Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

For once it's something I actually predicted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What's the call on talking about "Western" webtoons? Seriously, I could gush over Siren's Lament and Always Human till the end of time.

Edit: Yeah, I don't think I'm going to go back to Girls of the Wilds this whole prolonging nonsense wasn't cute in Nisekoi and it's not cute here.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 2, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there have been a bunch of chapters released for trinity wonder today. i'm not sure if it is any good, but it sure is pretty.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
http://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-278

Don't teach karate to the god of humans

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

God of high school, featuring A Good Dog

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ConanThe3rd posted:

What's the call on talking about "Western" webtoons? Seriously, I could gush over Siren's Lament and Always Human till the end of time.

Edit: Yeah, I don't think I'm going to go back to Girls of the Wilds this whole prolonging nonsense wasn't cute in Nisekoi and it's not cute here.

There's a thread in the BSS subforum for western web comics/webtoons, so that might be the best place to discuss them.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
http://m.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-280/viewer?title_no=66&episode_no=282

In which rambling grandpas accidentally destroy God's army while trying to kill each other

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Whoa, Girls of the Wild just ended.

On a kind of meh note too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

Whoa, Girls of the Wild just ended.

On a kind of meh note too.

The author bungled it hard. I can see how the non stupid version of this goes though and that's always the frustrating thing.

He really also droped the ball really hard by not focusing on the fights oh well, another one to the pile that showed promise and then blew it.

Siren's Lament didn't take its top spot undeserved.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
good stuff in this week's Noblesse. Karius is such an rear end in a top hat lmao

finally time to see Muzaka gently caress some dudes up

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Just finished re-reading Attaque. You know, I wasn't super invested in the story itself...but as a fencer, I'm very pleased by the fencing scenes. Don't think anything else ever captured the fencing feeling quite like this series.

It really captured that feeling you have when you've just learned to fence a little, think you're fairly decent and realize the guy standing in front of you might as well be untouchable :allears:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Sekrun is the best. Mods change my ava to this.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I cannot loving stand the way Noblesse uses white space. It's the dumbest poo poo, if the author would put the panels closer together like a normal person chapters would probably be literally half as long.

I was having issues with my internet a couple weeks ago and it made reading Noblesse practically impossible. Did my connection go out? Is there supposed to be literally nearly a page of white space here? Do I need to reload the page because Webtoon doesn't actually load pages in advance and my connection hiccuped, causing random panels/pages to not appear? Who knows!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
all I can figure is it's to make one panel show up per "screen" since that's usually how it seems to land when I'm on my phone.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Wrist Watch posted:

I cannot loving stand the way Noblesse uses white space. It's the dumbest poo poo, if the author would put the panels closer together like a normal person chapters would probably be literally half as long.

I was having issues with my internet a couple weeks ago and it made reading Noblesse practically impossible. Did my connection go out? Is there supposed to be literally nearly a page of white space here? Do I need to reload the page because Webtoon doesn't actually load pages in advance and my connection hiccuped, causing random panels/pages to not appear? Who knows!

Tons of manhwa do this, and yes, it is insanely infuriating. Particularly for webtoons.com, since it takes a while to load each page and their background is white, so you never know if a page is just loading or if it's supposed to be that way.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Could God of High School maybe just calm down a bit? Just a small little bit??? RIP Mars

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

Could God of High School maybe just calm down a bit? Just a small little bit??? RIP Mars

GoHS Earth really is more screwed than Toriko Earth was at this point

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't suppose there's been any news on the third part of The Breaker, has there?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the people doing it started some other series so its going to be a long time/never most likely

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jose posted:

the people doing it started some other series so its going to be a long time/never most likely
What is the current series that they're working on?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Grouchio posted:

What is the current series that they're working on?

Trinity Wonder.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just read the soccer match chapter of GoHS and what the gently caress is this.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Gologle posted:

I just read the soccer match chapter of GoHS and what the gently caress is this.

It's GoHS.

Just strap in and enjoy the ride.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The funny thing here is Mira is somewhere off-panel just casually watching.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
http://m.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-284/viewer?title_no=66&episode_no=286

A bit of a hard chapter to follow but I'm happy to know that grandpa ripping his own arm off only made him stronger and true love is still blooming on the battlefield in the face of the apocalypse.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've just caught up on GoHS and I can't loving believe or predict where this plot is going to go. For a while there I was just like the commenters saying "Bring Mori back, you bitch" but I don't even care anymore, everything is just going so off the rails it's zooming through the Milky Way.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
This talk of GoHS makes me kind of get back into it. Anyone know around what chapters I should look for when (spoilering in case people are just starting to read it or still reading it) Monkey dude gets split in two and his one half goes back to earth and him and the guy and girl are in some competition I think with other high schools or groups?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Regarding GoHS: FINALLY

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Its happening

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Double post but GoHS cast knows what's most important

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

GoHS update:

So is this the last arc of GoHS? Unless they start introducing new power tiers, I'm pretty sure it's exhausted its entire villain stack by introducing literal deities as opponents. The main trio have all ascended to godhood levels of power and mother fucker I just realized this is an elaborate setup to have a character literally ascend and become the new God of High School

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Mods please rename me to "Mira waiting patiently offscreen"

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

I've heard of a Webtoon that can Make Webtoons Great Again. How good is it?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Annarasumnara, I think, just destroyed my soul, holy crap. It's one of the few I've read that have made me feel genuinely empty inside. Is God of Bath as good as this is?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gologle posted:

Annarasumnara, I think, just destroyed my soul, holy crap. It's one of the few I've read that have made me feel genuinely empty inside. Is God of Bath as good as this is?

All the stuff I've read by that guy is really good. The one about high school students fighting in a war is also interesting (I forget its name). Honestly, that manhwa author probably writes the only manhwa that I consider really good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shin angyo onshi is a classic. but yeah, most webtoons are really bad.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Shin Amhaengosa is still the best manhwa I've read, yeah, but Annarasunara is really good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shin angyo onshi is a classic. but yeah, most webtoons are really bad.

it helps that SAO isn't a webtoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jose posted:

it helps that SAO isn't a webtoon

the printed manwha industry is mostly dead. webtoons are the only kind of manwha that still get published.