Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

U-DO Burger posted:

Holy poo poo Mug Bloodlust is amazing and turns your thief into a DPS machine. I can't wait to hone this sucker

Yeah, I'm overjoyed whenever I can bring it.

Speaking of 6* skills, is it really recommended to use the job motes from 5 Dooms to acquire copies of the 6* skills for shattering? I still have yet to really touch 6* skills since I'm not certain which ones are worth investing in atm (aside from Bloodlust; I want to R2 that ASAP), and honing them to R2 seems out of reach for now. Still, I wouldn't mind having something like Northern Cross kicking around, just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
It's the objective best thing to do with them, at least until the far flung future when crystals aren't a complete and utter ballbashing nightmare to get more than you can count on one hand per event... but I think the only skills you can definitely get enough crystals for with just the motes from the event are R2 Lifebane(:() and R2 Aegis (:().

Also for the U++ talk; Stomps are not ITD. So Protectga is still a very good thing. It's just his magic that is a volley of infinite resistance ignoring.

(Incidentally, if you're a long time player and still having problems; His magic's all fire, because... because. If you've got the gear to resist that up without it costing you a lot, it's a good way to really hurt his offense at a low cost.)

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I think I can beat the U+ dragon zombie fight if I do the build-up-SB-and-mythril-continue trick. How do I get the most out of my continue? If I move all my characters to the back row for the SB-building run, then continue, then flee and move my attackers into the front row, do I lose the continue bonus?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Magic Breakdance, Full Breakdance and everyone in the back row should be more than enough mitigation to keep all of his hits manageable. Power Breakdance can help if Stamp Out is wrecking you. An auto Haste on your healer isn't a bad idea. Hastega is not going to help much.

Nope. I did it with hastega before and no dances, I was able to keep healing up but his aoe's were not manageable. Without hastega and the dances, the aoe's were more than survivable, but when your healer can only heal one dude in-between aoes, you loose people fast. So I'm doing both, and having vincent use both charges of the rw.

Seriously, hastega is a huge part of the trinity. Haste is not an easy piece of the trinity to ditch, not at this level. At the very least, my healers absolutely need it as well as my one damage dealer.

Edit: I ran out of hope's bsb rw'ers so I guess I'll have yo wait until tomorrow to finish this. I kept getting to the last 50k or so before being killed, so this should be simple now.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sprite141 posted:

Nope. I did it with hastega before and no dances, I was able to keep healing up but his aoe's were not manageable. Without hastega and the dances, the aoe's were more than survivable, but when your healer can only heal one dude in-between aoes, you loose people fast. So I'm doing both, and having vincent use both charges of the rw.

Seriously, hastega is a huge part of the trinity. Haste is not an easy piece of the trinity to ditch, not at this level. At the very least, my healers absolutely need it as well as my one damage dealer.

Edit: I ran out of hope's bsb rw'ers so I guess I'll have yo wait until tomorrow to finish this. I kept getting to the last 50k or so before being killed, so this should be simple now.

I'll say this one last time.

Your healer can use an auto haste RM. They are good and work five.

Burst mode grants haste to your damage dealer(s).

I'm not disputing the value of haste. I am disputing the value of AOE haste given the other tools this strategy requires.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

For those considering spending all your mythril on the Celes/Locke banners in next week's event in Japan, don't forget that we're getting a World of Final Fantasy cross-promotion event with new characters and new relics for those characters the following week. As a reminder, the last two times an event has introduced a pair of new characters for a brand new realm, we got the first FF14 banner and the first FFT banner. I expect them to push the envelope again for WoFF.

Hell, even if they give it the respect the Mobius banners did, it'd be great. Wol and Echo aren't the greatest characters, but their flaws aren't in their relics, in the slightest.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, I just didn't feel like I was missing anything by bringing Haste instead of a hastega. Burst already hastes the two damage dealers, and I could pretty casually just cycle Haste and Multi Break on Cait Sith the entire battle. :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Edly posted:

I think I can beat the U+ dragon zombie fight if I do the build-up-SB-and-mythril-continue trick. How do I get the most out of my continue? If I move all my characters to the back row for the SB-building run, then continue, then flee and move my attackers into the front row, do I lose the continue bonus?

Yes, you'll lose the bonus if you leave the fight.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I'll say this one last time.

Your healer can use an auto haste RM. They are good and work five.

Burst mode grants haste to your damage dealer(s).

I'm not disputing the value of haste. I am disputing the value of AOE haste given the other tools this strategy requires.

Ok so something you don't know because I didn't say it, but I was using a very low mind synergy shared cure medica item. I kinda needed it, but with very low mind due to not having a good mind weapon, my healer had desert blossom equipped as her rm. With desert blossom and like 370 mind, it only did a 1.4k heal, so I wasn't gonna unequip it.

And yeah, I was gonna put haste and a haste rm on my second healer. turns out it's unessesary as my latest setup is far superior to what either of us were doing. I mean reno's damage was poo poo anyway, why not lower it a tad and bring protega + hastega? Now I just need to find another hope bsb rw.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Zurai posted:

For those considering spending all your mythril on the Celes/Locke banners in next week's event in Japan, don't forget that we're getting a World of Final Fantasy cross-promotion event with new characters and new relics for those characters the following week. As a reminder, the last two times an event has introduced a pair of new characters for a brand new realm, we got the first FF14 banner and the first FFT banner. I expect them to push the envelope again for WoFF.

And if the WoFF banner turns out to be a bust after all, the Celes/Locke banners will still be active.

And we're almost certain to get a FFXV event in late November/early December, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't an excellent banner. So again, might be worth saving up mythril.

Edly posted:

Have you tried the hit and run tactic? That's where you put a white magic spring RM on your healer, go into the fight and have everyone do one attack and your healer cast curaja, and then flee. Repeat over and over to build up SB charges. Costs no mythril, and since you're fleeing between fight there's no problem moving people to the front row when you're done.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

It's 6 single-target wind hits, attach wind, and a higher multiplier depending on the number of 5* dragoons in the party. They keep trying to push this "party of dragoons" angle, but dragoons get almost no ability diversity. I mean, they're better than monks, but as far as I know there's no White 4, Support 5, or other important skillsets on a dragoon.
All three of Ricard's fans must be weeping tears of joy about an SSB that's essentially identical to every en[element] SSB. Sorry guys.

That said, it should be functional without any other dragoons. I don't know the multiplier but enaero is a huge boost.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

IcePhoenix posted:

(do Hope's BSB commands even count as summon attacks?)

Hope's BSB commands are black magic and they work with the "chance of black magic casting twice" RM. It's satisfying as gently caress when it procs.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Speaking of U+ Dragon Zombie woes, I find myself struggling to keep up around phase two or three. When I took a hiatus six months ago I had utterly ridiculous levels of high-end VII stuff that is probably slightly less high-end now.

What I'm trying now:

Sephiroth - Flashing Blade, that one AoE Fire samurai ability, +20%ATK w/ Sap (has Black Materia)
Cloud - Lifesiphon, Fira Strike, +Soul Gauge/action (has Fenrir Overdrive)
Ramza - Full Break, Power Breakdown, +Soul Gauge/action (has Tailwind)
Lenna - Shellga, Curaja, Start SB (has Flames of War and Princess' Favor)
Y'shtola - Magic Breakdown, Diaga, Start SB (has SSII)

Previous attempts have included Tifa with Waterkick and Burning Arrow and I also have LH; I also wasn't quite sure what RW to take with that setup.

(Not everyone is at their max level and no one has any Sphere skills.)

Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure I can get through this

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

AweStriker posted:

Speaking of U+ Dragon Zombie woes, I find myself struggling to keep up around phase two or three. When I took a hiatus six months ago I had utterly ridiculous levels of high-end VII stuff that is probably slightly less high-end now.

What I'm trying now:

Sephiroth - Flashing Blade, that one AoE Fire samurai ability, +20%ATK w/ Sap (has Black Materia)
Butt - Lifesiphon, Fira Strike, +Soul Gauge/action (has Fenrir Overdrive)

Previous attempts have included Tifa with Waterkick and Burning Arrow and I also have LH; I also wasn't quite sure what RW to take with that setup.

What are you RWing? If you have Flames of War and are using it, you can maybe forego Shout and RW a Pencil/Hope/Garnet/Beatrix BSB for holy smackdown.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

AweStriker posted:

What I'm trying now:

Cloud - Lifesiphon, Fira Strike, +Soul Gauge/action (has Fenrir Overdrive)

What are you bringing as a RW? If Lenna's Flames of War are enough to take you up to the attack softcap, you should probably bring a good medica (I'm thinking one with magic blink to use just before you kill two of the dragons, to nullify their Pandora's Boxes). If you're not doing enough damage, you might want to go with Shout and bring a healer with another medica or something. If you go that route, you might put the [Start with SB] RM on Ramza, so you can use Tailwind early and get Protectga up. WIth Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Full Break, the breakdowns, and two medicas, you should be able to weather a lot of punishment.

Other than that it's general strategy stuff. If you have a stronger single-target option for Sephiroth than Flashing Blade (or another lifesiphon), do that. Preferably you want to do as much damage to the third one as possible with SBs so you don't get countered into the ground.

Edit:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

What are you RWing? If you have Flames of War and are using it, you can maybe forego Shout and RW a Pencil/Hope/Garnet/Beatrix BSB for holy smackdown.

Or that. Celes too, which gives +30 ATK/mag and holy-based spellblade bursts. I brought Celes', but my problem was I was doing damage too fast, and I couldn't get all the breaks and re-up mitigation in time while dealing with all their AoE death counters and such. I think taking this battle conservatively is the way to go.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 13, 2016

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Schwartzcough posted:

What are you bringing as a RW? If Lenna's Flames of War are enough to take you up to the attack softcap, you should probably bring a good medica (I'm thinking one with magic blink to use just before you kill two of the dragons, to nullify their Pandora's Boxes). If you're not doing enough damage, you might want to go with Shout and bring a healer with another medica or something. If you go that route, you might put the [Start with SB] RM on Ramza, so you can use Tailwind early and get Protectga up. WIth Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Full Break, the breakdowns, and two medicas, you should be able to weather a lot of punishment.

Other than that it's general strategy stuff. If you have a stronger single-target option for Sephiroth than Flashing Blade (or another lifesiphon), do that. Preferably you want to do as much damage to the third one as possible with SBs so you don't get countered into the ground.

Edit:

Or that. Celes too, which gives +30 ATK/mag and holy-based spellblade bursts. I brought Celes', but my problem was I was doing damage too fast, and I couldn't get all the breaks and re-up mitigation in time while dealing with all their AoE death counters and such. I think taking this battle conservatively is the way to go.

The most recent attempt I brought a Hope BSB. I was hoping for more damage than it actually seemed to be getting me.

An MBlink medica is not something I'd considered, and I was struggling with healing so it sounds like the way to go.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

Have you tried the hit and run tactic? That's where you put a white magic spring RM on your healer, go into the fight and have everyone do one attack and your healer cast curaja, and then flee. Repeat over and over to build up SB charges. Costs no mythril, and since you're fleeing between fight there's no problem moving people to the front row when you're done.

Thanks for the tip, that would be my first choice but I don't have the magic spring RM. I spent all my growth eggs on unlocking Mako Might so I'm tapped out for now.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Edly posted:

Thanks for the tip, that would be my first choice but I don't have the magic spring RM. I spent all my growth eggs on unlocking Mako Might so I'm tapped out for now.

Bummer. Depending on how far you are, you might want to just level up Fusoya instead of the core White and Black mages (in the future, not necessarily right now). Fusoya's RM2 works as both a black magic and a white magic spring, and he's a real character you could actually use instead of core garbage.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

Bummer. Depending on how far you are, you might want to just level up Fusoya instead of the core White and Black mages (in the future, not necessarily right now). Fusoya's RM2 works as both a black magic and a white magic spring, and he's a real character you could actually use instead of core garbage.

On the other hand, BLM RM2 and WHM RM2 are guaranteed stage drops, not random. If you have them level broken, you can get them at any time.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Had to mythril some SB gauge for the U+, but boy did it make the fight a lot easier to be able to blink out of every single shadow flare and dreamstage the pandora's boxes' damage (and thus have blink ready for the shadow flares).

And I still lost two medals for damage taken. No one died though, so mastery it was!

The worst part of wall is how a lot of things seem tuned towards having it native. Couldn't it have just been +100% instead? :argh:

Maybe after tonight though...maybe...

Time to initiate the U++ plan.

E: I guess full synergy 5* armor would work too in place of wall. But I don't have that either!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we're supposed to post our first 5* hone right

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

AweStriker posted:

The most recent attempt I brought a Hope BSB. I was hoping for more damage than it actually seemed to be getting me.

An MBlink medica is not something I'd considered, and I was struggling with healing so it sounds like the way to go.

Do you have a mage with darkness access? If so, you can give them Firaga/ja and Memento Mori, Devotion (Or Attunement II if you have it, or any of the other RMs like it that boost MAG) and then use Hope's RW -- if you do that, you'll pretty much shave off 40-50% of his HP every command.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Those target MAG numbers for the Hope BSB on U++ seem to be pre-buff numbers. With all that stuff in my last post, Celes plus the BSB opener only ekes out about 230-250k damage vs closed state total. 5.3k * 4 per command plus the opening. Yuffie can hit for about 5k per veil though, so I can probably pull this through in the burst timeframe with a bit of work and possibly exposing the core when people aren't busy curing/dancing.

Or making Multibreak when I get a few more major dark orbs. That might put the burst alone over the finish line.

Worst case I can probably pre-charge a couple SB charges and blow it up with physical A-team. The damage doesn't seem too extreme since it's half defense piercing and my defense is all terrible anyway.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Thanks to Typo Mythril I now have enough to pull on Eiko 1. :toot:

Which, I just noticed, has an Imperil Holy BSB on it. When I have four other Holy elemental BSBs.

I could make an entire team of Holy Light destroying all.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Bored waiting for Eiko's event to pop tonight, so I decided to start making my Christmas wishlist for relics on global. What are the top 5 relics in the coming months/banners that you are looking forward to most? List time (yay)!

- Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet | BSB Asylum (This beauty has gotten me out of a ton of bad scrapes, and is just so, so good. Also I really like Y'shtola from my XIV days, so that's a bonus.)
- Orlandeau's Sword Saint's Excalibur | OSB Thundergod (This one has turned into my white whale, of sorts. 200 mythril down and still no luck.)
- Tidus's Apocalypse | OSB Energy Rain (I have Razzmatazz, so this on top of it would be just friggin' rad.)
- Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets | BSB Warrior of the Prophecy (Started too late in JPN to get this first go around, missed during the anniversary festival, hope I get lucky global side.)
- Alphinaud's Veil of Wiyu | BSB Aerial Blast (Rechargeable summons with a serviceable element, along with the impressive Tiamat summon? Yes, please. The other relic I've swung for and missed both times.)

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Question for JP people: Does OK's mage SB come back on anything? OK 2 is a dismal banner compared to OK 1, but I love the hell out of that attack+percentage medica for a mage team that can't fit Ramza into it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

New upcoming items?

Hamelin
Healer's Circlet
Blood Sword
Magical Brush

After that I dunno.

E: Give me all the medicas.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Question for JP people: Does OK's mage SB come back on anything? OK 2 is a dismal banner compared to OK 1, but I love the hell out of that attack+percentage medica for a mage team that can't fit Ramza into it.

It came back on the recent dungeon update draw in Jp

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Schwartzcough posted:

And we're almost certain to get a FFXV event in late November/early December, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't an excellent banner. So again, might be worth saving up mythril.

On a side note, I wonder what FF games they could use for content in the future?

XV might become a Realm dungeon at some point. The only other FF game I think they could possibly make a Realm out of would be Crystal Chronicles, and I'd be surprised if they didn't do an event based on that at some point. Mystic Quest would be nice but I don't think it'll happen. Tactics Advance/A2 would probably just use FFT synergy, like how XIII-2/3 and X-2 used XIII and X synergy. This also means they probably won't do Realm dungeons based on those.

I guess they could also do Dimensions, and they'll probably do Type-0 at some point too, and that's really it I think if they wanted to add more Realms, unless they did something crazy like Chocobo's Dungeon. They could do a Brave Exvius event I guess, but I figure if they were going to do that they would have by now. And for crossover events, they could always do the Chrono games or Bravely Default, which would be neat.

Or hey, maybe we'll get events based on Spirits Within, Unlimited and Legend of the Crystals. :v:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Bravely Default, which would be neat.

If they were gonna do Bravely, they would have done it when Bravely Second came out last year, I'd think.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Legend of the Crystals

Please god no, if I drew the inevitable panty flash soul break I would have to straight up kill myself. :cry:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have 91 mythril and I can't decide if I want to 11 pull on Eiko 1 or Larsa 1 :( (50 is reserved for Eiko 2 so I can't do both). Or I guess I could pull on neither and save for something in the future but I don't know what's coming up.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Tactics Advance/A2 would probably just use FFT synergy, like how XIII-2/3 and X-2 used XIII and X synergy. This also means they probably won't do Realm dungeons based on those.

The real question is will they decide to give us Marche/Montblanc before or after they start scraping the FFT named-character barrel with, say, Rafa and Malak?

EDIT: actual edit moved to its own post

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 14, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL real question is when they will fix the glitch of Cloud not having FFT Synergy

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

KataraniSword posted:

The real question is will they decide to give us Marche/Montblanc before or after they start scraping the FFT named-character barrel with, say, Rafa and Malak?

I'd be okay with that if they gave us more non-human characters, like Reis' Holy Dragon form, or Worker 8.

IcePhoenix posted:

The REAL real question is when they will fix the glitch of Cloud not having FFT Synergy

Aerith too!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IcePhoenix posted:

I have 91 mythril and I can't decide if I want to 11 pull on Eiko 1 or Larsa 1 :( (50 is reserved for Eiko 2 so I can't do both). Or I guess I could pull on neither and save for something in the future but I don't know what's coming up.

I personally feel like Larsa 1 has better relics but also slightly worse relics? It's a bigger gamble than Eiko 1, where the worst you can get that's actually on the banner is Excalibur IX. Larsa 1 has Strahl Strafe and both Ashe/Vaan BSBs, but unless you have Ashe's BSB or one of Lightning's many same-elemental bursts, Fran's Imperil-based SSB2 is slightly worse than her full-break SSB and Gabranth's armor is Physical Dark which... :geno: It's good, but it's not amazing.

That said, I'd personally roll Larsa 1 over Eiko 1, just because my 9 synergy is better than my 12 and Strahl Strafe would be really, really nice to have what with Meltdown existing and all.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

Or hey, maybe we'll get events based on Spirits Within, Unlimited and Legend of the Crystals. :v:

Isn't one of those just FF5 after Exdeath's been beaten?

In any event, besides FFXV coming out, there's still a half-dozen FFXI expansions to work through, as well as FFXIV. They could even throw FFXIV 1.0 content in there, since that part of the game's history is otherwise lost to time.

IcePhoenix posted:

It should be that you can have either Balthier or Cloud get synergy in FFT, but not both at the same time.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I've been back and forth on Larsa 1, since Ashe's BSB would be really nice to have and Strahl Strafe owns, but I already have Ark Blast. With all the good stuff coming up though (and Ashe's BSB recurring on a really amazing OSBfest banner, if it isn't changed) I'm probably gonna give it a pass, but it'll hurt.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

11 pull got me Eiko's bsb and Quina's SSB :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

They could always do Crystal Chronicles (I actually kinda liked that game even though a lot of people seem to hate it). Would be some neat-looking boss sprites at least.

• Locked thread