Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Sabitelli was a huge bust in the NFL though, right?

Ehhh he was a 2nd round pick that never really lived up to expectations, but it's hard to say how much of it was being a bust and how much was because of injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Ehhh he was a 2nd round pick that never really lived up to expectations, but it's hard to say how much of it was being a bust and how much was because of injuries.

Either way it's really loving funny to watch him work heel here in Tampa Bay because Bucs fans heckle the poo poo out of him

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

holy poo poo Blake got fat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Buddy Murphy deserves better

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

He's legitimately the most underrated worker in NXT, possibly in the company

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

achillesforever6 posted:

He does, he's a very good worker and has captured Alexa's cold heart.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

lmao one of the "security" guys is Niko Bogojevic, who's in the Dusty Classic

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I shall always love ejection tantrums, contract signings being just about business, and the pull apart brawl.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

quote:

There's one player who will always be the worst Buccaneer I've ever seen play. The very worst one. The player who will forever be engraved in my memory as the worst football player I've ever seen start a game: Sabby Piscitelli.

I am not exaggerating here. Piscitelli was horrifying. He tried to play safety, but looked more like a safety valve for the offense. He couldn't cover anyone. His angles to tackles were atrocious. He routinely whiffed on tackles even when his angle was good. He caused more blown coverages than anyone I can remember. According to Football Outsiders, he led the NFL in missed tackles in 2009. The entire NFL. And not by any small margin, either: he had 24 missed tackles. No one else even had 20.

Watching Sabby play wasn't just like watching a trainwreck in progress: it was like watching a trainwreck with the absolutely certainty that trainwrecks were to keep occurring play after play, week after week, month after month until Raheem Morris finally accepted that trainwrecks are no way to stop someone from scoring.

http://www.bucsnation.com/platform/amp/2014/8/8/5982589/the-worst-buccaneer-of-the-past-10-years

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dr. rear end posted:

lmao one of the "security" guys is Niko Bogojevic, who's in the Dusty Classic
And Nakamura hit the Great Black Otaku

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wweaustralia/status/786386219445780480

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

assuming this is gonna be taped for TV episodes like that big Orlando show a few months back?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That look on Samoa Joe's face when he realized Nakamura was no longer injured was goddamn amazing.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

nxt paul knew I was coming to this show and wanted to make sure it was great. thank you nxt paul.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sanity: good
this Billie Kay + Peyton Royce promo: I want to die

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

It's also gonna have a steel cage match between Joe and Nakamura and I'm REALLY loving glad I'm going to this show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

liv morgan matches give corey graves a venue to endlessly poo poo on new jersey and it fuckin rules

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Sanity is going to have an "All the Gold" moment in 6 months imo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Solus posted:

Sanity is going to have an "All the Gold" moment in 6 months imo.

If this happens, I hope it's because they've brought in Tommy End as a member of the group instead of giving the NXT title to Eric Young, who made Sanity a million times less intimidating by having a Canadian flag patch.

I'm enjoying the way NXT is(/was) building things no-one cares about like Dan Matha's debut and Blake vs. Murphy, then having Joe just wreck them. I felt a bit bad for Blake and Murphy because it seemed like they were given just enough time to have the crowd start to care about their match before Joe showed up.

Has Itami/Ibushi's first round match been taped yet btw?

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 13, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Sabitelli was a huge bust in the NFL though, right?

He made a roster for a while, which is more than former WWE champion Roman Reigns can say

Baron Corbyn posted:

If this happens, I hope it's because they've brought in Tommy End as a member of the group instead of giving the NXT title to Eric Young, who made Sanity a million times less intimidating by having a Canadian flag patch.

I'm enjoying the way NXT is(/was) building things no-one cares about like Dan Matha's debut and Blake vs. Murphy, then having Joe just wreck them. I felt a bit bad for Blake and Murphy because it seemed like they were given just enough time to have the crowd start to care about their match before Joe showed up.

Has Itami/Ibushi's first round match been taped yet btw?

Tommy End's gimmick should just be staring holes in people and then kicking them in the head, not whatever post-apocalyptic cosplayer bullshit they're doing with Sanity.

I don't recall seeing the Itami/Ibushi team in the reports from the last NXT taping. I imagine that teamup would have been all over social media as soon as it happened if they taped a match prior to announcing the team.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 13, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sanity's entrance theme sounds like Primus remixed by a fart machine.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
99.9% sure my NXT debut would be as awkward as Nikki's:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786359436340101120

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Sanity seem cool. Nice to have a new stable.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Two more themes added to WWE's music channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuqBzHALNxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCa_Shtq9cQ

Here's one for SAnitY that isn't on WWEMusic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mih2B4wOmx0

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

It sounded like a bad Residents cover by Primus remixed with a fart machine with a laugh from a Creepy Pasta

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Sanity gimmick screams of edgelord. I'll give it a little time, but I already began cringing during the entrance. Nikki came across alright though, even with the awkwardness.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

tattoo artists should be forced to sign some sort of hippocratic oath that prevents them from doing stuff like this

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not sure that would help. From the looks of it, it was done by his buddy named Sal who learned how to tattoo in prison.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Please cut Tino and give this theme to Shelton Benjamin when he arrives.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Sanity: good
this Billie Kay + Peyton Royce promo: I want to die

Liv is so loving bad.

eric young's weird finisher move: really neat.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is that sharpie and mod podge?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like it's a hasty coverup for whatever the red thing was. Maybe it originally said 'SARA'

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm absolutely positive that's a flower and is part of it from the beginning.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sanity looks like someone saw Decay in TNA and were like "how do we make this less interesting"

I'll give it a chance because NXT could always use more stables, but first impression was less than stellar.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

MinibarMatchman posted:

eric young's weird finisher move: really neat.
It used to be his finisher in TNA when he first started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpKX71bTNWU

As a bonus, I found this while searching for that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9AcR6iD1I

Benne posted:

Sanity looks like someone saw Decay in TNA and were like "how do we make this less interesting"
I see no comparison between the two, really.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What is the point of the weird capitalization in Sanity? It's not even properly intercapped like some lovely message board handle circa 2003!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

sticklefifer posted:

so, Primus

• Locked thread