Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I have Krut, and his 1/passive are maxed, his 3 is halfway to max. I can probably max him and maybe get Chenny but don't know about getting her any meaningful amount of skill ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Chenny comes around fairly often. Krut has come around three times total.

If you are tired of Krut by all means then unlock Chenny and throw some levels into her. Don't burn out.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Is there currently a goon guild with any space for a new, new, bad player?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Overflowtax has a couple spots left.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

DemonMage posted:

Overflowtax has a couple spots left.

I've applied! Now to try to get Krut.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Also since I don't see this mentioned in the OP, it seems really worth doing the library in the sky every day even as a relative newbie. I can already clear the first stage of Celestial and get to 20ishin on the second, on auto. Which is 300k+ gold and a good chunk towards unlocking Celestial and you can only run them once a day.

[Edit] Also man the difficulty jump in Krut 3->4 is pretty drat significant. Can one turn or almost one turn 3 every time now, I can get 4 to like 50-60% after one turn, and can't finish him even at the end of turn two and then he just kills/heals up too much.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 13, 2016

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

DemonMage posted:

[Edit] Also man the difficulty jump in Krut 3->4 is pretty drat significant. Can one turn or almost one turn 3 every time now, I can get 4 to like 50-60% after one turn, and can't finish him even at the end of turn two and then he just kills/heals up too much.

Are you using High Morale? That might be just enough to push you over the edge to 2 turn him. 2nd time Krut came around and I wanted to finish skilling him, I could only beat Krut 4 with High Morale on.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Hallelujah, they changed Chenny's island. Heroes now spawn closer to the Chennys, which makes autoing a lot easier.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Newbie question: I've just unlocked the lord masteries for grace, but I don't have the grace skill? How do I get it?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's from doing 4-7 Hard the first time.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Roid666 posted:

Newbie question: I've just unlocked the lord masteries for grace, but I don't have the grace skill? How do I get it?

Keep advancing the story until you unlock it. My general advice is to plow through the story levels as fast as you can while ignoring stage rankings. You can go back later to SS rank them.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
K cool, I've been sinking all my spare energy into farming Krut, so I haven't really touched the story since unlocking the jack stage.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So, for those of you who actually got Spooky and Banshee, welcome to the "wrecking the poo poo out of Celestial" club.

As long as you can get to the top of the hard tower, you are going to be able to beat Celestial, because with a little work, Banshee + Spooky + A healer can tank Celestial

And as of last night's patch, they have apparently fixed Spooky's damage reflection so it reflects damage that she soaks for Banshee.

That means when Banshee gets hit for 30,000 damage, and Spooky gets hit for 70,000 damage, Spooky is (with the right set and soul gear) going to reflect 47,000 damage. On top of the counter Banshee will do with her nice Outer Space set (You DO have Outer Space on her, right?)

You don't even need to keep an enemy around to get the reflect, you can just have Spooky hit an ally, using the skill every other turn.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Didn't expect Lord costumes to also have all of the facial expressions regular Lord does.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Banshee will do with her nice Outer Space set (You DO have Outer Space on her, right?)

Haha.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I've only gotten one piece of outer space so far, how frustrating :( Hopefully it comes around on the machine soon.

edit:

Now I've just gotta finish leveling and gearing him up

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 13, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I've only gotten one piece of outer space so far, how frustrating :( Hopefully it comes around on the machine soon.

Same :argh:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
360/720 Krut pieces. I can 1turn Krut with friends on stage 3 and 2 turn Krut with max level lee friends on stage 4...

After Krut goes away what is the recommended "dump your energy on this" thing? Clearing story mode?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

boy are my arms tired posted:

360/720 Krut pieces. I can 1turn Krut with friends on stage 3 and 2 turn Krut with max level lee friends on stage 4...

After Krut goes away what is the recommended "dump your energy on this" thing? Clearing story mode?

If you need Chenny or Nirvana, farm them, beyond that, story mode. Muang is trash.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you need Chenny or Nirvana, farm them, beyond that, story mode. Muang is trash.

thats disappointing because fire-themed dudes are extremely my poo poo

how is poni?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

So, for those of you who actually got Spooky and Banshee, welcome to the "wrecking the poo poo out of Celestial" club.

As long as you can get to the top of the hard tower, you are going to be able to beat Celestial, because with a little work, Banshee + Spooky + A healer can tank Celestial

And as of last night's patch, they have apparently fixed Spooky's damage reflection so it reflects damage that she soaks for Banshee.

That means when Banshee gets hit for 30,000 damage, and Spooky gets hit for 70,000 damage, Spooky is (with the right set and soul gear) going to reflect 47,000 damage. On top of the counter Banshee will do with her nice Outer Space set (You DO have Outer Space on her, right?)

You don't even need to keep an enemy around to get the reflect, you can just have Spooky hit an ally, using the skill every other turn.

I used Reyson's strat, locking the bottom with Persona and the top with Bearman/Mu/Krut. I had to shuffle a lot of equipment onto Krut to do enough damage to beat Celestial, though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

boy are my arms tired posted:

thats disappointing because fire-themed dudes are extremely my poo poo

how is poni?

Poni is a great concept with a really lovely front and backend implementation.

Backend, because his passive works against itself. His passive regen from being buffed, as well as passive regen from equipment and buffs, will go off before checking the trigger for low HP, which means you will almost never get the giant regen bonus.

This is on top of his lovely attack ranges and mediocre stats.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

I used Reyson's strat, locking the bottom with Persona and the top with Bearman/Mu/Krut. I had to shuffle a lot of equipment onto Krut to do enough damage to beat Celestial, though.

With mine, i was able to have Banshee, Lee, and Muzaka all hitting Celestial every turn, which made things easier. It would have been absurdly faster, though, with a giant pile of reflect damage.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Are Cheney/Nirvana/Muang 4 new, or am I just losing my mind? I swear they had only 3 stages each last time.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Yes. I have never seen those before. It's good chenny and nirvana now have a 4th stage for even more gene farming. Muang can blow it out his rear end though. And I am so sorry for missing out on all the raids/check ins. Also rip the 2* free capsules. I got a tod set piece and another pair o pants for unyielding champ (yay +11).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Just to be sure I'm not wasting points... do you still want to unlock Persona and then unlock+skill Belle?

Also a survey for 10x 1* Rainbow capsule: https://goo.gl/O8sY8m. Good until 10/18, rewards delivered on 10/20.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

With mine, i was able to have Banshee, Lee, and Muzaka all hitting Celestial every turn, which made things easier. It would have been absurdly faster, though, with a giant pile of reflect damage.

Yeah; my strat was the definition of scraping by. I finished the fight at turn 18 with a hit from High Moraled 3* Nirvana, my last character.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

hey girl you up posted:

Are Cheney/Nirvana/Muang 4 new, or am I just losing my mind? I swear they had only 3 stages each last time.

Can't be that new, I already had ranks on them. But their stages appear to have changed. For example, stage 3 nirvana isn't on a ledge anymore, just flat ground. Scoop up him and his friends with deimos, fun!

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
If I get those level-fodder monster drops that aren't either Golden Cuccoos or Rebirth Golems, is there anything to do with those or should I sell them for Gold?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Ignoranus posted:

If I get those level-fodder monster drops that aren't either Golden Cuccoos or Rebirth Golems, is there anything to do with those or should I sell them for Gold?

They're either a pittance of gold or a pittance of exp. Go for whichever seems more helpful.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Speaking of Deimos, how are people building this fella? I went for aggro sets since I figured you'd want as many things as possible within one cell of him, but it hasn't been an issue due to his third skill. Problem is, I'm running into mana trouble on him far faster than I expected, so I was hoping someone had suggestions.

For what it's worth, typically I try to gather things up with Deimos, disarm them with Gillian(so they don't move), then start stacking weakness from Deimos/Lena/whatever and mop up with heavy aoe hitters like krut. So if it sounds like I'm not using him wisely just let me know. TOD 60 didn't work with this so well, but most other stuff did.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Just started, looking for goon friends to carry my noob butt through stuff. Ingame name is also Damegane.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

DemonMage posted:

Also since I don't see this mentioned in the OP, it seems really worth doing the library in the sky every day even as a relative newbie. I can already clear the first stage of Celestial and get to 20ishin on the second, on auto. Which is 300k+ gold and a good chunk towards unlocking Celestial and you can only run them once a day.

Good to know and good motivation to rework the OP.

What type of team are you running as a "relative newbie" to make progress on auto to Celestial Stage 2 ~ Level 20?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Chris 4* 29
Jack 4* 25
Krut 4* 20
Valkyrie 3* 47
Spooky 4* 14

Got me to Celestial 2 Stage 25 auto. No idea if I have anything better, I haven't really tried to do an effort run at it. That's enough for 205k gold and 50 Celestial pieces.
Also clears Celestial 1, which is 90k gold and 10 Celestial pieces.
And one turns Krut 3.

[Late Edit] Also apparently the White Witch Lord and Celestial spider costume are staying in the store until further notice, so you don't need to rush to get them.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 14, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Reminder that the newest hero, Zombie Lucas, has not been released yet. I recommend not spending any crystals until he's released in case his hero package contains a good set/costume.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
https://www.facebook.com/Fwar/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

(y) (y) (y) (y) Like and share the upcoming hero Lucas! (y) (y) (y) (y)
Event Period: 2016. 10. 14 - 2016. 10. 19
Event Rewards: on-time rewards of 💟150 crystals💟 if like and share total counts reach 1,500! (cumulative between Global, Thai, Taiwanese Facebook pages)
*rewards will be provided on 2016. 10. 20*

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Applied to overflowtax

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Between the free pull today and the one pull I had enough crystals saved for I managed to get two full sets of mad guitarist and 2/3 Beast Rain. :swoon:

Who should I put Beast Rain on? Krut?

edit: lol I made the mistake of checking the official facebook page, I cannot believe the tears people are shedding over the new machines. "There's too many A-rank dupes!" well, yeah. That's what happens when they keep the drop rates as high as they were but lock it down to only the featured sets. It's almost as if A rank items are more common or something!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 14, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Mirthless posted:

Between the free pull today and the one pull I had enough crystals saved for I managed to get two full sets of mad guitarist and 2/3 Beast Rain. :swoon:

Who should I put Beast Rain on? Krut?

Krut is great with BR, unless you have a Klein set Jenny or something.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Ground up enough gear to get a 3* alchemy set item. Mad guitarist.

:rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Mirthless posted:

Ground up enough gear to get a 3* alchemy set item. Mad guitarist.

:rimshot:

Before I pulled today, my two most hated sets were Shadow Corps and Mad Guitarist. 3* sets in general are my bane(I have 2/3 beast rain, 1/3 Outer Space, gently caress-all else that isn't a store/event/package set), but those two in particular are just the prime ingredient in that poo poo sandwich. Not because of the quality of the sets, but because before I pulled today I had 11 pieces of Shadow Corps, and 15 pieces of Mad Guitarist.

I pulled. Now I have 18 pieces of Mad Guitarist and a bunch of extra blue gear. :smithicide:

I've taken to just putting it on random dudes because at least it's hp/defense armor and atk/crit weapons.

• Locked thread