Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Who are the front runners for the job and who do our resident Villa fans want?

Steve Bruce and David Wagner are frontrunners according to media. Bruce could do a solid job I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just need to remember to sack him once villa get promoted

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce was one of the managers caught by the Telegraph, they haven't all be revealed yet have they?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
http://www.football365.com/news/sherwood-expresses-interest-in-aston-villa-vacancy

do it villa

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Just showed this to my buddy at work, he's melting down

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bruce is the obvious choice. He's good in the Championship.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

*kills self*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the virgin trains twitter account made some harmless tweet about villa's new manager and the official villa twitter account got salty

https://twitter.com/VirginTrains/status/783303494187057152

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
This was the only worthwhile thing to come out of the footy today

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Looking likely that Steve Bruce will be getting the Villa job. I'm ok with this.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Football status: slightly less dead

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/09/afc-wimbledon-above-mk-dons-league-one

quote:

AFC Wimbledon have reached a historic milestone by climbing above Milton Keynes Dons in the football pyramid for the first time – only 14 years after they were formed.

Neal Ardley’s side defeated Oxford United 3-1 to move up to 10th in League One, two places above MK Dons, who lost 1-0 at home to Port Vale. Wimbledon took a 3-0 half-time lead at the Kassam Stadium through Tom Elliott, Darius Charles and Andy Barcham, before a Charles own goal offered Oxford consolation.

Alex Jones’ first-half goal proved enough for Port Vale to prevail at stadium:mk, with Ben Reeves hitting the bar for the hosts with a late free-kick. Karl Robinson’s team drop to 12th, while Port Vale climb to fourth.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Does this mean MK Dons will vanish at midnight?

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Frankston posted:

Looking likely that Steve Bruce will be getting the Villa job. I'm ok with this.

https://twitter.com/SarcyFringehead/status/785082426238373888/photo/1

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Steve Bruce is Benjamin buttoning into Taylor Twellman

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The doctor says our new manager will be announced tomorrow.

Telegraph seem certain it's Bruce http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/11/aston-villa-to-appoint-steve-bruce-as-manager-on-wednesday/

Frankston fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 11, 2016

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Steve Bruce to Aston Villa is a done deal

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/786257938302185472

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Also Derby have appointed Steve McClaren for the second time. A good day all round for Steves.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

all steves matter

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you your fired and never come back.

*Guides Newcastle to Championship*

How about your old job back?

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

Hahhaha get hosed

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Steve Bruce had his first interview today and pointed out that Villa have won 4 out of 54 games, holy cow.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

lol so Di Matteo's 1 win in 12 was actually an improvement, he just needed more time.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Norwich was one of the four, shame on you.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I honestly thought we might have been 2 of them. We have an awful record against Villa, loving Agbonlahor is like Suarez against us.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bruce has dropped Westwood, I love him

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

BELIEVE THE HYPE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dwight Gayle owns a lot

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Frankston posted:

Bruce has dropped Westwood, I love him

Hope ruined.

Didn't watch the match, but Villa fans are being Villa fans on their forum and saying it was the worst second half they have ever played.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

loving Villa lmao

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The top two are going to pull away now goodbye everyone enjoy your playoff hunt

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I thought Newcastle paid way too much for Dwight Gayle but it looks like a pretty impressive buy. He must be top of the goalscoring charts right?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ukle posted:

Hope ruined.

Didn't watch the match, but Villa fans are being Villa fans on their forum and saying it was the worst second half they have ever played.

It was a really bad second half, I don't think we had a single shot and Wolves should have won 4 or 5-1.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I thought Newcastle paid way too much for Dwight Gayle but it looks like a pretty impressive buy. He must be top of the goalscoring charts right?

He shouldn't be playing in the Championship.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he really shouldn't. i thought ritchie was going to be our best signing but gayle is so loving good i have no idea what pardew was thinking

shelvey is also playing really well but idk how much is he's finally sorted his head out or just that championship teams don't mark him like happened last season meaning the fact he doesn't run or tackle much is less of an issue

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

With Palace signing Benteke, Gayle could have thrived in a big man little man system.

He was a one goal in four matches striker for Palace, and their leading scorer in the Premier League while never being first choice for like three seasons.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i desperately want him and mitrovic to start but it must be really poo poo in training because benitez has never played them together

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Mitrovic's patented 'come off the bench and get a ridiculous booking straight away to show how hard I am' move probably riles Rafa quite a bit too.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Good to see the Owls chew up the Terriers with their mighty beaks and regurgitate the bones all over the playoff spots

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

I love Big Dwight G

x2

Steves Asleep fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:same:

• Locked thread