Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Someone needs to go beat my drift scores, its lonely at the top...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Keket posted:

9 hours from this post to go win the S14, 15,000 cr and exp in the forzathon.

But I called in sick YESTERDAY :mad:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
The challenges look easy as gently caress, and you have a couple of days to do it.

Pinny posted:

Someone needs to go beat my drift scores, its lonely at the top...

Nice one man, I'll try beating those when i have the time/energy, trying to not burn out on the game.

Aparently this might be one of the s14 bodykits,

Or it's going to be included in a upcoming HOONIGAN dlc

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I have won exactly one car, a Civic Type R, from spins. gently caress you, spins, gently caress you right in the rear end.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Game is suddenly hosed again. Crashes as soon as the loading screen starts after clicking continue. Yay.

...And disabling my mic gets it working again, this loving game

Pinny fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 13, 2016

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
You can unlock the S14 in like 5 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMMWJ3ov1g

Also "the best" Japanese cars are going on sale if you're looking to spends some of those millions most of you have stacking up:

https://twitter.com/WeArePlayground/status/785815059624759296

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
loving UTC.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

The S14 has a ton of aero options, I like that. Only one widebody, though.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm terrible at drifting, but I want that car. I guess I'll give it a try.

In other news: yay they finally added wheel rotation settings. I can finally race competently.

Edit: And I haven't won anything over 50k in a spin. Not even a car yet. gently caress that.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I've won a ford focus as my only car from wheelspins. Not even the HE.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
But how will I know which cars are Japanese? All cars look alike to me. Soooo Toyota, Lexus, ... Nissan?

I also noticed today that if you have the 3x skill points perk, you get the bonus but a charge is not consumed if you do a street race. Combine with a HE skills car for 4.5x XP with no worry about having to re-buy the perk!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Good shout on the Porsche expansion being on sale, I just recently got an Xbox One and Forza 6 and Horizon 3. The Porsche pack was the big one I still needed.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What is a drift zone and how do i find it

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

This isn't all of them but it should help:

You can find them while driving around the open world area, though I'm not sure if you have to upgrade your festivals first.

The S14 is a cool car even with mostly factory stylings:

I always liked how well this car balanced style with blending into normal everyday traffic.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Finally won a car. A loving Ferrari California. And 3 more 2000cr wins as well. gently caress these spins.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

geeves posted:

Finally won a car. A loving Ferrari California. And 3 more 2000cr wins as well. gently caress these spins.

complaining helps out, last time I complained I spun two HE cars in a row.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So the last Forza game I played was Forza 3, which I absolutely adored. I loved the huge selection of cars and the flexibility the game gave you to do horrible things to them and wound up playing the hell out of it.

I've not had a console since my 360 bricked years ago and now I'm craving Forza action again, and Horizon on the PC is mighty appealing but I have some quick questions about what I might be getting myself into. I know a little about Horizons compared to the actual Forza but clarification would be great.

1) Is the level of car customisation on par with actual Forza? Both aesthetically and performancewise. I spent ages putting together horrible, barely-functional monsters which I lovingly painted, so this is a big part of the appeal for me.

2) I know the gameplay is more arcadey than the main series, but are there still toggleable assists/realism settings, or is it closer to Need For Speed and the like?

3) If I don't have many buddies who play, will I be missing out on much? I'm not sure how Drivatars work and how they're integrated into gameplay.

4) PCwise, have things gotten better? I have a pretty beefy PC so I doubt I'll have many performance issues, but I'm still hearing all kinds of responses.

Cheers for any help!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

So the last Forza game I played was Forza 3, which I absolutely adored. I loved the huge selection of cars and the flexibility the game gave you to do horrible things to them and wound up playing the hell out of it.

Hey me too!

1. Yes all the customization and fiddly tuning stuff is there from what I can recall of three.

2. Yes you can turn assists off and set various levels of simulation. No fueling and I think damage simulation is toned down quite a bit from three.

3. I have no idea how multiplayer or drivatars work. Sorry

4. This seems to be hit or miss. First it ran terrible for me, stuttering crashing all the time. Then, last patch it was fine. Today it crashed for me a few times, but I turned off my microphone and it seems better, but I also get stuttering again if I've been playing a while.

I enjoy this as much as I enjoyed three and I've been disappointed by a lot of racing games since then.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

complaining helps out, last time I complained I spun two HE cars in a row.

Hah. My latest problem is that the Xbox freezes for a 1/2 second every 5 minutes or so. I think I'm just done with this game :/

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Songbearer posted:

I've not had a console since my 360 bricked years ago and now I'm craving Forza action again, and Horizon on the PC is mighty appealing but I have some quick questions about what I might be getting myself into. I know a little about Horizons compared to the actual Forza but clarification would be great.

1) Is the level of car customisation on par with actual Forza? Both aesthetically and performancewise. I spent ages putting together horrible, barely-functional monsters which I lovingly painted, so this is a big part of the appeal for me.

2) I know the gameplay is more arcadey than the main series, but are there still toggleable assists/realism settings, or is it closer to Need For Speed and the like?

3) If I don't have many buddies who play, will I be missing out on much? I'm not sure how Drivatars work and how they're integrated into gameplay.

4) PCwise, have things gotten better? I have a pretty beefy PC so I doubt I'll have many performance issues, but I'm still hearing all kinds of responses.

Cheers for any help!

The customizing is pretty much exactly what you had with 3. It will feel very familiar and I'm pretty sure nothing is missing in that regard.

The driving model is a boot more forgiving in 2 ways. They've made drifting easier, and collisions don't punish you. You're not going to get spun out by other cars. That being said, with the assists off you're going to face a challenge much closer to forza motorsport than to need for speed.

You don't need to play online. It represents the in game ai as if it's your friends when playing offline but it's more of an immersion gimmick than anything else.

As for running on pc I've had very few problems but some users have nothing but issues. I think it takes a very specific combo of hardware to make sure things are stable. Some people have to disable audio input devices to get the game to not crash but I haven't had to do any weird fuckery to get my stability.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Songbearer posted:

Cheers for any help!

I'd suggest get forza motorsport apex instead/first, since it's free https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/store/p/forza-motorsport-6-apex/9nblggh3shm7

PC performance with horizons is a coinflip, maybe it'll work and maybe it won't. They say they're patching it, though.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I should have paid more attention to the forzathon rewards. I guess I had to get three star drift scores anyway, but gently caress the payout for that thing. Also even though I'm marginally better at it, I still dislike drifting.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!

nyoom

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Spent a few extra million on finishing my Nissan collection. I now have em all :japan:

Not really a big Fairlady fan but there were even a few highly detailed DK skins from Tokyo Drift:

:rice:

also this long forgotten and expensive thing:

it's actually fun and good:ssh:

Related models they should add someday:
1) R31 Skyline
2) C32/C33 Laurel
3) Z31/Z32 300zx
4) Any of the iconic "sleeper" Maxima/Sentra/Altima variants

Thief fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 14, 2016

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Songbearer posted:

Cheers for any help!

So far it seems that the last patch has fixed some crashes on PC, but not most of the common performance issues with stuttering and low frame rates and such. According to one post at forzamotorsport.net, it seems that the PC version uses memory in much the same way as the XBox, which is going to cause problems if your PC memory speed isn't somewhat close to the XBox, which has 2133 MHz ram. So if that is actually the main issue, then it's anyone's guess how Playground Games is going to solve that problem relatively quickly.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Cheers guys, great answers :) I'll pick this up next week, can't wait to take a hatchet to some beloved automotive relics!

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
You Drift King dudes are a special class. I did that Forzathon stuff last night and poo poo I was legit mad.

I actually like drifting in games and I'm reasonably ok at it, but it seems like as soon as I enter a drift zone it becomes a loving parking lot / convoy race meetup point. I passed FOURTEEN cars in one them.

Now for the achievements, I have to drift a Raptor (?), a heavy vehicle (the Raptor?) and get 3 stars on every Drift Zone :smithicide:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Also I'm mad they took out the rally stuff for the 69 Fairlady Z 432 or whatever. That was my favorite non-Ford car in the series.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Let it be known that this is absolutely the coolest rally kit

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

I made a rally car, its pretty swe....

OH MY GOD ITS A 318Ti!!!!!!! I demand it in forza 7, i want this 10 times harder than the FC i've been bitching about.

(Pretending to be a submarine)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, I've seen stuff that you can't purchase like a Toyota Yaris driving around too.

Also, I already posted my rally Celica but that has one of the coolest rally mods in the game, a snorkel that climbs the hood/windshield all the way up to the roof of the car.

Thief fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 14, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Anyone up for some online dirt road racing tonight or saturday? Make a RWD car and hit me up on xbox: GT: Mattd1zzl3

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
New update dropping today http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_october_update2

quote:

Stability
· Fixed an issue where having a microphone enabled in the game but no speech pack installed would cause the title to crash on Windows 10
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 players when entering Maroondah Road Bucket List event
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 and Xbox One players when joining online Bucket List Blueprint challenges with mismatched DLC
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Xbox One players when pausing the game
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when collecting Loyalty Rewards while in a Convoy
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when using the AMD R9 Fury X graphics card on Windows 10
· Fixed a TDR for Windows 10 players

Performance
· Players running four-core setups on Windows 10 should see CPU improvements
· Improved thread layout changes for eight-core setups on Windows 10, resulting in improved performance
· Improvement to performance in upgrades and tuning screens on Windows 10
· Fixed a stall when driving in Byron Bay on Windows 10
· Stall fixed when applying Drivatar liveries while driving on Windows 10
· Stall fixed when driving in free roam on Xbox One

Wheel Support
· Improvements to force feedback dead zone and FFB performance when driving on tarmac on both Xbox One and Windows 10
· Fixed a bug so that wheel button prompts now match the in-game bindings on Windows 10
· Actions that must be mapped are now identified in the UI and number of actions that must be mapped has been reduced on Windows 10

General Improvements
· Fix for photo mode being blurry for some Windows 10 players
· Groove music playback improvements on Xbox One
· Upgrade basket UI now supports mouse input for Windows 10
· Fix for bug that prevented Windows 10 players from progressing past the Start screen with no internet connection
· Added Master Volume option for Windows 10 players
· Fix to Advanced Camera functionality in left and top views in Paintshop (Xbox One and Windows)
· Fix to enable Rewind when returning from Co-Op to Solo (Xbox One and Windows)
· Added option to mute microphones in-game (Xbox One and Windows)
· Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out (Xbox One and Windows)

Gameplay Changes
· Horizon Edition cars that boost either Skills or XP no longer provide a benefit in Online Adventure
· Fixed an issue where the Perk “The XP Bump” worked in Online Adventure. Now it provides no benefit outside of single player racing
· Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill
· Reduced the amount of XP awarded for banking Skill Chains
· Reduced 3-Star score target on the following Drift Zones: Mountain Scramble, Mountain Foot, Reservoir, and Gold Mine
· Previous Horizon Edition cars removed from Wheelspins; new Horizon Edition cars added. The new HE cars are the BAC Mono Horizon Edition , Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition, Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition, MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition, MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition, and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition
· Added the name of the current Championship to Car Select in Online Adventure to help players choose a suitable car
· Horizon Edition cars display the correct bonus for Wheelspins
· Fixed an issue where the Landmarks stat was incorrectly listed as 21 instead of 19, stopping players reaching 100 percent complete

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Gunna try out the FFB improvements on PC here in a bit. Cuz holy poo poo it was TERRIBLE. I didn't hate it on xbone before.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Adding new HE edition cars? Interesting. I'm also hyped for the fixes to groove radio more than anything else.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Wow they're gonna remove the previous HE cars from wheelspins? I guess that means there's a finite amount of them out there now. Interesting.

Hey that'd be cool if the Gift Car feature was still available for trading between friends, but no.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

It's actually kind of cool. It'll keep the auction house interesting at least as time goes by.

I sold my HE Focus with the Ken Block skin for a ton of credits because they are adding his car to the Hoonigan DLC apparently.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Horizon Edition cars are limited time only? Goddamnit :mad:

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

quote:

· Fixed a TDR for Windows 10 players

This is the one that takes out your gpu drivers, which then locks it to low power states until reboot or disabling and re-enabling your display adapter. It's the loving crash I get all the drat time. :10bux: says it isn't actually fixed.

quote:

· Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill

boooo, thats how i'm 1st on the club leaderboard :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Pinny posted:

This is the one that takes out your gpu drivers, which then locks it to low power states until reboot or disabling and re-enabling your display adapter. It's the loving crash I get all the drat time. :10bux: says it isn't actually fixed.

Out of curiosity, what card are you using? I am about to upgrade to a 1060 from a 660 in hopes that this fixes that issue, which I've had for a while with my card, rearing its head as far back as Witcher 3.

...I'm also getting an Xbox One S controller with impulse triggers, because I am a rube.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 14, 2016

• Locked thread