Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Guy Goodbody posted:

All these dumb game news sites. I don't believe anything that isn't reported in Electronic Gaming Monthly

Agreed, my gaming writers must be really good at busting their quads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't find McQuarie's original statement. I'm curious what they're reasoning is.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I am kind of sad that the wiiu thread was close, it was the single best thread in games, but i guess a subpar star fox game broke people.

anyways the NX will be cool and good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cyron posted:

I am kind of sad that the wiiu thread was close, it was the single best thread in games, but i guess a subpar star fox game broke people.

That wasn't why it was closed. It was a lot of unrelated shitposting.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[very peace talker voice] hamburgers

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

oddium posted:

[very peace talker voice] hamburgers

Ugh, I've been craving hamburgers all day.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

bman in 2288 posted:

Ugh, I've been craving hamburgers all day.

For gently caress's sake, I'm tired of this constant censorship of videogames. It's noodles, okay!? Noodles!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

For gently caress's sake, I'm tired of this constant censorship of videogames. It's noodles, okay!? Noodles!

Actually, I had noodles earlier this week, so I'm good on that front.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYU0pBAnTkc&t=382s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I can't find McQuarie's original statement. I'm curious what they're reasoning is.

sounds like they think its going to be priced too high to move volume so investors should be cautious about buying in prior to the reveal. also that they shouldn't overestimate mario run sales due to smaller launch market than one might expect.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Honestly it's poor analysis for a couple reasons, on NX seems he is just guessing on features and price, there's nothing concrete there.

On Mario Run iOS is only %40 of the market, but it's the market where people actually buy apps. And it will be on Android probably in a couple months anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it can't be more than a short term outlook.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sony is doomed now too

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/786739854419845120

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
We must destroy all phones.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

But there's been a lot of Playstation brand titles for phones.

Like quite a few.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Sony hates games brands.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/786379589832601600

NXPhone confirmed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's the big day.

Today is the day when...

Edgar comes back

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Cyron posted:

The thread was created and closed long after Assault came out though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bill lookin' cuter than normal today.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In other news gently caress you Michael Pachter

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/786909686784073728

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe that anyone would every say Satoru Iwata was not great what the gently caress. Like not even as a Nintendo fan, but as a gamer at all, that's just disgusting

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

greatn posted:

Just phoned down to the sales department, Michael Pachter will also be barred indefinitely from owning a Nintendo NX

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

that loving angel basically saved the entirety of mother smash bros and kirby

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

How can you be a Nintendo fan but be mixed on Iwata? It's not like he was even a controversial figure, like a 90's Bill Gates or 2000's Steve Jobs.

quote:

Although not part of Nintendo at the time, Iwata assisted in the development of Pokémon Gold and Silver, which were released for the Game Boy Color in November 1999, by creating a set of compression tools utilized for graphics in the games.[23] While working as a go-between for Game Freak and Nintendo, he aided in the programming of Pokémon Stadium for the Nintendo 64 by reading the original coding in Pokémon Red and Green and porting the battle system into the new game in just one week.

'Not Great'

well why not fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 14, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gunpei Yokoi made the virtual boy, what a loving chump.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pachter is funny in that almost literally all his predictions trend opposite what he says constantly. I'm almost convinced it's on purpose. nobody can be that loving bad at their job

that poo poo about iwata working sorcery in the pokemon carts is still mindblowing

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Reiley posted:

Just phoned down to the sales department, Michael Pachter will also be barred indefinitely from owning a Nintendo NX

Oh man, I should really take a potshot at a beloved, recently deceased member of the video games industry inbetween asking for money.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

greatn posted:

gently caress you Michael Pachter

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Even beyond that, the fact that he's saying, with his mouth words that Super Mario Run isn't exploitative enough is just...butts. It wasn't enough for them to make first-party titles for mobile now it's a problem they aren't doing mobile pricing the right way. Which is the wrong way, but it's right to do it that way.

Like that's really something with Nintendo these days is that they're not exploitative enough that's yeah that's something they should definitely work on doing more of.

It's like that one investor from a few years back who said they could make more revenue by making a mobile Mario game where you can pay micro-transactions to jump higher.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I think there was a highlight reel of dumb poo poo Michael Pachter has said that went around several years ago and it was gold.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't he that guy a year or two ago was like "this is it consoles are over"

Electromax
May 6, 2007

greatn posted:

Just for fairness (this is what I saw when I clicked is twitter, I hate this dude):

https://twitter.com/michaelpachter/status/786973461713346560

That woman carries all data about the NX memorized in her head, and the world will only learn the truth when she finally chooses to break her silence.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What if she is the NX?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

Hahahaha

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

greatn posted:

It's the big day.

Today is the day when...

Edgar comes back

This magazine was so interesting, up until I realized it was the big day

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Who even is this Michael guy, I'd never heard of him before now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bloodychill posted:

Who even is this Michael guy, I'd never heard of him before now.

A game "analyst" who seems to be wrong 100% of the time.

He also has a major bias against Nintendo and has claimed they have been doomed every single year.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kashuno posted:

I can't believe that anyone would every say Satoru Iwata was not great what the gently caress. Like not even as a Nintendo fan, but as a gamer at all, that's just disgusting

You can easily dig up some posts from the SA archives where people want Iwatas head for the failure of the WiiU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SilverSupernova posted:

A game "analyst" who seems to be wrong 100% of the time.

He also has a major bias against Nintendo and has claimed they have been doomed every single year.

He thought the WiiU would be a big hit initially, though.

• Locked thread