Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bonecrusher is also amazing because its kind of like a Jolders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Delayed until the 26th probably vaporware forever

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So, what's a perfect roll Saladin's Vigil look like? I have:

1) rifled/braced, quickdraw, rangerfinder

2) perfect/hand-laid, quickdraw, rangefinder

3) hammer/braced, acc coils, performance bonus/EotS

First one seems like it owns? Just including the last one because of the acc coils, I assume it isn't great but would love to be wrong. Weapon feels really good.

I like fusion rifles.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
How the gently caress do you have 3? :psyduck:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

poor life choice posted:

First one seems like it owns? Just including the last one because of the acc coils, I assume it isn't great but would love to be wrong. Weapon feels really good.

I like fusion rifles.

First one fo show

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

the good fax machine posted:

How the gently caress do you have 3? :psyduck:

I haven't gotten any but I've had 5 of the snipers drop :bungie:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The fusion rifle drops like candy from Archon Forge. I've gotten like 5 of them.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Zero have dropped for me! And yes I've spent too much time there

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rng desire sensor is real

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I think Genesis Chain is now my new favourite PvE gun. It's so good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Guys like how insanely sick was smasghing people apart with the hammer>

fake edit: Fucke yes new sword gently caress yess, yessssssssss Im so cool

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm back in the Crucible for the NM rank 25 quest and the Thorn quest. Having a lot of fun using TLW. And I thought people were complaining about it being bad.

The Drifter is also the best map just for the floating bodies, ammo and orbs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EmmyOk posted:

Guys like how insanely sick was smasghing people apart with the hammer>

fake edit: Fucke yes new sword gently caress yess, yessssssssss Im so cool

Calm down. You're too hype to type. :v:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ularg posted:

I'm back in the Crucible for the NM rank 25 quest and the Thorn quest. Having a lot of fun using TLW. And I thought people were complaining about it being bad.

The Drifter is also the best map just for the floating bodies, ammo and orbs.

drifter is the best supremacy map, watching warlocks impotently hover tryin to get crests is the best

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I keep blinking past them :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, I've hit 200 legendary marks now and what is a good purchase if I've already bought one of the vendor ghosts?

Crucible HC and Sniper, FWC scout, Dead Orbit shotgun if you play crucible and don't have a matador.

quote:

They probably just need to do something with shotguns

They just need to nerf the impact on them, its why the matador is so dominant, because its either the highest impact class or way the gently caress up there, when a shotty has such insanely high impact it works to extend its a range in a sense since even at its furthest range it still does some damage(I saw tripleWRECK do like 70 at a ridiculous range and his matador is poo poo), combine that with the range extending god roll perks and its why you seem to die from halfway across the room, or you're fighting a matador wielding stormlock, then you WILL die from halfway across the room because of that retarded melee they have.

Knowing bungie they'll just do a blanket nerf to shotguns and make them all poo poo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Alteisen posted:

Knowing bungie they'll just do a blanket nerf to shotguns and make them all poo poo.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I liked a suggestion I read to tie Impact to the range stat instead of rate of fire. So the lower the range, the higher the impact. Making them way more deadly up close without letting them map someone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

poor life choice posted:

I like fusion rifles.

I really think it needs accelerated coils to be any good in crucible.. it has a glacial base charge rate.

After that you want range, so the god roll is rangefinder + accelerated coils + rifled barrel. Performance bonus is good too instead of rangefinder.

If you want to use it pve.. eh, whatevs is cool.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
me likey dat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jesus gently caress that's a good roll.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

I really think it needs accelerated coils to be any good in crucible.. it has a glacial base charge rate.

After that you want range, so the god roll is rangefinder + accelerated coils + rifled barrel. Performance bonus is good too instead of rangefinder.

If you want to use it pve.. eh, whatevs is cool.

:siren:

Salidan's Vigil is the LAST fusion rifle you want to put accelerated coils on

It is the fastest charging 4 bolt kill without accelerated coils

It is the slowest charging 5 bolt kill with accelerated coils

Use rifled barrel yes. Rangefinder or performance bonus is a pickem.

In the middle you want something like snapshot, quickdraw or single point sling.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Alteisen posted:

Crucible HC and Sniper, FWC scout, Dead Orbit shotgun if you play crucible and don't have a matador.

They just need to nerf the impact on them, its why the matador is so dominant, because its either the highest impact class or way the gently caress up there, when a shotty has such insanely high impact it works to extend its a range in a sense since even at its furthest range it still does some damage(I saw tripleWRECK do like 70 at a ridiculous range and his matador is poo poo), combine that with the range extending god roll perks and its why you seem to die from halfway across the room, or you're fighting a matador wielding stormlock, then you WILL die from halfway across the room because of that retarded melee they have.

it's the solemn duty of a stormlock to know the exact range at which his or her shotgun will do ~80 damage

http://i.imgur.com/fEOlTBD.gifv

get that crispy 122 followup going

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

got an ill will last night with litc, braced frame, and

triple tap :negative:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Jesus gently caress that's a good roll.

I've got the exact same roll. It's funny but I can double tap with any other 81 impact HC and still have a usable weapon even if LitC doesn't proc.

http://i.imgur.com/6esjQsD.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 14, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:siren:

Salidan's Vigil is the LAST fusion rifle you want to put accelerated coils on

It is the fastest charging 4 bolt kill without accelerated coils

It is the slowest charging 5 bolt kill with accelerated coils

Use rifled barrel yes. Rangefinder or performance bonus is a pickem.

In the middle you want something like snapshot, quickdraw or single point sling.

I get that, I just hate four bolt fusions because you're probably dead by the time the drat thing actually shoots. It's for people who are good at precharging around corners.

(though I didn't know accelerated coils made it a lovely 5 bolt fusion)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've got the exact same roll. It's funny but I can double tap with any other 81 impact HC and still have a usable weapon even if LitC doesn't proc.

Yeah but keep it around for IB

Saladman and Efeetdeet giving me that god roll Lingering Song the first day when banner was full of LL360 retards was the greatest gift a guardian could have received

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

O cool I have that same one, I guess I should use it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Best game of Supremacy i have ever had.

Ended up with a 20kd. Most crests. Most kills. Match was over in 4 minutes.

I am around about the 100 game mark now for Supremacy. Haven't lost one yet. The closest was a draw because everyone spawned in invisible...

boz
Oct 16, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Delayed until the 26th probably vaporware forever

They released one for the xb1 already so I have faith it exists

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
If airborne is on and you fire telesto from the air and land before they explode do they still get the damage boost?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Big Centipede posted:

If airborne is on and you fire telesto from the air and land before they explode do they still get the damage boost?

You have to be in the air when they detonate, if it's like everything else.

It's about when damage is dealt, not when shots are fired. You can fire rockets and then jump, jump and punch, throw grenades then jump, etc.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Lightning Knight posted:

You have to be in the air when they detonate, if it's like everything else.

It's about when damage is dealt, not when shots are fired. You can fire rockets and then jump, jump and punch, throw grenades then jump, etc.

Ahhh

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Xur is selling regular exotic glove engrams now

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Big Centipede posted:

Xur is selling regular exotic glove engrams now

Mk 44 Stand Asides, Bones of Eao, Sunbreakers, Trespasser also

Xur is by the Speaker

Listerine fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
How big of a difference is there between generically good rolls on handcannons of the Palindrome impact class and the vendor Palindrome? I know the gun has phenomenal stats and a great roll, but I don't enjoy using it. I keep a copy of the vendor roll infused up and what not but I prefer my other handcannons.

I have a Byronic Hero with some sight that's bad, Rescue Mag, Rifled Barrel (or Hammer Forged, if I so desired), and Luck in the Chamber.

And an Eyasluna with Sureshot, Underdog, Rifled Barrel, and Hidden Hand.

Having tested both, I prefer the Eyasluna in terms of sheer enjoyment, but the Byronic Hero is hilarious with Luck procs. Both seem fairly comparable - perk that helps reload under fire, range, wild card perk that improves combat efficiency - but I'm not sure if they're good enough to justify using past "I like them more."

Edit: yay Tresspasser. :v:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hahaha laughing fart with braced frame is rediculous let alone snapshot and hidden hand

https://youtu.be/u0b1f13GGPI

I had a pvp vid but it only recorded 5 seconds

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Hahaha laughing fart with braced frame is rediculous let alone snapshot and hidden hand

https://youtu.be/u0b1f13GGPI

I had a pvp vid but it only recorded 5 seconds

That's a pretty nice sniper rifle. I'm kinda jelly.

What's it's base aim assist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archo
Nov 5, 2002
Anime King
Blindsite your hatred of shotguns is perhaps the most delicious thing in this thread. Toss in some Rasheed arrogance and I can pretty much cum to this thread in under a minute

• Locked thread