Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Fool posted:

Sorry, that number doesn't include deployment. Labor costs are nearly another $20k

For 100 users you are a prime candidate for a be6k, but really call manager express and unity express (hosted on a router) are more than enough. Even with 100 new phones you should be in at much less than 35k. If you do the be6k Cisco can basically configure it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

For 100 users you are a prime candidate for a be6k, but really call manager express and unity express (hosted on a router) are more than enough. Even with 100 new phones you should be in at much less than 35k. If you do the be6k Cisco can basically configure it for you.

We are getting a be6k.

The Cisco VoIP ecosystem is totally new to me. But our quote was broken down into a couple sections. The BE6k, licensing, software, etc. Adds up to about $20k on it's own. There's 1 line for the hardware, and 8 lines for all the licensing and warranties. The phone, (a bunch of 7841's, and a dozen-ish 8851's, plus a couple conference units) add up to roughly $15k. The labor deployment is estimated at 80-100 hours, which comes out to a little under $20k.

And pending the 2017 budget getting signed off on by the CEO, it's all approved.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

Is Gartner more than an organisation for receiving sacks of cash? There's a lot of stuff in their magic quadrants that is pure poo poo.

My last job was a SaaS company, and in shocking news, once we started paying industry analysts and featuring them at our events, we started getting industry analyst recommendations!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

adorai posted:

yet another reason i hate using third parties.

He is the third party. He's just having problems with another third party.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Shitshow the whole way down!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

please don't discuss my infrastructure publicly

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

How much paid time off do you guys get?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Trash Trick posted:

25 days a year plus bank holidays.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

4 weeks vacation, all 12 stat holidays in my province, and all overtime beyond 8h/day or 40h/week goes into a paid time off bank at 1.5x which I can also cash out if desired.

e: and 15 sick days

e2:

Docjowles posted:

Probably worth noting country or at least US/not heh.

guess where I'm from

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 14, 2016

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

Trash Trick posted:

11 days PTO, 5 sick days, federal holidays.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Probably worth noting country or at least US/not heh. My US company:

3 weeks vacation, with escalators up to 5 after something like 7 years of service. Does not roll over, but we are encouraged and allowed to use it all as we are in the travel industry.

2 weeks sick, does roll over. You can work from home if feeing crummy but not dead, so these are basically infinite. I end up using them for child care emergencies or when my kid is sick.

Pretty much the normal holidays.

It is a pretty good place to work imo! My shitposting about my infra directly above notwithstanding :shobon:

Edit: had sick days wrong, it's 10 not 5 per year

vvvv and yeah sick/vacation combo pools are the worst. Been there. Enjoy getting the Black Plague because someone would have to cancel their Christmas vacation if they took another sick day, so they came into work sick as hell :(

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 14, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

US, been working at my company 5 years:

24 PTO, that's all days rolled into 1, so you can guess how well that goes during sick season, it's a fun game of pass the sickness around at the office.

8 paid holidays.

I think if i stayed 10 years I would get 32 days off or something

*edit*

I can roll 5 days over to the new year, we also do NOT get a lump sum, we accrue throughout the year on our anniversary date. So, my hire date is the 13th, I get my accrual every month on the 13th. Accrual day only matters if you are terminated, because we can actually go negative, but if we accrue it, we are owed it, so you get paid out in the event of termination. You are not allowed to carry a negative balance to the new year.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 14, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
20 days of PTO in whatever way I'd like to use them.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
US: 3 weeks PTO and all of the federal holidays plus some unusual days like a 5 day weekend for black friday.

Do you guys dress up for Halloween at work? We just got the email saying we can dress up and I have a luke skywalker costume from ROTJ that I'm debating embarrassing myself in

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Internet Explorer posted:

Docjowles posted:

please don't discuss my infrastructure publicly

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Sepist posted:

US: 3 weeks PTO and all of the federal holidays plus some unusual days like a 5 day weekend for black friday.

Do you guys dress up for Halloween at work? We just got the email saying we can dress up and I have a luke skywalker costume from ROTJ that I'm debating embarrassing myself in

Haha I'm not sure if they do it anymore since the HD manager got promoted to director, but everyone that got hired after the previous Halloween would be encouraged to dress up, and then slightly mocked for doing so.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

US been in IT for 3 years, at this place for 1.
40 hours this year 80 hours next year all given Jan 1st, no roll over. Sick days are just don't abuse it which amounts to you better be sick and only take 1 or 2 suspicious / mental health days for most people. IT is so thin I could probably get away with more.

I do get unlimited work from home snow days though! I didn't use it much last year, but this year I plan of not being in the office if it's snowing more than a dusting. Hour commute on 95 turns into 90 minutes of hell.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
I get 18 days paid days off, plus any weekday the federal reserve is closed (or the monday following a federal holiday if it falls on a sunday). My 18 days break down to 10 vacation and 8 personal, the personal days can be rolled over up to 160 hours.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sepist posted:

Well now that you've posted about it, you're obligated to wear it to work and post pics.

I love Halloween. But am real bad at it. One time I tried to dress as Walter from the Big Lebowski (not at work) and multiple people asked me why the gently caress I was dressed as Osama bin Laden. That... was pretty much my last DIY costume. Other than a good Mario Kart group theme one year.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Trash Trick posted:

150 hours a year, 8-9 holidays (we get Thanksgiving and black friday off), 1 floating holiday. Sick is taken from PTO.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
US at company under a year- 12 vacation days, four sick days, three floating holidays. Last place was 25 days of PTO, much preferred that. 19 days total ain't too shabby though

Edit: 7 holidays, never count those though :shrug:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
A long time ago I got 60 hours/month of PTO and when I left I was certain I'd never see that much time off ever again. I don't even know how much I make right now but I've been here three months and have like 13 hours or something, but I know we get three floating holidays. Sick time is separate and my boss has told us we don't need to bother claiming it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

3 Weeks and some number of public holidays.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

In the US: 20 days PTO + all federal holidays.

Boss is crazy flexible though, I spent almost two weeks out sick last month, and as long as I'm able to get something done remotely, I'll still get a full days pay.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

anthonypants posted:

A long time ago I got 60 hours/month of PTO and when I left I was certain I'd never see that much time off ever again. I don't even know how much I make right now but I've been here three months and have like 13 hours or something, but I know we get three floating holidays. Sick time is separate and my boss has told us we don't need to bother claiming it.

60 hours a month!?

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

At a US company for 3 years in Santa Clara valley: 3 weeks PTO and sick leave (different buckets), both rollable and bankable to some large number, up to 10 days of comp time as determined by my manager on a project performance basis, all bank holidays save for one, and traditionally the week of Thanksgiving off (just got the email last week)

EDIT: This made me look it up, and they are both bankable to 240 hours.

NeuralSpark fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 14, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

US company for 3 years - "unlimited" PTO

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

The Fool posted:

In the US: 20 days PTO + all federal holidays.

Boss is crazy flexible though, I spent almost two weeks out sick last month, and as long as I'm able to get something done remotely, I'll still get a full days pay.

Same arrangement here.

20 days + federal holidays (took like 5 years to get that full 20 though).
And 3days/week remote work + general flexibility on needing to take time for family / etc.

But I'll also throw down extra hours outside of work as time permits and my boss, while he doesnt take advantage of it, knows it and knows he gets his money's worth.

Give and take + some trust I guess.

PBS
Sep 21, 2015

Colonial Air Force posted:

60 hours a month!?

Not great if you have to use PTO to get weekends off.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Trash Trick posted:

Officially, 2 weeks vacation + 10-ish holidays + the company shuts down for the span between Christmas Eve and New Year's. Unofficially, if you do your job and something comes up and you need to take the day off, nobody's going to harangue you.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

US, 13 years of service. 28 days PTO, 10 paid holidays

It's awesome

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Colonial Air Force posted:

60 hours a month!?
Yes.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Vulture Culture posted:

Officially, 2 weeks vacation + 10-ish holidays + the company shuts down for the span between Christmas Eve and New Year's. Unofficially, if you do your job and something comes up and you need to take the day off, nobody's going to harangue you.
That's the great part about my job. If I have to leave an hour early or come in a little late, no one cares.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
Canada, I get 4 weeks a year, 7 sick days, 2 floater days. I rarely take vacation anyway so it just gets accrued and never used :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cthulhuite posted:

Canada ... I rarely take vacation anyway so it just gets accrued and never used :(

Someone needs to go to the CLAM DOWN reeducation camps, this is literally illegal in Canada :canada:

adorai posted:

That's the great part about my job. If I have to leave an hour early or come in a little late, no one cares.

Yeah I've had that flexibility in my current and previous job, and losing it would be a deal breaker I think for any new opportunity. It's an incredibly valuable perk.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Trash Trick posted:

20 days PTO, all federal holidays, plus an addition 3 holidays.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

US, 12 years here, Higher Ed.

13 paid holidays, 26 days of all in one leave granted at the beginning of the year. Max carryover is 208. As Long as I use 80 hours, anything that doesn't carry over gets cashed out for half so i'll usually have half a paycheck or so at the end as bonus. Also another 16 hours of leave if you're volunteering for something that I squeeze in.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Someone needs to go to the CLAM DOWN reeducation camps, this is literally illegal in Canada :canada:

Agreed unironically

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Agreed unironically

Does your Canadian playground allow for cash payouts of vacation time, or must it be consumed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Arsten posted:

Does your Canadian playground allow for cash payouts of vacation time, or must it be consumed?

I think it depends on the employer and each province has some labour law differences, personally right now I can carry over 2 weeks vacation, so if I have more than that unused it converts to cash.