Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like the longbow. It kills clan rats and has the ammo to do it. There's always someone with a handgun for specials anyway.
True flight more like shoot the floor forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Trueflight Longbow would be the go-to weapon on a controller. Trying to be pinpoint with the other weapons (or fast) sounds like a trial and then some.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I would use the longbow over the trueflight if it just did the same damage. It's lame as hell that it doesn't. If you're good enough to hit the head with a charge-up non hitscan shot then for christ's sake it should do as much damage as the weapon that homes in on heads and will bend 45 degrees to do so.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Fatshark are planning to release the Quests & Contracts update tomorrow without acknowledging a single bug that's been posted here (and others elsewhere) for the past 5 days because the launch they wanted to have today was too space costly.

Oh my christ :laffo:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lunethex I think you need to play some other games for a while. Or get a job in bug testing with that unholy machine you play on.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

You guys were not wrong about how good the axe and shield charge attack is on the dorf. I just stand there staggering clan rats all day every day and the rest of the party can murder them with impunity while I never. get. hit.

I don't even care that it's a white weapon still. It wrecks things no matter what.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 12, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

LuiCypher posted:

You guys were not wrong about how good the axe and shield charge attack is on the dorf. I just stand there staggering clan rats all day every day and the rest of the party can murder them with impunity while I never. get. hit.

I don't even care that it's a white weapon still. It wrecks things not matter what.

The best part is the uncharged attack is also great against Rat Ogres and Stormvermin, too. Plus you have the shield for extra block stamina and push. The axe and shield is one of those 'never at a loss' weapons that's just solid in all cases.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Holy poo poo the bolt staff is unbelievably overpowered. Did a well watch on cataclysm and the other three of us practically didn't have to play the game half the time, because the wizard was destroying everything before it could even reach us. Just stood in the middle of the level and alternated firing bolts and venting for half a second, eating all the damage.

Also it can't be overstated how good the baked enemy meshes option is. I went from having my performance tank on every horde to being able to turn the graphics up close to max and staying at 60 FPS during hordes.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 13, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Or get a job in bug testing with that unholy machine you play on.

Who would have thought loving around in memory would cause instability.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Here it is

http://steamcommunity.com/games/235540/announcements/detail/805408149924606157

quote:

Patch 1.4: Quests & Contracts

New Features
Added Bounty Board to the Red Moon Inn: Visit the board to collect Quests and Contracts!
- Contracts: Gain rewards for completing specific objectives. Key Contracts also reward you with Quest progress
- Quests: Gain epic rewards for completing a certain number of Key Contracts
- Boons: Timed buffs which empower your heroes in various ways
Feature Changes
Made the UI Indicator for Grimoires much clearer
Gutter Runners now lose targeting outline if they teleport away
Added Lobby Browser button in Map
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where dropped items from Loot Rats could end up in unreachable locations
Fixed gritty looking stone textures on Black powder
Fixed an issue where the end event on The Dungeons could occasionally take much longer than intended
Fixed an issue where the screen effect from drinking potions could be overly blurry
Fixed a crash which could occur when a bot was grabbed by a Packmaster
Fixed a number of ledge issues on Summoner’s Peak
Fixed a shading issue with the staircases on Castle Drachenfels
Fixed several culling issues on Castle Drachenfels
Fixed an issue with the end event on The Enemy Below
Fixed a number of issues with sound cues for when hordes of enemies spawn
Fixed an issue on Horn of Magnus where Rat Ogres could get stuck on a rooftop
Fixed an issue where you could end up in the wrong location when hot-joining a session on Horn of Magnus
Fixed a misaligned roof prop on Horn of Magnus
Fixed an issue where certain items would spawn in the air on Black Powder
Fixed a number of culling issues on Wizard’s Tower
Fixed an issue where on Town Meeting where you could be dragged by a Packmaster to a location where you would get stuck
Fixed an art issue with Volley Crossbow
Lots of other minor fixes from closed and open beta

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress, this might be the update to finally get me to play and enjoy this game.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

If you're having crashing problems turn baked enemy meshes on then load up a map in a private game by yourself first, that fixed things for both me and tiler.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you say the rat ogre's name three times in a mirror at midnight, he appears and stops your game from crashing!!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Digirat posted:

If you say the rat ogre's name three times in a mirror at midnight, he appears and stops your game from crashing!!

I mean, it's consistently fixed the crashing for 3 people now so :shrug:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

I mean, it's consistently fixed the crashing for 3 people now so :shrug:

Was making fun of fatshark, not you.

some cool poo poo right here. And this was the second time it happened.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Please don't post pics of me playing elf.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
to be fair i only had to do that arcane fix when connecting to nano. I suspect something is massed up with that particular graphics option.

otoh while pubbing i had some graphical bug where the skaven were running around without pants so there might be a few problems

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

to be fair i only had to do that arcane fix when connecting to nano. I suspect something is massed up with that particular graphics option.

otoh while pubbing i had some graphical bug where the skaven were running around without pants so there might be a few problems

I was never host tonight.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i'm going to blame you anyways

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dorf Shotgun with Ammo Holder, Rupture, and Master Crafted?

It is time for me to try Doomdorf myself. :getin:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i'm going to blame you anyways

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little mayfly? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Waywatchers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Beastmen herds, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Athel Loren armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on the Old World, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Bretonnia and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, lumberfoot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Sentienels and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little mayfly? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Waywatchers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Beastmen herds, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Athel Loren armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on the Old World, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Bretonnia and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, lumberfoot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Sentienels and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
have you guys seen any witches around here

i'm a witch hunter.
lookin for witches

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nanomashoes posted:

:vince:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Bogart posted:

have you guys seen any witches around here

i'm a witch hunter.
lookin for witches

If you're anything like Victor, your job is apparently to find witches and then keep them safe.

Edit: He's really more of a witch finder. Possibly witch catcher depending on your interpretation of in game dialogue.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mendrian posted:

If you're anything like Victor, your job is apparently to find witches and then keep them safe.

Edit: He's really more of a witch finder. Possibly witch catcher depending on your interpretation of in game dialogue.

Witchsmeller pursuivant is the official designation

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Victor is just the Business.

"If you die, then who will hate me!? :smith:"

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
it's the pursuit of witches that i'm really into, once i'm face to face with a witch i just doff my buckle hat and be on my way.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:bahgawd: They're strangling the elf! THAT'S MY JOB!

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

So I dont empty quote I've been trying to do the support thing as an idiot newbie and having a hard time between awesome dwarf of lady on fire. Which will serve me better into to the upper difficulties?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Every character has weapons that are competent on the highest difficulty

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hexenritter posted:

Witchsmeller pursuivant is the official designation

Is his horse named Bubbles, short for Beelzebubbles?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Moochewmoo posted:

So I dont empty quote I've been trying to do the support thing as an idiot newbie and having a hard time between awesome dwarf of lady on fire. Which will serve me better into to the upper difficulties?

Hang on check the next post I will empty quote for you

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Nanomashoes posted:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Coolguye posted:

Hang on check the next post I will empty quote for you

Thanks man lets keep this going

Nanomashoes posted:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is his horse named Bubbles, short for Beelzebubbles?

No, that's the cat. Named so on the feast of St. Jacob the Turgid. His horse is Black Satin!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hexenritter posted:

No, that's the cat. Named so on the feast of St. Jacob the Turgid. His horse is Black Satin!

poo poo you're right, I'll go consign my parts most private to a Rutland tree.

"The good lord Sigmar says love thy neighbor, unless he be a Skaven, in which case, kill the bastard!"

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 14, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

is there already a PS4 group set up for this? Because if not, I'll set it up tonight when I get home from work. It will probably be called Goonintide. I just want a way to find people more reliably to start doing Hard difficulty runs (and who will probably be able to beat the last level on Normal) so I don't have to keep resorting to Horn of Magnus on Hard to start, only to have the group fall apart after the second level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, if and when I complete 10 Key Contracts I get the Red Drakefires.

That's nice.

• Locked thread