Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kal-L posted:

I'm the guy with shades in a dimly lit room. They make me look cool, okay?

There was a dude straight out of that I used to work with, he had a "medical condition" that required him to always wear sunglasses. He also always wore a big black trenchcoat. His nickname was "Fat Matrix".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm watching the first episode of South Park in a very long time. I have to say I really adore the show's original non-computrized animation. It feels very "organic".

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kal-L posted:

I'm the guy with shades in a dimly lit room. They make me look cool, okay?

What the gently caress is that in their mouth anyways, a cigar? A tootsie roll? A pretzel stick? An actual turd?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Medullah posted:

I liked during the assembly "Show your wiener" it quickly cut to Craig and Tweek sitting together. :dance:

Well, even before that, Butters called them out for thinking they would be safe because they are gay.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

What the gently caress is that in their mouth anyways, a cigar? A tootsie roll? A pretzel stick? An actual turd?

The troll under the bridge was vaping. I'm not sure if you're asking about another troll.

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
Edit: I suck at posting in the right thread.

its no big deal fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 14, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Glad to see Zarya working with another team.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Arbite posted:

Good art but these all look like 'Someone who probably still lives with their mother and hates himself, and obviously has nothing better to do.'

Having the trolls be a bunch of dudes wouldn't have been cinematic, but it flies in the face of their earlier point.

Based on this episode I'm guessing where they're going with it is, Gerald will keep trying to deny that he's "one of them", that he's not really a troll because he isn't a nerd who lives in his mom's basement. But he'll learn that there's not really a difference.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
There is one line in this episode that neither I nor anyone that I play it to can make any sense of.
Right after Gerald hisses at Sheila and she's confronting him about it:
"One night you say all our computer stuff is broken, and you hide everything, and then you show up with ????????? and then now this. Please tell me what's going on."

What exactly is she saying?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

She said "I acquit."

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Schlub Husband posted:

There is one line in this episode that neither I nor anyone that I play it to can make any sense of.
Right after Gerald hisses at Sheila and she's confronting him about it:
"One night you say all our computer stuff is broken, and you hide everything, and then you show up with ????????? and then now this. Please tell me what's going on."

What exactly is she saying?

All this new equipment.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I loved this episode, possibly my favorite so far since they started doing the continuity. All the call backs worked, and I'm looking froward to what happens to the "new" Cartman.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Arbite posted:

Good art but these all look like 'Someone who probably still lives with their mother and hates himself, and obviously has nothing better to do.'

Having the trolls be a bunch of dudes wouldn't have been cinematic, but it flies in the face of their earlier point.

I was half expecting PC Principal to be there.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Was butters whole thing supposed to be a reference to harambe the gorilla that got murdered?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think it's more a take on defensive MRA grabbing tits out for feminism anti-bodyshaming rhetoric and applying it to their weiners.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it's more a take on defensive MRA grabbing tits out for feminism anti-bodyshaming rhetoric and applying it to their weiners.

Bingo. The whole point was to put PC Principle into a PC-logic-knot.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Definitely true, but there's no doubt that "Wieners Out" is definitely cribbing "Dicks Out (For Harambe)"

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

timp posted:

Definitely true, but there's no doubt that "Wieners Out" is definitely cribbing "Dicks Out (For Harambe)"

Sigh. Ok, so I'm aware of the original Harambe story, and how he was turned into a stupid meta-meme (in a similar vein to All Your Base), but what is the "dicks out" part? I missed this, and I rely on you goons for poo poo like this.

EDIT: ah, it's a youtube video.

EDIT 2: hey, there is a site that catalogs this poo poo.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/harambe-the-gorilla

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 14, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've already seen MRAs on social media unironically supporting Butters' message from this episode. :suicide:

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
"On September 5th, 2016, Twitter user and University of Massachusetts Amherst student @JarodSasdi13[33] uploaded a picture of an email sent by his resident assistants that called for an end to Harambe jokes in his hall, claiming they were a “micro-aggression”"

Before there was PC Principal there was PC RA

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Don't defend harambe jokes, it makes you look like a KKK member or a trump supporter

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Why would joking about a gorilla be racist?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Squashy Nipples posted:

Sigh. Ok, so I'm aware of the original Harambe story, and how he was turned into a stupid meta-meme (in a similar vein to All Your Base), but what is the "dicks out" part? I missed this, and I rely on you goons for poo poo like this.

EDIT: ah, it's a youtube video.

EDIT 2: hey, there is a site that catalogs this poo poo.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/harambe-the-gorilla

Also, fun fact that goes completely unnoticed by the internet because nobody ever leaves their Mom's basement: Harambe is also the name of the African town region of the Disneyworld amusement park in Florida. It's a pretty cool place. Went a month or two ago.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Love Stole the Day posted:

Also, fun fact that goes completely unnoticed by the internet because nobody ever leaves their Mom's basement: Harambe is also the name of the African town region of the Disneyworld amusement park in Florida. It's a pretty cool place. Went a month or two ago.

Does that even need to be noticed? Not really.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

I've already seen MRAs on social media unironically supporting Butters' message from this episode. :suicide:
Leave it to MRAs to take a call for equal treatment and invent a way for them to be the real victims.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Drifter posted:

Does that even need to be noticed? Not really.

It's very important that you know he leaves his mom's basement.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ChesterJT posted:

It's very important that you know he leaves his mom's basement.

Oh, totally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

South Park Studios posted:

GIANT DOUCHE WANTS OUT OF THE RACE
IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERING ON
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

——–
All-New Season 20 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
——–

NEW YORK, October 17, 2016Garrison finally crosses the line at his most recent Presidential rally in an all-new episode titled “Douche and a Danish” on Wednesday, October 19 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The kids get pulled in to the search for the notorious Skankhunt42. Meanwhile, Gerald joins forces with the other trolls to stop Denmark from launching TrollTrace.com.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October. The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

EDIT: Preview Clip

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 17, 2016

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Gerald's growling at the dog pissing on the tree made me laugh so much harder than it should have.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

That clip is amazing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That clip captures the ridiculousness of the pussy grabbing coverage so well. Sure, it was a really awful thing to say, but Garrison/Trump built the entire campaign on awful poo poo (some worse, some not as bad). Looks like a really good episode.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's kind of crazy how it all worked out, but they can (and probably will, it looks like) easily link these two stories together with the common theme of women uniting in protest against something. I mean it's always been obvious that Trump has a problem with women voters, but over the last few weeks it's really become the central issue tanking his campaign.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Maybe Matt & Trey are writing the Trump campaign?

It really is fortuitous timing though.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NiceGuy posted:

You people are deluding yourselves if you think the Cleveland show was anything but unfunny boring dreck. It's easily the worst of the 3 SMF shows and that says something as family guy has been pulling a wacky deli for years now

yeah Cleveland Show is just unfunny boring dreck

that's why it's better than modern Family Guy because it's not actively offensive and bad

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Modern Family Guy is just as terrible as Classic Family Guy. The only difference is that it is more "edgy".

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

LostRook posted:

Why would joking about a gorilla be racist?

Aside from all the racist poo poo surrounding the initial story, there's also the argument (put forth or at least most vocally supported by Kumail Nanjiani) that Harambe wouldn't be a meme if the gorilla didn't have a "funny African name." Max Landis pushed back and said any goofy white name would've had the same result (a retort that buys into the idea that Harambe is a funny name -- but why?) and some other folks pointed to Cecil the Lion as a counterexample (but the two aren't quite the same in memedom, with Cecil's social media notoriety revolving mostly around animal rights outrage).

Of course, once something like this spirals out of control the joke becomes abstract and/or centered around the repeated use of the image and people don't pay any attention to the roots of why Harambe memes were ever considered funny.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Gorillas are about as racist as frogs.

fake edit: Please don't search for accompanying cute videos of gorillas and frogs to append to your posts.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao I know exactly what video you're referring to

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Is it wrong that I want to buy a TOKEN'S LIFE MATTERS shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wish they'd focus on the Garrison/Jenner ticket more than the "lol people are bullies on the internet, let's make a season about it" plot.

e- I love this lovey dovey gibberish between Heidi and Cartman.

• Locked thread