Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jewmanji posted:

I interrupt this thread to bring you the next Herzog/Michael Shannon joint:

http://www.avclub.com/article/micha...=Main:1:Default

Don't care about Shannon, but color me intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Don't care about Shannon, but color me intrigued.

Gael Garcia Bernal, on the other hand...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Indeed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Herzog+Shannon=Take my money please

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Don't care about Shannon,

da gently caress?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sorry, guy.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Veronica Ferres? What the gently caress. Did they get money from some German arts fund and he had to cast her as part of the deal?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

kiimo posted:

Salt and Fire is DOPE but don't watch it for GGB, is alls I'm sayin.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

Veronica Ferres? What the gently caress. Did they get money from some German arts fund and he had to cast her as part of the deal?
Is she an bad actress or do you mean it feels like a random casting? Never heard of her
Pretty sure they did get money from some German arts fund tho

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, she's just this very bland German actress who should never be in anything else than German TV productions. It just feels weird to see her name in a Herzog movie. I mean, I'll still watch the movie, because Michael Shannon.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In the Q&A at TIFF he seemed quite taken with her, and she's quite good here. I didn't see anything wrong with her performance.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsPEl-xOv0

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I turned that trailer off 40 seconds in, because I'm totally sold on it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mierenneuker posted:

I turned that trailer off 40 seconds in, because I'm totally sold on it.

I wish I'd turned that trailer off 40 seconds in, because Russell Brand is in it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i'm assuming it's based on this and oh it's a great read http://www.gq.com/story/gary-faulkner-hunts-osama-bin-laden

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah this looks loving awesome.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jedit posted:

I wish I'd turned that trailer off 40 seconds in, because Russell Brand is in it.

He appears about 25 seconds in

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

This looks amazing. I cannot wait.

I love Nic Cage. I love Russell Brand. Everything about this looks amazing

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Nicholas Cage is a fantastic comedic performer its to bad he keeps doing other style of films.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

For a moment there I was wondering if this was a movie about the goon Caro. Either way, looks hilarious. I wonder if they'll ever make a movie based on Caro, that'd be crazy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Eh! Frank posted:

For a moment there I was wondering if this was a movie about the goon Caro. Either way, looks hilarious. I wonder if they'll ever make a movie based on Caro, that'd be crazy.

It's about a dude called Gary Faulkner who actually did all that stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5E3mbr0Nc

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

evil hollywood whitewashed caro into a crazy white person with a samurai sword

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

Awwww poo poo.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Holy poo poo this feels like a star wars movie I've been waiting for since I was a kid

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

This is extremely my poo poo. Just wow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The clip of Vader walking out of the steam towards Krennic literally made me choke for a second.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, that was really good. Wow.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The dialogue feels a lot more Star Wars-y in that trailer, in both good and bad ways. But the visuals are still amazing, and only cement my opinion that this will probably be the best-looking movie in the entire franchise.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Spergatory posted:

The dialogue feels a lot more Star Wars-y in that trailer, in both good and bad ways. But the visuals are still amazing, and only cement my opinion that this will probably be the best-looking movie in the entire franchise.

Plus some Donnie Yen blind jedi action.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

teagone posted:

The clip of Vader walking out of the steam towards Krennic literally made me choke for a second.

It's the most obvious way ever to make Vader look badass but drat it I don't care that poo poo looks awesome! Love how fast he walks too, he ain't got time for that slow menacing poo poo, Vader is out for blood.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vader should be as inhuman as possible. Just this thing you have to loving run from. I liked the way he was used in seasons 1 and 2 or Rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-jQL-0oxTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

I liked him in Get Him to the Greek even though I turned off one of his stand-up specials very quickly. I don't know, I'm not as over-saturated with Russel Brand enough to hate him like some people seem to be. What's he even been in that people are sick of him? IMDB says Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek, and a bunch of lovely Dreamworks movies--- Oh, I see, he's associated with the Minions, I suppose that is reason enough to hate him.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
So is Rogue One a prequel to the OT? Does that mean all of these guys are going to die? :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Skizzzer posted:

So is Rogue One a prequel to the OT? Does that mean all of these guys are going to die? :(

It's about how the Rebels got the plans to the Death Star to destroy it the first time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Skizzzer posted:

It's possible but with a story that spans an entire galaxy it's not crazy to think they could have gotten away and been up to other poo poo while the OT was happening.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Skizzzer posted:

It's literally an adaptation of the middle paragraph of Episode IV's opening crawl. So yeah, survival prospects aren't great for everyone not named Mon Mothma.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well gently caress me. That looks fantastic.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

:gizz: I'm spurtin' here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I've never been much of a Star Wars fan per se but I applaud and appreciate the return of the snotty aristocratic British villains. I don't think we've had those guys in a while. I enjoy the little eye roll he does when he first picks up Mads.
If anything Vader makes me more leery. Last time I saw him in a Star Wars it uhhhh wasn't great. Seems like one of those characters that might be too iconic

• Locked thread