Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

One 11 draw gets me Eiko's BSB and two Freya Tridents, perfect for my physical team! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Oh god gently caress this I loving knew this was going to be poo poo. Three rainbows, Steinercalibur, Freya Spear, oh come on baby that next orb has got to be- nope nevermind another Freya spear.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Hairpin and Wizard rod on one. Kuja's Gloves and Excalibur IX on two. I got almost everything except one of the two things I most wanted from the banner.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

QuantaStarFire posted:

Isn't one of those just FF5 after Exdeath's been beaten?

Legend of the Crystals takes place in FFV's world like a hundred years after the events of the game, yeah. But I mean they already did an event based on Advent Children so it's not like there isn't precedent for it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lightbringer and Wizard Rod from the 11-pull. Lightbringer seems badass, Wizard Rod seems very meh, especially since I've got Selphie with Dreamstage. But now I've got this and Garnet's BSB dagger, so I guess I'll have to level her up some day.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
100 gem Trident, that is nice.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
guuuh I'm so loving salty, three orbs and once again I gracefully manage to tiptoe around any of the items I would've been okay pulling. These were my two please god nos.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Looks like I am probably waiting for OSBfest for Hamelin, and maybe I'll get Agrias's BSB for Imperil Holy goodness.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Lightbringer and Wizard Rod from the 11-pull. Lightbringer seems badass, Wizard Rod seems very meh, especially since I've got Selphie with Dreamstage. But now I've got this and Garnet's BSB dagger, so I guess I'll have to level her up some day.

Wizard Rod is a Hastega and a +RES that stacks with Shell as opposed to being Shell. And heavy regen, to boot.

Never shrug off a Hastega, especially for Cid Mission purposes.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I pulled on this one cuz I either wanted a holy SB to go with my holy boosts or a Crit +50% to optimize all my non-elemental, multi-hit SBs

:toot:
Golden Hairpin also opens up some options for me. Very nice.

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

11 pull got me Lightbringer, Wizard Rod, and Kuja Gloves #2 and #3. Beatrix burst should work well with PCecil's and Hope's! :toot: Guess I should get around to making Saint's Cross.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
11-pull yielded Lightbringer and the comb. Beatrix and Pecil are going to murder so much poo poo together.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Four 11-pulls. Final haul of like four Kuja's Gloves, two Freya Tridents, two Wizard Rods, an Excalibur, and a Lightbringer, and also an off-banner Hunter's Rod. No Hamelin or Golden Hairpin though! Lame, but I can't complain about the Lightbringer no matter how much I want to.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Well, 150 mythril gets me two golden hats and a wizard rod. Not what you hope for with 150 mythril, but this should get the job done. Ugh, I hate ff9 in this game.

Thinking about it this is actually real good, just wish I hadn't spent the last 50 for the other clip!! But that won't hurt me cause I had so much. Basically opens up my options and lets me RW Eiko's BSB.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 14, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Dollar pulled golden hairpin :toot: Not 11-pulling on this, I have too much healer poo poo already, already have wizard rod, and while I want Beatrix BSB, I don't want it that bad. Now I have a CM boostga :toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Excalibur and Kuja's Gloves.

Neither of which improves my IX situation any. A IX Holy Sword is good, I suppose, but I needed something other then swords of FFIX Physical Synergy. And a bracer is nice, and Kuja is now definitely going to destroy everything ever with Dark Zone. But it doesn't open new options, it's another IX Mage Soul Break.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Got Gold Hairpin (and nothing else important).

Sure, I have +50%, but now I have to worry about either taking two relatively inflexible Support types to get both that and hastega or have to worry about it and Flames overwriting each other, and that's not pretty.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

AweStriker posted:

Got Gold Hairpin (and nothing else important).

Sure, I have +50%, but now I have to worry about either taking two relatively inflexible Support types to get both that and hastega or have to worry about it and Flames overwriting each other, and that's not pretty.
Frog Drop isn't really an A-team type of SB. Gold Hairpin is still an A+ drop though; it's a boostga for IX CMs (since you have to take Quina along, s/he's their only support), and afaik it's the only piece of 5* armor in the game that boosts water, so it's incredible for Tidus cheese.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Was going to wait to pull on the lucky draw until FF IX banner 1, and only go for that if I managed either of the BSBs.

Got Freya's spear... and nothing else.

Guess I'm saving more mythril for another go at it!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar pulled Steiner's Excalibur and wow does that sprite almost look like the Lightbringer. Not the biggest fan of the SB, but can't complain about a 5* on a dollar draw :toot:

Wish I could pull, but I've got plans that need Mythril.

I'm tempted to pull on Eiko 2 JUST for a chance at Vivi's BSB, but I'll just hope that it'll be on Terra's Fire OSB banner like it was before.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Ok big warning.

The enemies on the elite difficulty for the FF9 event use Roulette (aka instant death that randomly chooses a target but is guaranteed to hit).

gently caress this event.

EDIT: Wait no it's on both normal and elite.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 14, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Also, don't forget that Quina and Garnet have RMs that only drop in FFIX realms. If you haven't grabbed them yet, this is your best (least stamina intensive) chance to grab them.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I'm never going to use ramza, even if I had shout. It's hard to replace a support (faris) that has some of the best debuffs (bsb and that aoe atk/mag down). I wish I had a use for him, I just got tailwind.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Got my 3rd copy of Steiner's sword, that's enough now

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

superloosegoose posted:

I'm never going to use ramza, even if I had shout. It's hard to replace a support (faris) that has some of the best debuffs (bsb and that aoe atk/mag down). I wish I had a use for him, I just got tailwind.

Faris and Ramza have wide enough skillsets that you can easily use both.

Edit: Since you have Grand Armor, for instance. You could have Ramza run Armor Breakdown and Lifesiphion while Faris does the offensive Breakdowns.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

superloosegoose posted:

I run both Ramza and Faris on the A-team; Ramza supplies Power Breakdown and Full Break with access to Shout (if I'm not using it as a RW) and Tailwind (if I am), while Faris has Magic Breakdown and Thief's Revenge alongside her -ATK/-MAG SB.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Question for thread-dwellers better at mythril budgeting than I:

I'm tempted to pull on Guy 2, since it's got Guy's imperil earth and Maria's earth caster BSB, and I have a weird affection for that element in RPGs, since it's so often overlooked. However, I'm still trying to budget out:

* 1 pull on Tidus OSB 1
* 1 pull on Kain 1
* 2 pulls on OK 1 to hail mary for the BSB
* 3 pulls on Minfilia 1 (or 2 if I get all the stuff I want in that much) because it's amazing and XIV is my fave

I'm also reeeeeeally tempted by OSB fest banners 1 and 5.

I have 120 myth right now, and about 33% of the elites remaining to get mythril from. Is this feasible, or will I have to be a lot more conservative with my mythril than I'd planned? I have very little interest in the four banners (Squall OSB, Angeal, Leo, Dorgann) between OK and Minfilia and will probably not pull on them at all.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Frog Drop isn't really an A-team type of SB. Gold Hairpin is still an A+ drop though; it's a boostga for IX CMs (since you have to take Quina along, s/he's their only support), and afaik it's the only piece of 5* armor in the game that boosts water, so it's incredible for Tidus cheese.

I think I have none of the pieces I'd need for Tidus cheese, other than that. And Tidus.

(I'd like some, though, X is by far my weakest realm that often gets events. ...okay, VIII isn't far behind.)

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

AweStriker posted:

I think I have none of the pieces I'd need for Tidus cheese, other than that. And Tidus.

(I'd like some, though, X is by far my weakest realm that often gets events. ...okay, VIII isn't far behind.)
One of the other two isn't even out yet :v: And, if they don't change it, both other pieces are on the same OSBfest banner!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Question for thread-dwellers better at mythril budgeting than I:

I'm tempted to pull on Guy 2, since it's got Guy's imperil earth and Maria's earth caster BSB, and I have a weird affection for that element in RPGs, since it's so often overlooked. However, I'm still trying to budget out:

* 1 pull on Tidus OSB 1
* 1 pull on Kain 1
* 2 pulls on OK 1 to hail mary for the BSB
* 3 pulls on Minfilia 1 (or 2 if I get all the stuff I want in that much) because it's amazing and XIV is my fave

I'm also reeeeeeally tempted by OSB fest banners 1 and 5.

I have 120 myth right now, and about 33% of the elites remaining to get mythril from. Is this feasible, or will I have to be a lot more conservative with my mythril than I'd planned? I have very little interest in the four banners (Squall OSB, Angeal, Leo, Dorgann) between OK and Minfilia and will probably not pull on them at all.

You can generally expect ~100 mythril per month before even considering the unfinished story dungeons, so you will have enough, but I probably wouldn't recommend doing more than 2 pulls outside of the budget.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

A person on FFRK Discord just got the worst pull possible:

Anytime you feel down about your pull, consider that it could always be worse. At least Barbut person got synergy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KnoxZone posted:

You can generally expect ~100 mythril per month before even considering the unfinished story dungeons, so you will have enough, but I probably wouldn't recommend doing more than 2 pulls outside of the budget.

The expected minimum is:

40 from weekly events (4 in a month)
33 from logins (30 days + 3-4 bonus logins)
16 from monthly DUs.

So generally about 93 Mythril.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

KnoxZone posted:

Anytime you feel down about your pull, consider that it could always be worse. At least Barbut person got synergy.

Magus Robes and a couple of FFXII weapons for 3* items, that is a sad pull indeed.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

The expected minimum is:

40 from weekly events (4 in a month)
33 from logins (30 days + 3-4 bonus logins)
16 from monthly DUs.

So generally about 93 Mythril.

Also 4 from the chocobo shop.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Ugh, why is Excalibur on this banner with Lightbringer.

I have a 7* Trident, 6* Excalibur, and a Hamelin in a pear tree. Beatrix, you were not meant to be.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

Got my 3rd copy of Steiner's sword, that's enough now

Grats on your 8* item :)

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm off to an excellent start with this banner. Dollar pull got me Garnet's Wizard Rod. Once I get my hones in line my future mage team is going to be absolutely broken.

http://imgur.com/JIpVAEk

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

I can do you one better: I got that exact pull before G5. I really cannot stress enough how hellish the game originally was for me before I quit. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That's pretty good, but have you considered that Frog Drop's graphic has the casting sprite for frogs from ff5 in it?

• Locked thread