Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
the most brazilian of taps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's a brave ref.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
the entire venue is empty god drat

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
genuinely surprised at how bad vinny is every time I see him fight

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

poo poo round and this is going to a decision likely.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grandmaster.flv posted:

the entire venue is empty god drat

4am hah

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

eh? it's in kansas city

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grandmaster.flv posted:

eh? it's in kansas city

Dunno. That's just what the announcers were saying.

E. yeah you're right. It'd be 145 there, right? No idea what they were saying, then.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
and it sounds like Vinny is retiring

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Vinny retiring as I post to myself seems appropriate

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
I went to this. Besides Jason High losing, I had a lot of fun, and yay for them not caring where we sat, got 2nd row aisle lower level, great angle for all the fights. How Vinny lasted 5 rounds is beyond me, watching Vinny react horribly to being punched is way more sad in person.

Everyone started leaving around 10pm because our city sucks. Sorry it was that obvious on TV.

hrollins fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 8, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Vinny retiring as I post to myself seems appropriate

New thread title?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
John Oliver of all people is roasting Ramzan for staging child fights

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/thecodymckenzie/status/785896582096957440

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The saddest tweet

mewse
May 2, 2006

Z promotions lol

Medicine hat is an 11 hour drive for me so I won't be able to hang out with Cody McKenzie :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JR 100% blanked him too, rubbing salt into the wound.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hot off the wire, there was some kind of attack on Fedor's daughter, she's in the hospital now. Some speculation Kadyrov was involved but journalists in the country eerily silent.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

red19fire posted:

Hot off the wire, there was some kind of attack on Fedor's daughter, she's in the hospital now. Some speculation Kadyrov was involved but journalists in the country eerily silent.

Khabib will be delighted.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

red19fire posted:

Jesus

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Russia is a damned cesspit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

Russia is a damned cesspit.

To be fair, if you publicly clowned an American warlord equivalent for all the world to see I doubt America would be very safe for your family either.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Here's the story: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/12/13256490/fedor-daughter-attacked-after-criticism-against-kadyrov-child-mma-news

quote:

Last week, the daughter of a “famous heavyweight” was attacked and hospitalized in Moscow. While the report did not name the fighter, BloodyElbow confirmed with multiple sources that it was heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko.

According to the report, the 16-year-old girl (incorrectly labeled as nine years old in the article) was on her way home from school when she was attacked by unnamed assailants and assaulted in the process. She was seemingly kicked in the chest, an attack that left a noticeable bruise on her body. The report added that the girl was transferred to the Research Institute of Children's Emergency Surgery and Traumatology, where she was diagnosed with "contusion of the chest and abdomen."

According to the police, who arrived once it became clear that Emelianenko’s daughter had been assaulted, the victim was unwilling to identify the assailants. “Perhaps she is intimidated by those who attacked her?” stated the article.

The incident, which occurred on October 9, coincides with the timing of Fedor’s condemnation of child MMA fights in Chechnya.

In a social media post, Fedor explained that “what happened in Grozny is unacceptable & cannot be justified.” His comments prompted an investigation by the Kremlin and the Commissioner for Children’s Rights in the Russian Federation (review to be completed on October 18) but also drew the attention of Kadyrov’s cronies and henchmen in Chechnya.

Fedor’s condemnation of Kadyrov’s event also led to a series of abusive responses from the members of the Akhmat Fight Club, including WSOF flyweight champion Magomed Bibulatov and notorious State Duma member Adam Delimkhanov. Even UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov took aim at Fedor and stood in favor of the child fights in Chechnya.

All comments were later deleted at the request of Kadyrov, who declared on his social media account that Fedor likely “realized his mistake.”

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

To be fair, if you publicly clowned an American warlord equivalent for all the world to see I doubt America would be very safe for your family either.

What is an "American warlord equivalent" in your opinion

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ashikan judan posted:

A Diaz

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ashikan judan posted:

Someone Very Dangerous

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i will have you know that the land of the free has its problems, but it does not house the type of person who would harm your family for publicly admonishing them

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Ashikan judan posted:

Until very recently and still in some places white supremacists.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
That's awful

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Marching Powder posted:

Khabib will be delighted.

Have Mir, Werdum, Gustafsson, Edgar or Weidman commented yet on the fact that they are corrupt pieces of human garbage ?

Droopy Goines fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 12, 2016

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
So Fabiano Iha was on a episode of Battle Dome? Watching it now at http://www.psp-tv.com/r/battledome and had no idea

e: it turns out MMA is the best base for battle dome

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 13, 2016

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
King mo vs satoshi announced

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Former World Wrestling Entertainment champion and 14-fight MMA veteran Alberto Rodriguez — known as Alberto Del Rio during his sports entertainment tenure — will serve as president for Combate Americas.

Combate Americas is an actual MMA promotion, right?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I think they just signed a deal to stream their events through Fight Pass.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Greg hardy is starting MMA

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's Campbell MacLaren's deal. I think it's MMA mixed with monster truck low riders.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Combate is real and vaguely above Z League levels. Lots of funny fights.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Guess which fighter tweeted this 140 char masterpiece:

quote:

If u vote for Clinton in the face of what u know or chose 2 ignore. Don't u date compliant about poo poo

Spoiler: James 'The Colossus' Thompson

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
willie get away from the gym mirrors and health and welfare check your mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Droopy Goines posted:

Guess which fighter tweeted this 140 char masterpiece:

Spoiler: James 'The Colossus' Thompson