Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Attitude Indicator posted:

They will also make you want to die

You should have been prepared to die from the moment you launched the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Dying from boredom is not the bloodborne way, fools

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

apply fire to your weapon, pop a beast blood pellet, and instantly delete either of those bosses

bsb is vulnerable to knockdown as well if you have the hunter's axe. you can stunlock him with the charged r2

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

morallyobjected posted:

is there any general consensus on whether Vicar Amelia or Blood-Starved Beast is easier? Those are the only two bosses I can find right now.

If you haven't already, explore around Amelia's church and you can find a new area with another boss. I'd say it's a lot easier than either of those two.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

BSB will also unlock Chalice Dungeons which are good for grinding souls and materials.

after like, 20 dungeons yeah. before that you're just getting pebbles, blood gems with effects like "+.1% damage" and 12 echoes per enemy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Slaughter a witch to get her precious pebbles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pebbles and the gem installation tool which is kinda important

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I basically did every other optional area before Amelia so when I actually did fight her I almost killed her on my first try (this is called one-shotting).

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

Pebbles and the gem installation tool which is kinda important

that's hemwick which is separate from the chalice dungeons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlestonJew posted:

that's hemwick which is separate from the chalice dungeons

Yeah, that's what Quantum of Phallus and Smirking_Serpent are talking about I think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm just talking about the generic throat slitters.
Thx 4 d pebbles bbz

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

haveblue posted:

Yeah, that's what Quantum of Phallus and Smirking_Serpent are talking about I think.

Yeah I meant Hemwick, I was just trying to be as vague as possible to avoid any possibility of spoilers. Although to get to Hemwick without doing BSB you have to grind for 10k echoes, so it's kind of a chore to do early. Definitely worth visiting before Amelia though.

Chalice dungeons are fine, but they're not really worth it for a first time player. The rewards are pretty meager early on, and sometimes you end up spending all your earnings on the supplies you burnt through.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Can you not add certain apps to folders? I can't add Hulu, Netflix, Plex, or the NHL app to a folder for some reason.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Can you not add certain apps to folders? I can't add Hulu, Netflix, Plex, or the NHL app to a folder for some reason.

No, video apps are a separate beast.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Those apps are already in their own folder though so its not that bad.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

El Hefe posted:

Those apps are already in their own folder though so its not that bad.
I just wish they wouldn't seemingly randomly rearrange themselves in that folder

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If you haven't already, explore around Amelia's church and you can find a new area with another boss. I'd say it's a lot easier than either of those two.

to the left, there's a tunnel that's blocked off by some kind of mist, and to the right, there's some kind of guy with a bolt staff who seems to have way more health and do way more damage than I can take on.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Professional Farmer 2017 is utter garbage but has a surprisingly epic soundtrack.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

to the left, there's a tunnel that's blocked off by some kind of mist, and to the right, there's some kind of guy with a bolt staff who seems to have way more health and do way more damage than I can take on.

The tunnel shouldn't be blocked unless you have one of the NPC hunters helping you. Did you summon someone ?

Also there's a very good BB thread : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708107&perpage=40&pagenumber=1175

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: soooooooooold out!

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 14, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Aww, we don't get Shadow Warrior 2 until next year.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If for some reason you haven't played MGSV, I highly recommend it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzi1wheBakE

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No, video apps are a separate beast.

:laffo: Sony, always with the weird software and network quirks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So anyone who bought psvr want to rate their level of buyers remorse on a scale from "I am in the future this is amazing" to "what have I done this is Kinect all over again"?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Psvr is brand new, its probably fresh and fun now and will be for a while. The question is if anyone is going to bother using it in 6 months.
This is asuming it actually works, unlike the kinect.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It does work, and well. The things that could derail it now are a lack of good content or too many viral stories about nausea and tracking problems.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Part of me wants to try and dig one up, by I'm kind of surprised at the game prices since they mostly seem like gimmicky stuff I'd play for a day. Actually getting a decent selection seems like it's going to add hundreds to the price tag.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Part of me wants to try and dig one up, by I'm kind of surprised at the game prices since they mostly seem like gimmicky stuff I'd play for a day. Actually getting a decent selection seems like it's going to add hundreds to the price tag.

Save your money for actual games, or buy me games with that money.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate to say it but thumper is just too loving hard. For me at least. It really could have used a more forgiving difficulty.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I think it's a mistake launching PSVR without any system seller, if this thing had launched with a Gran Turismo, or a Tie Fighter game or something big like that it'd be impossible to find one right now but it's still available in Amazon so it didn't even sell out it's launch stock.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

So anyone who bought psvr want to rate their level of buyers remorse on a scale from "I am in the future this is amazing" to "what have I done this is Kinect all over again"?

No buyer's remorse but it'll live and die on developer support like everything else. Also version 2 for the Scorpio competitor (which is not the pro let's get real) will be amazing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veni veni veni posted:

I hate to say it but thumper is just too loving hard. For me at least. It really could have used a more forgiving difficulty.

havent you said previously how incredibly bad at rhythm games you are?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's why I put in the caveat of "for me at least". Like, its something I want to see all the content because it's awesome but I really don't know if that's gonna happen.

I haven't got outright stuck yet. I just feel like some of these bosses just stop being fun and make me almost ready to burn out.

If nothing else I wish getting hit wasn't so loving disorienting. Might as well be a one hit kill half the time or more.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

El Hefe posted:

I think it's a mistake launching PSVR without any system seller, if this thing had launched with a Gran Turismo, or a Tie Fighter game or something big like that it'd be impossible to find one right now but it's still available in Amazon so it didn't even sell out it's launch stock.

Sony hasn't launched a console with a system-seller since SSX, and even that was sketchy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sony hasn't launched a console with a system-seller since SSX, and even that was sketchy.

Knack was a launch title.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Knack must have sold at least a few Xbox ones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

El Hefe posted:

Most studios aren't going to get to play with a PSVR dev kit, or any new console, until the thing actually launches. Even the ones that do get a pre-release kit are doing it in a rushed timeframe with a very hard launch date to shoot for.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I liked Bloodborne because of the interesting handcrafted environments; I did not like chalice dungeons at all

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that vicar amelia is when i learned in bloodborne that any kind of spindly boss can be pierced in their joints to stagger them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chalice dungeons were a cool idea with the worst possible execution imaginable

• Locked thread