Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Crosspeice posted:

Would've made more sense to release an Aqua version with May and Blaziken alongside this one, but maybe that's next week.

This is the worst idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mangosteen queen is the mascot pokemon of something awful

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't really care when they showed of Bounsweet because I thought it was just going to be another Cherubi. But is evos have such a werid design and flavor that there is no way that I can't pick it. Like no long afraid of being stabbed and needing the blessing of other Steenee to evolve. I goes I finally got my third pokemon.

Steenee dex posted:

Upon evolving, this Pokémon’s fragrance becomes even more delectable, but it also gains a tomboy-like personality. Living together with one is quite the ordeal. As it moves around, it spins its calyx, striking nearby objects, but Steenee couldn’t care less.

Steenee dex posted:

Tsareena has the nature of high-class nobility. Any Pokémon or human that approaches it with evil in mind will be punished forthwith. It even turns its fearsome glare upon its own Trainer if the two of them are not fully in sync, or if its Trainer orders it to use a move that will be ineffective. Only the strongest of Steenee are able to evolve. When this happens, the Steenee evolves with the blessing of other Steenee.

It’s said that this Pokémon loses its strength if touched on the crown-like protuberance on its head.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I know tsarina means Princess but what's the pun otherwise

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want to nickname my Jangmo-o "A Jangmo-o never yields" but the character limit is dumb and wrong

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I know tsarina means Princess but what's the pun otherwise
Steenee and tsareena are plays on Mangosteen, the fruit they're based on.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I can already picture Aqua Admin Matt's voice in my head going all "BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH" and "AHAHAHAHAHAHA I LIKE YOU LITTLE GUY"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Crosspeice posted:

Would've made more sense to release an Aqua version with May and Blaziken alongside this one, but maybe that's next week.

May vs. Team Aqua is fine, but I'd rather not just have the same episode but with different characters.

Carlosologist posted:

I want to nickname my Jangmo-o "A Jangmo-o never yields" but the character limit is dumb and wrong

Just name it Dhurke.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

Japanese trailer shows bag, has what looks like a seperate pocket for z-crystals and a "Heart" pocket, Favorites?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

I thought Courtney's would have been more monotone and mechanical rather than psychotic.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Benach posted:

Japanese trailer shows bag, has what looks like a seperate pocket for z-crystals and a "Heart" pocket, Favorites?

Yeah, mayhaps Free Space. I hope that's what it is!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

they should give away torchics until they run out and blaziken is deleted from the pokedex

mods??

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Benach posted:

is that the evo of the lei baby in slot 3?

have we seen that??

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
It's just Comfey, same as it ever was.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Benach posted:

No Alola form for Cloyster, eh?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Ruggington posted:

every story with 5 detectives needs a femme fatale

The heat roiled off the pavement. Here in the city, the air was stifling. Tsareena prowls through my door like a whore through a church—a pinup green with stumps that went on for miles. No dame her age could afford a ribbon like the one she wore, but with looks like that, you’d expect nothing less. She had bad news written on her like the Alolan Tribune. This dame was all business—before I could even offer her a seat, she lets slip that Ribombee managed to get herself wasted.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I look forward to the next episode of Pokemon Generations where Kyougre gets clowned on by a single Shedinja.

That was canon, right?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

is that the evo of the lei baby in slot 3?

have we seen that??

It just looks like regular Comfey to me :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If anyone is interested in animation nerd poo poo about how XY and SM have been improving animation so much, some dude made a cool video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBH3IYRjaw

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm not sure we really needed yet another overtly feminine anthropomorphic plant Pokemon. It's not even the first one this generation.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

I look forward to the next episode of Pokemon Generations where Kyougre gets clowned on by a single Shedinja.

That was canon, right?

Kyogre AND Deoxys

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Ometeotl posted:

I'm not sure we really needed yet another overtly feminine anthropomorphic plant Pokemon. It's not even the first one this generation.

Did you just assume Lurantis' gender.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So today I learned that in Generation 1 PP Up has a sale price of 0 Pokebucks.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ometeotl posted:

I'm not sure we really needed yet another overtly feminine anthropomorphic plant Pokemon.

We do when the whole line looks this good

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It looks more weirdly feminine than UB-Beauty. That doesn't seem right.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

StandardVC10 posted:

So today I learned that in Generation 1 PP Up has a sale price of 0 Pokebucks.

Ah, the wild-west days where Meowth's Pay Day was your only source of renewable money, and that was Blue version only. Some other fun tidbits: you could buy any drink from Celadon's vending machines so long as you have a non-zero amount of money; it didn't check for the exact amount, though you'd still be left at zero dollars afterwards.

Also, they (somewhat) learned their lesson about fail-states in Yellow; you could get into the Safari Zone for less than admission if you don't have enough, but it scaled down the number of Safari Balls you'd get. If you were broke you had to pester them several times and they would let you in with a single ball.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I like how Aloha Muk unlike Muk are even more toxic but don't gave off a bad smell. Also the array of colors reminds me of poison dart frogs.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Tsareena is Beyoncé

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

maybe it's just me, but i feel it would have been cool if the alolan grimer/muk line was part rock and they had more rocky protrusions on them

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rosenrade and Guildensteen are Dead

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Johnny Joestar posted:

maybe it's just me, but i feel it would have been cool if the alolan grimer/muk line was part rock and they had more rocky protrusions on them

4x weakness to ground would not be cool though

Poison/Dark is a really good type.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i care little about type strengths/weaknesses

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Johnny Joestar posted:

i care little about type strengths/weaknesses

Then You Can Get Bent

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

if grimer is always eating garbage, I guess [your favourite pokemon] should watch out, ha ha

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Poison/Rock Weezing is my only hope.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/786917528803082240

They should really get shorter sleeves, it's hot in Alola.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Now thinking about it, is Bounsweet only going to a female since they describe Steenee to have a tomboy-like personality and Tsareena abilty is called Queenly Majesty

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Captain Fargle posted:

Kyogre AND Deoxys

I never got to fight Deoxys in Emerald :(

...but you can add Rayquaza to the list although it requires Protect to not get rekt by Fly.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/786917528803082240

They should really get shorter sleeves, it's hot in Alola.

There uniform is very breathable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Now thinking about it, is Bounsweet only going to a female since they describe Steenee to have a tomboy-like personality and Tsareena abilty is called Queenly Majesty

Might be like Combee where only the females evolve.