Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: Where the time travel rules are made up and the plot points don't matter

I like this, but

howe_sam posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian: Also the Legends of Tomorrow

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

howe_sam posted:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Legend of Time Lesbian, Sarah Lance

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Legends of Tomorrow: Time Lesbian and Friends.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Legends of Tomarrow - "I love roasting Nazi's" :D

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

But Einstein had jack poo poo to do with the bomb.

I am raging so hard right now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

shades of eternity posted:

Legends of Tomarrow - "I love roasting Nazi's" :D

Seconding this one. Dominic Purcell is the MVP of this show two years in a row.

:flame:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was not very good. They actually refer to their team as the Legends? Did they do that last season?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That's how Rip recruited them, by saying they are legends in the future

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm so glad they stuck with Sara Lance: Time Lesbian :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Duke posted:

That's how Rip recruited them, by saying they are legends in the future

I know Rip said it when he recruited them and Ray said it when they met Conner Hawke but it's a thing now?

So lame.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Time travel gently caress up platoon" doesn't have a nice ring to it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Their sheer joy at the idea of kidnapping Albert Einstein was great

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

howe_sam posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian

This has to be the new thread title.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

howe_sam posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: Captain Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian :colbert:

:colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm so happy that the worst show on television is back. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like how they added a hexagonal control array in the middle of their command center.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

I'm so happy that the worst show on television is back. :allears:

To be fair, the show has ditched some of the worst parts of the first season. So no more Hawk People or Vandal Savage. Now they just need to bring Captain Cold back into the mix, and it can be a goofy fun show about B and C list superpowered people traveling through time.

On the other hand, I'm kind of ambivalent about Damien Dahrk and the Reverse Flash with the newish actor. Well, he's not new, but you know what I mean, he's not Harry.

And it was bit of slog to clean out my DVR to finish the last season of Arrow, but that was mostly caused by Olicity dragging the show down.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I got bored of this show last season and skipped the last few episodes - what happened to snart and the hawks?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I got bored of this show last season and skipped the last few episodes - what happened to snart and the hawks?

Spoilers for the end of season 1:

Snart sacrificed himself by sticking him face in some sort of temporal bomb so he could go star in that Prison Break revival Fox is doing this year save Mick, Ray and the rest of the team and kill all the Time Masters in a single blow. He's still "alive" in the past, but his death is a Fixed Point now or something. That said, Wentworth Miller signed the same special contract that John Barrowman has that allows him to pop up on Legends/Flash/Arrow/Supergirl(?) whenever he's needed without having to factor in guest pay, so we have definitely not seen the last of Captain Cold.

As for the Hawks, eh they kind of just hosed off to go be boring together after the team triple-deluxe killed Vandal Savage. Doubtful they'll be back. They're being swapped out for Citizen Steel and Vixen...'s grandmother, both of whom were introduced in tonight's episode

Which is kind of a shame because I thought Hawkgirl was perfectly fine... when she was as far divorced from the Hawkman/Vandal Savage/reincarnation bullshit plot as possible. But apparently it was always the show's intention to have a revolving cast between seasons. Basically don't get overly attached to anyone who isn't Brandon Routh and/or Victor Garber.

E: Seriously, you probably should watch at least the last 4 episodes of the season. The final arc is really good and it actually manages to salvage Savage into a halfway decent Arrowverse villain.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 14, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I know Rip said it when he recruited them and Ray said it when they met Conner Hawke but it's a thing now?

LoT has its fair share of bad lines but that "Don't you remember? Rip Hunter recruited us to be Legends!" one has to be the first of them all.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

howe_sam posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: Sara Lance, Time Bisexual :colbert:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not happy that both TV versions of Vixen have long hair

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I really enjoyed that and two of the best villains the CW-verse has had being on one show is also great. I'd be super happy if the show was just "Thawne and Darhk gently caress up time" with our sorry looking lot of hopefuls here chasing after them and fixing it.

Literally "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego".

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
if memory serves me correctly, malcolm merlyn and captain cold will joining them shortly so expect more ham then a pig farm. :D

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

shades of eternity posted:

if memory serves me correctly, malcolm merlyn and captain cold will joining them shortly so expect more ham then a pig farm. :D

Thank god, they can barely fight WW2 technology and a bunch of beta mooks.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Xelkelvos posted:

Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian: Also the Legends of Tomorrow

:colbert: :c00lbutt: :colbert:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 15, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sara Lance w/ the wink+finger gun was 100% awesome.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Yeah, this show is trash and it is endearing as hell when it realizes this.

Sara Lance: Time Bisexual is more accurate, but "Time Lesbian" really rolls off the tongue.

:heysexy:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian with occasional bisexual tendencies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
What about Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual? Eh? Eh? :heysexy:

Brandon Routh needs more love.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

nine-gear crow posted:

What about Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual? Eh? Eh? :heysexy:

Brandon Routh needs more love.

Well he's clearly going to get it from Sara this season.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, I know who the Reverse-Flash is, but can someone explain Darhk to me? The wiki is not helpful at all. Also, why is his name so stupid?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pyroi posted:

So, I know who the Reverse-Flash is, but can someone explain Darhk to me? The wiki is not helpful at all. Also, why is his name so stupid?

Basically he's a former prominent member of the League of Assassins but left because he's too evil for them, uses some kind of sorcery and he believes that humanity has hosed itself over too hard so the only correct solution is to kill everyone except himself and a few hundred other people sealed in a vault.

His name is dumb because COMICS

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Basically he's a former prominent member of the League of Assassins but left because he's too evil for them, uses some kind of sorcery and he believes that humanity has hosed itself over too hard so the only correct solution is to kill everyone except himself and a few hundred other people sealed in a vault.

Well he didn't leave because he was too evil, he left because he got passed over to be the next Ra's and was marked for death because of it, so he took a bunch of mooks and some Lazarus Pit water and formed his own thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wheat Loaf posted:

LoT has its fair share of bad lines but that "Don't you remember? Rip Hunter recruited us to be Legends!" one has to be the first of them all.
That was sooooo so so bad. Sooo bad. And it was written by someone in a room full of other people, then a bunch more people read and re-read it and they all decided that was the best string of words to express what needed to be expressed. At least a dozen people had to see it before it got to Routh and nobody piped up with "hey this is the single dumbest thing ever committed to paper, just fyi." :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The Time Lesbian Strikes Again! :j:

The best part is Thawne fuckin' around with history:

Thawne: "BARRY YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE TIME YOU'RE BAD AT IT"
Barry: "Fine kill my mom w/e"

*runs back through the time stream immediately afterwards*

Thawne: "hey Dahrk look what I did, I got the Nazis to bomb New York! Pretty rad huh"

He's just such a smug amoral dick. :allears:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 16, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pyroi posted:

He's Neal McDonough, that's all you need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Basically he's a former prominent member of the League of Assassins but left because he's too evil for them, uses some kind of sorcery and he believes that humanity has hosed itself over too hard so the only correct solution is to kiss everyone except himself and a few hundred other people sealed in a vault.

Chokes McGee posted:

Thawne: "BARRY YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE TIME YOU'RE BAD AT IT"
Barry: "Fine kiss my mom w/e"

I love you word replacer. I want more plots like when Otto Octavius was kissing on Aunt May. Only Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian can thwart these Time Casanovas from siring Per Degaton (no relation), future Hitler.

• Locked thread