Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

sleppy posted:

I'm not fidgety enough to buy a toy specifically for that, but these things popped up on youtube and looked like fun to play with, so I googled the name.
Turns out they cost $150 to pre-order, and hundreds had previously joined a waiting list to pay double that. Some videos people mention having to pay up to $700 resale for it.

This guy talks nearly half an hour about a piece of metal on a bearing. Seeing all of this quickly put me off of any EDC junk, but to each their own.

I got a Logitech G602 mouse, hoping that wireless will treat me right.

Thats a cool toy, where can I buy the chinese knockoff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

GopherFlats posted:

If you're one of those annoying retards who carries around a brick in a national or state park I will follow you... With my drone irl.

An dude I know downed one that was buzzing his kayak by casting a sinker at it until his line got snagged in the blades. He yanked it into the water, then trashed it when he landed. That sounds more fun then actual fishing.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

bongwizzard posted:

An dude I know downed one that was buzzing his kayak by casting a sinker at it until his line got snagged in the blades. He yanked it into the water, then trashed it when he landed. That sounds more fun then actual fishing.

Destroying someone's poo poo is always fun

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Destroying someone's poo poo is always fun

Almost as much as flying a weed whacker with a camera attached around in public is. Stay out of casting range and you don't have to worry about it.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

bongwizzard posted:

Almost as much as flying a weed whacker with a camera attached around in public is. Stay out of casting range and you don't have to worry about it.

Seems like a pretty dumb thing to do. If it has a camera attached to it, they obviously are going to see you trying to knock it down. That combined with the fact that you had to transport your kayak to the lake with some sort of a vehicle, you're likely to come back to some broken windows, keyed up paint, flat tires, etc.

Messing with peoples personal property goes both ways. Not something I would suggest.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

100% Dundee posted:

Seems like a pretty dumb thing to do. If it has a camera attached to it, they obviously are going to see you trying to knock it down. That combined with the fact that you likely had to transport your kayak to the lake with some sort of a vehicle, you're likely to come back to some broken windows, keyed up paint, flat tires, etc.

Messing with peoples personal property goes both ways. Not something I would suggest.

Don't care, drones are annoying as poo poo, windows are replaceable. Also messing with with random redneck's cars isn't super advisable and good luck picking mine out of a parking lot full of them. Buzzing someone within 50-60' is absurdly rude and you deserve to have your toy broken. In any case the trend seems to be towards banning them in most parks around me, so the problem isn't really a huge deal as the dial-a-poacher hotline will gladly send someone around to ticket people for flying them.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

SEKCobra posted:

Thats a cool toy, where can I buy the chinese knockoff?

Buy some Bones Reds bearings and find a 3d printer for something like this. Glue some poo poo to your bearing, get creative with hardware. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUBsvu1I1Mg

With how popular all these are, it really is only a matter of time for China to work it's magic, though.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

sleppy posted:

Buy some Bones Reds bearings and find a 3d printer for something like this. Glue some poo poo to your bearing, get creative with hardware. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUBsvu1I1Mg

With how popular all these are, it really is only a matter of time for China to work it's magic, though.

Way too much effort, I'm sure someone will produce this stuff cheap if they aren't doing it already.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you all like PCOS Bill so much you might want to check out Citizen Tayne.

I am literally offended.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PCOS Bill just wants us to make smart purchasing decisions so we can all afford light aircraft.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

A pair of white Beovox CX100 speakers to match my white Beosystem 7000 stereo. The previous owner refoamed them, but I still have to clean the outside of the cabinets and clean up the cloth.

They both have two 4" woofers and a 1" treble, and they can do 100W in 6ohm.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bongwizzard posted:

Don't care, drones are annoying as poo poo, windows are replaceable. Also messing with with random redneck's cars isn't super advisable and good luck picking mine out of a parking lot full of them. Buzzing someone within 50-60' is absurdly rude and you deserve to have your toy broken. In any case the trend seems to be towards banning them in most parks around me, so the problem isn't really a huge deal as the dial-a-poacher hotline will gladly send someone around to ticket people for flying them.

What's it like to feel this much impotent rage in your daily life?

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

chitoryu12 posted:

What's it like to feel this much impotent rage in your daily life?

I doubt that dude is actually angry its probably just fun for him to write in an angry tone sometimes.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Zahi posted:

I doubt that dude is actually angry its probably just fun for him to write in an angry tone sometimes.

More or less, I think I was being pretty matter-of-fact and calm about things.

And if I actually manage to do some drone fishing my rage will be fully actualized rather than impotent.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Zahi posted:

You just described the overall tone of the forums quite well, barring the occasional meltdown (which is probably hammed up too tbh).

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

fyallm posted:

Someone posted this eariler and I just had to have one..

I backed this last night, ordering two after seeing it on Facebook. I may increase my order so I can get one for PCOS Bill.

Sorry Bill, they don't come with Trump logos.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Science Goy posted:

I backed this last night, ordering two after seeing it on Facebook. I may increase my order so I can get one for PCOS Bill.

Sorry Bill, they don't come with Trump logos.

Not everything I own has a Trump logo.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

The Science Goy posted:

I backed this last night, ordering two after seeing it on Facebook.

So do any of the buttons do anything? I watched the video and it looks like they do nothing at all.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

TotalLossBrain posted:

So do any of the buttons do anything? I watched the video and it looks like they do nothing at all.

Some of them make clicky noises. Otherwise, no.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Not the desk part, just the treadmill. Need to stay off my rear end this winter. This will go under my existing standing desk.

LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Under Desk Treadmill

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beefnoodle posted:

Not the desk part, just the treadmill. Need to stay off my rear end this winter. This will go under my existing standing desk.

What the hell kind of treadmill is that you can't even hang your clothes on it

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beefnoodle posted:

It only supports 350lbs, good luck

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What the hell kind of treadmill is that you can't even hang your clothes on it

Socks hang fine.

PCOS Bill posted:

Cool projection, fatty.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug In Hybrid

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Lookin forward to some Horde Mode and coop campaigning.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Oct 13, 2016

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a treadmill, not a deadlifting platform; I think he's gonna be ok.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

Lookin forward to some Horde Mode and coop campaigning.

Well this is interesting.

Content: bought (adopted) a cat. Pictures to come.

TMonsta
May 10, 2011

TastyShrimpPlatter posted:

2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug In Hybrid

Bought one of those in February. You will not be disappointed.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TotalLossBrain posted:

It is just something for your fingers to be doing. If it doesn't click (pun intended) for you, it wasn't made for you.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Saddle Brown iPhone case. Even nicer than the goon brigade had said.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

derekcooper posted:

Saddle Brown iPhone case. Even nicer than the goon brigade had said.

Mine's getting a nice patina already. Looks great with the black phone.

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012
Somewhere to keep the booze

Randyslawterhouse has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Oct 14, 2016

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Randyslawterhouse posted:

drat, I like that a lot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Randyslawterhouse posted:

I wish I liked those sorts of patterns. Honeycomb is appealing to me but not in woodgrain and it breaks my heart.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Obviously local laws may vary but all y'all fidgeting people need to try picking locks. I don't specifically do it as a fidgety thing, and of course I don't just walk around with a Master #1 and my picks, but on long conference calls or while sitting around thinking over a technical problem it's a nice way to keep your hands busy. I handed a practice Master lock and a single pick to several people I know who've never tried locksport and all of them busted it open in short order, and every single one of them grinned like I do when popping a new lock for the first time. It's not even terribly expensive to get into, either.

As to actual purchases I just bought Battlefield 1 for PS4 so I can play with my IRL gaming friends and I'm so close to just buying it for PC as well so I can play this weekend.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I can't remember if I posted the last couple already but if I did I did not order multiples, I just don't read my own posts apparently.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

You sure churn through buttplugs.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beefnoodle posted:

You sure churn through buttplugs.

None of that goes in a butt.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

What is this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It goes in a butt.