. Is it true you don't like marijuana? Yes or no, motherfucker.

of course i don't, marijuana is an illegal, dangerous drug and i am a law abiding christian boy with proper moral fiber :angel: :catholic:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

of course i don't, marijuana is an illegal, dangerous drug and i am a law abiding christian boy with proper moral fiber :angel: :catholic:

And I am the pope, check out my baller hat.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

carl sagan said weed molecules are made of stardust querns. can machines smoke a weed? no. because machines are only man made. god created the stars and the universe but not machines, so god created both weed and the universe. that's why a man can smoke a weed. a woman can smoke a weed. if you think about it, smoking a weed brings us closer to god. but a machine can't smoke a weed because it's of man, not of god. god b less

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

No design, no conception.

Oodles posted:

What's you're relationship like with Steve like? He sat on last year and this year's CSM and he should be able to give a comparison to both of them. He also appears impartial.

Not good.

I don't have a lot of respect for him as a CSM guy, he didn't accomplish much (anything?) and appeared to be more concerned about making sure CCP liked him than anything else. In the middle of one particularly contentious meeting at the end of the second summit of CSM 10, he was in the middle of trying to say that a thing that happened wasn't a problem. The thing in question being what led to CCP Falcon and CCP Leeloo being forcibly pulled from CSM duty a week before that summit. In the middle of his white knighting CCP, another respected neutral CSM member was like "if you don't think this is a problem, you can get out of the loving room while we discuss it. It's a huge issue and we're going to talk about it."

He has exactly as much emotional intelligence as you'd expect from a guy who runs his own solo alliance, and in general hates anything other than people hugging each other and professing mutual adoration. During the wormhole blowup, the thing where Fozzie somewhat implicated Sort Dragon for an unpopular wormhole change, Steve rightly posted on reddit that the driving CSM behind that change had been Manfred Sideous. After Steve posted the correction, Manny laid into Steve with a pile of intimidation type stuff, and kept twisting his arm until Steve rescinded his statements. It's one of the reasons he so rarely says negative stuff about anyone in public, he doesn't handle pushback well at all.

The "Endie puppet" bit did indeed happen, and is just a thing Endie does. As I've said before, Endie is good with words, and an exceptional manipulator. The backchannel type things that he prefers has an ideal environment on the CSM, too. One of his favorite things to do is to find a proxy, rile them up in private, and then set them loose in public to fight his battles for him. You saw this with the Xander leaks from last year, Endie played on Xander's existing preconceptions, and tried to stoke that into public callouts on CZ and the like. It's a neat tactic, it lets him fight pretty dirty while keeping his hands relatively clean and being immune from the consequences. Had Xander not leaked it, and had CZ followed through with Endie's advice, CZ would have published more hit piece stuff, and Endie could sit back and chortle about how he'd played them for his own ends. That's exactly what was happening with Steve. Which I know because there are certain markers that you learn to recognize that make his handiwork easy to spot once you're used to it. But in this case, more obviously, Endie went down a list of CSM members he thought would be likely to not like me to get them to do the same things he got Steve to do. They passed it along to me, we had a good laugh, some of the other CSM members we like "aww why didn't he contact me to poo poo on you too, I guess he doesn't like me" and then I called Steve out on it. Steve is, unfortunately, particularly vulnerable to this kind of manipulation.

I don't know Steve personally all that well, but as a CSM member, he doesn't add any value being there. He rarely contributed during sessions or meetings, and wasn't in touch with enough people directly to really represent anyone other than himself. As for impartial, there is no one on the last CSM who could be characterized as impartial. Leaving aside my tendency to polarize people, it was an ugly, divisive, drama filled CSM.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
im gonna build a weed smoking robot

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why is everyone talking about gambling when the real scandal is that they are making pink ship skins but only for industrials? That's not fair at all.

https://community.eveonline.com/new...ncer-awareness/

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Why is everyone talking about gambling when the real scandal is that they are making pink ship skins but only for industrials? That's not fair at all.

I'm gonna gank every pink ship in HS, until CCP make it an official Hello Kitty skin

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Oh good lord I am getting some of that!!!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

terrified of my bathroom posted:

im gonna build a weed smoking robot

hello

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Who ever you are, thank you.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Our masked MVP.

Another hero we deserve (after VG).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

all i got to say is :laffo:

the mittani was right, kcolor was right

PL/TISHU lied iwantisk died

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've never quite understood why people who dislike eve and/or CCP enough to quit still stick around on forums for years afterwards. Normal games just have people quit and move on to the next mmo, eve's ex-playerbase just keeps on putting sugar in the gas tank time and time again.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

I've never quite understood why people who dislike eve and/or CCP enough to quit still stick around on forums for years afterwards. Normal games just have people quit and move on to the next mmo, eve's ex-playerbase just keeps on putting sugar in the gas tank time and time again.

It's also the most hilarious aspect of EVE's ex-players.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I used to be mildly space important 8 years ago. Let me tell you why eve sucks, why my old alliance sucked*, why ccp sucks, why I quit** in just 4000 :words:

*it was LV

**we got rofflestomped by goons

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Outside of RZR and FCON I actually had really good participation from allies. SMA/TNT/EXE all showed up to my fleets and were made welcome. Most notably EXE and TNT made up some of my most valued dudes. INIT kinda did it's own thing but we had a few guys that would drop in on the rare occasion they deployed with the coalition.

RZR guys wouldn't have poo poo to do with goons unless it was a dire necessity and just about any FCON guy that came over to see "How the other half lived" rapidly found their way into one of the pubcorps (Usually Thunderwaffe/AMOK) because yes, FCON was that bad.

Top Goon and it's volatile activity levels and revolving door leadership were not representative of how allies attempted to integrate into our squad/sig system. And if you're not referring to Top Goon, allies integrating into mainfleet wasn't the question at hand.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Unfunny Poster posted:

From what he said in the past, Sion thinks Steve is an Endie puppet.

So Steve and Darius are peers or something?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

learnincurve posted:

I used to be mildly space important 8 years ago. Let me tell you why eve sucks,

im being flamed

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

facultas posted:

Not good.

I don't have a lot of respect for him as a CSM guy, he didn't accomplish much (anything?) and appeared to be more concerned about making sure CCP liked him than anything else. In the middle of one particularly contentious meeting at the end of the second summit of CSM 10, he was in the middle of trying to say that a thing that happened wasn't a problem. The thing in question being what led to CCP Falcon and CCP Leeloo being forcibly pulled from CSM duty a week before that summit. In the middle of his white knighting CCP, another respected neutral CSM member was like "if you don't think this is a problem, you can get out of the loving room while we discuss it. It's a huge issue and we're going to talk about it."

He has exactly as much emotional intelligence as you'd expect from a guy who runs his own solo alliance, and in general hates anything other than people hugging each other and professing mutual adoration. During the wormhole blowup, the thing where Fozzie somewhat implicated Sort Dragon for an unpopular wormhole change, Steve rightly posted on reddit that the driving CSM behind that change had been Manfred Sideous. After Steve posted the correction, Manny laid into Steve with a pile of intimidation type stuff, and kept twisting his arm until Steve rescinded his statements. It's one of the reasons he so rarely says negative stuff about anyone in public, he doesn't handle pushback well at all.

The "Endie puppet" bit did indeed happen, and is just a thing Endie does. As I've said before, Endie is good with words, and an exceptional manipulator. The backchannel type things that he prefers has an ideal environment on the CSM, too. One of his favorite things to do is to find a proxy, rile them up in private, and then set them loose in public to fight his battles for him. You saw this with the Xander leaks from last year, Endie played on Xander's existing preconceptions, and tried to stoke that into public callouts on CZ and the like. It's a neat tactic, it lets him fight pretty dirty while keeping his hands relatively clean and being immune from the consequences. Had Xander not leaked it, and had CZ followed through with Endie's advice, CZ would have published more hit piece stuff, and Endie could sit back and chortle about how he'd played them for his own ends. That's exactly what was happening with Steve. Which I know because there are certain markers that you learn to recognize that make his handiwork easy to spot once you're used to it. But in this case, more obviously, Endie went down a list of CSM members he thought would be likely to not like me to get them to do the same things he got Steve to do. They passed it along to me, we had a good laugh, some of the other CSM members we like "aww why didn't he contact me to poo poo on you too, I guess he doesn't like me" and then I called Steve out on it. Steve is, unfortunately, particularly vulnerable to this kind of manipulation.

I don't know Steve personally all that well, but as a CSM member, he doesn't add any value being there. He rarely contributed during sessions or meetings, and wasn't in touch with enough people directly to really represent anyone other than himself. As for impartial, there is no one on the last CSM who could be characterized as impartial. Leaving aside my tendency to polarize people, it was an ugly, divisive, drama filled CSM.

is this fuzzysteve ronuken noted solo highsec guy and champion of pubbiedom?

alienhunter3
Aug 23, 2007
and don't call me shirley.

Orange Red Bull posted:

the mittani was right, kcolor was right

PL/TISHU lied iwantisk died

Don't forget NC. being constitutionally (and comically) incapable of not shooting 'allies'.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
That loving PL app thread Zeph linked was the absolute worst. I feel so bad for that Pari Shana (sp?) guy. He had no idea what to expect in the app process. Those PL assholes just blindsided him and loving DJ's stupid rear end was just all like "huh? What?" Like a loving retard. That's a loving goon out there twisting in the wind in the land of elite pvp -- which he knows nothing about -- just because he wants to fly spaceships with his friends (some friend DJ turned out to be.)

That is why PL loving sucks. That is why elite pvp culture is terrible, and that is what goons fight against. Don't forget it. You should be loving ashamed of what you've let your corp turn into, Endie. Welcome to the grinder and tell me how those elite nuts taste. Disgusting. I'm legit mad about the way that guy was treated. Any goon should be. gently caress them forever.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

Top Goon and it's volatile activity levels and revolving door leadership were not representative of how allies attempted to integrate into our squad/sig system. And if you're not referring to Top Goon, allies integrating into mainfleet wasn't the question at hand.

:rolleyes: the activity levels and leadership revolving door literally all became issues after Theadj stepped in to fix what wasn't broken. Our directors could literally suck the fun out of a blowjob if given motivation to do so and a metrics report they could fill out afterwards.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daco Vato posted:

That loving PL app thread Zeph linked was the absolute worst. I feel so bad for that Pari Shana (sp?) guy. He had no idea what to expect in the app process. Those PL assholes just blindsided him and loving DJ's stupid rear end was just all like "huh? What?" Like a loving retard. That's a loving goon out there twisting in the wind in the land of elite pvp -- which he knows nothing about -- just because he wants to fly spaceships with his friends (some friend DJ turned out to be.)

That is why PL loving sucks. That is why elite pvp culture is terrible, and that is what goons fight against. Don't forget it. You should be loving ashamed of what you've let your corp turn into, Endie. Welcome to the grinder and tell me how those elite nuts taste. Disgusting. I'm legit mad about the way that guy was treated. Any goon should be. gently caress them forever.

he's from karma, not a real place calm down

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Oh look, reddit finally realized that whole Care4Kids charity might not in fact be an actual charity after all.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

:rolleyes: the activity levels and leadership revolving door literally all became issues after Theadj stepped in to fix what wasn't broken. Our directors could literally suck the fun out of a blowjob if given motivation to do so and a metrics report they could fill out afterwards.

I literally don't care about any of that poo poo. It has nothing to do with ally assimilation into secondary goonfleet.com groups.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Doesn't matter it's still bullshit. Oh and I consider karmafleet goons actual goons and the fact that some (are you part of that group?) seriously don't is a problem. Joking is fine, but when the rubber meets the road those dudes should be treated the same for the most part.

And no I will not calm down. I was in a poo poo mood for ~reasons~ and reading that bullshit made it worse. Don't add to the fire dad.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
calm down idiot

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I am making angry face at my computer screen RIGHT NOW

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Karma are just like anyone else in the coalition no one actually cares about it, that's how well they were integrated

Also apparently we're taking back fuckwits who quit during Saranen and posted on reddit about it for karma

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Nice meltdown.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

4th Horseman posted:

Karma are just like anyone else in the coalition no one actually cares about it, that's how well they were integrated

It seems you found the post button again. Try adding some actual content first next time though.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
From the IWI channel log shortly before the hammer fell:

quote:

[ 2016.10.12 13:29:06 ] Commander Khamsi > used to run 15-20 tabs
[ 2016.10.12 13:29:11 ] Vickran > last update there was ages ago
[ 2016.10.12 13:29:13 ] Vickran > haha
[ 2016.10.12 13:29:16 ] Commander Khamsi > can barely run 8 tabs now w/o it laggin
[ 2016.10.12 13:29:35 ] Commander Khamsi > cuz of 100 tab scripters ruining it for legit ppl

People mega-multiboxed slots on IWI so hard that IWI introduced extra CPU load to discourage it (they even called it "tidi"). Yeah I'm gonna take the only redeeming feature of slots (the "fun" of a remote possibility of an outsized payout for a minuscule investment, middle school-level probability lessons be damned) and, through the power of large numbers, turn it into a guaranteed loss :psyboom:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

So Steve and Darius are peers or something?

steves allince hasn't collapsed in failure

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Daco Vato posted:

It seems you found the post button again. Try adding some actual content first next time though.

funny coming from you, shut up

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

No design, no conception.

Orange Red Bull posted:

is this fuzzysteve ronuken noted solo highsec guy and champion of pubbiedom?

Yeah.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shut the gently caress up Daco.

The problem with Top Goon is Top Goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Discussion Quorum posted:

From the IWI channel log shortly before the hammer fell:

People mega-multiboxed slots on IWI so hard that IWI introduced extra CPU load to discourage it (they even called it "tidi"). Yeah I'm gonna take the only redeeming feature of slots (the "fun" of a remote possibility of an outsized payout for a minuscule investment, middle school-level probability lessons be damned) and, through the power of large numbers, turn it into a guaranteed loss :psyboom:

pubbies gotta pub

• Locked thread