Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Parallel Playa posted:

If I got it right, it's only slightly below with 7 wins to 8 losses. That surprised me.

http://gamesoflegends.com/champion/stats.php?id=36&tournament=World%20Championship%202016&season=ALL&split=ALL

doesn't look like it was updated for today though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Fun fact: c9 destroyed 5 turrets over the entire series. None of those were inner turrets

woops, I only looked at top

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 14, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fun fact: https://twitter.com/FORG1VENGRE/status/786733613358481408

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

cerious posted:

Looks like a KR vs KR final again

If even C9 can't stop a Korean team, no one can.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah ssg played it pretty well, I was legit surprised both impact and sneaky ended up getting rocked as hard as they did, and I was expecting them to lose in the first place. I'm hoping anx/h2k can take them down just so we don't have a super boring finals but it was a clean game.

what is boring about SSG in the finals? they've been a ridiculous underdog this entire run.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

rabidsquid posted:

what is boring about SSG in the finals? they've been a ridiculous underdog this entire run.

i thought you knew league was only interesting when it was a nationalist drama

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was torn when KT failed to qualify for World's but I'm warming up to Samsung again. If they were to win World's I think it'd be strange to consider them a two-time champion because this is essentially an entirely different organization after White/Blue left for Korea. SKT had the benefit of retaining most of their players and coaching through multiple seasons, this Samsung isn't even the same roster/staff from this time last year.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I love good natured jingoism that is about loving your region and yourself without booing or refusing to cheer the winning team like a complete fuckstick loser and even I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the matches in the quarter finals.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

I mean I guess that's fair, I was just going by the standard of we've seen their games vs rox/skt in their own league whereas other regions would be novel. Are you telling me it wouldn't be a bit anticlimactic if it went to skt/rox vs ssg and the former just bodied the ladder as their seeds would indicate?

If push comes to shove I'll root for ssg cause I'll always root for the underdog I just feel like there's much less chance of an upset when dealing with teams that much more familiar with each other.

Zoidomania
Apr 22, 2014

Man, if only the koreans bothered to trash talk. It would be great to see forgiven get knocked down a peg or two when H2K loses to [insert korean team here].

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

"I would gently caress Caitlyn irl" -- c00l guy Forg1ven

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean I guess that's fair, I was just going by the standard of we've seen their games vs rox/skt in their own league whereas other regions would be novel. Are you telling me it wouldn't be a bit anticlimactic if it went to skt/rox vs ssg and the former just bodied the ladder as their seeds would indicate?

If push comes to shove I'll root for ssg cause I'll always root for the underdog I just feel like there's much less chance of an upset when dealing with teams that much more familiar with each other.
ROX are probably the underdog in this scenario despite SSG being a brand-new team this year. They looked pretty sloppy in Group A while SKT and Samsung swept their groups

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Zoidomania posted:

Man, if only the koreans bothered to trash talk. It would be great to see forgiven get knocked down a peg or two when H2K loses to [insert korean team here].
They do, it's a feature in every single OGN finals.

Zoidomania
Apr 22, 2014
Ooh, then I can't wait to see what happens :).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the actual best thing is that in China theres a meme about Kid always being hungry so fans draw cartoons of Kid eating stuff and bring them to games to cheer for him

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Forg1ven is the most entertaining heel ever to grace this fuckin game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also that meme forg1ven posted is trash talking Sneaky it has nothing to do with koreans what is wrong with you guys

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

I just feel like there's much less chance of an upset when dealing with teams that much more familiar with each other.
Samsung White were 2-6 vs Blue when they 3-0'd them at Worlds 2014, don't be so sure.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
trash talking someone who was just eliminated from the tournament (edit: when you had absolutely nothing to do with it) is pretty lame imo. Trash talk is only fun when there is a chance for a return to sender. Otherwise you're just kicking someone when they're down. Forg1ven is a huge bitch I don't know why this thread likes him.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 14, 2016

Zoidomania
Apr 22, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

also that meme forg1ven posted is trash talking Sneaky it has nothing to do with koreans what is wrong with you guys

I know and I understand why it's entertaining. However, I am not a fan of that type of behavior, thus I enjoy when they get their comeuppance. Although I guess forg1ven problem understands where he is in relation to the koreans so he probably won't care too much.

Typical Pubbie posted:

trash talking someone who was just eliminated from the tournament is pretty lame imo. Trash talk is only fun when there is a chance for a return to sender. Otherwise you're just kicking someone when they're down. Forg1ven is a huge bitch I don't know why this thread likes him.
:agreed:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cloud9 died for Chicago audience's sins. It's poetic.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Supposedly, out of the 6 remaining people who got their Group Stage pick 'ems 100% correct, only a single one of them correctly chose SSG over C9. What a loving weird Worlds this has been.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Vermain posted:

Supposedly, out of the 6 remaining people who got their Group Stage pick 'ems 100% correct, only a single one of them correctly chose SSG over C9. What a loving weird Worlds this has been.

That makes sense. They're the same people who predicted H2K would finish first in their group and G2 would finish last.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Cloud9 died for Chicago audience's sins. It's poetic.

That booing at the start was pretty bad

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'm rooting for H2K RNG finals. Failing that, I want literally anyone from the right bracket to beat someone not named SKT

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Shadow225 posted:

I'm rooting for H2K RNG finals. Failing that, I want literally anyone from the right bracket to beat someone not named SKT

I chose H2K vs. SKT. It's admittedly a massive longshot, but H2K looked pretty drat impressive in their second week. pr0lly especially has shown up with his drafting; he seems to know how to adapt to a team's strategy and set his players up well for success.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I fell asleep during game 2 and woke up to game 3 and it was like 21-8 and they were pushing top inhibitor, woo, exciting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

I fell asleep during game 2 and woke up to game 3 and it was like 21-8 and they were pushing top inhibitor, woo, exciting

i didnt know impact posted here

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
also can anyone really be that shocked that the away team was booed? it's just the way it works here.

except in miami, for some reason the dolphins got booed when the jets played, but that's more because the north invaded south florida, so i dunno

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

as much as id like h2k to get to the finals i think ssg vs skt is almost a lock at this point

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Radical posted:

as much as id like h2k to get to the finals i think ssg vs skt is almost a lock at this point

I believe in the power of pr0lly and Ryu, even if no one else does. :colbert:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
RIP na, maybe one year you'll be respectable

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/sjokz/status/786754974264983552

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dragongem posted:

RIP na, maybe one year you'll be respectable

they should get a pretty good draft pick after bombing out so hard

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Krepo being the one who drew a little heart is really killing me, for some reason.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

NA will never execute a good draft

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

with the first pick of the 2017 League of Legends draft, the North American region selects Kwame "goldenglue" Brown

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
If people can walk around - and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way to religious people - and you believe the son of God came down to earth 2,000 years ago, and he killed himself for our sins, and he can walk on water, and there's a God up there looking after ourselves, and if you get on your knees and pray to him that things will change, if you can believe that, then you can believe that H2K can beat SSG one week from Saturday.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

Krepo being the one who drew a little heart is really killing me, for some reason.

I'm just picturing her doing that hairflip into headbob she does between interview question like some sort of tic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

stump collector posted:

NA will never execute a good draft

With the first pick in the 2017 Draft, NA selects Goldenglue, of NA Soloqueue, bumfuck texas christian academy

• Locked thread